Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

The Good Morning Thread

GolfSpy_APH

32 minutes ago, GolfSpy AFG said:

Good morning gents.  Had another article published by HQ; happy for your feedback and comments!

https://mygolfspy.com/news-opinion/accomplishing-your-golf-fitness-goals/

Have a good one everybody!

Great article, thanks for sharing... Golf Canada has a workout program for their Elite Athletes that I like to follow, coles note version is, take a month off after tournament season, usually October, just recharge a bit, then start 80% gym work, 20% swing work and reduce the gym work by 10% each month and increase the swing work by 10% toward start up in april or may. 

committed to performance excellence

4 minutes ago, cksurfdude said:

@Michael.Sandoval33 .. a few miles south of you, and many many years ago (I'm guessing before you were even Michael Sandoval!) the best Mex food in SD County .. and not just my opinion .. was Roberto's truck parked at a beach. Since then the extended family has turned that into a big chain of restaurants 👍

Ohhh yes I do love Roberto's. I lived in San Diego for around 7 years, the Mexican food is unbeatable. The Texans and their "TexMex" can bring it on any day!

main-qimg-db0f504e39e53d44d7fff944ed8ea235-pjlq.jpeg.797eaceaa06166649860954751cb6579.jpeg

The world must know!

WITB

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Qi10 Max

Hybrid: 🐏 FX Max 5h

5i-9i: 🐏 FX Max 10

Wedges: :titleist-small: 48°, 52°, 56°

Putter:  :cleveland-small: HB Soft 14

Ball: :odin:

22 minutes ago, cksurfdude said:

@Michael.Sandoval33 .. a few miles south of you, and many many years ago (I'm guessing before you were even Michael Sandoval!) the best Mex food in SD County .. and not just my opinion .. was Roberto's truck parked at a beach. Since then the extended family has turned that into a big chain of restaurants 👍

When I was stationed at Camp Pendleton we used to live on Roberto's !! SO GOOD.
Where I learned to say: Carne Asada con todo

Man what I wouldn't give for one of those today...

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

1 minute ago, Javs said:

Good morning everyone! Was going to play today, but the back is sore. Goi g to work it out in the gym instead. Hope everyone has a great day!!

I'm a workout and gym fanatic, but sometimes too much of that good thing (working out and lifting) can cause nagging soreness and hamper my golf game.  Just some "food for thought".

DR - Callaway Paradym AI Smoke TD, Newton Motion 4-Dot

4W - Callaway Paradym 3HL, Newton Motion Fairway shaft, 4-Dot

HYB - Paradym X 18*, HZRDUS Smoke Red 80S; Sub 70 949X 21*, same shaft

7W (if played) - Sub 70 849, ProForce Black 80-S

Irons - Callaway Paradym, HZRDUS Silver Gen 4, S-flex

Wedges - Edison 2.0, 53* and 57* (bent to 58*), KBS TGI 100

Putter - (currently in flux, but usually an Evnroll 8V

Ball - Maxfli Tour-X CG (2023)

Bags - Ghost Golf Maverick Black Ops

Cart - MotoCaddy M7 Remote (without the remote)

Spoiler

driver / off the tee is no longer a weakness for me!

1 minute ago, funkyjudge said:

I'm a workout and gym fanatic, but sometimes too much of that good thing (working out and lifting) can cause nagging soreness and hamper my golf game.  Just some "food for thought".

I can see your point. I have set workouts that I do. I have worked out my entire life and it is a big part of my routine. I actually feel worse if I don’t workout. I find lifting and especially stretching help me. I get sore after I play a round and really go after a few shots. 

Play like a champion today!

19 hours ago, Jmikecpa said:

EPCOT was a bust so far unfortunately. Way too crowded for me an I needed to get away for an hour or so. Maybe I will head back or maybe I won’t, still undecided. 

My wife is hoping to be a grandmother in the next few years and then a few years after that go to Disney with grandkids ... I keep telling her, 'have a fun time hon' ... as I really have zero interest in going there with the crowds and the lines (and not to mention the co$t that could go into golf gear 😝 .. and sorry to all of you who love the place)

12 hours ago, Dead Solid Bogey said:

Still have visions of possibly being released to go out of state, maybe as far as the meet up state…

Fingers crossed you're both feeling well enough and get the clearance ... Gonna be a fun outing 👍

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

1 hour ago, Jim Shaw said:

love the hot tub, enjoy...

Thanks!  I'm looking forward to it. 

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

34 minutes ago, Javs said:

I can see your point. I have set workouts that I do. I have worked out my entire life and it is a big part of my routine. I actually feel worse if I don’t workout. I find lifting and especially stretching help me. I get sore after I play a round and really go after a few shots. 

I also feel worse whenever I don't work out.  However, I "tweaked" my back almost two weeks ago and it's still bothering my more than a little.  I still do my stretching and resistance band routines, plus light weight work, but I have aggravated that back issue when working out over the last week when I push things too far.  I'm even considering not walking and carrying my clubs in the tour event this Thursday -- perish the thought!

It sucks getting old (as you may know, I'll be 75 in a month).  People, including my travel team captain who is a "jock" and guys on my winter golf tour, tell me that I am probably in the top 1% of 74 year old men in terms of fitness and athleticism, but when I do get injured and sore, it lingers a lot longer than even when I was in my 50s and 60s.

Spoiler

41 minutes ago, Javs said:

Oh, and I also get sore after a round when I have gone after too many shots really hard. Plus, I will walk even when the course is REALLY spread-out (like the one we played on tour last Thursday, which was a 10-mile walk).

Spoiler

23 minutes ago, rkj427 said:

We lost 2 people during the Pandemic due to staff reductions, but the workload has increased due to customer requirements.

The biggest issue is those making the following statement. "I did not go to school to get my hands dirty."

Personally, I think that is a pretty lame excuse, especially when we work in the automotive industry as a Tier 1 supplier of driveline assemblies and components to numerous OEM's globally.

About 50% or so of my job is understanding why was it replaced, and is it indeed a warrantable concern or not.

Part analysis requirements typically are very thorough even down to material property analysis if required.

Not just the assemblies, but each and every  component that makes up the assembly.

The other 50% is reviewing data and understanding any trends even if you may not get the part back.

Warranty costs are much larger than anyone not in the automotive industry would imagine.

IMG_3455 mgs.jpg

very interesting for me, thanks for sharing

committed to performance excellence

26 minutes ago, funkyjudge said:

I also feel worse whenever I don't work out.  However, I "tweaked" my back almost two weeks ago and it's still bothering my more than a little.  I still do my stretching and resistance band routines, plus light weight work, but I have aggravated that back issue when working out over the last week when I push things too far.  I'm even considering not walking and carrying my clubs in the tour event this Thursday -- perish the thought!

It sucks getting old (as you may know, I'll be 75 in a month).  People, including my travel team captain who is a "jock" and guys on my winter golf tour, tell me that I am probably in the top 1% of 74 year old men in terms of fitness and athleticism, but when I do get injured and sore, it lingers a lot longer than even when I was in my 50s and 60s.

Ouch hope you heal up soon! I feel your pain. Too much hard living has caught up with me as well!

2 hours ago, GolfSpy AFG said:

Good morning gents.  Had another article published by HQ; happy for your feedback and comments!

Good article Hayes. Makes one think about what they are not doing to help their game and getting a regimen started.

TSR1, 9*, Fujikura Ventus Black, 6-S

TSR1, 15*, HZRDUS Black, 5.5 

TSR2, Hybrid, 18*, TPT HYBRID 17/Lo

RBZ Tour4 Hybrid, 21.5*, S 

T-200, (2023), 5-PW,  SteelFiber, i95cw, S 

Vokey Design, 50,54,58, Dynamic Gold S200

Studio Select, Newport 1.5

ELIXR (2022)

3 hours ago, GolfSpy AFG said:

Fabulous article, Hayes, and advice that everyone (not just golfers) should heed and follow!

Edited by funkyjudge

Spoiler

50 minutes ago, funkyjudge said:

It hasn’t stopped me from playing golf, indoors on the SIM and outside on the winter golf tour. I just do a lot of extra stretching, focusing specifically on my back, hips, quads, glutes, and IT Band.

Maybe the fact that I am ratcheting-back a bit on the golf swing lately has contributed to coming in the money, with a solo 3rd, solo 4th and T5 in fields of 48 to 51 golfers in my last 3 tournaments. I have catapulted from near the bottom of the POTY standings to 4th place (3 points out of 3rd and less than 20 points out of 2nd). The guys who are in the 2nd and 3rd place spots are skipping this Thursday’s event, so if I place in the money I will jump to 2nd place. We earn one point per dollar of prize money, with no points earned for skins or CTP winnings.  A 1st place finish this week COULD put me in 1st, but the guy who is holding that spot is 112 points ahead of me, so he will have to place no better than 6th or 7th for me to grab the top spot.   

I really want this POTY title, having narrowly missed out on winning it last year, and then finishing 3rd in POTY out of more than 300 qualified players last year in the statewide senior travel league that I play in from April through October.

Very nice!

Good Tuesday Day Spies! 

It was a chilly Central Florida Morning, 43 degrees at 7am tee off.  But no wind & the thing they call a "sun" was out.  It was a nice 18-hole walk.  The golf was not too hot, putter was still a bit cold, 2 over round. 

Working from home today. Thought I'd stop at the store on way home to buy batteries for garage door opener.  45 minutes later dang garage door opener still doesn't work, with brand new batteries. UGH. 

@skraeling John Pinette is hysterical.  Kind of eerie, Just yesterday a friend emailed me one Pinette's standup routines - "Chinese Buffet" - The guy is funny, including the one you posted. 

Have a Great Day Everyone!! Stay Warm & Hit'em straight ⛳ 

P.S. Happy Birthday @EasyPutter 🎂

Edited by tdroma98

Titleist T200 Irons - 5i thru Gap Wedge - Stiff AMT Black

Callaway PARADYM X 9.0 with Hazrdous X Black 6.0 Stiff Shaft

Fairway Woods:  Callaway Maverick 3W & RazrX Black 5W - Stiff Flex

Rescue:  Apex 4 (22 degree )- Recoil 75H stiff flex 

Wedges: Titleist SM8 - 54 (D Grind) wedge flex; SM8 58(M grind) wedge flex

Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom X5.5

Ball: Titleist ProV1

Handicap: 0

It’s a great day, Caddyshack just came on tv, I will be watching start to finish for about the 500th time!

How many golf movies have you see? What is your favorite one other than Caddyshack and Happy Gilmore?

I know all of you what Rodney says in this photo!

IMG_0542.jpeg

Edited by buckpillar

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

[email protected]

6 hours ago, GolfSpy AFG said:

Nice read, Hayes. Something for me to think about as I await the start of my Fit For Golf test.

Hadn't planned to do anything golf-wise today, but I just learned this afternoon that there is a PGA Tour Superstore here in Raleigh, so I will drop by there and hope to resist the temptation to spend any money. I will definitely spend money tomorrow, though; I have a tee time at The Cradle at Pinehurst, their barrel-of-fun par 3 course designed by Gil Hanse. $50 for the round, and if they aren't too overbooked, I can play again for free.

Obsessed with chasing the dimpled orb.

More about me:  WITB type stuff

Fit For Golf tester 2024

4 minutes ago, ILMgolfnut said:

Hadn't planned to do anything golf-wise today, but I just learned this afternoon that there is a PGA Tour Superstore here in Raleigh, so I will drop by there and hope to resist the temptation to spend any money. I will definitely spend money tomorrow, though; I have a tee time at The Cradle at Pinehurst, their barrel-of-fun par 3 course designed by Gil Hanse. $50 for the round, and if they aren't too overbooked, I can play again for free.

There is a global golf store there as well;  good opportunity to try and compare used equipment.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG