Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Lets talk video games

Which one are you getting?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Maybe you play video games, maybe you have kids who are asking for one of the two this year. So what are you hoping to get for the holidays?

• Playstation 5
    • Xbox Series X

43 minutes ago, jlukes said:

Gran Turismo 7 tomorrow 

so effing pumped. Took off work. Even got a wheel/pedals this week!

Xbox will be gathering dust as I bounce between Gt7 and HFW on my PS5 

Gran Turismo was my favorite game.  Unfortunately I don’t have a PS5, so I’ll have to live vicariously through you Joe.  If it is half as good as it used to be it will be 100% better than anything out right now.

Gameplay looks amazing!

I feel like I have more nostalgia for Gran Turismo than I actually really like playing the game. I played the first four GT games and I actually went back and played them and there is So. Much. Grinding. And GT4 with it's 12 hour+ endurance races, including an actual 24h Nurburgring & Le Mans! Who ever actually completed those? 

I've played the Forza series since and really enjoyed it, though I've only played 1-3. I have Forza 4 and I haven't played any of the Horizon games yet. I will get to these eventually. I feel like I get to use more cars, there's less races with boring low-class cars, and TBH the rewind feature they incorporated beginning with Forza 3 is huge. 

Also saw some guys talking about PGA 2K. I actually went the other direction and picked up Everybody's Golf, which is the new name of the Hot Shots Golf series. The character models are very anime/Japanese inspired. But this series has always been fun and casual for me to play. The courses are unique and it comes off like a perfect blend of a game that's easy to pick up but difficult to master. And I've never shot -22 in a round like I commonly did on the supposedly realistic EA Tiger games back on the PS2. Plus in this version you get to create yourself (or any avatar) and level up your skills as you play.

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

• 4 months later...

Bumping this thread so we can talk about the games here 

I use my XSX for Game Pass Ultimate mainly

On my XSX I’m absolutely loving the new hot wheels dlc for Forza horizon 5. My son and I have been playing Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Shredder’s Revenge and man is it so good. If you grew up playing the arcade and Snes games then you have to play this 

Ive also got back into Outriders a bit with the WorldSlayer release. 
Art of Rally is a great chill racing game.

I came from PS4 so I got a PS5 as well

Not really playing too much of one game at the moment. Been mixing in Wreckfest, Returnal pga21, and fall guys.

• 2 months later...

Just picked up the new PGA 23. Have not gotten to far into it, decent so far.

Have not been into anything lately. AC Valhalla did not enjoy (I liked AC Odyssey I think that one ruined Valhalla for me).

Am interested in the new MW, like @Golfspy_Lukeshave not played a MW in a very long time, since blackout. My son and I play MW 1/2 OG occasionally which is fun.

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

I am still wanting to pick up a Switch more than anything. I am happy with my PS4 and X360 as I'm still finding great games to play.

I just finished the Tomb Raider reboot from 2013(?) It was a decent game, very comparable to the Uncharted series. Raider has much better combat, Uncharted has the better story & voice acting. Platforming and puzzle solving is fun in both. What I don't like about these games is that they are short & for me, there is zero replayability. 

Now I'm jumping back to The Witcher 2: Assassin of Kings on 360. I didn't even know this came out for consoles, and no one talks about it. Given the love for Wild Hunt, I would think more would want to play this game? I'm still in Act 1, but it's a good game so far.

I played the first Assassin's Creed and just couldn't get into it. It was super repetitive and the controls were wonky. I've heard they improved almost everything after that one, But I'm not sure if I want to go back to the series yet.

Take Dead Aim

I went through the game pass offerings recently and downloaded a whole bunch of games to try out.

@Golfspy_Lukes I've tried that Art of Rally game too, pretty fun casual game.

I played a little bit of Deathloop, and am starting to get into it, but it didn't capture me right away.

I finally am starting to play Mass Effect and got hooked on that pretty quick.  The remaster for series X looks pretty good too. 

I'd also be lying if I said I wasn't interested in the COD released today.  It's been a while since I've played them but this one looks pretty good.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

5 hours ago, GolfSpy_BOS said:

I went through the game pass offerings recently and downloaded a whole bunch of games to try out.

I played a little bit of Deathloop, and am starting to get into it, but it didn't capture me right away.

I finally am starting to play Mass Effect and got hooked on that pretty quick.  The remaster for series X looks pretty good too. 

I'd also be lying if I said I wasn't interested in the COD released today.  It's been a while since I've played them but this one looks pretty good.

I caved and bought COD for the first time since Black Ops II.  I enjoyed the beta so I figured why not 

Having a lot of fun with multiplayer right now.

Admittedly, not much of a shooter guy, but my game of choice arrives November 8. Football Manager 23. Sprung for the console edition since I don't have the time for the full throated time sink the PC version is, but really excited. Also really enjoying F1 Manager as well right now. Likely looking for some Black Friday deals on games I missed during the year (c'mon The Quarry!) and still have Life Is Strange: True Colors to get through

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

On 10/28/2022 at 2:32 PM, Golfspy_Lukes said:

I caved and bought COD for the first time since Black Ops II.  I enjoyed the beta so I figured why not 

Having a lot of fun with multiplayer right now.

You inspired me to also cave. Purchased and played a few rounds. I think it’s great. Much better than the last few. 

I got into war zone too late, and don’t love the battle royale style all the time so I am enjoying having the full game and getting traditional multiplayer games. 

The graphics are filthy, and I enjoy the updated way LPVO and scopes work. 

glad to have a FPS to enjoy again!

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

On 10/28/2022 at 3:30 PM, GolfSpy_BOS said:

Mass effect is a huge win. Pretty sure I've gone through the series 3 or more times. 

The PS4 has been collecting dust recently. Just been too busy and haven't had the ambition to play. 

Maybe something soon will catch my attention. 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

5 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Mass effect is a huge win. Pretty sure I've gone through the series 3 or more times. 

The PS4 has been collecting dust recently. Just been too busy and haven't had the ambition to play. 

Maybe something soon will catch my attention. 

It’s cuz it’s not an Xbox. 😉

no but I feel you. Game Pass reinvigorated my interest as prior to that I probably had three or four games I played. It’s really awesome to be able to try more games without a financial consequence if you don’t like it. 

Who is playing PGA Tour 2K23?

I am wondering if there is a way that we can do a little competition between anyone who is playing it?

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

26 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Who is playing PGA Tour 2K23?

I am wondering if there is a way that we can do a little competition between anyone who is playing it?

Waiting for it to go on sale. Almost no changes other than grindy Micro transaction system (typical 2k garbage). 

Might just hold on out for the new EA PGA Tour game next spring

Meanwhile, I'm addicted to the new Call of Duty. 

jlukes7 on PS5

On 10/28/2022 at 9:30 AM, GolfSpy_BOS said:

Mass Effect Trilogy is a great series and BioWare did a great job with the crew interactions. Don't play Andromeda

Take Dead Aim

31 minutes ago, DiscipleofPenick said:

Mass Effect Trilogy is a great series and BioWare did a great job with the crew interactions. Don't play Andromeda

Lol a good friend of mine who is more hip with the youth of today has told me this about Andromeda:

”Andromeda is buns.”

so he agrees with your statement!

14 hours ago, stephenmatt said:

I have been playing the new COD and I must say it is the most fun I have had playing a multiplayer COD in a long time!

I have to agree... I've had fun with the Call of Duty Mobile game on my ipad, but for consoles this has been the best one for me in a longggg time.

I'm finally getting to some of the unlocks that I like and getting more of a set up I prefer.

Just now, GolfSpy_BOS said:

I have to agree... I've had fun with the Call of Duty Mobile game on my ipad, but for consoles this has been the best one for me in a longggg time.

I'm finally getting to some of the unlocks that I like and getting more of a set up I prefer.

You guys are making me think long and hard about diving back in. Mgs cod tourney? Haha 

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

4 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

You guys are making me think long and hard about diving back in. Mgs cod tourney? Haha 

Now that would be fun!

it’s been. Awhile since I enjoyed a FPS, but this seems to have the magic formula. 

Just now, Golfspy_Lukes said:

MGS Clan rise up!

I'll totally make that my clan tag.  by default I use what my college roommates and I always used to use... but I think I'm the only one now! haha

I am definitely on the edge with the COD purchase... hmm

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Football Manager delayed to unannounced date... for PS5 only. Awesome 😞

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

• 1 month later...

Got a PS5 not exactly for Christmas, just the timing worked that way for swapping to a new cell phone provider and finally got a chance to sit down and play a little bit... or I thought I had time. 

I got 2 games to start.

F1 manager - so far fun, but pretty long and tedious. The nice part is that it goes by quick and can be somewhat mindless so a good thing to play when not wanting to think too hard. Especially when you have a back marker like I chose with Aston Martin. The development time for that car will be at least a season or two... at best. 

God of War 2018: This one I was really excited for and finally broke into in last night... for all of 6 or 7 minutes.... I wanted to play for a hour or so, however baby had other plans. I have seen lots about the game so I know a lot of what is coming and what to expect, but still was a bit of a bummer when didn't get a good chance to crack into it. However family first and the game can always wait till a time when they are asleep or well have some more patients for me to play! Oh and it was free which was maybe the real win!

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Excited for Diablo 4

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

Going to give the Xbox Game Pass a try here soon. Got a new TV that has cloud support which I think is really cool, as I don't have the time to commit to purchasing a console and make it worth the price. Haven't played any video games in a looooooong time, but looking forward to seeing what that cloud streaming is all about!

Driver: :titleist-small: TSi3 9* Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

Fairways: :cobra-small: Aerojet Max 3W & 7W MCA Kai'Li White 60 Stiff

Hybrid: :cobra-small: King TEC 3H MCA MMT 85g Stiff

Irons: :cobra-small: Aerojet 6-GW KBS $-taper Lite Stiff

Wedges: :cobra-small: Snakebite Black 52/56/60 Hi-Rev 2.0 Black Stiff

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2.0

Ball: :maxfli: Tour X :titleist-small: ProV1x

#LeftyGang

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge (link here)

Unofficial FootJoy Hyperflex BOA 2023 Review

Unofficial Flightscope Mevo Review

I’m still digging MWII. The campaign was fun and the multiplayer has so much variety this time around that I find myself changing game types depending o what I want to do. 

haven’t even tried warzone yet, but DMZ can be fun. I like that it’s the warzone style but the whole game isn’t about eliminating all players. The option to go in, do a job, and extract with some loot is fun. 

I think they did a good job with the camo challenges too.  Not something that usually excites me, but it makes for more interesting matches when you’re trying to get something unlocked. Unless there’s 6 people running riot shields and RPGs. That can be pretty annoying.