Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

SMHGOLF's WITB

SMHGOLF's WITB

bag.JPG

bagtag.JPG

There have been a few requests for a look into my personal set of gamers, so here's a look at the most current lineup this past week at the Symetra Tour's season opening event at Longbow CC this past weekend.

The Putter

putter.JPG

putter3.JPG

putter2.JPG

Most clubs in my bag I am willing to change and test out the latest and greatest, but my putter has never been one of them. I've had a Scotty Cameron Newport 2 putter for over 10 years now. Like all golfers, I've had my share of bad weeks with the flat stick and would go through a few weeks of experimenting with other putters, but consistent as gravity, i'd always come full circle back to my Newport 2. I've also putted left-hand low since I was 7 years old, and have never even thought to change my grip.

My current gamer is a 33" Studio Select Newport 2. When KJ Choi won the AT&T in 2007 with a SuperStroke Grip I thought it was the most ridiculous looking grip anyone could put on their putter. Fast forward five years to one of my worst putting seasons, and I decided to take drastic measures and put one of those fatty pieces of foam on my putter. Almost a year later, that grip is still on my putter and don't foresee it being replaced any time soon.

The Wedges

wedges.JPG

I've played with Scratch Golf wedges since 2010. Once the groove rule changed that year, I went through a phase of constant trial and error trying to find a set of wedges that I could actually get to spin and react the way I wanted to around the greens. I was introduced to Scratch through my fiance who knew about Scratch through a friend of his that helped start-up the company. I ordered a custom set of 60 and 54 degree wedges from them and the first day I hit them, I couldn't believe how well they reacted around the greens. My current set is a 60 and 54 (marked 53) degree wedge with lightweight Nippon shafts. The "Speedy" that is stamped on them is because it was my nickname in college. I wasn't a slow player by any means, but I had a pretty consistent walking pace while playing golf. Since I was a shorter hitter compared to the other girls on my team, I was usually the first one that had to hit in the fairways. When I was still walking to my ball while they were already up at theirs, sometimes they would yell back "Hurry Up Speedy" so i'd walk a little quicker to my ball. I've picked up my walking speed quite a bit since then, but the nickname has lived on!

The Irons

pingirons.JPG

I can count on more than one hand how many sets of irons i've gone through since I finished college in 2010. I was living out in Arizona last Winter and since I lived 10 minutes away from Ping headquarters, decided it might be worth it to go get fit for some of their 2012 equipment. I fell in love with the Ping I20s and have kept them in the bag for almost a full year. I currently have a gap wedge-5 iron set in play, all with Nippon shafts.

The Woods

woods.JPG

hybrids.JPG

I have a RBZ Tour 3 & 4 Hybrid with Accra Dymatch 2.0 shafts. My Daphne's monkey and hedgehog headcovers keep them protected.

3 wood.JPG

3 wood shaft.JPG

I play the Ping G20 three wood, which I also put in the bag when I was fit for the I20 irons. The shaft is a Matrix Rul 60, which I hit at least 10 yards further than any other three wood i've tried, including the RBZ!!

The Big Dog

driver.JPG

drivershaft.JPG

My driver is the 9 degree RBZ Tour with the Accra M3 55+ in neon pink. You can't miss it! I am in love with this Accra/RBZ combo in both my hybrids and my driver, which I was fit for at Cool Clubs last March.

What's IN the bag?

Bagitems.JPG

My essentials for this week included sunscreen, three Loudmouth gloves (one for each round), a blue sharpie & line-em-up to line up my putts, my bushnell rangefinder with slope to dial down my yardages during practice rounds and record them in the yardage book, hand warmers, golf4her promo cards, a fresh sleeve of titleist pro-v1's, and my frogger brush to keep my grooves spotless.

I love the bag and the explanation of all the clubs. It does look like you have 40 pounds of head covers.

:ping-small: G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small: G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small: G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:ping-small: G425 4H on :kbs: TGH 80S 

:ping-small: i525 5-U on :kbs: TGI 90S 

:titleist-small: SM8 54 & 60 on :kbs: Wedge 

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

Great bag thanks for sharing.

MY BAG-

Driver- Taylormade SLDR 12* (Speeder 7.2vc tour spec S)

3 Wood- Taylormade R11(bimatrix prototype S)

3 Hybrid- Ping I20(stock S)

Irons-Taylormade Tour Perferred MC ( C Taper S)

Wedges- 50, 54, and 58 SCOR4161( KBS)

Putter-Taylormade Ghost Corza.

All Left Handed!

Great setup! I like the wedges, especially the grind on the 60. Sure you couldn't use a few more head covers? :P Thought E.T.'s head might be mixed in there somewhere!!! Just kidding. Good story for the nickname. I got the nickname Spanky after walking in the office with a cap on that goes under a welding helmet. One of the guys started laughing and called me Spanky from the Little Rascals and made sure it stuck.

Oh, meant to ask about the putter grip. I'm about to try one. Since you said it's staying on, I take it that it's better for you.

Great bag, love the scratch wedges! I've got a couple of them and they're great feeling.

Good luck out there.

Driver: TaylorMade R9 9.5* with a Diamana Kai'li 70 S shaft

Fairway: TaylorMade R9 TP 13* with Graphite Design Tour AD YSQ-st X flex

UtilityWilson Staff FYbrid 19.5* Aldila RIP Sigma Stiff

Irons: Wilson Staff FG Tour V2 KBS Tour X flex 4-pw (soft-stepped)

Wedges: Wilson Staff FG Tour TC 50* (standard grind, bent to 51*) TT DG Spinner, 56* and 60* (tour grinds, bent to 55* and 59*) Dynamic Gold Wedge flex

Putter: Yes! Abbie Tour Forged Pro Series 33" 

Ball: Wilson Staff FG Tour, Maxfli U4

Bag: Wilson Staff NeXus 100th Anniversary carry bag

Backup Irons: Wilson Staff FG-17 Tour Blades with TT Dynamic Stiff 3-PW

Backup Utility: Mizuno MP-H4 2 iron TT Dynamic Gold R300

Backup Putter: Pro Gear CG 100 33" (Pro Gear is what turned into Yes!)

Thought E.T.'s head might be mixed in there somewhere!!!

I thought she might have had the head of Oliver Cromwell in there but it looks like a zoo.

My nickname at the club is Big Rick. We have several Rick's and they are Big Rick, little Rick, Bon Jovi, Ricky Bobby, RJ, and the other Rick . And the rest are known by last names. Last weel this guy I have been playing with a few times a week since 2007 asked me what my last name was. I said "Rick". He said, rather surprised, "oh, I thought that was your first name, what is it?" I said "Big". 😆 He laughed and said that no one seemed to know my last name. I told him when in doubt ask the bartenders. They know everyone.

We also have several Mikes and they all have nicknames.

I am also known by "Ricky Bobby"' by some guys.

:ping-small: G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small: G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small: G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:ping-small: G425 4H on :kbs: TGH 80S 

:ping-small: i525 5-U on :kbs: TGI 90S 

:titleist-small: SM8 54 & 60 on :kbs: Wedge 

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

Archived