The Good Morning Thread

GolfSpy_APH

6 minutes ago, ILMgolfnut said:

The congratulations go to my bank account. I'm playing both tournaments/courses for 90 pounds. Not sure if I would have played Struie absent a tournament, but to play Royal Dornoch, even as a club member with reciprocal privileges, is 140 pounds. Dornoch is about an hour drive from where I'm staying so I'll be hoping for not a super-early tee time; I think they did have something on the entry form where you could request early or late.

Price aside, that will be an amazing experience! Comparably, most iconic courses in the US go for triple that! (And more!)

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

27 minutes ago, ILMgolfnut said:

Good morning Spies. I awoke this morning to find two emails. I got in both tournaments at Royal Dornoch! One is a seniors-only stroke play for handicaps less than 24.0; the other is a Stableford event for all men with caps under 24. The seniors-only is the one on the championship course.

As somewhat expected, I'm paying for last night's workout a bit, particularly in the right shoulder after heavier-than-usual dumbbell presses. Hoping that over time the post-workout discomfort will subside as I get stronger, but for now... Let's just say I will have some issues getting through the airports on my flight home today.

Earlier this week I was listening to PGA Tour Radio while driving from Charlotte to Raleigh. Katrek and Maginnes were discussing tournament formats on Tour after the team event in New Orleans. They didn't mention one of my favorites, formerly played at The International outside Denver: Stableford. And now I'll be playing in at least two Stableford tournaments in Scotland (my own club has a Wednesday Stableford event while I'm there). But the Tour modified Stableford to punish players who made bogey or worse; in traditional Stableford, bogey is one point, double bogey is zero and anything over that you just pick up. I called to discuss that with them but was still on hold when the show ended.

Nice…