2024 PGA Contest by MyClubFitter and My Golf Spy ×

What Is Your Next Planned Golf Equipment Purchase?

On 4/10/2024 at 8:42 AM, Zman56 said:

I plan to buy new golf shoes this year.  I walk the courses so I’m looking for comfortable, stylish golf shoes.  What have people found to be the most comfortable shoes.  Also limited budget…

Take a look at FootJoy traditions.  Very stable, wide toe box and most important for walkers, light weight.  They come in spiked and spikeless.  Spiked have more color options.  footjoy.com   

Driver - TSi3 10.75* - Fujikura Speeder 661 TR

Fairway - TSi2 14.25* - Fujikura Motore Speeder VC 6.1 

Fairway - TSR1 17.0* - Fujikura Vista Pro 65S

Hybrid - TSR1 19.0* - Fujikura Atmos Red Tour 75  

Hybrid - TSR1 23.0* - Fujikura Atmos Red Tour 75

Irons - T350 (2023) - 5-48W - True Temper AMT Red 95g-107g

Wedges - Vokey SM9 - 52.08F, 56.10S, 58.08M 

**  GolfPride MCC +4 Midsize Grips  (all woods/irons/wedges)

Putter - 2023 Scotty Cameron Super Select Squareback 2 35" 

**  Superstroke 1.0 Pistol Grip  

Golf Ball - TITLEIST - Prov1 (2023)                                                         

Golf Bags - TITLEIST  - Cart 14 (black), Mid Size Tour (black/white)

Golf Glove - FootJoy (StaSof), Shoes, Apparel and Outerwear        

Rangefinder - Bushnell Pro XE

Will be looking at SM10 wedges.  Just got a T350 five iron in this week.  Can rotate 5i with 23* hybrid depending on course.   

Driver - TSi3 10.75* - Fujikura Speeder 661 TR

Fairway - TSi2 14.25* - Fujikura Motore Speeder VC 6.1 

Fairway - TSR1 17.0* - Fujikura Vista Pro 65S

Hybrid - TSR1 19.0* - Fujikura Atmos Red Tour 75  

Hybrid - TSR1 23.0* - Fujikura Atmos Red Tour 75

Irons - T350 (2023) - 5-48W - True Temper AMT Red 95g-107g

Wedges - Vokey SM9 - 52.08F, 56.10S, 58.08M 

**  GolfPride MCC +4 Midsize Grips  (all woods/irons/wedges)

Putter - 2023 Scotty Cameron Super Select Squareback 2 35" 

**  Superstroke 1.0 Pistol Grip  

Golf Ball - TITLEIST - Prov1 (2023)                                                         

Golf Bags - TITLEIST  - Cart 14 (black), Mid Size Tour (black/white)

Golf Glove - FootJoy (StaSof), Shoes, Apparel and Outerwear        

Rangefinder - Bushnell Pro XE

11 minutes ago, Kurazawa said:

I'm thinking on getting fitted for a driver.  I've just purchased t-200 irons, but still using the Rouge driver.  Hitting well but interested in the tsr2.

I just got fitted for the TSR2 Driver and 3 wood and I love them. 

D -TSR2

3 wood - TSR2

Apex tour 22 irons

Mixture of wedges

Odyssey putter

I’m always buying golf shoes, new gloves, and basic gear (kinda an addict) Big purchases will be a wedge fitting for SM10’s and possibly a Driver and Wood fitting since I’m on Ping 425’s, may wait till next year for that though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mizuno fan

Golf balls is an easy answer. Im still trying to narrow down what ball I like best. 

Clubs due for replacement are 3 wood, 4 hybrid and 60 degree wedge. 

12 handicap 

I'm planning on buying either a LAB putter, or some new irons/iron heads. 

Nothing wrong with my current irons, I'm just bored 😁

I think early to mid August is when I'm going to do that. 

Driver - Callaway ParadymX

3, 5, 7 woods - Callaway ParadymX

Irons - Callaway ParadymX 

Wedges - Jaws RAW 54°, 58°

Putter - Odyssey Tri-Hot 5k Seven DB

Ball - Chrome Soft X LS

18 minutes ago, davidhibler said:

I'm planning on buying either a LAB putter, or some new irons/iron heads. 

Nothing wrong with my current irons, I'm just bored 😁

I think early to mid August is when I'm going to do that. 

Bored is something that ends up costing you money.  I'm looking at some irons for my cabin bag.  I'm rationalizing that my son is using my old TE HL4's, so I "need" something for me up there.    

But you should totally do a new putter AND irons.  😉

:callaway-small:Paradym driver

:callaway-small:Paradym X 3HL

:callaway-small:Paradym 7w

Maltby KE4 Tour TC 5 Hybrid

:callaway-small:Paradym irons 6-AW

:callaway-small:Jaws Raw 54*, 58*

:odyssey-small: Versa 3T

1 minute ago, MN_Hacker said:

Bored is something that ends up costing you money.  I'm looking at some irons for my cabin bag.  I'm rationalizing that my son is using my old TE HL4's, so I "need" something for me up there.    

But you should totally do a new putter AND irons.  😉

I like the way you think!

Driver - Callaway ParadymX

3, 5, 7 woods - Callaway ParadymX

Irons - Callaway ParadymX 

Wedges - Jaws RAW 54°, 58°

Putter - Odyssey Tri-Hot 5k Seven DB

Ball - Chrome Soft X LS

Don't have a need for my sticks, gloves, shoes, etc. but was thinking about the Hack Motion swing aid. If anyone has there thoughts on this as a training tool, would love to hear it.

Sub70 putter, Taylormade wedges, Callaway Rogue ST Pro irons, and Ping drive and hybrids

I have a Titleist fitting scheduled for this Weds.  April 17th, I plan on looking to replace my old 3 wood and maybe a 5 hybrid. Either way Im keeping my options open as my old 3 wood is my most dependable club in my bag.  I'm looking to replace it mostly for the distance a newer one would provide.

Mountain golfer

New Jordan 1 lows launch today in about 30 minutes. Definitely grabbing myself a pair! I have the Black, Blue, and White ones and love them. Extremely comfortable and 0 issues with grip. Link to the new drop today is below.

IMG_1096.webp

I've actually had a hole in one!

Got a new bag this winter and that's about it. Clubs, shoes, balls are set and I don't anticipate any changes this year. The only thing I'm thinking about is a new driver head cover.

02cobleseermen1111111101__52525.16957542

:cobra-small: Aerojet LS 9° / Brava BGT SE F/4
:taylormade-small: Stealth FW 5 / TPT 16 MK/MT/SW
:taylormade-small: M3 3/19° Rescue / Fujikura Ventus Red 7-S
:ping-small: iCrossover 4 / :accra: Fx200H M4
:srixon-small: Srixon ZX7 (5-AW) - :Nippon: ProModus3 Tour 120
:mizuno-small:  T20 56° & 60°/ :Nippon: ProModus3 Tour 125 Wedge
Royal GRIP V Sand Wrap
L.A.B. MEZZ.1 / L.A.B. :accra:
:bridgestone-small: Tour BX

Ready to buy new irons after hitting P790's for the past 5 years!  No clue what to buy with so many great choices out there.  I think I might just rely on the fitter and their numbers!  

My next purchase is going to be a driver.  

A friend let me hit the AI Smoke he was demoing, and it was okay. I also hit the Stealth, and I like it, but not enough to spend $400+.

I like my Cobra, so I will start there and try Ping drivers next.

Alan K

Literally just bought Payntr 003F shoes -- love them already. Comfortable, seem easy to wipe clean. Looking forward to this rain going away, so we can head out more regularly!

I’m Jennifer, Buffalonian and mother of two girls. I’ve been golfing since I was three, since my mom needed a golf partner. Fell in love with the game growing up, but unfortunately, took a break to raise our young family. As our oldest daughter is learning to love golf, she has inspired me to pick up my clubs and get back out there. 

Whole new set of clubs. I’ve been to a couple of fittings and it’s driving me nuts what to buy. I got fitted for ping 730s or AI Smoke HL irons. I think I was just swinging better on the day I tried the smokes but the first few good swings I had with the ping were really nice so now it’s a matter of which one do I like more. Seems like every time I go to demo I swing worse and worse. Also going to a driver fitting and will be getting some DTC wedges and a used hybrid. Also buying golf shoes for the first time. Rip wallet.

Saw a lightly used TSR3 driver at my local golf store. Has the shaft I play on my current driver and seems to be fairly priced. I’ll probably dump the pxg and pick that up.

DR: 0311 Gen5

3w: Tsr3

3H: TSR3

Irons: z-forged blades

Wedges 52/56/60 CG1s

Putter: Newport Super Select

Recent purchases were a 3-Hybrid and a new golf bag.

Next up is a putter! Not really sure where to go with this one. My brain says mallet but my heart wants a blade. I'm leaning towards a wide blade, like the Mizuno IV, or Evnroll EV2.

Driver - Titleist 913 D2 (9.5) | 3-Wood - Titleist 915 D2 (15) | 3-Hybrid - Maltby KE4 Tour TC (19) | 4I-PW - Snake -Eyes 685X Forged (24-47) | GW - Maltby TSW (50) | SW, LW - Cleveland RTX 4 (56, 60) | Putter - Odyssey White Hot #9 

Interesting that this topic came up since I have a fitting scheduled next week for the PING G730 irons.  If this works out, I will be selling my Mizuno JPX-721 hot metal irons, 5-PW, GW & SW, with SST Pured KBS Tour Graphite TGI-60 shafts.  Grips are Golf Pride CP2 wrap.  Always looking for better stuff.

18A751BA-9D76-4A69-8E0F-398EE94B7054.jpeg

Driver,  maybe fairways woods or hybrids.  Woods and drivers are about 7 yeas old.

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha Fusion

3wood: Titleist 917F

5 wood: Titleist 917F

irons Titleist T350 5-pe

hybrids Taylormade 4 

wedges: Titleist SM8 50/54/58

putter: Scotty Cameron Newport slotback

My wife bought me a putter fitting and a Scotty Cameron putter as a pre-retirement/birthday gift. 'Im crappy at golf, but I wanted it 🙂

I also bought a replacement set of brushes for my frogger brush.

Good week.

Titleist TSR2 Driver, Taylaor Made M5-3w, M6-3H,4H, Sim2 5-PW, Vokey SM9  50,54, 58 

I’m looking at some new wedges.  Has anyone done the Titleist short game clinic and fitting?  

From the website it’s $299 CDN, you get 4 hours of instruction and a fitted SM10 wedge ($260 CDN).  Something a little different to promote their clubs.  

Be kind to everyone, they might be the next person giving you a gimmie.

Planning to go to the local Golf Exchange store to pick out an “in between” wedge. Currently have 58 degree Callaway Jaws Raw. Looking for something around 52 degree. Would have considered the Sub70 wedges that were on sale last week, but did not see the post in time.

Ted Tedeschi

Been considering replacing my 3-wheel bag boy push cart. I think it is maybe 10-12 years old or more, I've had it what seem like forever... I spent a few minutes perusing 4-wheel carts, not sure if I want to go that route but, maybe. The biggest challenge with my current push cart is that it has velcro straps that are pretty much worn out and don't hold all that great... Those of you with 4-wheel carts - Yay or Nay? Anyone go from a 3-wheel to a 4-wheel cart? Opinions? I did read the MGS article review, but am curious what actual users have experienced.

Driver: Titleist TSR3 9* | H2 track setting | C4 hosel setting | Fujikura Ventus TR Black 6X

3 wood: Titleist TSi3 15* | T track setting | B4 hosel setting | Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 7X

5 wood: Titleist TSR2 18* | C4 hosel setting | Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 8S

Hybrid: Titleist TSR2 21* | B1 hosel setting | Fujikura Ventus HB Blue 9X

Irons: Titleist T100 Black | 5-P | True Temper AMT Tour White X100

Wedges: Vokey SM9 Jet Black | 50.08F, 54.12D, 58.08M | True Temper AMT Tour White S300

Putter: Scotty Cameron Champions Choice Button Back Newport 2.5+