Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Shot Scope vs Arccos

BKervin

I use Shot Scope.  A couple summers back I was selected to test the V3 here and liked it a ton.  I've never used Arccos but I'm not a fan of subscription models so I don't have much for you in the way of comparison.

I liked the V3 so much that when they came out with the X5 (and a discount for then-current users) I jumped on it.  Most of us that frequent the ShotScope sub-thread here are overall a little lukewarm regarding the X5, but for me personally I think its mostly just new release buggyness (I don't usually buy new-release electronics).

When I tested the V3 I had just started playing golf that year.  What I loved at the time was getting some objective data; club distances, where my drives were going, etc.  What I really like now is being able to glance at my wrist for distances to the green and lots of stats which are broken down pretty well.  Again, the single purchase and no subscription is a big plus.  A negative for me is that I sometimes get a little too obsessive over the stats.  If I miss the fairway by inches, it irks me that my FIR percentage takes a hit.  It shouldn't bother me but I can let it do so. 

Cobra Aerojet Max driver

Cobra Aerojet Max 3 wood and 7 wood

Cobra Aerojet 4/5/6 hybrids

Cobra Aerojet 7-PW, GW

Cobra Snakebite 52° and 58° wedges

Cobra King Stingray 20 putter

If you can get your hands on Gen 2 Arccos sensors, you do not need to use the subscription service. I’m not sure how easy they are to find, though. I have used Arccos for one practice round so far and really liked it. You do have to add in penalty strokes but I found that to be simple. Biggest thing for me to remember is setting the pin location for putting. I also have Apple Watch so it integrates with that and I do not need to carry my phone. You can see distance to the front, middle and back of the green. For early impressions, it seems like something I am going to like. 

Driver: :titleist-small: TSi3 9* Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

Fairways: :cobra-small: Aerojet Max 3W & 7W MCA Kai'Li White 60 Stiff

Hybrid: :cobra-small: King TEC 3H MCA MMT 85g Stiff

Irons: :cobra-small: Aerojet 6-GW KBS $-taper Lite Stiff

Wedges: :cobra-small: Snakebite Black 52/56/60 Hi-Rev 2.0 Black Stiff

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2.0

Ball: :maxfli: Tour X :titleist-small: ProV1x

#LeftyGang

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge (link here)

Unofficial FootJoy Hyperflex BOA 2023 Review

Unofficial Flightscope Mevo Review

24 minutes ago, Jnoble89 said:

If you can get your hands on Gen 2 Arccos sensors, you do not need to use the subscription service. I’m not sure how easy they are to find, though. I have used Arccos for one practice round so far and really liked it. You do have to add in penalty strokes but I found that to be simple. Biggest thing for me to remember is setting the pin location for putting. I also have Apple Watch so it integrates with that and I do not need to carry my phone. You can see distance to the front, middle and back of the green. For early impressions, it seems like something I am going to like. 

Is that true? Someone told me any new accounts automatically go to subscription regardless of sensor version - I’ve been meaning to test that theory but did not get around to that yet 

Titleist T300 (2022) 5-PW, W48, W53 plus Taylormade Full Face 56 SW 

Current  driver Titleist TSi3

Hybrids Titleist 818 19 H2 23 H2

Gamer Putter Nike Method Matters B1-07

Ball Titleist Tour Speed / Taylormade Tour Response

Bag is Titleist Linksmaster 

Pushcart is Kaddey

Rangefinder is Voice Caddie SL2

Shotscope club tags 

53 minutes ago, golferguy2727 said:

Is that true? Someone told me any new accounts automatically go to subscription regardless of sensor version - I’ve been meaning to test that theory but did not get around to that yet 

That could be. I created an account with gen 2 sensors and it did make me do the free trial. It says on their website gen 2 should not need it. I’ll be working on it to get an answer and will update here as I go

Driver: :titleist-small: TSi3 9* Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

Fairways: :cobra-small: Aerojet Max 3W & 7W MCA Kai'Li White 60 Stiff

Hybrid: :cobra-small: King TEC 3H MCA MMT 85g Stiff

Irons: :cobra-small: Aerojet 6-GW KBS $-taper Lite Stiff

Wedges: :cobra-small: Snakebite Black 52/56/60 Hi-Rev 2.0 Black Stiff

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2.0

Ball: :maxfli: Tour X :titleist-small: ProV1x

#LeftyGang

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge (link here)

Unofficial FootJoy Hyperflex BOA 2023 Review

Unofficial Flightscope Mevo Review

I tried Arccos and really disliked it.  It was just too inconsistent in picking up the shots.  It was particularly useless for Puts.  I just had to spend too much time on the course trying to correct the data.  Have not tried the Shot Scope, yet.  But it uses RFID club sensors that should be completely reliable... as long as you remember to register the club prior to your shot. 

• Driver: Ping G410
  • Hybrids & Fairway Woods: Ping G410
  • Irons: TaylorMade Sim2 Max
  • Wedges: Cleveland Smart Sole
  • Putter: Toulon Design Daytona
  • Ball: TaylorMade Tour Response
  • GPS:  Golf Pad with NFC Sensors

So I’ve recently upgraded to Shotscope x5 watch after using v3 and Arccos prior to that. X5 hasn’t been a good experience , but maybe this is because V3 was so very good for me. But out of curiosity I used Arccos for the first time in a year. Bought the Arccos link v2 to experiment and it was so much better than I remember - great (perfect?) shot acquisition success and typically good Arccos data. I did find the link v2 pin position marking to be somewhat unreliable but post round edits were all about putting, just like Shotscope. So my current ranking for usability is 1) Shotscope v3 2) Arccos with link v2 and distant 3) is Shotscope x5. I was able to use some of my older Gen 2 Arccos sensors so it was free, but the Arccos data presentation is really still better than Shotscope in my point of view.

if you are looking to improve your game, I strongly believe shot tracking is a very good way to know the truth, especially as you accumulate more and more data.

Titleist T300 (2022) 5-PW, W48, W53 plus Taylormade Full Face 56 SW 

Current  driver Titleist TSi3

Hybrids Titleist 818 19 H2 23 H2

Gamer Putter Nike Method Matters B1-07

Ball Titleist Tour Speed / Taylormade Tour Response

Bag is Titleist Linksmaster 

Pushcart is Kaddey

Rangefinder is Voice Caddie SL2

Shotscope club tags 

I started out with ARRCOS for both myself and my wife, I used a phone in my pocket (which I hated)to capture data while she used the LINK. The first LINK was a disaster so ARRCOS sent her the new LINK (LINK 2?). The latter worked better for her but still was intermittent in data acquisition. The end result was way too much editing using both the phone and LINK2. The high level of editing and subscription program moved us away from ARRCOS , especially since we would have to have 2 different subscriptions. We purchased two V3's in 2021 and except for several minor issues we have been very pleased. Overall there was very little editing after the round and Shotscope was very responsive for when we had either technical or course issues. Her V3 did crash at one point-  we could not get the app to recognize V3, however, Shotscope sent her a replacement watch. 

Fast forward to 2023, Shotscope had a special discount program for the X5  - V3 users received a discount of approx. $100 off. We ended up buying 2 to replace the V3's (which we still have BTW). To say the launch left a lot to be desired was an understatement. The X5 crashed intermittently, data acquisition was random - and at one point we reverted back to the V3's (re: lots of frustration). The latest firmware update seems to have fixed the issues. If I have an edit now it's because of operator error vs. the X5. The battery life using the GPS/Tracking uses slightly more than 50% for 18 holes.  Overall we're pleased and will continue to stay with Shotscope. However, there are very satisfied ARRCOS users, we're  just not in their camp. Guess it's kinda like Android vs. iPhone - very satisfied users on both sides and for different reasons (FYI we iPhone users 🙂). 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

A couple of years ago I was a tester for Arccos.  After the review I kept it until the annual subscription expired, and I did not renew. I felt the annual subscription price too high for all the missed shots, etc.  At that time I switched to ShotScope. At first there were some issues, but was resolved when ShotScope sent me a new V3 to replace the original one.  Currently I am not experiencing any issues and there is no annual subscription cost to deal with.

• Bag             1590477705_SunMountain.png.3391233ea391e8b6fde951d09bc76f6b.png  C130, 14 way Cart Bag
  • Driver         Titleist2.png.8b09d3ee0000870a77d83dce357a0efd.png      TSR1
  • Fairway      default_callaway-small.jpg.aef84328349c576af498d3d5dca1addb.jpg               GBB Epic 5
  • Hybrid        default_callaway-small.jpg.aef84328349c576af498d3d5dca1addb.jpg               Epic Flash 4H
  • Iron             lazarus.png.24092c99689747a2f7bd9cb786badde7.png              2 iron
  • Irons          635785482_Cleveland3.png.bafd9f7d003e9f8afcafc6c28e307467.png      Launcher HB, 4 through PW
  • Wedges     635785482_Cleveland3.png.bafd9f7d003e9f8afcafc6c28e307467.png      CBX2, 54 & 60 degree
  • Putter        Seemore3.jpg.1cb64ec83d2511c1ee1a386340a04d4e.jpg    Seemore Si1 Putter
  • Ball            Titleist2.png.8b09d3ee0000870a77d83dce357a0efd.png       Titleist pro v1x
  • Other        2000014788_ArccosSig.jpg.af5434230b907b708eb89aebd4125f95.jpg

I was a 2021 Tester for Arccos.  At the time I was disappointed with some missed shots but I generally liked it.

The new Apple Watch based Arccos with the sensors in the grips is great.  The 2023 Apple Watch update has made this almost seamless and the old Link is now a paper weight for me. 

A little frustrating since I got a Link and then bought the upgraded version of the Link last year which was better but not as good as the current Apple Watch.

I think the new Arccos post round data with SG, other detailed stats and solid putting data is fantastic.  I am really liking the system now more than in 2021.

I think Arccos is a great system now.  

One downside I will point out is that the sensors add weight to the butt of your club, so you have to adjust your swing weights, in particular to your driver, FW, etc.  But I think it’s worth it.

:titelist-small:  TSR 3   9.0  GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:titelist-small:  TSi 3  15.0 GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:titelist-small: TS3  21 Hybrid Tensei AV Blue 65 HY Stiff

:titelist-small: U-510 19 Utility Iron HZDUS Smoke Black 6.0 Stiff

:Takomo:  5-PW 101T Irons - KBS Tour Lite Stiff - Official Tester 2023

:vokey-small: Vokey SM9 52 F - 12 Nippon NS Pro 950 Stiff

:vokey-small: Vokey Forged 56 M - 10  DG S200

:taylormade-small: MG3 60 - 12 NS Modus3 Tour 105 Stiff

image.gif.2bc8a27613a423a3721fd3b955802132.gif  Scotty Special Select - Squareback 2 - 35”  / Super Stroke Slim 3.0

:srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

:titelist-small: Players 4 bag  image.png.939559f85230fe16347ecf2765438915.png    :redrooster:

:Arccos: Official Tester - 2021 & Loyal MCC Plus 4 Sensor User

All I can say for certain is if I go back to a shot tracking system it will be shot scope. 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

I used Shot Scope for two years and was not satisfied with it at all.  The watch band would come off during swings and tracking putts was not good.  Unless you verified how many putts it took the distance was WAY OFF!  Got Arccos for free when I had a set of PING irons.  Upgraded to the pocket sensor and it works incredible!  Can't say enough good things about the system.  Only complaint is if I use my Apple watch as the sensor my watch can only make 16 holes.  That's because my watch is an older version, so that is my fault, not the systems.  What's great is I can use my watch, the pocket sensor or my phone to record my rounds.  The "shots gained" readouts  are awesome and very understated on how much you can learn from the assessments.

As with anything, everyone can find good or bad in any system.  I made the decision of trying the Arccos after my disappointment with Shot Scope after reading the reviews.  Then you either move in a different direction or give something a try.  Me personally.....I am very happy with the Arccos system!

Ken "Cruise" Mancini

I have been using arccos for 3 years now....actually looking to switch to shot scope.....I am tired of carrying my phone in my pocket, and they keep increasing the subscription fee (my first year was $99, then $120, now $155!!!) I have the LINK, and it is complete garbage. It misses the vast majority of my shots, if it even stays connected to my iPhone......not even going to try the V2..........I love all the stats and the app, but if there is something similar for a 1 time fee, then totally want to give that a shot!!!

Driver:   :callaway-logo-1:Rouge ST MAX LS, 10.5, stiff

:taylormade-small: BRNR MiniDriver, S-Flex

Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Rouge ST MAX 3 wood, stiff

Fairway:  :callaway-logo-1:Rouge ST MAX 3 hybrid, S-flex

Irons:   New Level 902 OS, 5-PW, S-Flex

Wedges: :taylormade-small: hi-toe 50, 54, 58,  DG S300 S-flex

Putter:  :EVNROLL: Zero

Ball: Srixon Q Star Tour/Z Star

Grips:  Golf Pride Z Grip midsize

My V3 seems to work just fine some of info you know yourself is not a fact like when I says you hit a 275yd drive and ya know that’s impossible. Overall it’s great for front middle back yardages it fun to look at the stats but my biggest problem is I forget to record a few putts at the hole when done, then the website is very clumsy to try and go back to add or deduct something later. Still use my skycaddie watch but only for a few more years don’t think I’ll renew that subscription it’s getting costly. Overall the V3 works very well but honestly I still depend on my bushnell yardage laser for distance to the pin.

Edited by Koolken53

Well I have been a user of both services. I had Arccos when they used to give a 1 year free trial with certain irons and I had received that with my Cobra.

Overall the experience was decent but it was a pain when I needed to get new grips.

And briefly tried the screw-in sensors but found them a little bit large and bulky. I also did light past to deal with the fact the batteries would die.

I also was not a fan of having to keep my phone in a certain pocket and sometimes shots would not get picked up. Of course the biggest issue was the fact that there was a rather expensive annual subscription as well.

I moved on to the shotscope v3 which I used for a couple of years and while I had a few little issues with it here and there it mostly worked quite well and generally was happy with it. Customer service was fantastic. And I did see an improvement in my golf game.

The X5 version came out and I took advantage of the $100 discount offer for existing users.

The initial experience for the first month of ownership of the watch was kind of disappointing. There were a number of different glitches.

I have now been using it for 6 rounds on the latest firmware and it is been nearly flawless. I have almost never had to add any shots after the round to the editing. And most editing has been more due to the limits of GPS accuracy when it comes to the putting green.

Customer service has been great and they are constantly striving to improve their product. They have some future additions planned for the watch as well including a hole flyover.

They added strokes gained feature over a year ago and that has been a very helpful feature when being able to compare my game to one of different handicap levels from Pro to scratch to five etc.

I would have no plans going back to Arccos unless they change their business model. I will stick with shot scope until perhaps there is some technology that can be integrated directly into my everyday smartwatch.

I I'm aware that if you have an Apple watch you can use it with the Arccos system however you are then suffering significant battery reduction and will not make it through 24 hours before having to recharge your watch.

Sent from my SM-S918W using Tapatalk

I’ve used both. Each has pros/cons, IMHO.

SS: Pros - smaller, battery-free sensors, hazard distances. Cons - metrics not as good as Arccos (on SS V2-3), extra watch (since Doc needs Apple Watch to monitor my ticker).

Arccos: Pros - legacy (grandfathered free from V2), outstanding metrics, can use AW, caddie realistic club choices, better web portal. SS grip mount. Cons -  link is useless (is back in box), no hazard distances, have to replace entire grip monitor (not just battery).

My free subscription and my historic data are the main reasons. If I had to pay for it, I’d probably get my third SS (sold the others).

YRMV. Both offer meaningful metrics for improvement. Definitely worth considering either one.

Chasing my ball around the cow field, trying to avoid the “ruff.”

8 minutes ago, Koolken53 said:

My V3 seems to work just fine some of info you know yourself is not a fact like when I says you hit a 275yd drive and ya know that’s impossible. Overall it’s great for front middle back yardages it fun to look at the stats but my biggest problem is I forget to record a few putts at the hole when done, then the website is very clumsy to try and go back to add or deduct something later. Still use my skycaddie watch but only for a few more years don’t think I’ll renew that subscription it’s getting costly. Overall the V3 works very well but honestly I still depend on my bushnell yardage laser for distance to the pin.

i have to do the same with arccos.....some times it just automatically says I three putted, others it shows no putts.....pretty much have to add them/adjust them manually after each hole. 

Shot Scope.  Main reason is there is no subscription fee.  I just bought the X5 watch, tagging is far better than previous generations but it still has some flaws.  Some features of the watch are buried in the UI, which can be frustrating since you don't want to be messing with the watch while playing.  The developers do listen to the community and continually push updates to fix bugs.  Overall, I'm happy with shot scope but I've never used Arccos for comparison.

I tried Arccos twice, back in 2017 and again in 2019.  I was on Android and it was not a good experience (had the latest Galaxy both times, battery drained quickly).  Also I was never a fan of how they handled the putting.

Got the Shot Scope V3 in 2021 and really liked it.  Not too much to gripe about other than having to wear a watch (and the GPS features were just adequate).  When they launched the H4 in 2022 I figured I'd try that as you wear the unit on your belt.  You have to tap the unit with the sensor on the club you hit (either before or after the swing) at the spot you hit from.  Well, that didn't work for me at all.

Moved on the X5 this year and after they worked out some of the issues with a firmware update, I would say I'm mostly happy.  Definitely a bunch more GPS features (i.e. layup distances are great) than the V3, and the online features are getting better and better.  Only gripes with this version they still have to sort out changing holes ... it's way too difficult and you need to do this several times - especially if you are teeing off on the back 9 and then playing the front, you have to set the hole on 10 and 1 and it's a it's way harder than it needs to be (unlock, 3 clicks to get into game menu, scroll through maybe 5 things to get to change hole, scroll through the holes and pick the one...but it's easy to pick the wrong one so repeat sigh).  What makes it more annoying is that it auto-advances when you don't want it to...so if you are pin high and wayward it can be super annoying when you're just looking for a quick center of the green number and it now has you playing the next hole.

That last comment brings up I guess the biggest diff between the 2 usage wise, Shot Scope is all watch when you are playing where the Arccos is all app (and the app is just easier to navigate).  Granted, I have to wear single vision contacts for distance when playing, so makes using the watch a bit of pain for me compared to someone that doesn't need vision correction.

Another thing to note is that the Shot Scope tags are RFID where the Arcoss tags have a battery and need to be replaced when the battery dies (the frequency of which depends, but as I recall if you leave a club standing up, the sensor is on and will drain the batt..maybe that's different now but was a big pain with gen 1).

For me, the biggest advantages of using the shot tracking is being able to track over time and adjust accordingly.  You will have a ton of information to do whatever you want with.  For example, I always played 3 wood off the tee on a downhill par 4 at my course, thinking it was smarter than the driver (so having 120 in instead of 100, big deal right?).  Well it turns out driver has been a much better play for me there, and I can show it with statistics - both scoring and GIR on this hole - even though fairway hit% may be slightly lower.

So for me, it's definitely Shot Scope, and if they workout some of the gremlins with the X5 it's going to be perfect.

Kirkland V2 Wedges, Wilson D9 (DG 105) 5-GW, Callaway Epic Flash 3+ and 5w (Hzrdus Smoke 6.0), Ping G425 3 and 4 hybrids (Alta cb 70), Titleist Tsi 2 (Hzrdus Smoke 6.0)

My comments aren't going to provide any greater insight for you than what's already been said, but here they are anyway 😀. My Arccos experience dates back to just before it became a subscription only model. I was already frustrated with the number of missed shots that I thought/think was the result of how the sensors were powered, at least at the time. I play a lot of early morning golf and they just did not perform reliably vs later in the day (powered by sunlight??). When it became a subscription only model, I dropped them.

I first bought the Shot Scope V2 watch and was much happier even though it also missed shots, but at least you didn't have to pay an additional yearly fee for the privilege of editing your round. The V3 model was a definite improvement although not perfect either. Because of my own quirks (I like/need to swing a club frequently between actual shots to keep loose), I wanted to find a quick/convenient way to stop the watch from detecting the club I'm swinging so it doesn't think I'm hitting the ball until I'm actually at the ball. Oddly enough, I found the V3's, 3 second pause function irritatingly long and distracting when finally walking up to the ball for the actual shot.

The H4 model seemed like the perfect solution. All the functionality of the V3 with the need to actually tap the club sensor to the H4 face to register it. That completely solved my club tag registration issues. However (you knew a "however" was coming, didn't you?), the device is designed to be worn in a holder on your belt and even though the magnet is quite strong, I nearly lost it twice when my shirt was partially caught in-between. I switched to putting it in my pocket, but I found tagging it was more difficult and I was constantly fussing around with it to be sure it registered. 

When the X5 $100 discounted pre-order for current users came out, I jumped at it. Reading the promo details made you think all the functional issues were resolved AND it was a much more attractive watch that capable of being your daily watch. Not so much. As others have already said, they've really dropped the ball on its release. Some seem to get pretty decent-to-good battery life, but I can't get more than 2 days of watch-only use and possibly 27 holes of shot tracking (they originally advertised 36 holes). Neither of those are showstoppers, though. My main objection is that MY X5 isn't functioning even as well as the V3, let alone improving upon it. It is a much more attractive watch and I truly like the ability to see what my actual club distances are; although it gives you total distance, not carry distance which is more valuable. But the amount of fussing around and editing has become irritating enough that I may very well stop using any shot tracker on a daily basis. It's possible that Shot Scope can fix most of the issues with firmware updates, but I don't think it's possible to fix them all.

Well... this has become much longer winded than I planned, but it's been rather cathartic so thanks for the opportunity 😮‍💨

:cobra-small: Dark Speed X Driver w/ :Fuji: Motore X F35R shaft, :srixon-small: ZX 5 Wood & 7 Wood w/Evenflow Riptide 5.5 shaft, :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi 24 deg Hybrid Iron, :mizuno-small: JPX919 Hot Metal 5-GW w/Project X LZ 5.5 shafts, :titleist-small: SM9 54D & 58M deg wedges, :odyssey-small: Sabertooth White Ice, :titleist-small: -Pro V1X (preferred) or :maxfli: Tour X ball, :ShotScope: X5 Watch, Nikon Laser 500 range finder.

For shot scope users, anyone using the PRO LX+ setup, or just the watch? Trying to decide which to switch to from Arccos. Thanks

I have used both. I liked the data they compiled. I did not use either for long because they were dropping shots on some holes. I returned both within the trail period, so it didn't cost me much.

I wished they did work, but did not want to waste anymore of my time.

This was about 2021.

Good Luck!

I have only used Arccos. I had the original Gen 1 sensors that were the bluetooth connection and then traded them in for the gen 2 sensors. I have very much enjoyed them. I have on occasion had a missed shot, some of that was a battery died on the sensor because I tested post round. Overall it probably might miss 1 or two a round, though some of those are me duffing a shot and then being too close because it has a feature to not count every shot if you use the same club within a certain distance so that is just me hitting it bad more than anything else. I use it in conjunction with my Apple Watch and that produces the best results for me, though phone in pocket was not bad and if you were on iphone you could put it in any pocket so I kept it in my back pocket. I will say after updating to an apple watch ultra, which I did partly because my series 6 would not last full rounds anymore and was getting long in tooth so it was not just driven by golf only too, it has been really good. 

I will also say for those who have had issues with puts, it is about the timing of it. Because the sensor is much more sensitive for the putter it waits for a moment of no movement, it is just a brief pause, so that way it is not registering on a practice motion. Honestly the times it misses a put are when I am doing a short tap in and don't wait but I can check quick on the watch and add it. 

Also with the gen 2 and newer sensors they are light activated but if you hold your club butt down it goes into a sleep mode. 

Driver: Callaway Epic Speed LS Max 9°
3w: Callaway BB Alpha 816
Hybrids: Titleist 818 H1 19°/21°
Irons: Ben Hogan PTX Pro 5-PW
Wedges: Cleveland RTX3 52,56,60
Putter: Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2 (2015)
Ball: Maxfli Tour X

I used the older Arrcos system for a few years , then when the batteries started dying and since I was fed up with missed shots and the phone in my pocket, I bought the Shotscope V2 on clearance sale.

Turns out it rarely missed a shot. I then upgraded to the V3 ( they made an offer hard to refuse) .   Shotscope is a much simpler and efficient system. Gives me all the metrics I need. A big plus is no subscription needed.

Pete

In my      :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:

Driver:    :ping-small: G425 LST, set to 9.0, graphite stiff-flex,  Tour S 65 

3W:          Taylormade Jetspeed Stiff Flex

2H:           Taylormade Jetspeed Regular Flex  ( yeah I know got it on sale and love it as is)

3H:           Taylormade RBZ stiff flex

Irons:        Tatlormade RBZ steel stiff flex

Wedges:  :ping-small: GMax, Yellow Dot, CVS 70 graphite, PW, UW & SW, Ping Glide Dyla-Wedge (white color code)

Putter:     Odessey 

Ball:       Titlest ProV1x

Shoes:   :footjoy-small:

I have been an Arccos user now for a little over a year. I enjoyed it the first year because I had the 1 free year. It was pretty good at tracking my data and having the Link really helped with not having to have my phone in my pocket.

As of late, I have been a little annoyed by it. It misses shots, it will add too many putts, so I do feel that there is more in round corrections. Its not a huge deal and to be honest I can remember every shot and every hole so I could just go back in after the round and make the corrections.

Overall I think it's a good product just not perfect. I do like though now it is connected to USGA GHIN so I can just go in and upload my score from Arccos instead of manually putting in every holes score. Just makes it easier to track it both ways.

Will have to make a decision next year if I truly want to renew my membership again or just solely use USGA GHIN only. May look into shot scope if there is not membership fee.

RD12

I have the shotscope H4, the belt clip model.  It works really well with minimal editing outside of putting distance.  If you want accurate stats on that you will need to spend some time post round editing pin positions and putting locations.  That is the limit of a stand alone gps unit unless you are using something supplemental source, such as phone towers or corrections from a second gps unit 3-6 feet is as accurate as possible.  Which is great until you hit the green.  

I found it most useful pointing out the trouble spots in my game so I can direct my attention there.  The customer service is great as well, to local courses had layout issues and they corrected them within a couple of days when I sent them the corrective info(had the front and back numbers flipped on one course and mis-numbered holes on another)

I’ve never used the Arccos gear, but the subscription service would bug me. I’ve been a Shotscope user for the last 3yrs.

My original watch was the V3 worked flawlessly collecting all the shots and allowing me to edit the round after either on my phone, iPad and PC. Cause I like shiny new things I took advantage of the offer for the discounted new X5. I was seeing the horror stories before I received the watch and was dreading using it because I’d become accustomed to the rock solid performance of the V3. 
I’ve now used the X5 for about 5 rounds and after updating software on the watch have found it to be as good as the V3 except with additional features. 
Another thing that I’ve have just done was get my golf coach to join (no charge) so she can see all my stats. The first time she saw the data, she was stunned with what was there. She now wants all her students do get one. 

Ping G410 SFT Driver

Ping G410 SFT 3 Wood

XXIO H4 20 deg Hybrid

Titleist 23 deg Hybrid

Taylormade P790 Irons 5-AW

Cleveland 52 wedge

Taylormade MG2 56 wedge

Scotty Cameron Futura 6M Putter

I cannot do a comparison as I have never tried Shot Scope.

Arccos, I am currently using and not completely happy.  The sensors, yes are a bit bulky and you must constantly re-tighten them on the grip.  I was sent the sensors at no charge from Taylormade which is the main reason I tried them.  I was simultaneously sent the link as well.  First round, all set up...thought all was fine.  Never got a shot!  Also lost the link as it must have fallen from my belt.

I hate carrying a phone in my pocket.  I have tried my apple and a google pixel.  Both work in my pocket.  The "LINK" has not worked yet (either phone).

Arccos seems to track the shots reasonably well but adjustments are necessary around the green and with putts.  Yes, if you have a penalty, you have to screw around trying to make the scores correct.  It seems the first putt is accurate as far as distance, so you know how close your birdie putt was at least.

I am not convinced with the distances as they seem to be not accurate especially with the tee shots.  One drive at 290 and the next at 215?

The bad thing is that after using for 7 rounds, I only have two that worked and tracked.  Mostly due to relying on the "Link" which seems to be worthless.  Oh, by the way, Arccos sent me a second link to use.  Only tried with one round to no avail.

Negatives:  Can't use on practice tee, so do not know any yardage unless playing.  Link has not worked yet using both apple and google phones.  Can't do the adjustments on my ipad cause cant get the the phone and tablet to communicate.  Only way is to use the dashboard (cumbersome at best).

Would like to find out if Shot Scope has a trial or not.  I would like to compare the two.

Note: I do not like wearing a watch to play golf so if that is the only way to get reasonable results, I wont like either of them.

A former plus handicapper who must settle for mid 70s to mid 80 scores today.  After taking 10 years off due to back issues, my driver length has decreased by 40 yards on average.  I look forward to any training aids, shaft improvements, club enhancements to get back part of what was lost.

I HAVE A DRAWER FULL OF DEAD SENSORS. The screw in sensors only lasted abt 12-18 mos. I got a set of irons with sensors in the grips and haven’t had one go bad yet. Their tech support suggested removing the screw on sensors at the range, which I did. Still, I think I have 8 out of 13 dead sensors. So not really a good purchase from an equipment point of view  

First year I tried using my iPhone in front pocket, to pick up shots, but it constantly dropped them. And on top of that, our course map from Google was so old gps did not match, so I could be on the green but it registered as off …. Or tee locations were wrong. For that reason I never used pin location on putting. I complained to the caddie master & they said they couldn’t do anything till Google did, and gave me 6 mos free service. 
HOWEVER, I switched to the Arccos Link on my belt and have never had a dropped shot. I bought the Link to help review a LAB putter for MGS, and without pin placement it still tracked number of putts and approx length. I’m the only one at my club to own it, and I bet it’s nice if someone who has it, has already marked the pins before you. 
STILL … I’m questioning renewing.

:titelist-small: TSi3 #1-3-5 all with Tensi Blue S-flex

:callaway-small: 2019 Apex Pro black 3 & 4H Catalyst 70 or    

:titelist-small: TSi3 #2-3 depending on how I’m playing. Tensi Blue

:callaway-small: 2019 Calloway Apex Pro black, 5-PW, Catalyst 100 - 6.0, Super Stroker Jumbo   

:cobra-small:  2020 RadSpeed OL 4H, 5-GW … won’t get to actually use till warmer weather

:callaway-small: 2019 PM-grind, 56° & 60°, KBS steel, Green Cap

:taylormade-small: Blue Spider EX

:titelist-small: Pro V1X

I tried Arccos a few years ago when I bought new Cobra irons.  At that time the supcription was $99, I did the trial period but did not subscribe because it was the end of the golf season. The next spring I was going to subscribe and try it out for a full season, but the rate had went up to $119 a year.  At the same time I came acrossed a deal for the V3 for $159 which to me was a no brainer.  I have been very pleased with my V3, I chose not to upgrade to the X5 as the V3 still does everything I want it to do.

Driver: :taylormade-small: QI10 Max
Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max 3HL
Fairway: :ping-small: G425 Max 9 Wood
Hybrid: :PXG: 0317 5 & 6 Hybrids

Irons: :srixon-small: ZX4 7-AW
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50° 54° & 58°
Putter:   :edel-golf-1:
 Array F-3 
Ball:  :srixon-small: Q-Star Tour Yellow