The Good Morning Thread

GolfSpy_APH

51 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

I just made it home from work and it is crazy how much I'm having to catch up on. I like it! For some strange reason, our ability to get good Internet service inside the plant has gone the way of the dodo bird and it's quite frustrating. 

@Josh Parker I'm just jealous of the deck. Honestly, it looks awesome and I know you'll make lots of memories there. 

@CFreddie happy anniversary! 

@GolfSpy_KFT I hope your oldest gets to feeling better. 

@Northern Monkey congratulations on the new personal best round! That's freaking awesome! 

@Wheelieb I hope you can find some answers to your ailments. 

@EnderinAZ I hope things went well for you today. 

@ILMgolfnut have fun today with @Tom the Golf Nut I've had the pleasure of playing a few rounds with him and he's a great player and fun to be around. Plus, he's a scholar and a gentleman. 

I've got a round scheduled tomorrow morning and it's going to be wet and sloppy after all the rain, but it's going to be a good time. 

@sirchunksalot Jason, have an "off topic" question, and if you don't want to reply here you can send me a message instead.

I know that the U.A.W. had a VW plant targeted to see if the employees would be interested in joining their ranks.

Was it your plant? Any idea on how the voting may have turned out? They tried previously and both other attempts had close voting, but majority ruled as no U.A.W. representation.

Just curious, as living and working here in the Motor City area, I have seen and experienced many events with the U.A.W. and the automotive companies, both good and not so good.

Driver & Fairway: :titleist-small: Titleist TSR3 10 degree - :Fuji: Ventus TR Blue & :titleist-small: TSR3 15 - :projectx: Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black 

Hybrid: :callaway-small: Callaway Apex UW 19 - :projectx: Hzrdus Smoke Black

Irons: :titleist-small: Titleist T200 3G (4) & T150 - (5-G) - :projectx: Project X LZ 

Wedges: :vokey-small: Vokey SM8 54, and 58

Putter: :cameron-small: Cameron Phantom X 7

Ball: :titleist-small: Pro V1 & :maxfli: Maxfli Tour

13 minutes ago, rkj427 said:

@sirchunksalot Jason, have an "off topic" question, and if you don't want to reply here you can send me a message instead.

I know that the U.A.W. had a VW plant targeted to see if the employees would be interested in joining their ranks.

Was it your plant? Any idea on how the voting may have turned out? They tried previously and both other attempts had close voting, but majority ruled as no U.A.W. representation.

Just curious, as living and working here in the Motor City area, I have seen and experienced many events with the U.A.W. and the automotive companies, both good and not so good.

The vote is taking place this week and ends tonight, we should know the results in the morning. My intuition is leading me to think they'll get in as we had about 55% sign cards to allow the workers to vote on it. 

I will say, in the three campaigns I've been part of i have seen and Heard both the good and bad. 

11 hours ago, ILMgolfnut said:

My issue is that the overhead garage door opener unit is hanging right in the middle, dangerously close to my swing path.

In my garage I removed it on the side I set the net up on .. was actually pretty easy. (Tip: tag the wires on both ends before disconnecting).

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

6 minutes ago, cksurfdude said:

In my garage I removed it on the side I set the net up on .. was actually pretty easy. (Tip: tag the wires on both ends before disconnecting).

My bugaboo is ceiling height--I max out at 3-hybrid.  3-wood and driver will knock my ceiling. =( good iron practice, I guess!

Founder, PutterCup (puttercupgolf.com)

3 hours ago, EnderinAZ said:

@sirchunksalot @jbern @William P @tdc1 Thanks for the well wishes.  The surgery was event free for which I am grateful. I should be able to start golfing in a week or so. 

@Steve F At least you HAVE a team. As of yesterday, the NHL approved the dissolving of the Arizona NHL hockey franchise and reforming it in Utah. 

That sucks, there is no other way to put it. But, bring on the second season! There is no better time to watch hockey than right now!!!! 

That's great news!!!  Cheers to a speedy recovery!

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.