Bridgestone Tour B-RXS mindset review

Well, I just got home and found I had received a great package. A brand new box of a dozen golf balls. I don’t know about you, but I am a golf ball snob. as you can tell from the picture below, I keep all kinds of golf balls in my golf bag. I am so very much intrigued by how engineers can use different material and mantel layers to make a ball have a higher or lower compression rate, spin more or less, and even have a higher and lower trajectory.

My usual go to ball is either the RXS from Bridgestone or the TaylorMade Tour Response. Of course, the ProV-1 from Titleist can check a lot of boxes when you prefer a softer-ish feeling ball.

I am really looking forward to taking the mindset ball on course and seeing how I adapt. Can I actually improve my golf game by minimizing swing thoughts and concentrating on the ball? Of course, my high-level of ADHD may try and poke It’s ugly little head into this new strategy.

But, we will see. I am playing in my nephews university tournament tomorrow. Let’s see how it goes.

IMG_1834.jpeg

IMG_1835.jpeg

Edited by arodrig29
Spelling correction

Callaway Rogue ST max driver (Tour Ad IZ-6)

Cobra LTD-X 3 and 5 wood (Tour AD UB-6)

PXG 0317 X Hybrid (Mitsubishi Tensei Blue)

PXG Gen 6 P 5-G irons (Mitsubishi MMT)

PXG 0311 Forged wedges (Mitsubishi MMT)

Ping Tein 4 putter

blessed beyond measure. 

Bridgestone makes balls and don’t feel like they don’t get the credit they deserve. I went for the BXS all last year and really liked them. Started playing with firmer feeling balls this year with prov1x and csx. Love extra spin

Curious to hear feedback on the mindset balls

Driver- Paradym Hzrdus green 60g 6.5

3 wood- stealth plus hzrdus red 75g 6.5

4 iron -P790, 5-6 - p770, 7-Pw- Apex Tcb- KBS 130x

Volkey 50, Jaws raw 54,58

Odessey Versa 7

Prov 1x/CSX

Yup, recieved mine today too!

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

37 minutes ago, Rob Person said:

Yup, recieved mine today too!

Glad you got them also Rob. Did you go RXS? 

Ping Tein 4 putter

blessed beyond measure. 

6 hours ago, arodrig29 said:

Glad you got them also Rob. Did you go RXS? 

I was fitted into the RX model...

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

7 hours ago, Rob Person said:

I was fitted into the RX model...

So was I. Arrived at the Casa this morning. I'd almost forgotten this opportunity was coming.

bridgestone.jpg

Obsessed with chasing the dimpled orb.

More about me:  WITB type stuff

Fit For Golf tester 2024

I received mine in the mail today as well.  One thing I did realize about myself before even receiving the balls and after watching the video, I don't look at one spot on the golf ball.  I just generally look at the ball lol.  After watching the video, I started looking at an exact spot on the ball.  I found when I do that, I was hitting it fat, so I probably had a little vertical movement I wasn't aware of.  It's gotten better the more I practice focusing on a specific spot.  I think I'll play next Thursday and let everyone know my first thoughts.  

Driver:  Taylore Made Burner 2

5 wood:  Cobra RadSpeed

Irons:  Mizuno Pro 225, Project X Shaft

Wedges:  Mizuno

Putter:  Odyssey

Just received mine today! Already have a lot of good ideas for my home simulator set up to get some data with myself and a slower swing speed player. Planning on making a video review because I love this idea/theory of a mental routine as well as a physical routine when it comes to addressing the golf ball. 

0F1947D3-50D6-42EC-89CA-E04F6E461FBC.jpeg

Thanks,

Evan Suddeth PT, DPT, CSCS, TPI

Along with most things in life, I have always been a ready, fire, aim kind of person. What I mean to say is, sometimes I can be quick to pull the trigger. I realized today, that it definitely carries over into golf. Never did I realize that I was so quick to tee up a ball and swing. Or perhaps take a second to read the green, line up a putt and putt.  Notice I said a second. That was said purposefully. Not today, though.

Today, more than ever, I found myself truly reading and thinking about every shot. Definitely not over processing, just making sure that I had a plan. Especially on putts. Today more than than ever I took time to read a green. To see the contours and what the grain was doing. I actually took time to speak out loud what I wanted to happen in preparation for the attempt. I never realized how quickened I felt on the golf course until today. I took my time and processed and visualized shots.This is not some I ever really did.

It was a scramble, and we finished in the middle of the pack at 10 under par. 

As far as the ball is concerned, Bridgestone really hit a home run with the RXS. Very consistent off the tee and really hot. I’m looking forward to seeing what my Arccos data looks like over the next couple of weeks with this ball.

More to come!

IMG_1839.jpeg

IMG_1838.jpeg

IMG_1837.jpeg

Ping Tein 4 putter

blessed beyond measure. 

Received my balls today. Will play tomorrow. I realize the spot to look at when hitting is supposed to be on the top of the ball, so will start that way. I usually look at the back of the ball, so may put the spot off center toward the back of the ball, just where I can see it and see how that works.

Driver: Callaway Epic 9 degree, stiff (set at 10 degrees with the movable weight in the center}

FW: Callaway Epic 3,5, heaven wood w/ regular shaft (driver shaft in 3 wood, 3 wood shaft in 5 wood, 5 wood shaft in heaven wood, all three set at neutral plus 1 degree)

Hybrids: Callaway BB19 4,6,7 (4 set at neutral plus 1 degree and 6 and 7 set at neutral minus 1 degree for gapping purposes)

Irons: Callaway Rogue ST Max 8, 9, PW 

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM6 50,54,58

Ball: Titleist Pro V1, 1X, Vice Pro Plus or anything I find that day and try out for the fun of it (I haven't bought balls with my own money in at least 10 years)

Today was the first run with these guys. I decided to take my new Odyssey Ai One Double putter, the Bridgestones and some TM Tour Response to the practice green.

Did some putting from 5, 10 and 25 feet. Both balls performed well, rolling true, taking the breaks. Falling in off the edges. 

I set the balls up randomly and tried to putt the same line each time. I like the feel of the TM a little bit better. It's a little more crisp to me. The Mindset felt softer, I think. 

I tried to use the Mindset system, but honestly, I can't squat down that low anymore to align the putts properly. 

Next ill try chipping around the greens and finally playing them for a whole round. 20240409_104101.jpg.de307fb12091fd395f0997a65d2c9b3d.jpg20240409_104540.jpg.89d432c03be545e81f4685dc58dc1452.jpg20240409_111416.jpg.addeb86c06ebc56a3be9462f2c471c8f.jpg

Maybe I should try playing left handed!

Posted (edited)

I was able to out get yesterday in the middle of a cosmic anomaly. That’s right, I played golf through the eclipse. To say that it was eerie at times do it justice. I one point, I had to take my glasses off because I couldn’t see the ball in the fairway very well. 
Either way, I gave the mindset ball another opportunity to earn my business. And it may have just done that. I shot a 81 which is my lowest score ever. And that was at the Preserve at Verdae, which is a very difficult track. For me, hands-down, centering myself, and processing what I am seeing has been huge. The idea of actually verbally processing what I want a shot to do has changed my mind set. Do I always execute, not necessarily. But I can say that my putting has gotten a lot more purposeful.

I have used the Bridgestone RXS ball for a long while now. Specifically, because of my swing speed. However, I was fitted for new irons which help with spinning the ball more. and it definitely shows on and around the greens. Yesterday, I did try and compare on several shots. The Tour Response ball from TaylorMade as well as the oldie but goodie ProV-1 from our friends at Titleist. Specifically from 100 yard shots and in. I can say that the Bridgestone ball stopped very well. The Tour Response had a little more rollout while the ProV-1 actually spun back some. 

In the end, Golf balls for me are all about feel. The Bridgestone RXS ball feels great with a wedge and I dare say best with a putter (IMO) compared to the other two brands I mentioned earlier. 

IMG_1854.jpeg

IMG_1856.jpeg

IMG_1869.jpeg

IMG_1861.jpeg

IMG_1872.png

Edited by arodrig29

Ping Tein 4 putter

blessed beyond measure. 

Played with the ball today. I went through their online fitting and it suggested Tour B RX. I didn't have any problems with the thought process as that is what I do anyway. I did end up liking the spot on the back part of the ball, both off the tee and when putting. I don't usually use a line for either but it did show me on one tricky tee that I wasn't lining up correctly. I think the process that the graphics represent is good for anyone.

The ball itself I found to be eminently playable. I had a little less spin on approach shots and chips/pitches as they ran out a little more, but easy adjustment. Usual ball is a Pro V1. 

Driver: Callaway Epic 9 degree, stiff (set at 10 degrees with the movable weight in the center}

FW: Callaway Epic 3,5, heaven wood w/ regular shaft (driver shaft in 3 wood, 3 wood shaft in 5 wood, 5 wood shaft in heaven wood, all three set at neutral plus 1 degree)

Hybrids: Callaway BB19 4,6,7 (4 set at neutral plus 1 degree and 6 and 7 set at neutral minus 1 degree for gapping purposes)

Irons: Callaway Rogue ST Max 8, 9, PW 

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM6 50,54,58

Ball: Titleist Pro V1, 1X, Vice Pro Plus or anything I find that day and try out for the fun of it (I haven't bought balls with my own money in at least 10 years)

https://youtu.be/w0-phkey6uo

I had my first round with the Bridgestone RX Mind Set on Sunday. At first, I wasn't sure about the mind set image and how it increased focus. I typically use a line on my ball for aiming both on putts and off the tee. So, what was I gaining by this image? Well after a few tee shots and putts maybe there is something to it. I made some longer putts than I normally would and if I took chances by hitting a tee shot right down the edge of a tree line to get in the best position on a dog leg it went right where I wanted on multiple occasions. I'm not talking about a general direction either. If I aimed two feet from the edge of a pine tree it flew two feet from the edge of the pine tree. I was considering it a fluke, but it happened a couple of times. 

The balls distance was good and was comparable to other high-end balls. The stopping power was a little less than I normally see but well within the playability range. I have some more testing to do. This is just a fresh out of the box and put in play summary from one round.   

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

1 minute ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

I had my first round with the Bridgestone RX Mind Set on Sunday. At first, I wasn't sure about the mind set image and how it increased focus. I typically use a line on my ball for aiming both on putts and off the tee. So, what was I gaining by this image? Well after a few tee shots and putts maybe there is something to it. I made some longer putts than I normally would and if I took chances by hitting a tee shot right down the edge of a tree line to get in the best position on a dog leg it went right where I wanted on multiple occasions. I'm not talking about a general direction either. If I aimed two feet from the edge of a pine tree it flew two feet from the edge of the pine tree. I was considering it a fluke, but it happened a couple of times. 

The balls distance was good and was comparable to other high-end balls. The stopping power was a little less than I normally see but well within the playability range. I have some more testing to do. This is just a fresh out of the box and put in play summary from one round.   

Love it - I have to think the mindset logo design was intentional in many ways.  What would you compare the ball characteristics to? Honestly have never really gamed a Bridgestone (at least the higher end balls) so I'm curious how / why you chose the RX.

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge/Testing Bag (Link Here)

Driver: image.png.ca83f4e6716da9276cf90826f633daca.png Paradym with Ventus TR Blue 60 Stiff

Fairways:  image.png.c4f821ba6925e5e146c31600685bf103.png Aerojet Max 3W & 7W with Hzrdus Smoke Blue RDX 70 Stiff

Hybrid:  image.png.c21137d282a252fb544e47aceb520176.png King TEC 5H with KBS PGI 95 Stiff

Irons:  image.png.6621a18e06b1717c1f774c4a561fd7d8.png Forged TEC 5-GW with KBS Tour Lite Stiff

Wedges:  image.png.ca83f4e6716da9276cf90826f633daca.png Jaws Raw Plasma 54 & 58

Putter:  image.png.c8e6824d2c38fa85d20ca21913fbb2b1.pngPhantom X 5.5

Ball: 2023 Maxfli Tour

Other Reviews:

Callaway Paradym

Titleist White Box Testing (2023)

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

44 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

Video won't play for me, says private.

But glad you enjoyed using it. I was more focused on ingraining the mindset portion. Thursday I will be working the short game process.

39 minutes ago, CFreddie said:

Love it - I have to think the mindset logo design was intentional in many ways.  What would you compare the ball characteristics to? Honestly have never really gamed a Bridgestone (at least the higher end balls) so I'm curious how / why you chose the RX.

I want to say reminded me alot of the AVX ball, maybe even a Tour response, TM soft response, or Wilson duo soft.

1st run -  Took the Bridgestones Tour BRX for their first run…along with Snell MTB+…It did not start well, hole one is a tee shot over water - promptly dunked one brand new ball, did the same with the Snell…two balls down (brought only one sleeve of each).  First impressions - love the Mindset reminder; the feel of the ball off the driver is “soft” whereas the Snell is more “crisp”; wear through the round was nearly non-existent, and the ball found sand, a few pine limbs, edge of wedges; putting wise the ball reminds me of the way a SuperSoft feels - very muted.  After a couple of holes I began to really enjoy how the ball came off the clubs (driver, fairway, hybrid, irons, wedges).  I honestly believe that ball has a “flag magnet” in it / on three different holes I was pitching in the green and the TourB RX hit the flagstick…I’ve never hit the flagstick that many times in a round.  Back to initial impressions - the ball was none the worse for major wear whereas the Snell had some dings: IMG_7918.jpeg.fef7c5b78f6fa2f1ccb423ae9f4cd40b.jpeg

Note: the “well worn” ProV1 played head to head with these new boys…especially on the greens that has been recently top dressed and were sandy and none holding for the balls….

IMG_7919.jpeg.e8a2d85aad7c63cc9c54f7cc09297996.jpeg

This was the extent of the “wear” on the Bridgestone…more to come….

WITB? Ping G400 SFT w/Aldila Mamba shaft R flex; Ping G410 3w; Ping G400 3h(19), 4h(22), 5h(26); TaylorMade SLDR 5i (interchanges w/5h)-PW -stock graphite shafts Rflex; INDI FLX-S wedges (50, 54, 58) w/Recoil graphite shafts -Rflex and Odyssey AI-One 7T BD Milled (aka Millie), ball choice tends to be Pro-V1 or simliar 3pc urethane balls. 

5 hours ago, CFreddie said:

The RX has a softer feel but not as soft as the RX S. It also keeps up in the distance portion which is key as you get older. It is also designed for the under 105 swing speed.

I play the Maxfli Tour or the Titleist AVX normally and I felt this model would be similar.

So far so good. I have not played Bridgestone until this year. My course sells a lot of them and I find them all over the course so I played a few models. I thought the e12 wasn't bad. The different dimple pattern gave you more surface contact for greenside spin but was still delivering straight distance. 

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

4 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

The RX has a softer feel but not as soft as the RX S. It also keeps up in the distance portion which is key as you get older. It is also designed for the under 105 swing speed.

I play the Maxfli Tour or the Titleist AVX normally and I felt this model would be similar.

So far so good. I have not played Bridgestone until this year. My course sells a lot of them and I find them all over the course so I played a few models. I thought the e12 wasn't bad. The different dimple pattern gave you more surface contact for greenside spin but was still delivering straight distance. 

Thanks @Tom the Golf Nut - I've tried the e12 as well...not bad for a lower cost ball. 

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge/Testing Bag (Link Here)

Driver: image.png.ca83f4e6716da9276cf90826f633daca.png Paradym with Ventus TR Blue 60 Stiff

Fairways:  image.png.c4f821ba6925e5e146c31600685bf103.png Aerojet Max 3W & 7W with Hzrdus Smoke Blue RDX 70 Stiff

Hybrid:  image.png.c21137d282a252fb544e47aceb520176.png King TEC 5H with KBS PGI 95 Stiff

Irons:  image.png.6621a18e06b1717c1f774c4a561fd7d8.png Forged TEC 5-GW with KBS Tour Lite Stiff

Wedges:  image.png.ca83f4e6716da9276cf90826f633daca.png Jaws Raw Plasma 54 & 58

Putter:  image.png.c8e6824d2c38fa85d20ca21913fbb2b1.pngPhantom X 5.5

Ball: 2023 Maxfli Tour

Other Reviews:

Callaway Paradym

Titleist White Box Testing (2023)

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

FIRST ROUND WITH BRIDGESTONE RX MINDSET BALL! 

I played a quick 9 during lunch break with the mindset balls! First impression, driver of tee couldn’t have been straighter! I typically play a strong fade but today was dead straight, slight fade or slight draw. I didn’t have to over compensate with my aim at all and had complete confidence looking at that little green dot. I noticed my approach shot were MUCH better contact and I really tried putting into practice the mind set routine (identify target, visualize shot shape, focus). Putting was hard to tell due to greens being really wet from recent rain, but overall I can tell the ball rolls end over end. The feel is great and I had no trouble rolling 300+ yards even with the RX model. I plan on doing a more in-depth analysis on my Garmin Approach R10 with some data but first impressions are promising! 

also, played one ball the entire round! Still have all 12 balls! 😂

Thanks,

Evan Suddeth PT, DPT, CSCS, TPI

Well, I was able to get out this morning. The weather, oh the weather. Here in the upstate in South Carolina it has been crazy. Started out sunny, but before the end of the first hole the wind showed up, it changed everything. I was curious to see if the mindset ball would help with keeping me attentive to the changing conditions. I can honestly say it did. More than ever I was watching the top of the trees for wind direction and gusts. I did lose a ball into a water hazard on 4, but was able to finish the last 14 holes with one ball.

Lately, especially today, I did not drive the ball well. I found a few tree trunks and fairway bunkers. Below is a picture at the end of the round. The ball definitely took a beating and the urethane mantel was cut, But I was determined to play out the last coupe of holes with this ball. It held up just fine. 

IMG_1885.jpeg

IMG_1888.jpeg

Ping Tein 4 putter

blessed beyond measure. 

Apr 19 update - Today was the Bridgestone TourB RX's  first "solo" round (only played that ball today) as I wanted to have a solid round where I truly focus on the ball and what is happening with it.  I played in our Friday Men's group and was teamed up with a couple of regulars.  We started off the back nine, so we are starting on the toughest hole on the back.  My drive is a fade push that hits the cart path and this happens....Bridgestoneballtest4-19-244.jpg.89e52b2c5a56e803a09e5df12d57e0a9.jpg 

First thought was to go ahead and bench it and put a brand new fresh ball in play, instead I opt to see  how much "more" damage would incur through a full 18 holes (pending I don't send it on a forever "hike in the woods" or a "deep dive in the pond").  So how did this all shake out....It's the first time in a while where I literally played the same ball on every stroke (all 82) on every hole (all 18) from the middle of the fairway to the rough (among the Carolina pines) - did avoid the sand though.  (photos) 

thoughts from today: 

• Drives: I was thoroughly pleased throughout the day as the ball came off the club like a rocket.  I managed 8 of 14 fairways and even the misses where nearby.  The ball just feels good, smooth and explosive.  I am reminded of a ProV1 in terms of sound and feel but not as "solid" as a PV1x.  That is a major tick "YES" for me.  (Side bar - I have always liked how the few Bridgestones I've played have come off the driver, this ball just reinforced it even more).  The RX is built to enhance distance and I was consistently long for me all day with drives - whether driver, 3w, 5h or irons.  Using the Mindset process reinforces my own process (more on this later)
  • Fairway (3w): Much like driver, it was solid and sweet feeling off the tee as well as the fairway.  One thing I like is Mthat even when you don't see the Mindset reminder, its already in your head.  
  • Hybrid (3h, 4h, 5h): This is where the ball really begins to shine for my game as I sensed I could trust the distance would be there.  Thoughout the round the ball consistently came off the club and flew flawlessly to its target zone (even with that 1st hole asphalt scuff).   
  • Irons: The ball just flew off the club (except for those two or three super thins we won't talk about).  I was getting about 5-10 yds of extra carry today, even into the wind.  So, where I was thinking I was short the ball was coming in nicely.  The ball stuck the landing, not pro-level stops, but it was hitting on firmish greens and still rolling to about no more than 10' past.  The ball was delivering. 
  • Wedges (Indi 50, 54, 58):  This is where I began to really think, "this may be my new ball".  I had several opportunites to get up and down.  The ball came off the wedges with decent spin and release that made it less stressful wedge play around the greens.  While I stayed out of the bunkers, I had some great up and downs, including one with the 58 that finished 6" from the hole for tap in par....Again the "feel" of the ball coming off the face was buttery (I know that word is used way too often), but still when you can trust the ball to do what you envision it raising the game play to a new level
  • Putting (Odyssey AI Milled 7 DB "Millie"): This is where I really enjoyed the Mindset process as I was able to roll one hole using the "Mindset logo" and then the traditional alignment line.  Coming off the putter face the ball just has that confident smooth roll.  In fact an number of times my playing partners commented how smooth the putt was.  I noticed how little the ball skipped on its way to the cup.  Time and time again, I almost instinctively knew where the ball would roll.  
  • Mindset technology:  I have to admit I felt like I needed to channel Jason Day (when watching the Masters in the early rounds, I knew what he was doing when he would close his eyes right before making his swing).  Not quite that much, but still I would pick a small target in the distance, think about how the shot should go and then focus on contacting the ball.  Over and over again the process kept me out of trouble. 
  • Durability: With a full round under the belt just how the ball fare?  If it looks like a well worn range ball or shag ball after one round is it worth the expense?  Here's some end of the round photos for the sleeve I took out today.  Bridgestoneballtest-4-19-241.jpg.caa4627b86fb944f0741d08e93b1b8c0.jpgBridgestoneballtest4-19-243.jpg.cafb2d6b8a8ba10a12693c6647503172.jpg 
  • As you can see, two of the balls look brand new - because they are!  Never been hit!  The scuffed ball only had one small blemish elsewhere  Bridgestoneballtest4-19-242.jpg.8c1b3828d412560f6b1d8c6572d3b2b5.jpg

(it could have been from a limb I hit on a punch out) - still the ball looks great and played solid for all 18 holes.  

Conclusions:  The ball impressed me not only for its durability but overall distance, stopping power and feel.  This ball is well worth a look if one is looking for a new ball.  The Mindset process is well worth adding to one's preshot routine as I found it more mind clearing that anything else.   

Edited by Willie T

WITB? Ping G400 SFT w/Aldila Mamba shaft R flex; Ping G410 3w; Ping G400 3h(19), 4h(22), 5h(26); TaylorMade SLDR 5i (interchanges w/5h)-PW -stock graphite shafts Rflex; INDI FLX-S wedges (50, 54, 58) w/Recoil graphite shafts -Rflex and Odyssey AI-One 7T BD Milled (aka Millie), ball choice tends to be Pro-V1 or simliar 3pc urethane balls. 

Today I focused mostly on distance. comparing to the vice pro ball, I had several of each shot off the tees pass each other. The most dramatic was about 25 yards past rhe mindset ball. But I believe I can determine that ot was where they landed that caused rhe shortage. Bridgestone went slightly left and caught a hill then turned towards fairway,  the vice was pure fairway and rollout.

I'm also ashamed to say that I lost the ball I've been using on all the videos. Hole 7 has a tree sticking out from the right. I tried to drive it off the tee low to clear the bottom branch and give me the best approach shot possible to the green. It almost made it, but then I heard clack, thank, and rustling sounds.  The ground brush at the edge is filled with thorned vines and fallen debris.  No way to recover it, as I wanted to get a picture after impact to see the damage.

I finished off with the vice pro.

One thing to note, even though I was driving 2 balls, I only played the mindset one for scoring purposes. Any secondary shots with the vice was for pure testing.

Also, on the lofted wedge shots, the vice would stop and hop, where as the Bridgestone B RX would hop and roll out. I also noticed this this morning when practicing pitch and chip shots.

If anyone wants me to test the B RX mindset against any other ball, I have access to almost any make.

Also, shot a pb on 9 holes with a 38!!!

Heres a Short compilation...

Anyone know if theses balls have swing speed recommendations like the other BS (lol) balls? And do they use the driver swing speed for that "guideline" which I've heard is kinda pointless anyway

Nike Vapor Fly Driver, Covert Tour 3W, Covert 5W

Cobra Radspeed 4H, King F7 5-G, Nike Wedges 56/60

Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2

4 minutes ago, avrgejedimaster said:

Anyone know if theses balls have swing speed recommendations like the other BS (lol) balls? And do they use the driver swing speed for that "guideline" which I've heard is kinda pointless anyway

They sent me the RX Mindset which is labeled for those with driver swing speed under 105. Of course I could add another 20 mph and still be under 105.

Obsessed with chasing the dimpled orb.

More about me:  WITB type stuff

Fit For Golf tester 2024