The Good Morning Thread

GolfSpy_APH

4 hours ago, IndyBonzo said:

Good morning Spies!

Keep up the course management @cksurfdude!  It seems to work.  After watching several Golf Sidekick vids on the topic, I am going to try “the way of the playah” as he calls it.   Wish I had his swing tho!  

So I bought a used driving iron/hybrid for $40.  Planning to keep the ball in play a little more certainly on tighter / shorter holes.  In 45 years of golf I have never had one. Curious to learn if it will kick a hybrid out of my bag?   It arrives in a few days.

Sending you and your family and friends safe wishes @Rickp.

Happy Tuesday to all!

Thanks!!

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

35 minutes ago, tdroma98 said:

Good Morning Spies

Beautiful & warm Central Florida Morning, the calm before the storm.  Got to the range early this morning, much needed range session, finally. Anticipating courses being closed tomorrow due to Hurricane Idalia coming through, Women 🤣!
Prayers with you & your wife @Rickp, stay safe!

Finally having that first cup of coffee! Working from home, it will be slow day due to Hurricane. Have a Great Day Spies! Hit'em straight! ⛳

From the latest model we are on the right edge of the path.  I don’t like the looks of Cedar Key and Tampa.

Rick

Left Hand, 

54 minutes ago, Rickp said:

From the latest model we are on the right edge of the path.  I don’t like the looks of Cedar Key and Tampa.

We might get some outer bands on this current track. But you are correct about Cedar Key, they appear they will be hammered.  You stay safe! 

Titleist T200 Irons - 5i thru Gap Wedge - Stiff AMT Black

Callaway PARADYM X 9.0 with Hazrdous X Black 6.0 Stiff Shaft

Fairway Woods:  Callaway Maverick 3W & RazrX Black 5W - Stiff Flex

Rescue:  Apex 4 (22 degree )- Recoil 75H stiff flex 

Wedges: Titleist SM8 - 54 (D Grind) wedge flex; SM8 58(M grind) wedge flex

Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom X5.5

Ball: Titleist ProV1

Handicap: 0

Anyone play the G425 Hybrids?  I have been hearing from several on here that they really like.  I might want to try but, Looking for some comments.  Currently playing a Callaway Super which I purchased due to its stability as compared to TM and others I have tried.

Any help appreciated.

A former plus handicapper who must settle for mid 70s to mid 80 scores today.  After taking 10 years off due to back issues, my driver length has decreased by 40 yards on average.  I look forward to any training aids, shaft improvements, club enhancements to get back part of what was lost.

5 hours ago, BallsLeon said:

Good morning spies!

Another beautiful day outside, too bad I’m in the office all day. Have a lesson after work, hopefully can dial things in a little bit before playing with @Tom the Golf Nut tomorrow! 👍🏻

Have fun and you're in for a treat, Tom is a good golfer and a great person. I've been fortunate enough to play with him a few times and enjoyed it. 

18 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

Have fun and you're in for a treat, Tom is a good golfer and a great person. I've been fortunate enough to play with him a few times and enjoyed it. 

Sir Chunk,  Where do you play in Cleveland?  Back a number of years ago, I finished third in the TN State 2 Ball tournament at Cleveland CC.  Only time I ever played there.

A former plus handicapper who must settle for mid 70s to mid 80 scores today.  After taking 10 years off due to back issues, my driver length has decreased by 40 yards on average.  I look forward to any training aids, shaft improvements, club enhancements to get back part of what was lost.

4 minutes ago, RwsGolf1 said:

Sir Chunk,  Where do you play in Cleveland?  Back a number of years ago, I finished third in the TN State 2 Ball tournament at Cleveland CC.  Only time I ever played there.

I play most of my rounds at Flagstone Golf Course and will occasionally play at Falcon Pointe which used to be Waterville. I've never had the privilege of playing at the CC, but have drove by there several times. It's really cool you got to play there. 

Starting to get some outer band rain squalls from Hurricane Idalia, in East Orlando area.  Wind isn't too bad on the western side of storm, but it's bringing some rain. 

Titleist T200 Irons - 5i thru Gap Wedge - Stiff AMT Black

Callaway PARADYM X 9.0 with Hazrdous X Black 6.0 Stiff Shaft

Fairway Woods:  Callaway Maverick 3W & RazrX Black 5W - Stiff Flex

Rescue:  Apex 4 (22 degree )- Recoil 75H stiff flex 

Wedges: Titleist SM8 - 54 (D Grind) wedge flex; SM8 58(M grind) wedge flex

Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom X5.5

Ball: Titleist ProV1

Handicap: 0

1 minute ago, tdroma98 said:

Starting to get some outer band rain squalls from Hurricane Idalia, in East Orlando area.  Wind isn't too bad on the western side of storm, but it's bringing some rain. 

Yup, we got our 1st band around 5:00.  

Rick

Left Hand, 

1 hour ago, sirchunksalot said:

I play most of my rounds at Flagstone Golf Course and will occasionally play at Falcon Pointe which used to be Waterville. I've never had the privilege of playing at the CC, but have drove by there several times. It's really cool you got to play there. 

Yes, back when I used to be able to play this game. LOL

43 minutes ago, Rickp said:

Yup, we got our 1st band around 5:00.  

We got our first about 90 minutes ago.  About 3 hours south of you.

3 minutes ago, RwsGolf1 said:

We got our first about 90 minutes ago.  About 3 hours south of you.

Yup, working it’s way up.  Wind is really picking up.

Rick

Left Hand, 

2 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

Good morning everyone!

Happy Hump Day! It's the halfway point of the week and there's a holiday weekend coming up. I'm taking off work starting tomorrow and returning next Wednesday. We have my wife's gallbladder surgery tomorrow.

It's a nice morning here and I'm enjoying my coffee and am about to see if I can figure out how to check the status of my lease car inspection. Online stuff is great, but it can be a pain. 

I hope you all have a great day!

Good luck to your wife with surgery tomorrow.  

Rick

Left Hand,