Grips, Grip...Rip...Slip

Hey all. Just curious what everyone prefers for grips on their clubs? I recently swapped over to MCC through golf pride. Have not head the pleasure to test yet though. I tend to sweat a lot in the hands and get slippery. I have always used corded and liked them but with a lot of use they get slippery by the time you get to 18. I always enjoyed the leather grips because of the tackiness but they wear out so fast.

With my putter I do not have a real preference but I do like my superstoke with the flat front. Not a large grip in contrast to other superstroke grips but overall really enjoy these grips.

Quick reference below for a buying guide for anyone interested.

https://lasergolfrangefinder.com/best-golf-grips-reviews/

HAPPY SWINGING! and dont let the club slip!

image.jpeg.4eee4e1ed377eb46acdffb5636af1fb3.jpeg

Check out my reviews

:ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

WITB:

:taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X I :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ I :titelist-small: 48 SM8 - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:titelist-small: 52, 56, 60 SM7 - Nippon Modus 125 S :odyssey-small: O-Works 1W I :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

I've been using Iomic X-Evolution grips for 8 or 9 years now, and have no reason to try anything else.  The combination of rubber compound and texture makes these grips feel very tacky, even when they get a bit wet from rain or sweat.  Although they do wear a bit, they remain grippy, I commonly go 2 years or more between changes, while playing close to 100 rounds a year.  I have used cord grips before, both the GP Tour Velvet Cord and the New Decade, and felt that the cords just didn't retain their tackiness.

https://www.iomicusa.com/fullswing

• Like 2

:titelist-small: Irons Titleist AP2 714, KBS Tour S, 3 flat

:callaway-small: Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:vokey-small: 52, 56, and 60 wedges

:ping-small: B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

@DaveP043 Have never seen this brand before. Appreciate it. I definitely can already tell the the multi compound that tackiness just isn't there so time will tell. As long as they dont feel like they are slipping I will be fine. Also considering going to mid size next replacement. 

Check out my reviews

WITB:

:taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X I :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ I :titelist-small: 48 SM8 - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:titelist-small: 52, 56, 60 SM7 - Nippon Modus 125 S :odyssey-small: O-Works 1W I :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

17 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

@DaveP043 Have never seen this brand before. Appreciate it. I definitely can already tell the the multi compound that tackiness just isn't there so time will tell. As long as they dont feel like they are slipping I will be fine. Also considering going to mid size next replacement. 

If you search MGS for "iomic" you'll find a few other users.  I get mine direct from Iomic through their website, but you can find them on other websites as well.  They also make a midsize model in their Sticky series, but I've not tried those myself.

• Like 1

:titelist-small: Irons Titleist AP2 714, KBS Tour S, 3 flat

:callaway-small: Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:vokey-small: 52, 56, and 60 wedges

:ping-small: B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

1 hour ago, Lacassem said:

Hey all. Just curious what everyone prefers for grips on their clubs? I recently swapped over to MCC through golf pride. Have not head the pleasure to test yet though. I tend to sweat a lot in the hands and get slippery. I have always used corded and liked them but with a lot of use they get slippery by the time you get to 18. I always enjoyed the leather grips because of the tackiness but they wear out so fast.

With my putter I do not have a real preference but I do like my superstoke with the flat front. Not a large grip in contrast to other superstroke grips but overall really enjoy these grips.

Quick reference below for a buying guide for anyone interested.

https://lasergolfrangefinder.com/best-golf-grips-reviews/

HAPPY SWINGING! and dont let the club slip!

image.jpeg.4eee4e1ed377eb46acdffb5636af1fb3.jpeg

Interesting article. I use MCC+4 and found they work best for me. In fact when my hands get real sweaty I don't need to  use a glove at all. Generally I regrip twice a year since I generally play at least 160 rounds + driving range. The recommendation of replacing them every 40 rounds must have been written by the marketing department to sell more grips. 

• Like 2

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

Cobra King F-9  5 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Snell MTB-X 

2020 Official Tester :SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

42 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

Interesting article. I use MCC+4 and found they work best for me. In fact when my hands get real sweaty I don't need to  use a glove at all. Generally I regrip twice a year since I generally play at least 160 rounds + driving range. The recommendation of replacing them every 40 rounds must have been written by the marketing department to sell more grips. 

Those are the grips I just got on my new wedges and will be doing the same with my new irons. Did some test swings today bare handed and they felt great (typically use a glove but didnt today). Time will tell but glad to hear they are great under wet conditions!

Check out my reviews

WITB:

I got MCC +4 on my wedges and MCC Align on my irons and I can easily play without gloves, even during summer.

I play about 60-80 rounds a year and after 2 seasons, they still feel like new!

• Like 1

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

I tried the Golf Pride multi compound grips a couple years ago. I found them to wear very fast. Anyone else have that problem? Other than that, I liked them and would still use them if not for the wear issue I had. I've gone to Pure Grips since then and love them. I noticed they aren't offering a mid size anymore. 😟

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Kanoito said:

I got MCC +4 on my wedges and MCC Align on my irons and I can easily play without gloves, even during summer.

I play about 60-80 rounds a year and after 2 seasons, they still feel like new!

Getting a lot of good feed back on the MCC so far and I regrip myself so cuts cost down. Interested to se how the wear. I got through 1 season on my last grips (deal on super stroke grips they were I think 4 dollars a grip??) worked out.

Check out my reviews

WITB:

I bought a used club with MMC and recently through Lamkin upgrade special got a free Sonar+ grip and like then both really well different feeling but I think provide similar benefits with wet situations and a bit of tackiness.
I have played with and loved Tour Wrap for the last 5 years or so but have really had issues with sweat since I don't wear a glove and we'll have sweaty hands in 90* summer days.

Using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 1

Driver:  Ben Hogan GS53
3W:  Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead 2
2i: Maltby KE4 FDI 
4-PW:  Maltby TS-1 - C-Taper 120g 
50º: Maltby TSW

56º:  Cleveland RTX-2 
60º: Maltby Tour Grind MG
Putter:  Odyssey White Hot RX 2-ball

Ball: Snell MTB X
Other: Arccos (first year lets see how it goes)
Handicap: 5.9  -  Best Score: 73 (1 over) Bryan Park - Players Course, Greensboro NC -2020

2020 MGS Forum Tester - Ben Hogan GS53 Driver

Another positive vote for the MCC grips. I’ve had mine for 2+ years and haven’t wanted anything else since trying them. Iomic grips are wonderful for initial tackiness, but wear out way faster than most grips in my opinion. As for grip size, it really just comes down to comfort, and what size keeps your grip pressure the lowest. For me, midsize grips are the best, but it varies from person to person. 

Edited by GB13
  • Like 1

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

8 hours ago, silver & black said:

I tried the Golf Pride multi compound grips a couple years ago. I found them to wear very fast. Anyone else have that problem? Other than that, I liked them and would still use them if not for the wear issue I had. I've gone to Pure Grips since then and love them. I noticed they aren't offering a mid size anymore. 😟

I actually find Iomic wear out faster than the MCC. Some of my MCC are still in excellent shape after 2 seasons and I play about 50-60 rounds per year + 1 range session per week.

Although, I chose MCC since they were no upcharge. If I had to regrip my clubs, I probably would go for something cheaper.

• Like 2

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

3 hours ago, Kanoito said:

I actually find Iomic wear out faster than the MCC. Some of my MCC are still in excellent shape after 2 seasons and I play about 50-60 rounds per year + 1 range session per week.

Although, I chose MCC since they were no upcharge. If I had to regrip my clubs, I probably would go for something cheaper.

Cost efficiency is the Name of the game. The super stroke ones j got 2 years ago were great half the price and not half the quality 

• Like 1

Check out my reviews

WITB:

Lamkin UTx have been a favorite for years, but I started using the MCC+4s last season and I really like them.

• Like 2

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:callaway-small: Big Bertha Mini (the :wilson_staff_small:  D7 is in time out)
:callaway-small:  GBB 3W (lofted to 4W)
:callaway-small: V-Series Heavenwood
:cobra-small: Baffler XL 5i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54*
:ping-small: iWedge 58*
:cleveland-small: #10

Twitter: @russtopherb

I use GP Tour wraps on most everything and Winn dry Tacs when I have them or when the club has them on purchase. I regrip almost exclusively with the tour wraps. This is with over 100 rounds a year in Houston and I don't have slip issues with them.

I've tried MCCs several times and they are just too hard, like holding a brick IMO.

YMMV

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 2

I've been using Lamkin Crosslines for about 5 years now.  Really tough to beat for less than $5 each.  They work well for me in wet and dry conditions and are super durable.  

My new SM7's came with the Vokey branded Multi-Compounds, so I'll get to give those a good long test.

• Like 1

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4 ALUMNUS

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver 10.5 - Ventus Blue 6x | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8s | :cobra-small: Speedzone 4-Hybrid - KBS Proto 85s

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - Nippon Modus 120x | :cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12C, 56.10V, 60.04W - Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :Snell: MTB-X | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 HD Slope

#cuetheduckboats

I guess it depends on what feel you like.

There are chorded and a wide variety of rubber compounds that range from harder to spongy soft like Winn. Some are very durable and last a long time and others are pretty crap and you're lucky of you get 3 months.

I've been playing Star grips for the past few years. It's a smaller company here in Chandler, AZ. It's a mid soft compound that very tacky and holds up well in the heat with sweaty hands. Also extremely durable!

I was able to meet and chat with the owner and he filled me in on a little industry secret. Many well-known companies use compounds that break down very quickly with sweat and hand oils. This sends the consumer back more regularly. In turn, they still charge $10+/grip.

Companies like Star, Pure, and Iomic focus more of their business over seas and in Asia where golf equipment is easily 3+ times more costly than here in the states and getting clubs re gripped every 6 months just isn't very cost effective. They use compounds that are 10 times more durable and feel great as well has maintain their performance.

And to add to their great value, you can get them for around $5. I'm going on 3 years and they have yet to show any wear, lose any tackiness or change in feel. Just soap and water every few rounds keeps them like new.

Now, all that said, I just re-gripped my 2ndary set of W/S FG tours with the new Golf Pride Microsuede wraps. I've never been a fan of the glossy look of the GP wraps but have appreciated their feel and durability. The Microsuedes look and feel much better and I can't say enough about how awesome they are. Similar to the Stars, they're very tacky, feel fantastic and are quite durable, also for around $6.

Lastly, I'm currently testing the Fujikura Motore X with MGS. We were given a few grip options. I picked the Lamkin Sonar Tour. So far this grip is really nice. Probably the "tackiest" of grips that I mentioned. Also mid-soft compound and feels very nice without being spongy or rock hard. Time Will tell if the durability will hold up.

golf-pride-star-grips-sidewinder-tour_1_60feecda82c84e6746454b1439219a7d.jpeg0219202043.jpeg0305202205a.jpeg

the more I practice, the luckier I seem to get..

• Like 3

:taylormade-small:  SIM Max 7°/ Fujikura MotoreX F1 6X
:titelist-small:  917F2 3 Wood / UST ProForce V2 Black F4S++  
:callaway-small: Epic Flash Hybrid 18* / Mitsubishi Tensei Silver 70g 

post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TS-1 3 - P / TT DG 105 (S+) / GP Microsuede

post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TSW 50/6 + 56/12 Wedge 
:odyssey-small: O-Works #7 / Superstroke Ultra Slim 1.0

@azstu324 Thank you for the info good stuff here. So far I like the feel of the MCC but again weather up here is not the summer play yet so I wont know until I really get into the season. Keep me posted on the Lamkin grip on the new shaft (and good luck testing I look forward to your review and congrats on your selection). Just checked out the star website. Sidewinder grip looks up my ally will have to keep this company in mind moving forward.

Check out my reviews

WITB:

[mention=76102]azstu324[/mention] Thank you for the info good stuff here. So far I like the feel of the MCC but again weather up here is not the summer play yet so I wont know until I really get into the season. Keep me posted on the Lamkin grip on the new shaft (and good luck testing I look forward to your review and congrats on your selection). Just checked out the star website. Sidewinder grip looks up my ally will have to keep this company in mind moving forward.
So it looks like the Stars are $6 from Golfworks. I bought them directly from the factory at $5. Although they look somewhat similar to tour velvets and crosslines, the rubber compound is quite a bit different. Similar to iomics they're also known for not having that strong rubbery smell that a lot of grips are known to leave on your hands.

the more I practice, the luckier I seem to get..

• Like 2

:taylormade-small:  SIM Max 7°/ Fujikura MotoreX F1 6X
:titelist-small:  917F2 3 Wood / UST ProForce V2 Black F4S++  
:callaway-small: Epic Flash Hybrid 18* / Mitsubishi Tensei Silver 70g 

post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TS-1 3 - P / TT DG 105 (S+) / GP Microsuede

post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TSW 50/6 + 56/12 Wedge 
:odyssey-small: O-Works #7 / Superstroke Ultra Slim 1.0

I am typically a tour velvet/cross line user.

Interesting info on star grips,
Gonna have to lookup their weight and maybe order a couple to see how they perform in summer heat.

• Like 1

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :cleveland-small: 588 54-14, 58-12
Putter:  Bellum Winmore 787

Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG