What equipment are you thinking about?

null

3 hours ago, bear11 said:

I just got fitted for srixon ZX4 M11

Great clubs.  Create a post and tell us about the fitting process,  what other clubs you tried, and why these were the best for you. 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :touredgeexotics: XCG7 Beta 15*  w/Fujikura Fuel
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Getting fitted for new irons next week, will be a combo of the new Mizuno 24 series, 41 & 43’s I think… plus the new black tour bag just looks awesome…  also looking for a fairway wood as an alternative to my 2 iron - just a different option to have in the bag.

WITB > Stealth 2 Driver > Mizuno STG 3 & 5 woods > Mizuno 243 Irons > Vokey SM9 Wedges (50,54,60)

7 hours ago, OldSchoolFlusher said:

Getting fitted for new irons next week, will be a combo of the new Mizuno 24 series, 41 & 43’s I think… plus the new black tour bag just looks awesome…  also looking for a fairway wood as an alternative to my 2 iron - just a different option to have in the bag.

wow, sounds like a great set, love Mizuno... why a fairway wood for a 2 iron as opposed to a hybrid?

committed to performance excellence

10 minutes ago, Jim Shaw said:

wow, sounds like a great set, love Mizuno... why a fairway wood for a 2 iron as opposed to a hybrid?

Don’t get on with hybrids - have tried but just optically not for me. Fairway wood (4 or 5) will just add some variation and allow me to change between. I play a lot of links and the 2iron is worth its weight in gold, but switching to inland more target based courses means a 5 wood gives better landing angle into greens from about 225 etc out..

WITB > Stealth 2 Driver > Mizuno STG 3 & 5 woods > Mizuno 243 Irons > Vokey SM9 Wedges (50,54,60)

19 minutes ago, OldSchoolFlusher said:

Don’t get on with hybrids - have tried but just optically not for me. Fairway wood (4 or 5) will just add some variation and allow me to change between. I play a lot of links and the 2iron is worth its weight in gold, but switching to inland more target based courses means a 5 wood gives better landing angle into greens from about 225 etc out..

lots of golfers are moving to the woods, 5-7 even 9 woods, they love them...

I had a chance to swing, (not hit) the new Taylormade and Calloway drivers yesterday, not that I am looking for a new driver but the smaller headed Taylormade set up nicer for me, the black head I liked better than the "smoke" look, which I think will get old quite quickly. They both felt good, and I am sure they are quality products.. 

34 minutes ago, Jim Shaw said:

When I got fitted, I expected him to put me on hybrids, but he went with the 7-wood instead. Which has the same loft as a 4-iron and is a lot easier to hit. He said for some reason my swing wasn't well suited for hybrids; dunno exactly what he meant by that. Regardless, I'm glad he did; that 7w is a go-to club for me now, and I feel very confident when I have a shot in 7w range.

Obsessed with chasing the dimpled orb.

More about me:  WITB type stuff

Fit For Golf tester 2024

1 hour ago, Jim Shaw said:

Yes they are - I think Fleetwood has option of 7 wood in his set up at times. There is some much variety on courses that your bag now needs to go beyond the standard 14 clubs, and have optionality for different set ups, conditions etc..  One of the things I love about the sport is the individual nature and choices across equipment. 

Few years back, according to MGS, the Tour Edge C721 hybrid was a huge success. Not so much the following iterations. So I have been looking for one in New or mint condition. Potentially in 17 degrees.

Odyssey XG #9

Cleveland CG15 wedges 54/58

Takomo 101 irons PW-4

Rescue hybrid 3 

M6 3W & Driver

Bridgestone e12 

5 hours ago, ILMgolfnut said:

When I got fitted, I expected him to put me on hybrids, but he went with the 7-wood instead. Which has the same loft as a 4-iron and is a lot easier to hit. He said for some reason my swing wasn't well suited for hybrids; dunno exactly what he meant by that. Regardless, I'm glad he did; that 7w is a go-to club for me now, and I feel very confident when I have a shot in 7w range.

That sounds strange as to the rationale regarding your swing.  I think we all have some  swing flaws to some degree or another.  And I also understand personal preference regarding the “look” being better in the eye of one over the other.  

I got fitted last spring/summer and had previously had hybrids but not FW woods.  I ended up getting fit with a 5h, 7w and 4/5w (Ping G430 Max).  I don’t hit the 5h very often but it’s a good choice out of heavy rough.  I’ve always hit my hybrids with a “iron” swing.  I probably should use it more, especially with very uneven lies.

I was amazed with the 2 woods.  When I got fit I hit the 7w and 5w, then the fitter said he wanted me to try something different.  I started hitting and after a few swings started to get the feel.  He called it a 4w - 5w head, delofted 1* and a 3w shaft (~1/2” longer than a 5w shaft).  It’s been a game changer for me.  So many par 5s I’m now hitting short 56* wedges for approach and a handful of times have almost reached in 2.

:callaway-small: Driver: Fusion, 9 deg, UST Recoil 450 ES F3/2

:ping-small: 430 MAX 4w (5w head delofted 1* with 3w shaft), 7w, 5h w/ Alta CB Soft Regular shaft

:mizuno-small: JPX923 HM 6i - GW w/ UST Recoil 460 ESX F3

:cleveland-small: RTX6 52* and 56* with Recoil 760 ESX F2 

:odyssey-small: Versa DB DoubleWide 

:srixon-small:: Z-Star Tour

1 minute ago, GaryF said:

That sounds strange as to the rationale regarding your swing

My vague recollection (he no longer works there so I can't go back and ask him) is that sweeping vs. descending was what he was looking at. The few times I had tried to hit a hybrid before that didn't go well, so maybe he was on to something. My longest iron is a 5, which I rarely hit; I have 1-3-7 woods and I now carry 5 (yes five) wedges -- PW, gap, 52, 58 and 64. And I usually use all five wedges at least once a round.

Obsessed with chasing the dimpled orb.

More about me:  WITB type stuff

Fit For Golf tester 2024

15 minutes ago, ILMgolfnut said:

My vague recollection (he no longer works there so I can't go back and ask him) is that sweeping vs. descending was what he was looking at. The few times I had tried to hit a hybrid before that didn't go well, so maybe he was on to something. My longest iron is a 5, which I rarely hit; I have 1-3-7 woods and I now carry 5 (yes five) wedges -- PW, gap, 52, 58 and 64. And I usually use all five wedges at least once a round.

I’ve heard of a lot of people struggling with hybrids and I did a number of years ago when I first got my 3h and 4h.  I struggled until a friend told me to try moving the ball back (just forward of center) and swing it like an iron (descending). Immediately got success.  

But I do love the woods.  My longest iron is a 6i, which I do struggle with. I’m working on a slightly different setup this off season so hope that improves things.  On a good swing, I carry about 160 which is what I want.  If I don’t get more consistency with it this year, I may consider another hybrid or even a 9w. 

The nice thing with my ping 5h, 7w and 4w, like other brands, the loft and lie are adjustable so it’s easy to get good gapping. 

And I carry a pw, GW, 52* and 56*.  

Edited by GaryF

:ping-small: 430 MAX 4w (5w head delofted 1* with 3w shaft), 7w, 5h w/ Alta CB Soft Regular shaft

Saw a few pictures of the new i530 irons from Ping… wowsa. I don’t necessarily need new irons, but I do want these. 

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

57 minutes ago, Owengeorge13 said:

They do look good.  The g730 look good as well.

I agree. Ping is nailing it this year! 👌

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

On 1/12/2024 at 11:48 AM, Josh Parker said:

I will be on the hunt for new wedges early this year. I'm happy with my current ones but they are starting to show some wear.  

Be sure to check out the Edison wedges….

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

I was browsing the interwebs yesterday and I managed to find my way into the Ping G425 Crossover irons. They are solid looking and I have been thinking about driving irons lately. I was particularly fond of my old 3 on the Daiwas I had as it was the only club long enough to hit consistently, and it had the distance. I think I might have seen someone on MGS speak on them before but, yeah, I am definitely intrigued 

WITB

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Qi10 Max

Hybrid: 🐏 FX Max 5h

5i-9i: 🐏 FX Max 10

Wedges: :titleist-small: 48°, 52°, 56°

Putter:  :cleveland-small: HB Soft 14

Ball: :odin:

I really need to upgrade my wedges and fairways/hybrids. I’m most interested in the cbx4 zipcore wedges, but will probably settle for the regular cbx zipcores due to the drop in price. 

Fairway woods I m going to try to find a used g430 7 wood, and some kind of 5 hybrid. 

Jnr

3 hours ago, unccross said:

I really need to upgrade my wedges and fairways/hybrids. I’m most interested in the cbx4 zipcore wedges, but will probably settle for the regular cbx zipcores due to the drop in price. 

Fairway woods I m going to try to find a used g430 7 wood, and some kind of 5 hybrid. 

Last summer I purchased the ping g430 max 5h, 7w and modified 5w that turned it into a 4w.  Really nice clubs - you won’t be disappointed. 

I’m often “thinking” about putters. The newest release of Scotty Phantoms didn’t really capture my interest. But what has caught my eye was an Instagram post by theequipmentjunkie. The idea of a customized PLD milled putter sounds good. I’m not in a position to afford the full on fitting and customization offering from Ping but something like the PLD Milled “Plus” program may be within reach. I’ve used the iPing app in the past and know my specs. (Slight arc, 4 degree loft and 69 degree lie.) But other than this post I’ve seen nothing more on the program.

IMG_0624.jpeg.bbf3290c2a025e388227b455537658fa.jpeg

:ping-small: CB-P226 Hoofer Cart Bag

:PXG: 0311 Black Ops 8° w/Mitsubishi Diamana S+ 60

:PXG: 0311 XF 3 wood 16° w/Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue

:PXG: 0211 19° Hybrid w/Project X Even Flow Riptide

:ping-small: G410 Crossover 4 w/Mitsubishi Tensei Blue

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym X 6 - GW w/True Temper Elevate MPH Official Forum Test

:vokey-small: SM9 54°/12° D and 58°/12° D w/KBS Tour 110

:EVNROLL: ER11v 34”  Evnroll ER11v Official Forum Test

Shot Scope Pro LX+ Pro LX+ Official Forum Test

:Snell:  MTB prime

:Clicgear: 3.5+

TM tour hybrid has my attention!

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

1 hour ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

TM tour hybrid has my attention!

I currently game the Stealth Plus hybrid and last year's only felt like they'd painted on the '2'.lol. I'm going to do a quick back to back when I have a driver and fairway wood fitting on Friday (if they have any to demo). I have the advantage of being able to just switch heads if they don't have X-stiff shafts. I love the Stealth+ hybrid and curious whether the QI10 Tour H is noticeably better in any way, or is just more cosmetic changes.

2024 WITB:

:ping-small: G430 LST 9* (set at 10*) w. Mitsubishi Kai'Li White 60X

:titleist-small:TSR2 15* w. Mitsubishi Tensei White 75X

:taylormade-small:Stealth+ 3H (@18.5* flat) w. :projectx: Hzrdus Smoke RDX Red 80/6.5

:callaway-small:Rogue ST Max 21* 7-wood w. Mitsubishi Tensei Blue stiff/ or/ :taylormade-small:Stealth2+ 4H (@22* flat) w.Mitsubishi Kai'Li White 80X

:taylormade-small: 5i-9i: '19 P790; P- '23 P7MC w. :kbs: Tour C-Taper Lite 115X

:taylormade-small: 50/09 MG3; 56/12 MG3TW

:vokey-small:SM9 60/04L

Putter- :odyssey-small: Toulon Design Memphis, 2019 model [Backup: Sik DW C 2.0]

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5x/ TP5xPix -or- :callaway-small: Chrome Tour [see ball test link below] (also testing :bridgestone-small: Tour BX Mindset)

Other: :Arccos:. Gogogo Sport V-Pro rangefinder. :taylormade-small: Select Plus stand bag. :BagBoy: Nitron push cart.

I occasionally browse Facebook marketplace in my area for good deals on golf equipment. This morning I noticed a post that caught my eye... someone is selling a Paradym Triple Diamond Driver at 10.5° with a HZRDUS Black Smoke stiff shaft for $89...

Seems a little too good to be true. I decided to message them just to see if it's available (and nothing is critically wrong with it) so I'm waiting to hear back. This is a must buy if it's in good condition right?? I would ideally prefer a 9° and the Triple Diamond may not be forgiving enough for my game, but it seems like an easy flip if I decide not to keep it.

unnamed (2).jpg

Current WITB:

Bag: image_2024-02-27_104948566.png.b92168231016d467eb3d016dba2075b9.png MV2 Golf Bag

Driver:  image.png G425  Max 9.0º, Ventus Blue Velocore 6S

Fairway: image.png.75de9ed8d611880163bbacfe51b6bf91.png TSR2 3 wood 15º, Ventus Red Velocore 7S, image.png.75de9ed8d611880163bbacfe51b6bf91.png TSR1 5 wood 18º, Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW Blue 65S

Driving Iron: image.png.75de9ed8d611880163bbacfe51b6bf91.png U505 2-iron, Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85S 

Irons: image.png.b5950bd367d637859d211fef578a14af.png MP-54 (4-P), Project X 6.0S

Wedges: TM23WDG-MG4-Stacked-Color-OnLight-v1-1024x410.png.ac724a75349db558663486b0cf600638.png 50.09 SB, 54.11 SB, 58.11 SB

Putter: image.png.2a889a80c6a733b582bbac9dbc3cecf2.png California Del Mar, 34.5 Sweet Rollz "Safari" Midsize Grip

Ball: image.png.52cb58764bddc9c00ba3060db6a87cc7.png Tour B XS

3 minutes ago, Byrnzee said:

I occasionally browse Facebook marketplace in my area for good deals on golf equipment. This morning I noticed a post that caught my eye... someone is selling a Paradym Triple Diamond Driver at 10.5° with a HZRDUS Black Smoke stiff shaft for $89...

Seems a little too good to be true. I decided to message them just to see if it's available (and nothing is critically wrong with it) so I'm waiting to hear back. This is a must buy if it's in good condition right?? I would ideally prefer a 9° and the Triple Diamond may not be forgiving enough for my game, but it seems like an easy flip if I decide not to keep it.

unnamed (2).jpg

I game this exact driver, with a different shaft. It is good and remarkably forgiving for a low-spin/smaller head. If this isn’t a scam, then it is a no-doubter.

WITB:

D: :taylormade-small: QI-10 core 9* Ventus Blue TR Velocore 6x

3w: :taylormade-small: Brnr mini driver 13.5 S

3h: :ping-small: G430 19° Tour 2/Stiff

7W: :callaway-small: 21° Rogue ST Max LinQ 7X

5i-6i:  :srixon-small: ZX5 MKII Project X 6.0

7i-PW: :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII Project X 6.0

50°, 54° & 58°:   :ping-small: Glide Forged Pro

P:   :odyssey-small: White Hot Versa DW

Ball:  :bridgestone-small: Tour BX mindset

Bag:  Ghost MGS Anyday 14 way

"And so, we beat on, boats against the current, borne ceaselessly into the past." - Fitzgerald

” The woods are lovely, dark and deep,   

But I have promises to keep,   

And miles to go before I sleep,   

And miles to go before I sleep. - Frost

"That you are here—that life exists and identity,

That the powerful play goes on, and you may contribute a verse." - Whitman

5 minutes ago, GolfSpy_BEN said:

I game this exact driver, with a different shaft. It is good and remarkably forgiving for a low-spin/smaller head. If this isn’t a scam, then it is a no-doubter.

That's very good to hear. I would potentially switch the shaft with my current one since I really like it, but I'm hoping this is forreal, because I love the look of the Paradym.

Current WITB:

Bag: image_2024-02-27_104948566.png.b92168231016d467eb3d016dba2075b9.png MV2 Golf Bag

Driver:  image.png G425  Max 9.0º, Ventus Blue Velocore 6S

Fairway: image.png.75de9ed8d611880163bbacfe51b6bf91.png TSR2 3 wood 15º, Ventus Red Velocore 7S, image.png.75de9ed8d611880163bbacfe51b6bf91.png TSR1 5 wood 18º, Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW Blue 65S

Driving Iron: image.png.75de9ed8d611880163bbacfe51b6bf91.png U505 2-iron, Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85S 

Irons: image.png.b5950bd367d637859d211fef578a14af.png MP-54 (4-P), Project X 6.0S

Wedges: TM23WDG-MG4-Stacked-Color-OnLight-v1-1024x410.png.ac724a75349db558663486b0cf600638.png 50.09 SB, 54.11 SB, 58.11 SB

Putter: image.png.2a889a80c6a733b582bbac9dbc3cecf2.png California Del Mar, 34.5 Sweet Rollz "Safari" Midsize Grip

Ball: image.png.52cb58764bddc9c00ba3060db6a87cc7.png Tour B XS

29 minutes ago, Byrnzee said:

unnamed (2).jpg

That would be a steal if it is good to go and is real

Callaway Paradym AI Smoke Max 9* with Tensei AV Blue 55

PXG 5 and 7 woods with Mitsubishi Diamana Shafts

Mizuno Pro 225 5-GW with Dynamic Gold S300 shafts

Taylormade Hi-Toe 54 and 58 degree wedges

Ping Prime Tyne 4

Nothing major today, shopping grips as my old driver needs to be regripped (I have not had the chance to really swing it, the grip is that worn). I am actually thinking about going mid-size for my grips as my hands are arthritic at the ripe old age of 33. But I definitely am going to head into the PGA Superstore before I make a final decision on it. 

Edited by Michael.Sandoval33
Typos.

WITB

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Qi10 Max

Hybrid: 🐏 FX Max 5h

5i-9i: 🐏 FX Max 10

Wedges: :titleist-small: 48°, 52°, 56°

Putter:  :cleveland-small: HB Soft 14

Ball: :odin:

24 minutes ago, Michael.Sandoval33 said:

Nothing major today, shopping grips as my old driver needs to be regripped (I have not had the chance to really swing it, the grip is that worn). I am actually thinking about going mid-size for my grips as my hands are arthritic at the ripe old age of 33. But I definitely am going to head into the PGA Superstore before I make a final decision on it. 

Went from standard to midsize this last year and it made a world of difference. Never going back to standard 

Driver: PXG Black Ops, Ventus Blue 6X 

Fairways: PXG 0311 XF Gen 5 3 and 5 wood, Project X Riptide CB 6.0

Hybrid: PXG 0311 XF Gen 5 22 degree, Project X Riptide 6.0

Irons: PXG 0311P Gen 5 5-PW, Project X LS 6.5

Wedges: PXG SG2 50, 56(55), Modus 125 Wedge; PXG SG 2 60, KBS 130 Wedge  

Putter: TaylorMade Spider GT Red SB

Ball: Maxfli Tour S

MGS Star Grip Review: https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63328-star-grips-2024-forum-review/

28 minutes ago, Michael.Sandoval33 said:

I played midsize most of last year and found them much better than standard. But I switched my driver, woods and hybrid to a mix of Golfpride Jumbo and Jumbomax S and XS. Currently trying out Jumbomax Ultralight and Zenlite Medium grips. So far, I've found the Jumbomax grips really help reduce wrist stress and help to quieten my hands through the swing. Easier to maintain good wrist hinge angle. It has made a noticeable difference with my driver.

I'm putting a couple of them on irons this weekend to try out on the sim on Sunday. Not cheap to completely regrip the set with them if I end up going that route. Wedges should be interesting...I'm wondering if there's much of an impact on feel.

2024 WITB:

:ping-small: G430 LST 9* (set at 10*) w. Mitsubishi Kai'Li White 60X

:titleist-small:TSR2 15* w. Mitsubishi Tensei White 75X

:taylormade-small:Stealth+ 3H (@18.5* flat) w. :projectx: Hzrdus Smoke RDX Red 80/6.5

:callaway-small:Rogue ST Max 21* 7-wood w. Mitsubishi Tensei Blue stiff/ or/ :taylormade-small:Stealth2+ 4H (@22* flat) w.Mitsubishi Kai'Li White 80X

:taylormade-small: 5i-9i: '19 P790; P- '23 P7MC w. :kbs: Tour C-Taper Lite 115X

:taylormade-small: 50/09 MG3; 56/12 MG3TW

:vokey-small:SM9 60/04L

Putter- :odyssey-small: Toulon Design Memphis, 2019 model [Backup: Sik DW C 2.0]

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5x/ TP5xPix -or- :callaway-small: Chrome Tour [see ball test link below] (also testing :bridgestone-small: Tour BX Mindset)

Other: :Arccos:. Gogogo Sport V-Pro rangefinder. :taylormade-small: Select Plus stand bag. :BagBoy: Nitron push cart.