Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Birdie Drugs?

jmwils81

Chris Kirk shot the lowest round of the week -- 62 -- at the Hyundai Tournament of Champions on Monday. He was a machine. So much of a machine, in fact, that the PGA Tour decided it best cover its bases and give him a quick drug test......

With the Olympics starting to ramp up more and more, how many of these do you think we will see this year? I think when we start seeing Bubba driving par 5's we should start testing. 

If there are any PED's out there that produce a birdie barrage then as an amateur sign me up! 

**May the fade be with you**

Driver - :taylormade-small:  SLDR 9.5 Paderson KINETIXx IMRT Green Stiff / 255 cpm
Fairway Wood - :titelist-small:  910F 3 wood
Hybrids - :callaway-small:  Big Bertha Diablo 21deg
Irons - :titelist-small:  710 AP2 4-PW Standard Lie/Flex
Wedges - :taylormade-small:  XFT 50, 54, 60
Putter - :cameron-small:  California Monterey
Ball - :wilson_staff_small:  FG Tour

Drugs will enhance your golf game, but has the oppsite effect on mens private parts. It's up to you.

Mark Broadie says that distance matters. Being long of the tee is more important than we thought. Have you seen any big guys in those long drive competitions? 

Do you ever get tired when practicing or playing? What if you never got tired? You could just keep hitting the ball without any difference in motions because your body was 100% all the time. 

The biggest concern in golf though is recovery from injury. Tigers dealings with a drug doctor is well known.

If golf wants to be part of the olympic family they have to adhere to the system.

The whole PED thing in "professional" sports is taken too far, IMO. If you make a living from playing professional sports of any kind, you need your body to be as good as it can be. I personally don't care if any professional athlete, no matter the sport, takes PED's. It's their body and their decision to take the chance down the road for their own well being.

I seriously doubt that there are any PED's that "dramatically" enhance performance. In golf, what would they accomplish? Swing speed? I doubt it. Putting accuracy? I seriously doubt it. Accuracy, period? I doubt it. Strength? yeah, probably. So what? Healing from an injury? Probably. Is that a bad thing? NO!

The key word/s here is: PROFESSIONAL ATHLETES. Not amatures. The whole thing is becoming ridiculous, IMO.

That is a great way to think of it. I had the mindset of first tee taking a pill or liquid and going out to shoot 58. Never getting tired would be a game changer. 

Driver - :taylormade-small:  SLDR 9.5 Paderson KINETIXx IMRT Green Stiff / 255 cpm

That is a great way to think of it. I had the mindset of first tee taking a pill or liquid and going out to shoot 58. Never getting tired would be a game changer. 

That's what coffee is for, isn't it?

What's In the Bag

Driver - :callaway-small: GBB 

Hybrids  :cleveland-small: Halo XL Halo 18* & :cobra-small: T-Rail 20*

Irons  :cobra-small: T-Rail 2.0

Wedges :ping-small: 60* TS / SCOR 48* 53* 58*

Putter     :scotty-small:

Ball :callaway-logo-1:

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

That's what coffee is for, isn't it?

I could be! I wouldn't want to be standing over a shifty 6 footer tweaked out on coffee though.....

I could be! I wouldn't want to be standing over a shifty 6 footer tweaked out on coffee though...

You get used to it ;)

What's In the Bag

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

I could be! I wouldn't want to be standing over a shifty 6 footer tweaked out on coffee though.....

You get used to it ;)

No, I wouldn't.  Adds 6 shots to my score.  Funny thing... 6 shots of whiskey lowers my score!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

No, I wouldn't.  Adds 6 shots to my score.  Funny thing... 6 shots of whiskey lowers my score!

I'm just the opposite! - lol

What's In the Bag

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

I play great between 6-12 beers, get over 12 and I start to decline rapidly.

With THAT many beers I would be looking for a tree on every hole. When I go to Chambers Bay, I will not be drinking beer! :lol:

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

With THAT many beers I would be looking for a tree on every hole. When I go to Chambers Bay, I will not be drinking beer! :lol:

With THAT many beers, I'd probably get lost in the trees!

What's In the Bag

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

Does drinking and driving relate to the cart or the tee box at that point?

Does drinking and driving relate to the cart or the tee box at that point?

For me, it would be both...

What's In the Bag

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

Well we were having this discussion elsewhere also.  It would be nice to combine the two.  I'm glad someone nailed the point that PED's are not magical potions for people who want to skip the work and collect the check - they are the opposite - they allow people who are driven to work harder, either to practice their game or get stronger in workouts or come back from injuries sooner.

Since coffee and booze were brought up it's fair to ask here - What's a PED?  Coffee is a stimulant - it will help you focus if the dose is right, if the dose is wrong it could hurt your game.  Booze, same sort of thing.  Studies have shown that many people will play better after 1-3 beers, once it goes over that though performance quickly falls off so dosing is key.  Of course as always Bones is the curve breaker. :)

I'd just assume that every sport adopt the Olympic standard of PED's - they've had the longest run working on it - just adopt that, test and leave us out of it.

For we Ams, your physician is out there to make health suggestions and recommendations and if your medical condition requires it you too may get into the act.  I suspect that many of us are regularly taking a medicine of some sort that would cause us to fail one of these tests without a doctor's note.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

"I suspect that many of us are regularly taking a medicine of some sort that would cause us to fail one of these tests without a doctor's note."

That's particularly true for those of us that are older.  Off the top of my head, I know I'm taking at least two.

What's In the Bag

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

I play great between 6-12 beers, get over 12 and I start to decline rapidly.

I've witnessed this first hand lol

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

Drugs will enhance your golf game, but has the oppsite effect on mens private parts. It's up to you.

Mark Broadie says that distance matters. Being long of the tee is more important than we thought. Have you seen any big guys in those long drive competitions? 

Do you ever get tired when practicing or playing? What if you never got tired? You could just keep hitting the ball without any difference in motions because your body was 100% all the time. 

The biggest concern in golf though is recovery from injury. Tigers dealings with a drug doctor is well known.

If golf wants to be part of the olympic family they have to adhere to the system.

Actually the shrinkage thing is a myth. Tesiticals can shrink but nothing else does. There are definite enhancers in golf. Adderol and other stimulants can help with concentration and steroids improve not only swing speed but muscle control and recovery. Trust me it helped baseball players a ton and golfers would be the same. I saw many a player be helped and it wasn't always The ones you expected.

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

The best PED for making more birdies is.... making birdies!! Make a couple or two in a row. Make a few on the front 9 and see how you feel.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Since golf is at least 90% mental, I don't think PED's do a damn thing for a golfer.

Dream on my friend. It certainly gives a professional athlete a mental edge to know he's in great shape, capable of ripping his drive 310 down the middle time after time. When the PED thing hit baseball everyone thought it was the hitters that benefitted, not pitchers, now we know it was everyone.

PEDs let the driven person out work his or her competition. Preparedness brings a mental edge.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Dream on my friend. It certainly gives a professional athlete a mental edge to know he's in great shape, capable of ripping his drive 310 down the middle time after time. When the PED thing hit baseball everyone thought it was the hitters that benefitted, not pitchers, now we know it was everyone.

PEDs let the driven person out work his or her competition. Preparedness brings a mental edge.

I promise they are beneficial. May not help in some aspects of the game(course management etc..) but how nice would it be to never get tired while practicing and get another 10-15 yards on shots?

I promise they are beneficial. May not help in some aspects of the game(course management etc..) but how nice would it be to never get tired while practicing and get another 10-15 yards on shots?

Do you know where the fountain of youth is located? I'd like me some.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

PlaidJacket -Well I manage fitness centers so I could prolly point you in the right direction via members I suspect(know) are taking them. Lol I had lots of teammates in college that took them. Its something that I'm very familiar with bc of both those things and my research and papers done on them in college. I was an clinical exercise physiology major(sports med).

In a sport that includes Kevin Stadler and Colt Knost in its professional ranks, I'm not so sure its all that beneficial to golf. "Preparedness?" Is that like killing it on the range and barfing on one's self on the course?

Golf is still a game that you needn't outwork your competition physically.

"Glute Activator"

*Please accept my contributions of participation and intellectual property sharing as substitute for monetary renumeration.

In a sport that includes Kevin Stadler and Colt Knost in its professional ranks, I'm not so sure its all that beneficial to golf. "Preparedness?" Is that like killing it on the range and barfing on one's self on the course?

Golf is still a game that you needn't outwork your competition physically.

Yes, but an old golf adage most attributed to Gary Player (but goes way back), "The harder you practice, the luckier you get."

You can play on tour, but to compete day in and day out these days, you need lots of preparation.

I'll tell you what Mr. Divots - I regularly practice this time of year at a range where folks are laboring away trying to make it on tour - I'm going to say your words out loud there and see what happens but I'm going to wear a disguise because I know exactly what will happen and I don't want people thinking that I said anything so ridiculous.

I like the say it out loud rule, you know, if you say it out loud the thing that is right in your own mind becomes .......

No doubt you'll take the contrary because that's your pattern but that's fine - it's a free country.  I'm sticking with Gary Player on this - BTW he's convince that there are guys on tours around the world that use PED's. 

I will write it again - those who do are cheaters, they are not lazy though.  And I believe that there are fewer in golf than other sports because golf does have a built in self policing aspect to it that is instilled from a very young age.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Archived