Unofficial Titleist TSR3 Driver Review By ZMendle10

ZMendle10

• 1 month later...

Hey guys! Trying to find help with this - is this normal or is my driver head broken….

if you take your driver head off and push the screw from the hosel up so it’s tight and blow into the part where the shaft goes does anyone else get our coming out the back where the slide weight is? 

• 4 months later...

A little update here. The TSR3 is still comfortably in the bag after a full season of use. It has not been smooth sailing though and has had its ups and downs but this was all due to me losing my driver swing for a short period of time and trying anything to fix it. I messed around with settings to toe weights to different shafts and lengths. Ultimately I would end up back to the UB7x with a hosel change to B1 which to me became a lesson in trusting your fitter and if it's not working after a good fit its the Indian not the arrow. 

However, out of my love for tinkering and knowing I have a solid setup in the bag I was able to find a HZRDUS Blue uncut with the blue PVD finish for a steal of $180 and treated myself for my birthday. This was not a random decision though and is a shaft that I have tested in the past and was almost fit into. I also was a big fan of the HZRDUS Smoke yellow so this less of a leap of faith and more of why the hell not with the goal of slightly lightening the swing weight to pick up a bit of speed and maybe some consistency. 

What prompted the change was that while on my best days the setup was perfect with plenty of control on a beautifully piercing trajectory providing both carry and rollout I felt I needed to be swinging fast to reach the full potential of the shaft and I didn't feel like I had control unless I was swinging at about 115mph on my PRGR. So far I am liking the change and will post an additional update with some photos and numbers but so far this gamble is paying off. 

Driver:  :titleist-small: TSR3 8°, set to A1, Graphite Design UB 7X 

3 Wood: :taylormade-small:SIM 3 Wood 15°, Aldila Rouge Silver 7X

3 Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 18°, Ventus Blue 8S

2 Utility: :srixon-small: ZX Utility, LA Golf Tour AXS Blue, (15th club)

4i-AW:  :srixon-small:ZX7, Tour Issue Dynamic Gold 120's S400

56°: :Sub70: TAIII, Dynamic Gold S400

60° :Sub70: TAIII, Dynamic Gold S400

Putter: :L.A.B.: Mezz1 Max

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour BX

Forum Reviews: 

:Sub70: Official Member Review Sub 70 TAIII Wedges

:Nippon: Official Member Review Zelos 7 Shaft Review

:vokey-small:Unofficial Vokey SM8 and Wedge & Wedge Works Review 

:srixon-small:Unofficial Srixon 2021 ZX7 Iron Review

:titleist-small: Unofficial TSR3 Review

• 2 months later...

Nice update!

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

Thanks. Just trying to get better involved. 😉

Driver - Mizuno ST-G 9° ProjectX HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 60 (Standard)

Fairway - Mizuno ST-Z 3 Wood ProjectX HZRDUS HZDRUS Smoke Black RDX 70 (+1/2")

Irons - Mizuno MP15/MPH5(3-5) combo KBS C-TAPER Tour 6.0 Xstiff (+1/2")

Wedges - Mizuno MP T5 50, 54, 58 KBS C-TAPER Tour 6.0 Xstiff (standard)

Putter - 34" Odyssey StrokeLab (black) Rossie w/odyssey oversized grip. (Standard weighting) 

2 hours ago, ZMendle10 said:

Update:

The HRZDUS RDX Blue has been working lovely as of late produced a fantastic high launch low spin ball flight. The misses with the RDX Blue were high and spinney while the misses with the UB7X were low and to the left. I could honestly play either shaft and be happy based off of this session but that's not always the whole story. 

image.png.e44e9b4cb4402824c52457c5d4ac4ea5.png

The reason the RDX was in the bag and was a success was because the lighter weight and slight counterbalancing just felt easier to deliver at slower speeds where as I really needed to be swinging fast (not hard) to get the most out of the UB7X.

Unfortunately it has worked too well and I have cracked the face of my TSR3 this past weekend. 

image.png.c18c499e4874d0174c911ca94ac2fdac.pngimage.png.fd31ce8948963f9ba0533f390b17fe15.png

I have reached out to Titleist about this issue and unfortunately for me Titleist only offers a 1 year warranty from the date of purchase which for me was either October or November of 2022. My only hope of having this replaced was if this issue is from a manufacturing issue and my TSR3 was doomed to fail from the beginning. This is what it looks like to me as that's a horizontal stress fracture but the only way I can get it covered is to send it to Titleist for it to be evaluated on their end. 

Well thats absolute garbage on Titleist part to only offer a year on their flagship driver from what 2022???  Your dispersion is fantastic as are your Dynamic loft and smash. I would think with those numbers your carry would be about 295 and that might be from that Crack. With your SS and perfect launch angle I would think 320 total distance would be right. So you literally would have to somehow get another head or go without your driver for God only knows how long to have Titleist look at it??? Clearly see it in a photo?? That's lame and very disappointing. I cracked a TM M2 playing glo ball and it was 2.5 yrs after I bought it and no questions asked they had the shop give me one and sent one to the shop to reimburse them.

WITB

Driver is PING G430 MAX 10K 9° W/VENTUS BLACK 44.5"  TOUR VELVET GRIP

3 WOOD TAYLORMADE M2 15° W/ADDI BB TOUR VELVET GRIP

IRONS PING G410 4 AND 5 IRON W/X100 

IRONS 6-9 PING I200 W/X100 

WEDGES TITLEIST VOKEY SM8 48° CHROME

VOKEY 52°  56° AND 60 ALL IN CHROME FINISH WITH DYNAMIC GOLD AND MCC+4 GRIPS

SCOTTY CAMERON TOUR RAT GSS 350G MATADOR GRIP

SUN MOUNTAIN C-130 CART BAG NIKON LASER 

TITLEIST PRO V 1

15 minutes ago, Marlin Dave said:

Well thats absolute garbage on Titleist part to only offer a year on their flagship driver from what 2022???  So you literally would have to somehow get another head or go without your driver for God only knows how long to have Titleist look at it??? Clearly see it in a photo?? That's lame and very disappointing. I cracked a TM M2 playing glo ball and it was 2.5 yrs after I bought it and no questions asked they had the shop give me one and sent one to the shop to reimburse them.

I'm not gonna disagree with you here especially seeing Taylormade and Callaway having 2 year warranties despite releasing new drivers each year but each company can prioritize things their own way. I also still haven't had the opportunity to send the photos but I am waiting on an email response from them So I haven't gone scorched earth on the company just yet.

I am still in the early stages of finding other options and in the meantime I have a Ping G410 LST waiting in the wings that is going to get reshafted with a HZRDUS Yellow 6TX that could be a suitable replacement. I will continue to update the replacement process here as time goes on as I think that's insanely valuable to members here. 

18 minutes ago, Marlin Dave said:

Your dispersion is fantastic as are your Dynamic loft and smash. I would think with those numbers your carry would be about 295 and that might be from that Crack. With your SS and perfect launch angle I would think 320 total distance would be right. 

Numbers wise that's pretty spot on and it slowly creeps up to the high 320's for total distance when I get the spin a bit lower to allow for more run out. But I really do love both shafts the RDX BLUE just was easier to square up and lower the spin due to strike point. I am hopeful that Titleist will resolve this issue though because I think it would be a really big shame if I don't get to play this setup again because if I have to replace the head I'm gonna try some new stuff because why not and its gonna have to earn its spot back in the bag.

Forum Reviews: 

I hope that Titleist will do the right thing here.  I believe they should given it seems to be a defect of some kind.

I love the TSR3. It’s a better driver for me than the TSi3.  I don’t have your swing sped but the GD Tor AD-Di 6S works wonders for me.

:titelist-small:  TSR 3   9.0  GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:titelist-small:  TSi 3  15.0 GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:ping-small: Utility 2 Iron 18.0 - Nippon NS Pro 650GH Stiff /  :titelist-small: TS3  21 Hybrid Tensei AV Blue 65 HY Stiff

:Takomo:  5 - 9 101T Irons - KBS Tour Lite Stiff - Official Tester 2023

:vokey-small: Vokey SM9 46 F - 10 BV105

:vokey-small: Vokey SM9 52 F - 12 Nippon NS Pro 950 Stiff

:vokey-small: Vokey Forged 56 M - 10  DG S200

:taylormade-small: MG3 60 - 12 - Nippon NS Modus3 Tour 105 Stiff

image.gif.2bc8a27613a423a3721fd3b955802132.gif  Scotty Special Select - Squareback 2 - 35”  / Super Stroke Slim 3.0

:srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

:titelist-small: Players 4 bag  image.png.939559f85230fe16347ecf2765438915.png    :redrooster:

:Arccos: Official Tester - 2021 & Current MCC Plus 4 Sensor / Club Sensor User

Really good numbers and a great write up. I’m really surprised to see the face failure.

The blanketed “1 year warranty” is their default so sending it in for evaluation may return a better outcome. It’s difficult to imagine they won’t make it right. 

Until then you’ve got a stellar backup driver. 

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

18 hours ago, KC Golf said:

I hope that Titleist will do the right thing here.  I believe they should given it seems to be a defect of some kind.

I love the TSR3. It’s a better driver for me than the TSi3.  I don’t have your swing sped but the GD Tor AD-Di 6S works wonders for me.

I think they will but its just a matter of how long it is going to take unfortunately. 

Forum Reviews: 

Driver head was dropped off at my local retailer a little while ago today. Nothing really left to do now but wait on some hopefully good news and starting getting acclimated to the G410 LST.

Estimated warranty lead time from speaking with Titleist is 3 weeks supposedly but I'm fully prepared for it to be at least a month and a half. 

Edited by ZMendle10

Forum Reviews: 

1 hour ago, ZMendle10 said:

Driver head was dropped off at my local retailer a little while ago today. Nothing really left to do now but wait on some hopefully good news and starting getting acclimated to the G410 LST.

Estimated warranty lead time from speaking with Titleist is 3 weeks supposedly but I'm fully prepared for it to be at least a month and a half. 

You will without question HATE the sound but I'm sure you will enjoy the results. Titleist in my opinion has always made beautiful sounding drivers. I found them to never be anywhere close to the distance of other makers but they always looked great and sounded sweet. As of a couple years ago when they came out with the TS line they are now at the top of the heap in all depts (minus the warranty it seems) but hearing the Ping when used to a Titleist will be tough but PING FINALLY listened and they nailed all the boxes with G430 MAX 10K

WITB

TITLEIST PRO V 1

39 minutes ago, Marlin Dave said:

You will without question HATE the sound but I'm sure you will enjoy the results. Titleist in my opinion has always made beautiful sounding drivers. I found them to never be anywhere close to the distance of other makers but they always looked great and sounded sweet. As of a couple years ago when they came out with the TS line they are now at the top of the heap in all depts (minus the warranty it seems) but hearing the Ping when used to a Titleist will be tough but PING FINALLY listened and they nailed all the boxes with G430 MAX 10K

I've been hitting the Ping for about a week and I don't really get to bothered by the sound or feel of it. To me any contact with the driver that isn't middled or close to middled doesn't feel that great so I don't put too much stock in sound and feel with the driver. That being said I 100% agree that when the TSR3 was struck out the middle it was the best sounding and feeling driver I have ever hit. 

Interestingly enough I'm finding that the Ping severely is lacking on ball speed where as the best strikes have a smash factor on Trackman of 1.46 and it's nearly impossible to get higher than that. So hopefully my TSR3 is covered, replaced, and back in my bag soon where it rightfully belongs. 

Forum Reviews: 

With my meager 75 mph swing speed, I had two Ping drivers (Ping G and G400 SFT) crack in the same place on the hostel.  I believe Ping's warrantee is within two generations of drivers (roughly two years).  When the G broke, it was out of warrantee. So Ping offered me the latest G400 SFT at a discounted price as a replacement.  When that driver cracked, the G430 was not out yet, so they replaced it for free with their latest driver.  At the time it was the G425.  However, by the time I got fitted the G430 was released and all the G425 drivers were returned.   So, Ping sent me a new G430 Max.  

With all the golf equipment companies out there competing for our business, customer service should be one of the top decision criteria we use our selection process.

Overall, I've found Ping offers excellent customer service!

Edited by Golf2Much
Ping G430 Max driver 10.5 degrees with an Alta Quick45 gram senior shaft
Callaway Epic 3 wood, Project X Evenflow Green 45 gram senior shaft  
Callaway GBB Epic Heavenwood, with a Mitsubishi Diamana 50 gram senior shaft
Ping G 20.5 degree 7 wood, with a stock Alta 65 gram senior shaft
Ping G 26 degree hybrid, stock Alta 65 gram senior shaft
Callaway Paradym X irons, 7-AW with Aldila Ascent Blue 50 graphite shafts
Edison wedges:  50, 55 and 60 degree, KBS Tour Graphite A flex shafts
Putters:  L.A.B. Direct Force 2.1 putter, 34.5" long, 67 degrees lie

2022 MGS Tester:  Shot Scope Pro XL+ with H4  

4 hours ago, ZMendle10 said:

I've been hitting the Ping for about a week and I don't really get to bothered by the sound or feel of it. To me any contact with the driver that isn't middled or close to middled doesn't feel that great so I don't put too much stock in sound and feel with the driver. That being said I 100% agree that when the TSR3 was struck out the middle it was the best sounding and feeling driver I have ever hit. 

Interestingly enough I'm finding that the Ping severely is lacking on ball speed where as the best strikes have a smash factor on Trackman of 1.46 and it's nearly impossible to get higher than that. So hopefully my TSR3 is covered, replaced, and back in my bag soon where it rightfully belongs. 

Didn't want to say much and offend anyone but the G410 was not a great offering from them and they did better with the G425 and killed it with the G430 MAX 10K  I Use the G410 4,5 and 6 iron and they are decent but didn't like the driver

WITB

TITLEIST PRO V 1

On 5/17/2023 at 8:26 PM, ZMendle10 said:

Intro 

As it stands I am currently a 12 handicap and the best way to describe my game is the ball striking of a 5 handicap, the short game of 20 handicap, and the decision making of 10. With my short game being the biggest killer I have yet to break 80 with my best being an 82. I have had opportunities but missed it solely through 3 putts (ex 83 with 4 3-putts). By now you're probably saying to yourselves if you have the ball striking of a 5 HC and putting 20HC why wouldn’t you do a putter review? The reason being I like my putter but never practiced so you get out what you put in and I wanted to just try what’s out there. 

I live in somerset county NJ and as such I play a good amount of my golf at the somerset county courses with Green Knoll being my closest and home course. I played a lot of casual golf with the occasional tournament round to test my mental focus and give my competitive side a chance to come out.T

My previous driver was a 2021 Mizuno STZ with a Tensie 1K white 6TX and while I really liked it I felt like It was a bit too high and spiny which for my game I don't need much help with but, it was a fairway finder and what my game needed at the time. I was looking for something that doesn’t overspin on the misses as much and is very good in the wind with a bit more rollout. I was really intrigued by this year’s driver release schedule and was planning on getting a new one in February after everything has hit the shelves. However I was super intrigued by the TSR lineup and since there was a free demo day at Heron Glenn in September I figured why not get a head start. 

STZ DTL.mov 2.68 MB · 6 downloads

The Fitting

I told my fitter Kevin if all I see is a low fade with the driver I will be more than happy. I wish I could say everything that I tried but I did my best to stay in the dark. After going through a ton of combinations we had it dialed down to either a Ventus Black 6X or Graphite Design UB7X but I still didn’t know the clubhead yet. At the end of it all I was fit into the UB 7X in a Titleist TSR3 8* head, C2 hosel setting, and STD weight in T2. Since we were hitting range balls I was only concerned with contact and how the flight looked. We did drop a few Pro V1x’s at the end just to make sure and then we were on our way. 

I didn’t pull the trigger right away though. I hemmed and hawed a bit, got engaged a month later, and then early November realized why look for something that’s not gonna get much better if at all. So i pulled the trigger and on November 4th I received my new driver.

IMG_5439.PNG.b862e639efbaeacf4fa9167763b4d800.PNGIMG_5440.PNG.bbf57f7a0dd7bebc82f8ac51829cc011.PNG  

First Impressions

Opening the box this club was packaged just fine. Nothing fancy but when shaking the box there was no reason for concern. I thought that it was assembled incorrectly for a second but upon further reviewing my order form that’s on me since i ordered it wrong. This is more for the hosel settings though and something I should have paid more attention to. Once out of the box with my grip of choice installed I set this thing down on the ground and it lives up to the hype. It is as classic looking as you can get and just beautiful to look down at with that gloss crown and TSR alignment aide. For a 460cc head it looks smaller than most driver heads the same size but that suits my eye very much. I put it down next to my STZ and my STZ looks like an absolute spaceship compared to it. 

IMG_4669.jpg.93caf2ce091e12fae8ee54584eabf16d.jpgIMG_4671.jpg.c95261f6db46a49c1234c9ad2b1acd56.jpgIMG_4670.jpg.4f41ed2758381ae5e97c0c8b5083c771.jpg

First Swings:

I took it to the indoor simulators and was immediately seeing the same numbers I was fit into. Just a super low peely cut that was averaging about 85ft in the air which is what I was hoping for. The STZ i had to fight to keep it at 100ft in the air and the TSR3 was the opposite and a much desirable change. Speed was up and so was ballspeed but this could have been due to the 1/2in longer shaft than my STZ. Overall I was immensely impressed and I couldn't wait to get on the course with it. 

IMG_4731.jpg.173db14c2b6a9c4f99afc76ff5fd0985.jpgIMG_4733.jpg.f92297456a77836b9720c358265958e9.jpgIMG_4732.jpg.51e337d1b781bcb6ed2c4f1967e16f5a.jpg

First On Course Round:

The first time the driver was on the course was at Farmstead Golf and Country Club in Newton, NJ. I immediately was seeing the distance gains that come with the quicker club head speed even with the misses. Overcutting the ball previously was averaging about 265 yds at best and that day my misses were about 285yds with the same miss and strike. I had several drives over 300 yds and even a 320 yds poke to which I promptly went long on the wedge shot (classic).

IMG_5448.PNG.cf25e9904d661841cbf7d6e43250da5a.PNGIMG_5422.jpg.5de1218ab0650f009bfbc72fd50ddd9d.jpg

Overall I am incredibly impressed with the driver at first glance. It performed exactly as what I was fit into and it looks, feels, and sounds perfect in every way.

Looks: 13 out of 15

Plain and simple this driver looks perfect from the top. There is not a single knock on it for me and I love how compact it looks for a 460cc head,  is taller, sits insanely neutral, and is so clean from the top view. Because of the weight track on the bottom it could be argued as a bit busy but that is solely because of the weight track. I have no issues with this at all and this is unavoidable with the weight track and I’m sure the people at Titleist who are much smarter than I will figure out a way to make it sleeker next iteration but I really have no complaints about it

IMG_5432.jpg.9bd19a22c82d51ead6ceef3aa6f005b8.jpgIMG_5436.jpg.fc348bfa2025f302bef7608f2bf6cd31.jpgIMG_5428.jpg.b2242617a754d4ec77e74ac2874ecf7b.jpg

Sound and Feel: 15 out of 15

The driver just feels powerful and firm. It matches up fantastic with a firmer golf ball well and when you hit one out the middle you know and you could predict the flight and shape with your eyes closed. Mizuno may pride themselves on the best feeling irons and hope it bleeds into the driver but the TSR3 does it with no issues and blows mizuno out of the water. Nothing to complain about or have any notes of improvement on this front. 

On Course Performance: 30 out of 40

The TSR3 straight up performs on the course but it comes with the caveat of you get out what you put in. The best comparison that I could liken it too would be like your favorite set of players' distance irons. You get ball speed with a fantastic flight and a good amount of forgiveness but you still have to put in the work to get the most out of it. I have had the driver in the bag for the past 7 months and it is the first driver that I feel like I have a good amount of control over. The flight never gets too high or overspins and it is a pleasure to watch well struck shots. I enjoy the additional length of going from 45in to 45.5in as it gives more clubhead speed and thus more ball speed while the 7X rather than 6X allows me to still feel in control  due to being able to feel the clubhead. I have seen some of my longest drives with this club as well as reach some of my highest ball and clubhead speeds on Trackman. The reason for the detraction of points is that it could be a bit more forgiving of a driver at times. I don’t need to have my best stuff to have a good driving day but on my off days and especially my bad days the driver can be tough to get under control at times.

IMG_5453.PNG.7eacec65c5516053a17f66067265c265.PNGIMG_5422.jpg.5de1218ab0650f009bfbc72fd50ddd9d.jpgIMG_5452.PNG.4646b9b02fa98f8d19f068be53441f31.PNGIMG_5421.jpg.3db1955bcb8ae6b55a400599c19836dd.jpg

Miscellaneous: 10 out of 10

The things that I looked at here are the Titleist customer support and the build itself of the driver. Before pulling the trigger I spoke with the Titleist chat on their website about whether I should go 7X or 6TX with the shaft. They were very patient and helped explain the differences and guided me towards the right decision of 7X. The driver was also built correctly to spec after looking over the sheet that was included in the order and I do love the fact that the grip can be included without being installed. I like to use Pure grips but I hate the idea of having to cut off a brand new grip to put mine on.

Play it or Trade it?: 18 out of 20

Play it 100%. The looks, sound, and feel are all perfect. The ball flight is low and penetrating, but can still get high with low spin and is just all around a great driver. The extra length makes it a bit more unforgiving than the STZ but it still is well worth the change over. The okay days are as good as the great days with the STZ and the great days just blow the STZ out of the water. Overall the TSR3 has the ability to do things with ease that the STZ has an uphill battle to accomplish.

UB 7X Face On.mov 2.7 MB · 0 downloads

IMG_5442.PNG.95613ff23988e365adc7c0c6103873a7.PNGIMG_5441.PNG.460181a240efa2abcacf79d6e94a6e66.PNG

Really enjoyed your review and updates ... very realistic take.  Also found your description of your handicap super-relatable, as I was the same for a few years ... the closer I got to the hole the worse golfer I became. And, the long game was the whole reason I enjoyed golf ... just let me hit it far. 🙂 

I've gotten better at putting and chipping with some technique, practice, and mindset changes.  I was around 10-13 handicap for about 4 years and have dropped down to 5 or 6 over this past year.  

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus, :Fuji: Ventus TR Black Velocore 6X.
3W: :taylormade-small: Sim Max, :accra: FX 2.0 200 M3.
3I-PW: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Pro, :Fuji: Axiom Velocore 105 X.
Wedges: 47*, 51*, 55*, 59*: Edison Forged Wedges, Mitsubishi MMT 125g TX.
Putter: :L.A.B.:  DF 2.1
Current Ball:  2022 Chromesoft X as recommended for me by :ping-small: Ballnamic system (highly recommended).
Previous Balls:  Z-Star Divide, Pro V1, Maxfli Tour, TM TP5 Pix, Pro V1x, Vice Pro Soft, Cut Blue ... (See Why!)
Accessories: Shoes: Asics Gel-Kayano Ace (Greatest golf shoes on the planet). Watch: Garmin Approach S60. Glove: Kirkland Signature.  Bag: MNML. 
Cart: Foresight Sports ForeCaddy Smart Cart (Unofficial Review).
Previous MGS Tester for: Kid Caddie

On 2/23/2024 at 11:01 PM, vamosjackets said:

Really enjoyed your review and updates ... very realistic take.  Also found your description of your handicap super-relatable, as I was the same for a few years ... the closer I got to the hole the worse golfer I became. And, the long game was the whole reason I enjoyed golf ... just let me hit it far. 🙂 

I've gotten better at putting and chipping with some technique, practice, and mindset changes.  I was around 10-13 handicap for about 4 years and have dropped down to 5 or 6 over this past year.  

I appreciate the compliment on my review and was glad the handicap breakdown was relatable. All too many times I play with someone new and they say there's no way that I'm a 12 and the amount of times I've been called a sandbagger is far to many to get worked up over. I have just learned to play my game and that 's how I get the most enjoyment out of it is by hitting the ball really hard and hitting some nice iron shots. 

Short game is what I have been shifting a lot of my practice to as of late and have found great success in improvement. I've found using the same motion and just changing clubs to let the loft do the work has been the biggest improvement and easiest to practice. 

Forum Reviews: 

On 2/23/2024 at 8:04 PM, Marlin Dave said:

Didn't want to say much and offend anyone but the G410 was not a great offering from them and they did better with the G425 and killed it with the G430 MAX 10K  I Use the G410 4,5 and 6 iron and they are decent but didn't like the driver

I'm not gonna disagree with you here and I think that Ping themselves would admit that G400-G410 was only a slight improvement if anything and not a huge leap forward. the G425 and G430 I think they seem to have fixed the ball speed issue that I am currently having but hey it's a backup driver so as long as I can hit it well and keep it in play I don't need much more from it. 

Forum Reviews: 

Also special shoutout to @Marlin Dave and @GolfSpy_KFT for the additional solutions to my predicament. Love the support that this community has for one another.

Forum Reviews: 

I'm not gonna disagree with you here and I think that Ping themselves would admit that G400-G410 was only a slight improvement if anything and not a huge leap forward. the G425 and G430 I think they seem to have fixed the ball speed issue that I am currently having but hey it's a backup driver so as long as I can hit it well and keep it in play I don't need much more from it. 

I have been hitting the PING drivers since G400 which was leaps and bounds better than G and G30 but then it stalled in my opinion with G410 and G425 I saw almost no improvement and actually some of my spin got worse but then they made the G430 10k and wow its the real deal, Ball speed, spin and in my opinion something that they have ignored for years was the hideous sound they made. This new driver sounds like pure power without the broken glass sound they were famous for. To me there is no better feeling/sounding driver than a Titleist but now PING is right there and with the forgiveness I've not found with other clubs. I have a graphic on my SIM that shows 10 heel strikes 10 center hits and 10 toe strikes either high or low and the spin goes up an avg of only 50 revs on Toe and 2yds offline and 40 revs heel and 3 yds offline. I couldn't come close to that with any other offeriing

WITB

TITLEIST PRO V 1

Also special shoutout to @Marlin Dave and @GolfSpy_KFT for the additional solutions to my predicament. Love the support that this community has for one another.

It's been a very enjoyable forum to be a part of and to realize there are other guys like me who really love this game and the variables it brings into play!!!

WITB

TITLEIST PRO V 1

• 2 weeks later...

Update:

Driver head was delievered to Dicks yesterday and was also picked up. In total I was without the driver head for about 2 weeks which is really quick considering there was shipping both ways.

image.png.d18076658e8993a0b2b12e0125c94bc3.pngimage.png.13c002b4e3cee562a62727f91ce6d098.png

Titleist seems to have went the full replacement route and the specs are bang on the money. Head weight was almost exactly the same at 196g with the plastic and it is in perfect condition. 

image.png.364e89f17b1bbd9afbaba730cff83546.png

Now all that's left to do is a screw it back onto a shaft, spec it out, and give it a go.

image.png.a7e8583d76b4c256a8216c35709751ff.pngimage.png.e861abf724f766e7f710d5c8ac4fafb1.png

Forum Reviews: 

46 minutes ago, ZMendle10 said:

Update:

Driver head was delievered to Dicks yesterday and was also picked up. In total I was without the driver head for about 2 weeks which is really quick considering there was shipping both ways.

image.png.d18076658e8993a0b2b12e0125c94bc3.pngimage.png.13c002b4e3cee562a62727f91ce6d098.png

Titleist seems to have went the full replacement route and the specs are bang on the money. Head weight was almost exactly the same at 196g with the plastic and it is in perfect condition. 

Now all that's left to do is a screw it back onto a shaft, spec it out, and give it a go.

image.png.a7e8583d76b4c256a8216c35709751ff.pngimage.png.e861abf724f766e7f710d5c8ac4fafb1.png

Glad they replaced it for you!

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

2 hours ago, ZMendle10 said:

Update:

Great to see you got it replaced!

Driver: :titleist-small: TSi3 9* Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

Fairways: :cobra-small: Aerojet Max 3W & 7W MCA Kai'Li White 60 Stiff

Hybrid: :cobra-small: King TEC 3H MCA MMT 85g Stiff

Irons: :cobra-small: Aerojet 6-GW KBS $-taper Lite Stiff

Wedges: :cobra-small: Snakebite Black 52/56/60 Hi-Rev 2.0 Black Stiff

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2.0

Ball: :maxfli: Tour X :titleist-small: ProV1x

#LeftyGang

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge (link here)

Unofficial FootJoy Hyperflex BOA 2023 Review

Unofficial Flightscope Mevo Review

On 3/9/2024 at 10:56 AM, GolfSpy_KFT said:

Great to see you got it replaced!

On 3/9/2024 at 9:16 AM, Josh Parker said:

Glad they replaced it for you!

It is very happy to be back in the bag as well.

Forum Reviews: 

• 5 weeks later...

Ferrule of the adapter cracked on me recently and I'm not sure if its because of me, the install, or an aftermarket adapter. Fortunately I have seen zero issues in this perfecting performance but I am starting to think that maybe I'm the problem here.

image.png.832db2874e1b76029c03a1ce70a8d29f.png

Forum Reviews: