Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Hello from Texas!

Hi everyone!

My name is Nick, I am an engineering student at Texas A&M graduating in just a few weeks. Two months or so ago I stumbled upon MGS while googling for equipment reviews. The first review I read was comparing EVNRoll putters to the top performers in 2016's best of the best. The review claimed within the first few sentences that this putter was revolutionary - this being the only review I had ever seen on the sight, I was admittedly skeptical of the integrity of the reviews and testing. Don't worry, this impression was completely reversed within 20 minutes when I learned that calling a golf club revolutionary was not typical of MGS reviews. Then I became excited - maybe this could actually cut off a few strokes for me! I love the transparency of the testings, the experiment setups were planned well, and the conclusions were more objective than anything else I have found on the internet. To the creators of the great community, I say great job and thank you. I've come to this site at least once a day since then and finally decided to register.

A bit about my golf game - I only started about a year and a half ago, but have come an incredibly long way since then. I bought a complete set - it included a bag, SW-5i, 4h, 3w, 5w, driver for $400 - of Callaways from Costco. They were a Costco-specific edition that were great for starting out, not at all what you would expect from Callaway though. Now that I have some better irons (Mizuno JPX EZ) and a driver (2014 Cobra) I could never go back.

Anyways, to get my feet wet I signed up for the golf class at A&M - great decision, made the can't-even-get-through-a-round-that-bad phase go by quickly. The instruction was pretty good, but more importantly, it made me hit balls twice a week for an hour when I wasn't good enough for golf to even be fun yet. Sometimes I wish my dad got me started young (he used to play occasionally), but I doubt I had the patience for it then.

Although I was confident I would enjoy golf once I got a bit better, another factor that drove me to practice often was the advantages playing golf would probably bring in my career. I had an internship coming up and my goal was to be good enough to play with some of the co-workers should I have the opportunity. Fast-forward to my internship, and sure enough in just my second week, someone in our team dropped out of a charity event at the last second. I was probably the last person they could think of after calling everyone, but I got the call and rushed to meet them on the first hole. No time to warm up, and my coworkers had already hit their tee shots when I arrived and met them on the tee box. I thought it'd be best to stay away from the driver on hole 1 so I don't do something embarrassing, you know, like hit it into the woods. Nope, I topped that by a mile. I remember how nervous I was, my hands were even shaking a tiny bit as I took my back-swing; these were by far the best people I had ever played with and I wanted to do well so I would be invited back. I gave the swing everything I had, but there was one problem - the ball was still on the tee. They pretended like they didn't notice, and I told them what was going through my head and we had a good laugh about it later. I was still the worst one in the group, but that didn't seem to bother anyone and we had a good time. I ended playing with two of the guys every Friday after that at our local public course. 

I have one more story to tell, I think yal will like this one. One of my close friends, he shoots around 85, took me out to his club for a round. I didn't ever keep my score at that time because I hit too many balls out of play. We get to hole 4, a short 122 yard par-3. I get an 8 iron, hit one of my few pure shots of the day, and it drops on the front of the green before rolling down a small hill in the vicinity of the hole, which was not visible from the tee box. As we rode the cart up we were talking about my first potential birdy. But when we go next to the green, my ball wasn't there. There's water right next to the green, but i really didn't think the ball was rolling fast enough to go in. Could the ball possibly be in the hole? I hopped out and ran as fast as I could at the hole, and sure enough, that beautiful Titleist that I found with some sharply dots on it was sitting in the cup. I swear to god, I hit a hole in one before my first birdy. It would not hit my first birdy for another month and a half.

I was hooked to golf before the hole in one, but this took it to another level, and will probably cost me a lot of money for years to come. At the beginning of the semester I played 18 or more for something like 16 days straight. My buddy works at the campus course here so I usually play for free. I'm shooting between 95-100 right now, and steadily getting better each month. Golf is the defining hobby in my life now, my goal is to break 90 by the end of 2017, and I would love to be in the 70's by mid-career.

Sorry for the wordy intro, but that is my golf background in a nutshell. I want a new putter for Christmas, and hit all of the EVNRolls (the reason I drove 45 min, solely because of the MGS review) and others at a PGA Superstore a week ago. I liked the fell of them, but there were a few other that felt smoother and was more accurate with with my swing. Still, the idea of off-center hits not really affecting the shot is very appealing to me. I 3-putt at minimum twice a round on our campus course, sometimes more, though the greens are larger than most courses. The greens here are impressive for a campus course - fast, very well-kept, and lots of ridges and large breaks. Most of my 3-putts happen after a long first putt (obviously), and its usually from missing the sweet spot because I need to swing harder. It seems like the selling point of EVNRolls - unaffected by off-center hits - would benefit a golfer at my level even more than a veteran that makes consistent contact. 

Does anybody know when the user-test results will be in for EVNRolls? I check to see if they are posted just about every day. I'm trying to figure out what putter to get before Christmas. If anyone that is currently testing one could give me a quick summary of the experience, I would greatly appreciate it!

Glad to be a member of MGS now!

Here's a picture of my buddy and I after the hole in one. I'm in the blue s*** holding the ball:

Hole In 1.JPG

Welcome to the forum. Usually with testing the first impression will come in the next few days with an introduction to the tester and their game. Then they usually have about a 3 or 4 weeks to give it a real solid testing period. And then the follow up a few weeks after that to go over any final thoughts.

Chippewa Falls Wisconsin

10.3 Index

Right Handed

What's in the bag:

Driver: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour F5 8* Fujikura Speeder 757 Evolution Tour Spec X-flex, :ping-small: Anser 8*, Black Grafalloy Bi-Matrix X-Flex; :cobra-small: King LTD Pro Orange Grafalloy Bi-Matrix X-Flex

FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour F5 15* Fujikura Speeder 757 Evolution Tour Spec X-Flex :ping-small: Anse14*, Fujikura Speeder 757 US Open Edition , X-Stiff

Irons: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour V4 2 utility Iron, 3-PW, +0.25, 2* Upright, True Temper Dynamic Gold X-100

Wedges: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour PMP Gun Blue 52* bent to 51*, 56* True Temper Dynamic Gold X-100 Shafts

:edel-golf-1: E2 35", :wilson_staff_small: 8802 35.5", :ping-small: Scottsdale, Wolverine C 35" :ping-small: Anser Milled, Anser 2 34"

Welcome to MGS Nick great intro. Your love for the game really comes through.

Congrats on the Hole IN One. That's amazing.

I'm one of the EVNROLL testers. I'll come back later this morning with some early thoughts for you. Evershady is spot on the time line. Matter of fact Stage Ones are up right now and a few one should be added today or tomorrow.

The in-depth Stage Two will come in about two weeks I'm guessing after we get plenty of on course feedback. But a couple teasers for you.   The groove technology seems to work as advertised.  I have rolled about 100 putts on the putting green so far anywhere from 5 feet to 90 feet.  The distance control on all but the poorly struck shots was very consistent.   I'll have actual pictures of groupings and data in the Stage Two review from on course use.

In the meantime go to the forum test thread and fire away with any questions you have. I know we all want to give as much feedback as the forum wants to hear.

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Welcome aboard Nick and your intro was interesting.  Hole in one that early in your career is pretty sweet.  I had my first one the year I turned 60 and then another one followed a couple years later.  

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Howdy from San Antonio !!!   Hook Em Horns   :D

Driver:   :taylormade-small: M3 Tensei CK Pro Blue
3-Metal:: :callaway-small: GBB EPIC, FujiKura Pro Green

5-Metal:  :cobra-small: F-7, FujiKura Pro

Irons:   :mizuno-small: MP-18 SC, KBS Tour 120

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:   RTX-3  52 - 56 - 60
Putter:  EVN-Roll ER-5

Ball :  :bridgestone-small: Tour B XS

Range Finder:  Busnnell Tour-X,  Garmin S20 

Follow me:

@Hula_Rock

Welcome Nick, great intro.  Congrats on the HIO and I believe you will be shooting in the 80's before summer, you seem to be bitten by the golf bug in a big way ( most of us here can relate ).  Good luck on finding "The" putter. 

Driver -  :callaway-small:   Rogue ST Max
Woods - :callaway-small:  Rogue ST Max  3, 5 & 7 Woods
Irons  -   :callaway-small:  Rogue ST Max                                                                                                                                                                                       

Wedges - :cleveland-small:  Zipcore RTX 6 50°  CBX2   54* & 58*                                                                                                                                               

Putter -  Evnroll   ER2
Rangefinder - :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX-10 Slope
Ball -  :vice: Pro Tour Drip                                                                                                                                                                                           

Bag -  :tour-edge: Xtreme Cart 7.0 Bag Heather/Red/White

Hi Nick! Welcome from Italy. 

twitter: @cgblack54

In my bag Callaway Org 14:

Driver: 10.5° Callaway XR-16 shaft Miyazaky limited edition c. Kua 39 /stiff
3 Wood: 20° Callaway GBB Heavenwood shaft Fujikura Motore Speeder 665 R flex
Hybrid 4: 22°Callaway GBB UST Mamiya recoil F3
Irons: Callaway Big Bertha 2015 5-PW shaft graphite UST Mamiya recoil F3 (2° flat) 
Wedges: MD3 S gring 49° bounce 10° (2° flat), MD3 S grind 54° bounce10°(1° flat) and MD3 58°bounce 8° shaft steel True Temper XP95 R300
Putter: Odyssey works #1 wide putter whith Odyssey Super Stroke slim 3.0
Ball
Titlest pro V1, Callaway supersoft ,Noodle long &soft.

GPS: Garmin S1

Range Finder: Nikon Aculon AL11 -  6X 

Hi Nick! (Wanted to reference the Simpsons so badly here)

I'm in the Central/East TX area, about 50 min from A&M, and live on a course. Let me know if you want to come get a round in sometime.

Congrats on the hole in one. I've been playing for over a decade and still haven't had one. Have fun improving!

Driver: Taylormade SLDR, Diamana Kai'li 70 

3 Wood: Callaway X Tour 15*

Hybrid: Bobby Jones 21* (Original)

Irons: Bridgestone J38 DPC 4-PW

Wedges: Scor 4161 52*, 57*

Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Style Newport

Hello from NY! Glad to hear you're so enthusiastic about the game!

I only started a few years ago .. and I'm close to 61 now .. but also have made a lot of progress this season and also wish I had started younger..... ;-)

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Greetings Nick. I'm in Texas also.

Take a few minutes and complete your profile when you can... 

City, state, handicap, etc. Upload your pic or avatar too.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Welcome to MGS Nick......Ii appears that you are already hooked......but give some of the older reviews a look.  You will be amazed at the detail.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Welcome to the group. I also play the jpx irons which are the most forgiving and best game improvement irons out there. Stick with em cause iv went from shooting 105 to 83 in two short seasons.

Sent from my iPhone while sitting at the 19th hole.

Welcome to the MGS forums, glad to have you with us

Sent from MyGolfSpy mobile

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 shaft

FW Wood:   :cobra-small:  F9 wood 14.5* 

Hybrids:  :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max 3 Hybrid & :nike-small: Vapor Flex 4 hybrid  

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z565 - 7 thru PW & ZU85 - 5 thru 6 with Recoil ZT9 F4 shafts                                            

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: RTX4 52*, 56*, 60* 

Putter:  Scotty Cameron M2 Newport

Ball:  :Snell: Black & :titelist-small: Pro V1

Bag: 2018 MyGolfSpy stand Bag & 2021 Greenside Golf stand bag

Welcome to MGS. I love to hear about new people picking up the game and getting hooked. Sounds like you are committed to improving and doing the right things to get better. Just stick with it and you'll be under 90 in no time! Congrats on the hole-in-one. I've been playing for 30 years and I have a grand total of one hole-in-one, so that's a big accomplishment.

Titleist TS3 9.5* w/Accra TZ5 65 X-Stiff
Titleist TS3 15* w/Fujikura Ventus 7X
Callaway Apex19 Hybrid 20* w/Accra TZ5 95X
Callaway Apex19 Hybrid 23* w/Accra TZ5 95X
Titleist 718 CB 5 iron w/KBS $Taper X-Stiff
Titleist 718 MB 6-PW w/KBS $Taper X-Stiff
Titleist SM7 Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* w/KBS $Taper X-Stiff
Bettinardi Queen B 10 34.5"
Titleist Pro V1 or Snell MTB-X

Welcome to MGS! Great intro and congrats on the hole in one.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

In my  :titelist-small: 14 way Stand Bag

Driver:  :callaway-small:  Big Bertha Alpha 816 Double Black Diamond 9°  w Diamana (White) D+ 70 XStiff

or  :callaway-small: Big Bertha V Series 9° (adjusted to 8*) w Aldila Rogue Silver XStiff

(Depends on the state of the swing)

FW:  :callaway-small:   XR 16 15° w Speeder Evolution II TS 765 XStiff

FW:  :callaway-small:  Great Big Bertha Mens Heavenwood 20° w Kuro Kage Silver TiNi XStiff

Irons:  :bridgestone-small: J15 DF 4-PW w Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw XStiff

Wedge:  :titelist-small: 54* & 58* on True Temper Dynamic Gold S300

Wedge:  :callaway-small: Mack Daddy PM Grind 64* w KBS Tour 120 S

Putter:  Odyssey Works Big T Versa V- Line

Ball:  :callaway-small: Chrome Soft Truvis

Shoes:  :footjoy-small: Dryjoy Casual

Welcome from the Pacific Northwest!  Glad you joined us, and congrats on the ace!!  Nice intro.  I retired last year, but over the past few years I have met quite a few NucE students at A&M.  You have a great school there.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

GIG EM! Welcome to the crew, always great to have another Aggie around!

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

Driver: Nike Vapor Flex with Mitsubishi Rayon Fubuki ZT60x5ct S-flex shaft and stock grip.

3-Metal: Nike VRS 15 degree with Mitsubishi Rayon tour issue Diamana S73x5ct X-flex shaft and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grip.

Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 22, 26, 30, 34, 38, 42, 46 degrees standard length and lie with KBS Tour-V stiff shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Wedges: Ben Hogan TK15 54, 58 degrees with KBS Tour-V X-flex shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Putter: Nike Method Converge B1|01 with Superstroke Flatso 2.0 grip.

Welcome! It's always that one good shot that hooks you into the game.

MDGolfHacker

What's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

Welocme! :D

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Great intro, welcome from Indiana!

Titleist 917D2 10.5

Ben Hogan GS53 3 Wood

PING G425 MAX 5 Wood

Cleveland UHX Launcher 3 Iron

PING G30 5-PW

Cleveland RTX 3.0 50/10 V-MG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 54/14  V-FG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 58/12 V -FG

EVNROLL ER-3

Archived