The Good Morning Thread

GolfSpy_APH

Just now, ILMgolfnut said:

Part, but not all. Take my round last October at the Old Course in St. Andrews. It goes without saying that the OC doesn't have many (or any) open slots on its daily tee sheets; a foursome every 10 minutes on an extremely challenging course, and some of those people in the foursomes are hacking it around like I was (well into three digits). Yet my foursome got around in four hours. We got to our balls, made a quick decision and hit. The only places I remember waiting on the tees were the two par 3s.

As you mentioned, in Scotland and other parts of the world, they've done a great job encouraging quicker pace of play. I was mostly talking about public courses in America. But yes, there are plenty of other factors causing these slowdowns than just stacked tee sheets

Current WITB:

Bag: image_2024-02-27_104948566.png.b92168231016d467eb3d016dba2075b9.png MV2 Golf Bag

Driver:  image.png G425 Max 9.0º,Fujikura-Smiths-golf-logo-effect(1)(1).png.6f8993e93c81265138ae9592b03a5dd9.pngVentus Blue Velocore 6S

Fairway: image.png.75de9ed8d611880163bbacfe51b6bf91.png TSR2 3 wood 15º,Fujikura-Smiths-golf-logo-effect(1)(1).png.6f8993e93c81265138ae9592b03a5dd9.pngVentus Red Velocore 7S

Driving Iron: image.png.75de9ed8d611880163bbacfe51b6bf91.png U505 2-iron, Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85S 

Irons: image.png.b5950bd367d637859d211fef578a14af.png MP-54 (4-P), Project X 6.0S

Wedges: TM23WDG-MG4-Stacked-Color-OnLight-v1-1024x410.png.ac724a75349db558663486b0cf600638.png 50.09 SB, 54.11 SB, 58.11 SB

Putter: image.png.2a889a80c6a733b582bbac9dbc3cecf2.png California Del Mar, 34.5 Sweet Rollz "Safari" Midsize Grip

Ball: image.png.52cb58764bddc9c00ba3060db6a87cc7.png Tour B XS

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, EnderinAZ said:

Good morning spies! Well the first round of golf after 6 weeks of golf purgatory is in the books. Didn't play badly, but didn't play great either. No score under 4 or over 6. I walked all 18 holes in 85 degree sunshine and was good and tired by 9:30 last night. I am torn between doing a good long ride this afternoon or heading to the range and practice area. Wind will be the determining factor. 

@Josh Parker Good read. I did the math a while ago. The guys who spend 45 seconds writing their scores down while sitting next to the green in their carts add 13 and a half minutes to a round of just waiting for the green area to clear for the group behind them. 

@skraeling Do you find the Arccos app is fast enough? I found it slow and clunky. I am old and use 2 hands to enter stuff in my phone. Putting scores into that app while walking behind my Zip Navigator trundling across the fairway always took 15 to 20 seconds. Multiply that by my normal score of 85 (15 * 85) / 60 = 21.25 or over 21 minutes a round of me fiddling with my phone. Where it takes me just a few seconds to add my score to a score card. The app captures my shots for later analysis. If you can get that app to respond and get your info into it good and fast more power to you. I could not, so gave it up. Shoot I don't even try to put scores in my gps watch. Again to much fiddling where I want to be golfing. 

The shot detection works well enough I usually just need to log tap in putts or if I pick up penalties etc.  it’s almost too sensitive and will occasionally pick up me setting a club down.

find it mostly useful to see wind direction and speed.  Plus when I had new clubs getting rough ranges for them.  

my phones relatively new so it runs quick for me.

Edited by skraeling

Stack Referral code

Driver - Sim2Max 10.5° (set at 9*) UST Helium shaft

3W - StealthHL 16.5°

3h - Sim2max 19°

irons - Sim2OS kbsmax85mt steel shafts reg flex 5i-Aw

wedgies - Jaws MD5 52°-10° (Bounce) S Grind

Jaws MD5 56°-12° (Bounce) W Grind

Putter - Mizuno OMOI Type II

VENTUS Velocore+ review

Final Sugar "Pure" Golf Balls Review

Just now, Jmikecpa said:

Trust me it was not my idea it was my wife and gym rat son’s idea. The way I look at it if it helps me build some strength and lose weight I am all in. I am currently at my college football weight which is not good for an almost 48 year old. One of the best parts of living at home is I was forced into going back to the gym and have been on the treadmill 4 days a week since end of November. I was informed that was Phase 1 and now we are onto Phase 2.

I'm considering literally walking on my treadmill with my golf bag on my shoulders, for the same reason and to add some golf-specific conditioning. There basically is no such thing as golf carts in most of Scotland, unless you have a doctor's note (that includes the Old Course; doctor's note required). And even then there aren't many; some courses only have like 2 or 3 "buggies". The only reason I don't is that every course I've seen has push carts, so there are non-caddie options to avoid carrying your clubs. I just realized I honestly don't remember whether I carried my clubs or used a push cart on the Old Course, which tells you something about my state of sleep deprivation that morning.

Last night I was looking online to see if there are any push carts that fold small enough to fit in my travel bag with my clubs. I think I found one, but for 5 or 6 pounds a round the rental isn't a big deal, and the added weight would probably cost me more than that with the airline.

Obsessed with chasing the dimpled orb.

More about me:  WITB type stuff

Fit For Golf tester 2024

2 hours ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

Why can't they schedule the aeration when it's a travel week for me? How inconsiderate 🤣. Just when Stella's getting her grove back. Now I won't be able to groove the putter for two weeks.  

Just in time for Kingsmill greens.  🤣  ... whatever they're like.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”