Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Sundogs Eyewear: 2024 Forum Member Review

Message added by MGS-Forum-Mod,

Follow our testers main posts via the links below!

@Wicki - Main Post 

@ShimmyCocoBop - Main Post 

@Jeff in the Mitten - Main Post

@Alan Scalzi - Main Post 

@Coulter - Main Post 

@injectedcuttyMain Post

Hello from the Culpeper, VA.  I am Jason, who is about to turn 50 years old.  I am not fond of bright lights anymore.  Majority rounds of golf I play, I am wearing sunglasses.  The current line of sunglasses that I am wearing is Tifosi.  These have there Enliven Golf lenses.  I have had Callaway sunglasses, and there was one I had that I really enjoyed, but everyone changes things and could not find ones I could like.  I have worn Polarized and Non- Polarized sunglasses golf.  Ones that have cost some money and others where I was being careful of cost.  This is where I have settled on Tifosi and on my second pair.  

I cannot wait to start bringing my thoughts on the Sundog Sunglasses, what I like and do not like.  I will be comparing the sunglasses with the current pair I am using.  How are they reading the green, and golf course.  How well does it keep the sun off my eyes.   

It is a pleasure again to being one that gets to bring my thoughts on Sundog Sunglasses.

First Impression:

I went out of town when they first arrived.  Was anxious to get home and get the sunglasses.

I have to say that my first impression was NOT that pleasing, considering the cost of the sunglasses.  They were just placed into the shipping box.  If I am paying $80 or more, I would not want my sunglasses just thrown in a box with a crumpled up paper on top of them.  I have boughten cheaper sunglasses that are shipped in a protective case, inside the packaging for the sunglasses, and then in the shipping box.  The first picture is what I saw inside the box.  A hybrid head cover as the protective case, not impressive.  I would NOT want to store my sunglasses in that, in my golf bag.  The sunglasses will get destroyed.  On top of it, only one, when they shipped 2 pairs of sunglasses.  This is not starting off well for Sundog Sunglasses.  I am hoping that the performance of the sunglasses are better than how they were package.  I would have shipped them back asking for a FULL refund.  There is no way I would spend that kind of money, and not get a protective case.  On $50 pairs, I baby them, so can image how I am feeling so far.  Over price for something that not worth giving a protective case.

IMG_1256.jpeg

IMG_1257.jpeg

First Impression wearing the Sundogs Billy83 TrueBlue Polarized PLUS and Stack TrueBlue.    They have a darker lens than Tisfosi sunglasses that I have.  With the darker lenses, it darkens the grass greener and sky bluer.  For bright sunny days they are great.  As you can see I got the wraps.  I cannot have the sun coming in on the side, and they prevent the sun from coming in on the side.    People have their preference on style and this is mine.  

I have not notice if I can read the greens any better.  With the cost sky rocketing to play golf, including the gas needed to get to the courses, I just do not see the need to go to another course.  The Country Club I play at are older smaller greens.  They have some slight breaks that are just tough to read.  At times it seems that I read the green backwards.  

One thing I have notice though, is I can track the ball a little better.  As I age it is harder to track the ball normally.  My depth perception is going, but I have better idea where the ball should be.  

A pair of sunglasses I would love to compare these too is Oakleys Prism golf glasses.

Edited by Wicki

Salisbury New Taylormade M1 Demo - Tailor Made Logo Png Clipart ...Driver: Taylor Made Stealth 10.5*

Mizuno Irons: JPX 923 Tour

Irons: Proto Rose

Ladies Golf Balls - Titleist Golf Logo Clipart (#110861) - PinClipartWedges: SM7 52.08; SM6 60.04

Cleveland Golf Png & Free Cleveland Golf.png Transparent Images ...Wedges: Zip core: 54, and 58 

Callaway Golf Wedge: Jaws 50

Salisbury New Taylormade M1 Demo - Tailor Made Logo Png Clipart ... Putter: Platinum S

Odyssey putter: Jail Bird

Hello Spies Like Us - 

My name is Dave and my handle is Shimmy CocoBop (from the song by Little Anthony and The Imperials), although I am thinking of changing it to some version of "Old School".

I am a retired PGA of America Life Member and, at age 69, can shoot my age once in a while. I do no social media and have been on MyGolfSpy since I was suspended 30 days from GolfWrx for using the phrase "Wuhan Flu" in a post.  This is probably more than you ever wanted to know about me.  😮   Sundog Eyewear will be my second MGS Product Test, after just concluding the new Callaway Tour Golf Balls, which were great.

2024PGACard.jpeg.0685382e2eabc9e0e58e48103eca8bfa.jpeg

Below are my thoughts/concerns for the Sundog Eyewear test.

For the past 7-8 years, I have been told that non-polarized lenses are the way to go for golf sunglasses because they help a player see slopes and grass-grain better for putting and short game shots.  This made a lot of sense to me when I experimented with non-polarized.

Polarized lenses help with glare and light bouncing off water, windshields, bright surfaces and just bright sunny days in general,  so they have their place in golf too.

Another concern is that I play a yellow ball for ease of spotting it in the air.  I don't wear regular eyewear yet, but I know I will be in a few years.  I'm not sure what type of sunglass eyewear would be best for me in that case and some lens colors don't do well with a yellow golf ball.  95% of my golf is played in Florida so I get plenty of sunny days and always wear a large-brimmed hat.

Another concern is getting something that will fit a size 7 1/2+ hat sized-head. I don't like it when I get headaches from my skull being squeezed for 3 or 4 hours by tight sunglass frames.

Finally, Florida is hot and humid and most sunglasses that fit tightly tend to make my eye sockets sweaty.  I have tried ventilated lenses, and that seemed to help a bit.  Maybe taking sunglasses off to putt or tee off would be the answer to alleviating sweaty sockets.

I will find out whether Sundog lenses are glass or plastic because I've also been told not to use any harsh soap when cleaning plastic sunglass lenses before or after play.  I try to wash mine right after play to remove sweat and sunscreen with mild soap and let them dry as much as possible without rubbing them with the provided tiny lens cloth.  In the past, I have had Oakley Prism lenses not last very long because of regular cleaning with Dawn soap.  I will get some advice on cleaning Sundog glasses.

Therefore, I asked to test Sundog Polarized BILLY83's because of their "large/wide"  fit and the Sundog Non-Polarized ZENITH's because they are recommended for hat-wearers.

I look forward to sharing my findings with you.

Edited by ShimmyCocoBop

After retiring from the PGA of America, I did some demo days and club fitting for TaylorMade, Callaway, Titleist, Ping, Cobra, Srixon and Mizuno.

What's up to all the Spies out there!  Just a little bit about me as it relates to this particular test:

TLDR (too long, didn't read) Version:
I golf in Michigan where lighting conditions can be highly variable.  I've had corrected vision via glasses or contacts my whole life and struggle with allergies making my eyes sometimes very uncomfortable while golfing.  I choose NOT to wear sunglasses when golfing as I've never found a pair that blocked sun, but when looking down at address didn't reduce clarity of the ball...hoping Sundogs changes all that!  I will be testing the Genius and Propel models in comparison with my current Oakley, Arnette, and WMP everyday sunglasses. 

Full Version:

I'm 35, married to my amazing wife Ali (non-golfer), and live in Michigan (the mitten state) with our two dogs where the weather can be...unpredictable.  This means that lighting conditions can change a ton in a single round, which is why I'm so excited to be a tester of Sundog sunglasses!  

I've had corrected vision since I was a kid, so glasses and contact lenses have been a part of my daily life for as long as I can really remember.  I now have a corrective prescription of -5.5 in each eye...for those that don't have bad eyesight, first all of us that do are extremely jealous, but second, to put that in context, there is no way I could drive a car without my contacts/glasses...I'd be a hazard to us all!!!

On top of that, I have terrible seasonal allergies, which I do treat with OTC meds like zyrtec with pretty good results.  And to just add to my own misery, I have two very hairy doggos (Moose and Marley...see pics ) that I absolutely adore, but their shedding isn't friendly to my eyes...but dog owners out there know that we simply can't live without 'em no matter what their hair does to us. 

The combination of those three things though has made for some pretty frustrating on-course experiences in my past.  I know, without a shadow of doubt, that some rounds (even some competitive ones) have been drastically influenced by my inability to manage my eyes.  For those of you out there like me...let's hope Sundogs can be a friend for our eyes out there grinding for pars!

I've been fortunate enough to get a few new sunglasses over the past couple years, so that's really what I'll be comparing to.  They'll include Oakleys with Prizm Polarized lenses (shown in the pictures...I was just gifted a sunglass hut gift card and scooped those), Arnettes with polarized and non-polarized lenses, and WMP with polarized and non-polarized lenses.  I've never been one to like wearing sunglasses while golfing.  I just think the tint is always too heavy where I actually loose some detail that I like when taking shots.  Sundogs...please prove me wrong!  I've even gone as far as wearing transition contact lenses for a bit while golfing to get the full-vision benefits of contacts with some tint.  I did like those, but they're mad expensive so I'm not sure I'd want to do it in the long run.

Here's what I hope to focus on during this test:

1. Tracking and finding the ball on the course...can these help with contrast making those things easier?

2. Visibility at address...I like to focus on single dimples when striking the ball and I hope I don't lose this with the tint. 

3. Everyday use...can these seamlessly go from the course to the clubhouse and beyond?

4. Long term comfort...Golf is a sport that takes a while so these need to be comfortable to make the cut.

5. Durability...I try to take care of stuff like this, but I'll be watching for cleanability and scratching closely. 

Anything else you want to learn about Sundogs???  Let me know and I'll get some feedback for ya!

IMG_9285.jpg

IMG_9282.jpg

73068242836__E191B65E-AEE2-4F9D-872D-9ED519C216DA.jpg

Edited by Jeff in the Mitten

Jeff D.

WITB:

Stealth Plus 10.5 w/ X-Stiff Evenflow Riptide MX 70 TX

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 3-wood w/ Steelfiber 85g X-Stiff (F5)

Taylormade P770 (2021) w/ Dynamic Gold 120 x100

Vokey SM7 wedges 54 and 58

Scotty Cameron Phantom 5s

Hello my spy's my name is Alan I'm 53 years old. Married for 26 yr and I have 3 amazing kids all in their 20's. I'm a self-employed home remodeler in the Kansas City Missouri area. I have been playing golf since my early teens and a handicap around 18, for the last year and half I have been able once a week even during the winter months. We have a 40° temp rule, nothing lower!😁 Golf has really helped me physically and mentally to better myself. I like most sports, will watch or try to watch anything with a back story.  Just took up watching F1 a few years back, never thought I would enjoy it this much. I try to practice golf everyday.  I'm blessed with able to hit in my basement  ( a golf simulator is something I would love to install). I'm looking forward to to testing the Sundog sunglasses as I haven't found  a pair of sunglasses I can wear while playing golf as the ones I have I  make it to dark to see the ball. Do need to wear something as the wind really dries out my contacts. Excited to compare the polarized too none polarized to see which will help me see better playing golf and out in the everyday life.  Thanks again for selecting me to do this review!

1st impression! 

Wanting to apologize as I shot a video last Saturday night after a round of golf ( which I could have used some sunglasses, because eye fatigue is real), helping my wife get the food ready as we hosted Easter!  Found out im not able to post videos as the new phone i have has a bug that the manufacturer of the phone knows about and trying to fix with updates, it will not let me upload videos for my phone even tried uploading from YouTube! Was very hard not open the box for 6 hrs !!! I loved the bouns @Sundog Eyewear  sent us ! The head cover glass case with ball marker.  Nice20240401_123955.jpg.2f40a373363688d9b8a1efeb774d947d.jpg touch!  Having a hard time right now as since the came in the mail cloudy and rain both days!

20231102_172856_resized.jpg

20231102_172852_resized.jpg

20231102_172906_resized.jpg

20240401_124033.jpg

20240401_123955.jpg

20240401_123904.jpg

Edited by Alan Scalzi
First impression! And trying to tag sundog!

Alan Scalzi 

Hey spies, just wanted to do a proper intro since this is the 1st test I've been able to participate in. My name is Scott and I'm 40 years old. I live in Louisville with my beautiful wife of 15 years (not sure how she's put up with my crap this long lol), and 2 girls age 9 and 13. 

I've been playing golf since I could walk, played junior leagues growing up, and played varsity golf in high school. I fell off the horse for a few years after graduating, cause partying ya know. I've got pretty heavily back into golf over the past 10-12 years, and really really involved over the past 5. I'm fortunate enough to have a public course backing up to my yard which makes practice and play super easy on a daily basis. I've managed to trim my handicap back down close to scratch, but like most I have days I hit it awful!!!! I've been using a shotscope H4 since last year, that neat tool has truly improved my game since I can monitor yardage, look at strokes gained, etc.

In regards to this test, I usually wear sunglasses daily since I drive for Sysco and I'm on the road throughout the day. I like wearing polarized but my Ray Bans are weird on the course. I have some Tifosi golf sunglasses that have their tech in them and they really help, so I'm really excited to see how these Sundogs fit and feel. I'm signed up for the Billy83 polarized, and the Propel TrueBlue sunglasses. I plan on testing them thoroughly, getting critical measurements as alot of need wider or narrower frames, how the nosepiece feels and sits on the face, durability, comfort, etc. 20240325_183453.jpg.74fa199d6c1fbf7d20d9a5376dd7b8f0.jpg

Again, I'm pumped to be included in this test and can't wait to get started. I hope people reach out if they think of off the wall ways to test them....I'm all ears.

Got my sunglasses today and I'm super pumped so far. Here is the unboxing video. Time to get yall some specs.

I've been wearing mainly the Billy83 polarized plus sunglasses all week during work. Overall they are super nice, and don't slip at all on my face. As mentioned, I drive a truck for Sysco so these glasses are excellent while driving since they really cut down on glare and improve clarity! 

Also, they help alot on the few gray sky days we've had this week in Kentucky. I have blue eyes so sunglasses in general help, but the polarized tech that @Sundog Eyewear has infused into their products is superior so far! I said early on, the first impressions were a 9/10 for me. I do wish they would've thrown some bubble wrap in the box for safe measure. Yeah the products showed up safe, but an extra wrap of something would ease the mind, especially since the regular trueblue pair is $79.99, and the polarized are $149. That's it for now, hope to go play in a bit and test more.

Edited by injectedcutty
Updating for test

Scott J

PXG Driver, AP2 irons, Cleveland wedges and Odyssey white ice 2.0

Congrats Testers!

WITB:

D: :taylormade-small: QI-10 core 9* Ventus Blue TR Velocore 6x

3w: :taylormade-small: Brnr mini driver 13.5 S

3h: :ping-small: G430 19° Tour 2/Stiff

7W: :callaway-small: 21° Rogue ST Max LinQ 7X

5i-6i:  :srixon-small: ZX5 MKII Project X 6.0

7i-PW: :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII Project X 6.0

50°, 54° & 58°:   :ping-small: Glide Forged Pro

P:   :odyssey-small: White Hot Versa DW

Ball:  :bridgestone-small: Tour BX mindset

Bag:  Ghost MGS Anyday 14 way

"And so, we beat on, boats against the current, borne ceaselessly into the past." - Fitzgerald

” The woods are lovely, dark and deep,   

But I have promises to keep,   

And miles to go before I sleep,   

And miles to go before I sleep. - Frost

"That you are here—that life exists and identity,

That the powerful play goes on, and you may contribute a verse." - Whitman

Let the testing begin!

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

I can’t wait to hear how the test goes! I love me some glasses on the course!

IMG_7146.jpeg

#GoBallsOutAlways #GoRickieGo

Driver:      :Sub70:849 Pro-:projectx:HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX 70 6.0-NO1 50 Series Grip
Fairway:   :Sub70:949X-:projectx:HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX 70 6.0 (1/2 inch short)-NO1 50 Series Grip
Driving Irons:     :Sub70:699 Pro 2-:truetemper: DG S400- NO1 50 Series Grips

Irons:     Custom:Sub70: 639 CB 5-Pw :truetemper: DG S400- NO1 50 Series Grips   
Wedges:   WedgeFx 52,56,60-:truetemper: DG S400Shafts-NO1 50 Series Grips 
Putter:      :Sub70: Sycamore 007-NO1 P90 Pistol Grip
Ball:           :odin:X1

Bag:     Side Street- Back9 Backpack Bag

Link to my Bag Boy ZTF Review!

Congrats testers. Excited to hear how these work for you. Ordered a pair with the MGS discount this weekend!

Driver:  cobralogo.png.60692cdc05482efd83e68664e010b95f.png Aerojet LS, Ventus Blue Shaft - 6S
4 Wood:  callaway.png.e65d398fb0327017a369499fc6126064.png Rogue ST Max 16.5, Tensei White Shaft - 7S
Utility Iron: mizunopro.png.90cc4fb9895830e28063d9a5be416145.png Fli Hi 3-iron, HAZARDOUS Smoke Black Shaft - S
Irons:  mizuno.png.f0e7b21135cb6273b3c1430866904467.png JPX 921 Tour 4-P, Project X Shafts - Stiff 125g
Wedges: cleveland.png.f21f4d2361520fdf1bbd9d515a2f11e6.png 52º, 56º, 60º
Putter:  odyssey.png.58c727e37eb7efda62bce4f7b8881bd9.png Ai-One 7 T CH, 34"
Preferred Ball: srixon.png.f177578dda27a20ef80a0a8b1ae96e3b.png Z-Star Diamond
Pushcart: bagboy.jpg.0dda53b5175958e1b5686f22b90af744.jpg Nitron
Rangefinder: bushnell.jpg.c51debd06066fa243dea7f14d69a8dba.jpg Tour V5 Shift

Congrats testers! I've only ever worn two types of sunglasses on the course, and Sundog is one of them. Enjoy the testing process!

In my Vessel-removebg-preview.png.afd31301c874ee24a33a6c5f06f4ab98.png Lux XV Cart Bag:
Driver: image.png.0d0a9c800176ad44335fd0a7facba020.png RADSPEED XB PTC 10.5° Fujikura Speeder Evolution 661 VII Stiff
Utility: callaway-golf-vector-logo-removebg-preview.png.1467fda9195e29c96aa5066f048e91b9.png Apex UW 17° and 19° Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 70 6.0
4 Hybrid: image.png.0d0a9c800176ad44335fd0a7facba020.png KING LTDx 21° KBS PGI 85 Stiff
Irons: image.png.66179558e8e55b8b35b741c037395846.png ZX5/ZX7 Project X LZ 6.0
Wedges: image.png.620c54f7108fefbf49a94ba169f19081.png 2.0 49°, 53°, 57° Project X LZ 6.0
Putter: L.A.B. DF3 34"/67°
Ball: MaxFli.png.395dd0dca3a12529f636728b3e66a134.png Tour (Thanks MGS for allowing me to test these!)

Check out my Official MGS Reviews Below!
:skycaddie: LX5 Watch - Link Here!

MaxFli.png.395dd0dca3a12529f636728b3e66a134.png Tour and TourX Golf Balls - Link Here!

image.png.28a3be9c497202cfc8176faecf8777ad.png Approach S70 Watch - Link Here!

Congrats testers - looking forward to this one!

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge/Testing Bag (Link Here)

Driver: image.png.ca83f4e6716da9276cf90826f633daca.png Paradym with Ventus TR Blue 60 Stiff

Fairways:  image.png.c4f821ba6925e5e146c31600685bf103.png Aerojet Max 3W & 7W with Hzrdus Smoke Blue RDX 70 Stiff

Hybrid:  image.png.c21137d282a252fb544e47aceb520176.png King TEC 5H with KBS PGI 95 Stiff

Irons:  image.png.6621a18e06b1717c1f774c4a561fd7d8.png Forged TEC 5-GW with KBS Tour Lite Stiff

Wedges:  image.png.ca83f4e6716da9276cf90826f633daca.png Jaws Raw Plasma 54 & 58

Putter:  image.png.c8e6824d2c38fa85d20ca21913fbb2b1.pngPhantom X 5.5

Ball: 2023 Maxfli Tour

Other Reviews:

Callaway Paradym

Titleist White Box Testing (2023)

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

Congrats to the testers  - looking forward to seeing how the eyewear looks and more importantly how they work on the course….

WITB? Ping G400 SFT w/Aldila Mamba shaft R flex; Ping G410 3w; Ping G400 3h(19), 4h(22), 5h(26); TaylorMade SLDR 5i (interchanges w/5h)-PW -stock graphite shafts Rflex; INDI FLX-S wedges (50, 54, 58) w/Recoil graphite shafts -Rflex and Odyssey AI-One 7T BD Milled (aka Millie), ball choice tends to be Pro-V1 or simliar 3pc urethane balls. 

Congratulation testers. Interested to see how these compare to my Oakley golf sunglasses

Driver: IMG_5084.png.5fbbd783dcc8d621f65db4e523c4867a.png G430 Max

Fairway: IMG_5157.jpeg.41245fafb8773b507ee7f693ad6a2066.jpeg LTDx Max 3 wood

Hybrid: IMG_5083.jpeg.03d55f2ce7c7118771008ca6d79deff1.jpeg Mavrik 3 hybrid 

Irons: IMG_5083.jpeg.03d55f2ce7c7118771008ca6d79deff1.jpeg Mavrik  4-AW,

Wedges: IMG_5083.jpeg.03d55f2ce7c7118771008ca6d79deff1.jpeg Jaws MD5 50 and 56 wedges

Putter: IMG_5308.webp.c1f0b99088f53de60d3349e71f9c2844.webp Mallet

Ball: IMG_5083.jpeg.03d55f2ce7c7118771008ca6d79deff1.jpeg Chrome Soft

IMG_5085.jpeg

Congratulations testers!  Looking forward to all the features and benefits, and differences these pairs of sunglasses provide on the course (and off)

Will anybody being doing full time reviews, or golf course only?

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

Congrats, y'all. As someone who can't leave home without sunglasses, I'm looking forward to this one!

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

This is going to be a unique testing opportunity. I've never really considered buying sunglasses specifically for a sport. Enjoy getting out in the sun testers!

WITB (link to detailed post here):

Driver:  Cobragolflogo.png.602fb363b272aeca0ae57ab591da02de.png LTDx 9* (ProjectX BlueSmoke Stiff)

Fairway metals:  TITLEIST_logo_15px.png.86858562876473681822bdce0336ecd4.png 3W TSR2 14.25* (ProjectX BlueSmoke Stiff) | PXG_Logo.png.e8b8454bf242754d2326ecb0a719cd30.png 5W Gen4 0341XF (Mitsubishi Tensei Blue 75 S)

Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.e8b8454bf242754d2326ecb0a719cd30.png4H Gen4 0317XF (Mitsubishi Tensei Blue 75HY S)

Irons:   Sub70.png.5f7ea5565c2690f7d237f327e2e5238a.png 659 CB 5-AW (Project X Rifle 6.0)

Wedges:   Sub70.png.5f7ea5565c2690f7d237f327e2e5238a.png 286 54* & 58* (KBS Tour 120 S)

Putter:  Sub70.png.5f7ea5565c2690f7d237f327e2e5238a.png AL-6 armlock | Unofficial review here

Ball:   Vice_logo.png.282566e7be35424dbb3a5d3359e6385f.png pro drip: red & blue | MAXFLI_logo_15px.png.137df4bf59bf3628d99abc6ca08fd43f.png Tour S

Pushcart:  clicgear_logo.png.5569d627daa35e79384784c8a4e886f4.png 4.0 | '23 MGS Clicgear 4.0 Pushcart Tester | Link here

14 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Please welcome and congratulate our testers! 

@Wicki

@ShimmyCocoBop 

@Jeff in the Mitten 

@Alan Scalzi

@Coulter

@BNewton51

Congrats testers!! I'm excited to hear about these sunglasses, especially from any tester coming from Oakley glasses.

I have to wear sunglasses outside since my eyes have become extremely sensitive to bright light. So I'm always looking for quality stuff.

Edited by Shrek74

In My Sun Mountain C-130 'merica Cart Bag:
Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth+ Rocket 3W, 13.5* turned down to 12.75*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 75g
Fairway: :Sub70: 949x 3w, 15*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 70g
Fairway: :Sub70: 949x 5w, 18*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX, 60g
Hybrid: :Sub70: 939x 4H (21*), Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Black, 90g
Irons: :Takomo: 101's, 5-PW, :truetemper: DG120 S300
Wedges: :Sub70: 286 @ 50*, JBFG @ 54* & 60*, :truetemper: DG120 S300
Putter: :Sub70: 002 Mid-Mallet @ 35", Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0, Desert Camo
Ball: :maxfli: Tour & Testing :OnCore: Vero X1
Technology: :ShotScope: H4 w/ Tags, Pro L2 Rangefinder

I’m not a sunglasses guy, but my wife wears hers everywhere including on the course. I’m curious to hear if the sunglasses help/hinder for reading putts. When I wear sunglasses, it shifts my vision slightly if that makes sense and I’ve always felt/wondered if this would impact putting.

Currently in the bag:

Cobra Aerojet LS 9* | Cobra LTDx 3 wood 14* | Callaway Utility Wood 17* and 21* | Callaway Apex ‘19 forged 5-PW | Edison 2.0 wedges 49*, 53*, 57* | LAB DF2.1 Broomstick 50” | Transrover bag

Congrats testers! No excuses to “misread” the green now 🤣🤣🤣

I like golf. You should like golf. If life is tough, play more golf!

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5, Graphite Design Tour AD-MJ 6x

Titleist TSr3 18 Degree, Graphite Design Tour Ad-DI 7x

Takomo 301CB's, KBS Tours 120S

Vokey SM8 48 10F, 52 08F, 56 08M, 60 08M

Odyssey O-Works Jailbird Mini, Versa Scheme, 17" Fatso 3.0 Grip, 40"

Jazz Tacoma Cart Bag

Titleist Pro V1x

Congrats testers! Looking forward to your thoughts on these!

TSR1, 9*, Fujikura Ventus Black, 6-S

TSR1, 15*, HZRDUS Black, 5.5 

TSR2, Hybrid, 18*, TPT HYBRID 17/Lo

RBZ Tour4 Hybrid, 21.5*, S 

T-200, (2023), 5-PW,  SteelFiber, i95cw, S 

Vokey Design, 50,54,58, Dynamic Gold S200

Studio Select, Newport 1.5

ELIXR (2022)

Really looking forward to this one!  A little about me (and my eyes)...

I have TERRIBLE vision that I correct with contacts.  So, on the course it's very important to me that my eyes stay comfortable.  Oh...I also have bad seasonal allergies 😞 

For years I've always WANTED to be able to wear sunglasses on the course, but have never found the right pair.  I even tried the transition contact lenses for some sun reduction.  Nothing ever felt like I could really SEE the ball as well as without anything so I just never seemed to play as well with shades on. 

I hope this changes everything!  I'm very excited to be a tester and to compare the TrueBlue Poloarized vs. Non-Polarized lenses.  I'll test both on the course and just wearing around town.  I live near water as well, so (if you're a fly fisherman like me) I should be able to give a quick nod to how they perform with water visibility.  

Cheers and hope all the testers enjoy them!

Jeff D.

WITB:

Stealth Plus 10.5 w/ X-Stiff Evenflow Riptide MX 70 TX

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 3-wood w/ Steelfiber 85g X-Stiff (F5)

Taylormade P770 (2021) w/ Dynamic Gold 120 x100

Vokey SM7 wedges 54 and 58

Scotty Cameron Phantom 5s

Congrats testers, excited to hear your thoughts!

• Driver : :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS, 10.5° loft, MCA TENSEI AV White 65g, Stiff flex (44.5", Draw setting)
  • 3-Wood: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS, 15° loft, MCA TENSEI AV Blue 65g, Reg flex (42.25", tipped 0.5")
  • 3-Utility: :Sub70: 699 Pro V2 Utility Satin, 18° loft, :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 80g, 5.5 flex
  • Irons: :titleist-small: T200 6i-GW, 27°-48° lofts, Nippon Modus3 120g, Stiff flex (+0.25”, 1° upright)
  • Wedges:  Indi FLX S-Grind, 52°/56°/60° lofts, Dynamic Gold Spinner 115g, Wedge flex
  • Putter:cobra-small: King Vintage Sport 60, SteelFiber P125 shaft (34"), :garsen: Quad Tour Taper grip
  • Bag: :cobra-small: Ultralight Pro, Ski Patrol/Black
  • Push Cart: :BagBoy: Nitron, Black/Red
  • Rangefinder: Bushnell Tour V5 Shift

2023 MGS Forum Review: Sugar Golf Balls (Final Review Posted)
2023 MGS Forum Review: Sycamore 009 Mini Putter (Final Review Posted)
2024 Unofficial Review: The "Putting Thing" by WhyGolf

-TJ