Grips, Grip...Rip...Slip

Our Sponsors

Its funny I really did not expect so much variation in grip information. Typically Lamkin and GolfPride are your sticklers (similar to golf balls I suppose you stick with what you know) appreciate everyone's take on this subject.

Check out my reviews

:ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

WITB:

:taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X

:taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green  

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ 

:titelist-small: 48 SM8 - Nippon Modus 125 S

:titelist-small: 52, 56, 60 SM7 - Nippon Modus 125 S

:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W

:titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

On The Bench:

:adams-small: 2H VST - Super Idea S Matrix Kujoh S-Flex 

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

I’ve been a bit of a grip ***** over the last Couple years  or so. Played a few different GP and Lamkin grips (I regrip all my stuff). Landed on the MCC +4 about 3 months ago and really liking them. Been wanting to support a grip made in the US, like Pure.....but, I’ve got a supply of GP MCC’s.

Purchased my home from a PGA Tour Player. Golf Pride kept sending boxes of grips to my house. After the 4th time, he apologized and sent me a “box” of grips (about 24 or them). Can’t complain! 

Just wish FJ and Srixon would send some stuff over!!! I’d be compelled to play dumb and swear I’d seen nothing!!! LOL

• Like 1

:taylormade-small: TM SIM Max 9*- HZRDUS, Small Batch Smoke Green 70 Stiff PVD

:taylormade-small: TM SIM Titanium 3W - HZRDUS, Smoke Green 70 Stiff

:taylormade-small: TM SIM Titanium 5W - Diamana LTD 75 Stiff

:srixon-small: A-4iron ZX7 - Nippon Modus 120 Stiff

:taylormade-small: 4 GAPR - Ozik stiff

:Miura: 55* K-Grind Miura

:scotty-cameron-1: Scotty Cameron Circle T Futura X5 

:titelist-small: Titleist Left Dash Prov1X 

11 hours ago, dalejbrass said:

I’ve been a bit of a grip ***** over the last Couple years  or so. Played a few different GP and Lamkin grips (I regrip all my stuff). Landed on the MCC +4 about 3 months ago and really liking them. Been wanting to support a grip made in the US, like Pure.....but, I’ve got a supply of GP MCC’s.

Purchased my home from a PGA Tour Player. Golf Pride kept sending boxes of grips to my house. After the 4th time, he apologized and sent me a “box” of grips (about 24 or them). Can’t complain! 

Just wish FJ and Srixon would send some stuff over!!! I’d be compelled to play dumb and swear I’d seen nothing!!! LOL

If it’s free it’s for me @dalejbrass

• Like 1

Check out my reviews

:ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

WITB:

:taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X

:taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green  

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ 

:titelist-small: 48 SM8 - Nippon Modus 125 S

:titelist-small: 52, 56, 60 SM7 - Nippon Modus 125 S

:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W

:titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

On The Bench:

:adams-small: 2H VST - Super Idea S Matrix Kujoh S-Flex 

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

• 2 months later...
On 3/11/2020 at 1:46 AM, azstu324 said:

I guess it depends on what feel you like.

There are chorded and a wide variety of rubber compounds that range from harder to spongy soft like Winn. Some are very durable and last a long time and others are pretty crap and you're lucky of you get 3 months.

I've been playing Star grips for the past few years. It's a smaller company here in Chandler, AZ. It's a mid soft compound that very tacky and holds up well in the heat with sweaty hands. Also extremely durable!

I was able to meet and chat with the owner and he filled me in on a little industry secret. Many well-known companies use compounds that break down very quickly with sweat and hand oils. This sends the consumer back more regularly. In turn, they still charge $10+/grip.

Companies like Star, Pure, and Iomic focus more of their business over seas and in Asia where golf equipment is easily 3+ times more costly than here in the states and getting clubs re gripped every 6 months just isn't very cost effective. They use compounds that are 10 times more durable and feel great as well has maintain their performance.

And to add to their great value, you can get them for around $5. I'm going on 3 years and they have yet to show any wear, lose any tackiness or change in feel. Just soap and water every few rounds keeps them like new.

Now, all that said, I just re-gripped my 2ndary set of W/S FG tours with the new Golf Pride Microsuede wraps. I've never been a fan of the glossy look of the GP wraps but have appreciated their feel and durability. The Microsuedes look and feel much better and I can't say enough about how awesome they are. Similar to the Stars, they're very tacky, feel fantastic and are quite durable, also for around $6.

Lastly, I'm currently testing the Fujikura Motore X with MGS. We were given a few grip options. I picked the Lamkin Sonar Tour. So far this grip is really nice. Probably the "tackiest" of grips that I mentioned. Also mid-soft compound and feels very nice without being spongy or rock hard. Time Will tell if the durability will hold up.

golf-pride-star-grips-sidewinder-tour_1_60feecda82c84e6746454b1439219a7d.jpeg0219202043.jpeg0305202205a.jpeg

the more I practice, the luckier I seem to get..

How are the Microsuede's holding up for you?  I am about to regrip and am leaning towards the Microsuede's.

• Like 1

a. Iron specs (flex, length/lie). Callaway Apex Smoke 4-AW 1" long 3* upright Regular graphite shafts

b. Driver specs (loft/flex). Ping G400 Max 9* Regular graphite

c. Dexterity (right or left-handed). Right handed

d. Where You Live Dawsonville, GA

e. Your handicap or average 18 hole score. 18.6 index

6 minutes ago, Saturday Morning Sherpa said:

How are the Microsuede's holding up for you?  I am about to regrip and am leaning towards the Microsuede's.

They're holding up fantastically! Everything so far that I want to see in a grip. Probably my current favorite grip available. 

• Like 1

:taylormade-small:  SIM Max 7°/ Fujikura MotoreX F1 6X
:titelist-small:  917F2 3 Wood / UST ProForce V2 Black F4S++  
:callaway-small: Epic Flash Hybrid 18* / Mitsubishi Tensei Silver 70g 

post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TS-1 3 - P / TT DG 105 (S+) / GP Microsuede

post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TSW 50/6 + 56/12 Wedge 
:odyssey-small: O-Works #7 / Superstroke Ultra Slim 1.0