Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Would you play a "Self-Correcting" Golf Ball?

GolfSpy_X

• SPY VIP

The company will launch three new golf balls in 2010

2025677.png September 13, 2010 (Highpoint, N.C) - Polara Golf (www.polaragolf.com) develops products for golfers of all levels who want to enjoy the game more. With their unique dimple design, Polara's Self-Correcting Technologyâ„¢ golf balls reduce those dreaded hooks and slices by up to 75%. That means golfers play from the fairway, not the rough, woods or the next fairway. Using Polara golf balls is guaranteed to improve the game, increase accuracy and lower the score for every golfer. Polara Golf's mission is to make the game of golf more fun.

The new Polara golf balls are available in two different models. The Polara Ultimate Straight is a 2-piece construction ball with 386 dimples. The Polara Super Straight is a 3-piece construction ball with 386 dimples. With their Self-Correcting Technologyâ„¢ and unique design, each dimple on these Polara golf balls has a specific purpose in correcting hooks and slices by up to 75%. All Polara golf balls are specifically designed for recreational golfers that want to take advantage of technology improvements and increase their enjoyment of the game of golf.

Making its debut in the Fall of 2010 is the third Polara golf ball, the Polara Ultimate Distance. It is a 2-piece construction ball with 336 dimples that dramatically improves distance with the Polara Absolute-Distance Technologyâ„¢. With the tungsten-enhanced high velocity core formulation and the optimized extreme-distance aerodynamics, the 2-piece Polara Ultimate Distance golf ball increases driver distance up to 20 yards or longer.

Polara golf balls with Self-Correcting Technologyâ„¢ were recently tested by Golf Laboratories, the leading independent golf testing laboratory in San Diego, California. The golf robot was set-up to hit balls under several different slice swing conditions. Under all test conditions, the Self-Correcting Technologyâ„¢ golf balls were demonstrably straighter than two of the most popular balls in golf, validating the claim that the Polara Ultimate Straight and the Polara Super Straight correct hooks and slices by up to 75%.

"We're delighted to introduce golfers to the first of many products that have No Limits other than the laws of physics," said David Felker, PhD, Head of Technology for Polara Golf. "Currently, there is nothing a golfer can purchase that even comes close to correcting hooks and slices as well as these new Polara golf balls. The Self-Correcting Technologyâ„¢ of the Polara Ultimate Straight and the Polara Super Straight golf balls will change the game of golf by making it more enjoyable and even speeding up play."

Limited editions of the Polara golf balls, with the Polara 'No Limits' logo are currently available for pre-sale at www.polaragolf.com.

#TruthDigest

• SPY VIP

There are some rounds when having this in the bag as a back-up ball would be helpful.

You could look at them as the "after the third beer" ball :rolleyes:

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

This wouldn't help me, my misses are mostly straight pulls, with the occasional push. I hit a slice or a hook about once every three rounds. I would however like to see how they would affect my fathers game. He has always hit the ball solidly, but with about a 40yd slice. If they did reduce the slice by 75%, and assuming those 30yds were added to his distance, then he would be hitting his driver in the 230-250 range. Maybe I wouldn't have to give him 30 strokes when we play. I just might order him a box.

There are some rounds when having this in the bag as a back-up ball would be helpful.

You could look at them as the "after the third beer" ball :rolleyes:

LOL! Seriously, though... I'd have to see to believe. Not only that, but I'm pretty sure the laws of physics can't be broken by natural means- an awful swing will net you awful results at least 95% of the time (I have seen a couple of my thin/topped shots still somehow make it to the green, but I'm by no means trying to do that...). However, if the game of golf can be made more fun, especially for the average golfer, I'm all about it- as long as the technology is true.

Didn't Bridgestone market the e6 line as doing basically the same thing? It was supposed to be lower-spinning, which meant hook and slice spin was reduced... I still managed to find the OB stakes with that ball on a couple of my not-good swings...

I'm skeptical. I have yet to find a golf ball that can keep my misses in the fairway! That ball would have to have a 150 yard governor on it or some brake flaps to make it drop straight down before the straight left/right spin kicks in!

I have the utmost confidence in my ability to put ANY ball in the trees off the tee!

Ping I20 8.5* - Aldila NV 65g S
Adams XTD Super Hybrid 15* - Stock Fubuki S
Adams DHY 21* - Stock Matrix Ozik White Tie S
Mizuno MP58 4-8 Irons - Fujikura MCI 100 S
SCOR 42,46,50,54,58* - SCOR/KBS Genius S
STX Robert Ingman Envision TR 35", Iomic grip

I think the only way this can work is with a low spin ball, no amount of dimple technology can correct ball flight so far as I can see. Its all in the club face, speed and angle of hitting the ball (inside/outside swing).

Prove me wrong though and let me try these.

Although with the self correcting clubs and a self correcting ball and all the gain 15-30 yards off the tee advice, one can't go wrong. Makes the game so much easier.

Post theft of my clubs and gear, I have all new:In the bags:

ClicGear cart bag; Mizuno Carry Bag.

Clic Gear 2.0 cart.

Lamkin mid size grips on all.

KZG VC-420 Driver 10.5 deg with 38 lb flex black NovaTech 6000 shaft.

KZG Q 3 Wood 15 deg with 37 lb Fierce Full Force shaft silver

KZG Q 5 Wood, 19 deg with 37 lb Fierce Full Force shaft silver

KZG H370 Tour hybrid 22 deg with Silver NovaTech shaft 38 lbs

KZG forged cavity back CBIII wedges AW -5 iron, bent 3 deg up, with silver 38lb graphite NovaTech shafts

KZG 60 degree forged wedge NS shaft.

Callaway X Jaw 64 degree wedge

Odyssey Putter.

Vision Golf Balls Test Pilot, Titleist ProV1x

Open for sponsorship

I took a long look at their website. The technology sounds good and sounds like it just might work. But the shipping.. :lol:

•Never argue with an idiot. First, he will drag you down to his level. Then he will beat you with experience!•

My concern would be that the lack of side spin off the tee equates to lack of backspin around the green. I know that I found this to be the case with the Bridgestone e6.

Exact same reason I switched... Golf Digest did their ball test (the only "legit" test they do, since it's the only one they publish numbers for) and the e6 has a WOEFUL amount of spin. It had the least amount of greenside spin of any ball tested ('09 version).

Check it out:

http://www.golfdigest.com/golf-equipment/golf-balls/2009-05/hotlistcriteria_golfballs?currentPage=2

It's #15 in the test.

• 7 months later...

-I don't think these balls will help mid=high handicappers who want to get better. My most frequent miss is a slice, but I think a ball that automatically corrects this would be detrimental to improving (similarly to the argument that many have made that mid-high handicappers that want to get better should play blades). On the other hand every now and then you have one of those days where you just don't have it and using a ball like this after the 3rd beer doesn't seem like a terrible idea.

Driver: Cleveland Classic Custom 9 degrees with Matrix Black Tie Stiff Shaft

3 Wood: Nike VR Pro Limited edition with Diamana Ahina X-stiff shaft

3 hybrid: Adams A12 pro (20 degrees) with RIP X-stiff shaft

4-PW: Titleist AP2 with True Tember Dynamic Gold X-300 shaft

52 degree wedge: Cleveland CG15

56 degree Wedge: Titleist Vokey Spin Milled

60 degree wedge: Cleveland 588 forged

Putter: Edel custom with Flatso mid grip

has anyone tried these out? do they actually work?

I've mostly corrected my slice, and have almost moved into a nice draw... but it comes back to bite me some days, and I'd love to toss a box in the bag just for those days if they actually work?

I play with a guy (lefty) that has a wild slice....He found one of the balls and it went straight....he then ordered a dozen and started using them...His drives were now straight down the fairway.....after a couple weeks, he gave me two sleeves to give to my 18 yrold grandson who also has a terrible slice....said he didn't need them anymore.

In reality, when he discovered they were not usga approved, he knew he could'nt use them for our weekly league so he abandoned them.

In short, they do work...I have seen the difference.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Archived