Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Callaway Paradym Drivers - 2023 Forum Review

Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Follow the Testers main post and reviews in the links below!

Callaway Paradym X Driver - @cksurfdude TESTING POST

Callaway Paradym Standard - @Invader Zim 315 TESTING POST

Callaway Paradym Standard - @StrokerAce  TESTING POST

Callaway Paradym Standard - @Samuel09152Re-Review Testing Post

Callaway Paradym TD - @azstu324 TESTING POST

I am in test mode with shafts on the Paradym.  I have played one round with both my KINETIXX Velocity LD and the Graphite Design Tour AD UB-6.  I just received the Ventus TR Red from @Ben Joest and will do a round today with that after some work obligations this morning.  I sent him the Ventus Black for testing on his end.  

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

5 hours ago, Josh Parker said:

I am in test mode with shafts on the Paradym.  I have played one round with both my KINETIXX Velocity LD and the Graphite Design Tour AD UB-6.  I just received the Ventus TR Red from @Ben Joest and will do a round today with that after some work obligations this morning.  I sent him the Ventus Black for testing on his end.  

I love all this sharing of equipment between spies. I know not everyone will do that, but it's just really great to see. Shows how good of a group we have on MGS.

In My Sun Mountain C-130 'merica Cart Bag:
Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth+ Rocket 3W, 13.5* turned down to 12.75*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 75g
Fairway: :Sub70: 949x 3w, 15*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 70g
Fairway: :Sub70: 949x 5w, 18*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX, 60g
Hybrid: :Sub70: 939x 4H (21*), Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Black, 90g
Irons: :Takomo: 101's, 5-PW, :truetemper: DG120 S300
Wedges: :Sub70: 286 @ 50*, JBFG @ 54* & 60*, :truetemper: DG120 S300
Putter: :Sub70: 002 Mid-Mallet @ 35", Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0, Desert Camo
Ball: :maxfli: Tour & Testing :OnCore: Vero X1
Technology: :ShotScope: H4 w/ Tags, Pro L2 Rangefinder

Got the All-Fit adapter on and put on the Paradym head this morning - it's a mighty-fine looking combo, IMHO 🙂 (I have to remember to take off that GD price sticker at the bottom of the shaft - I only ever remember it's there when I take pictures).  

Gonna try to hit into a net today, and then I'll have it out with me tomorrow!  So cool to put it all together this morning - I am by no means a professional club-builder, so I was a LITTLE nervous I would mess something up, but happy to report everything went together perfectly.  

Really excited to give this thing a proper twirl. 

IMG_7694.jpeg

Driver - PXG 0811 XF - Gen 5, 9 degrees (+1 setting), Oban Devotion TR 65 04
3/5 Wood - Cobra LTDx Max (Blue Colorway)
Utility - Caley X01 Driving Iron (3 = 18*)
Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T
Wedges (48, 52, 56, 60) - Indi Wedges FLX 48 / ATK 52, 56, 60
Putter - L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 - 65*
Ball - Chrome Tour Triple-Track

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, shmiddddy said:

Has anyone found the paradym driver dead?? Just no feel.. played it a while and even when I get it from the screws it feels terrible like a miss? Like the head is dead.

When I first got mine I felt like it sounded muted but as I have continued with it, the sound seemed to change to a more "normal" sound and feel.  

Not sure if anyone else has had that or not. 

5 hours ago, shmiddddy said:

Has anyone found the paradym driver dead?? Just no feel.. played it a while and even when I get it from the screws it feels terrible like a miss? Like the head is dead.

I’ve been playing the TD for a season now, and have not experienced this. Has great feel and feedback, try a different shaft?

3 hours ago, Josh Parker said:

When I first got mine I felt like it sounded muted but as I have continued with it, the sound seemed to change to a more "normal" sound and feel.  

Not sure if anyone else has had that or not. 

I’d say so, the change from titanium to carbon is a big difference in feel and sound.

I like golf. You should like golf. If life is tough, play more golf!

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5, Graphite Design Tour AD-MJ 6x

Titleist TSr3 18 Degree, Graphite Design Tour Ad-DI 7x

Takomo 301CB's, KBS Tours 120S

Vokey SM8 48 10F, 52 08F, 56 08M, 60 08M

Odyssey O-Works Jailbird Mini, Versa Scheme, 17" Fatso 3.0 Grip, 40"

Jazz Tacoma Cart Bag

Titleist Pro V1x

6 hours ago, shmiddddy said:

Which model do you have? I have the TD and have plenty of feel with it. I know where I hit it on the face. When it is hit perfectly it’s like a hot knife through butter. Meaning muted sound and you can feel it was pure. There is also a hot spot high on the toe (many modern drivers have that).

Play like a champion today!

13 hours ago, shmiddddy said:

Hmmm wonder if yours might be defective .. like a hairline crack in it somewhere..?? Maybe hit up Callaway customer service?

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

58 minutes ago, shmiddddy said:

i can get it out the screws, but it feels like a bad heel miss, tried TR blue, ven red, the stock hzrdus, all the same... ill inspect the head, 

Ya I’m not sure about that, I don’t believe the HZRDUS Gen4 is a great fit for this driver but I have hit some stupid bombs off the heel, and some high in the face like Java said. Generally this seems to be a very forgiving yet fortuitous driver. 

I like golf. You should like golf. If life is tough, play more golf!

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5, Graphite Design Tour AD-MJ 6x

Titleist TSr3 18 Degree, Graphite Design Tour Ad-DI 7x

Takomo 301CB's, KBS Tours 120S

Vokey SM8 48 10F, 52 08F, 56 08M, 60 08M

Odyssey O-Works Jailbird Mini, Versa Scheme, 17" Fatso 3.0 Grip, 40"

Jazz Tacoma Cart Bag

Titleist Pro V1x

55 minutes ago, TylorJudd said:

Ya I’m not sure about that, I don’t believe the HZRDUS Gen4 is a great fit for this driver but I have hit some stupid bombs off the heel, and some high in the face like Java said. Generally this seems to be a very forgiving yet fortuitous driver. 

Agree! I have the Project X HZRDUS Smoke Yellow Stiff 60 G. It’s a counter balance shaft. I took out the HZRDUS Smoke Black and put in the Yellow. Night and Day with the results. However, that is just my preference and results. Your preference and results may be different. 

Play like a champion today!

First, I would like to express my gratitude and appreciation for this forum, My Golf Spy staff, members, and to Callaway. This is an opportunity that never happens for me, but here I am, more excited than anything else. I hope my review is something that helps everyone going forward. So again, THANK YOU! Now lets get to work!

Let me introduce myself, I’m Sam! I’m the stereotypical computer nerd, except I love sports and talking to those I care about. I am married to my wonderful wife and have an 11-month daughter (whom I cannot wait until she is old enough to golf). I walk with a limp due to a knee that has had roughly 30 surgeries (this is why I always say BE THE BLESSING in the GM thread) but that does not stop me from anything.

Family1_1.jpg.5d04604636b1e080b05b1006bf7f5064.jpgFamily3_3.jpg.7f07de1b47f17b8dd17566dcc78eaaf6.jpgFamily_0.jpg.2cee0592e49790e0b03a7811e1778e6e.jpg

I started playing golf 27 years of age but did not start taking it serious until this year at the age of 32. I know play 2 times a week, and practice almost every day. Since doing this my handicap has dropped from 25+ to 18.8. Unfortunately, I have figured out golf is 90% mental and % physical. This is where my big problem is because I am your classic overthinker. I truly believe that my ball striking, and length are good enough to get my handicap down to a 12 or lower, but my mind is always in the way (This is something my wife will say). The more I learn the more I want to realize the game of golf is supposed to be played hole to tee not tee to hole (still struggling with this).

thumbnail_IMG_0659.jpg.4cd6e148b8a019d64e4076d5e7a12d0d.jpg

I would say my biggest strengths are approach shots and chipping. My worst attributes are driving and putting. My irons/ ball sticking is getting there also, I practice that almost daily. I love to also take shadow swings (kind of like shadow boxing). 

Expectations for the Paradym:

“Drive for show, putt for dough”, is the old saying. Well, I’m here to tell you I’m a show horse, well actually a show pony because I’ve not made it to horse status yet. Currently with my TaylorMade Sim Max Draw, I have a love/hate relationship like most people with the big stick, and honestly mean it when I say it’s a show when I’m hitting it. I have just of a high chance to drive the ball 285 with a baby fade into the fairway, as I do to drive the ball 135 yards as a worm burner into the trees. I hope with the Paradym, there will be a “Paradym” shift, and my confidence is improved. I expect, after reading most of MGS’s reviews, that I will gain this through the forgiveness and added distance. We shall see! 

I plan on having a heavyweight battle between the Sim and the Paradym on the course and on the range. I will start with both on the range with Garmin R10 for the numbers. As I find my rhythm with the new club, I will transition to the course and get a better feel of its playability. Hoping for best, and this beaut will have a new house to live in (my bag). 

Unboxing or should I say unwrapping:

Oh boy heart was pounding pulling into the driveway tonight, I knew right away the Paradym was home. (I’m gonna write this quick unboxing right now before giving a more detailed write up.) Like I was saying, seeing the box on the porch had me thinking, “MGS IS THE BEST COMMUNITY AND GUYS EVER!” See this is still so cool to me, getting to test and write about this. As I walked up to the box it was ripped, halfway open and I panicked all the cool stuff snatched away from me by the USPS, but thank goodness, nothing was broken, and all was there. 

IMG_4528.jpeg.29439a61c12b42f9c8435149725ff178.jpeg

I proceeded to let my inner child out and cut the tape and opened the box to see a sweet, sweet beaut! This driver is stunning, the blue with the accents make it look like waves crashing. The gold weight and lines highlight the beautiful blue in an elegant and sophisticated way. My initial thought is this baby found a forever home! As a start to this review, with my super sleepy eyes, this driver is the best-looking driver I’ve seen in a long time. So, I can’t wait to write this tomorrow and give y’all a more detailed unboxing and initial thoughts review, and even more excited to test this puppy and find out if it really does have a forever home! For tonight the Paradym is in my dreams! 

IMG_4546.jpeg.b572c6d000f46997c01bc9bce529599e.jpeg

In the daylight, this driver is more stunning than it is at night! This is one gorgeous club. If looks where everything, this has already won my heart. I love the shape of the head as well as the color scheme. I have never seen something blend so perfect before. When this club is behind the ball, it is not overly big but not too small. It matches perfect when sitting behind the ball. The look just oozing confidence, like you know you are about to crush the ball. This club looks like something you must hit, it screams "I'm the best-looking car on the lot".  I know some people do not like the headcover, the only thing I am not a big fan of glossy/patent leather on it. I much rather have had a very matte leather on it. I do love the inside of the headcover with the fake fur/fuz in it.  Overall, visually this driver is a 10/10. (NOTE: Pictures will be added soon) 

First Impressions:

As stated, before about the looks, this is the most eye pleasing driver head I've ever used. So, 10/10 for looks from this guy! 

I carried it to the range on Day 1, hit 20 drives with it and 20 with the TM Sim max. I did not get numbers because I did not have a lot of time to really push it and get warmed up, but I was so eager to try to hit it. To start off, I hit the Sim like usual, very low-ball flight with a very hookish shot. The SIM is a draw basis one. After hitting those15 shots, I moved to the Paradym. My first Impressions of hitting the Paradym were not the best. Now, I blame this on a couple things, both of which are not the Paradym’ s fault. I was rushed trying to beat the sun, and the second was the shafts, they are x-stiff, and I don't have that kind of swing speed for that. I typically use a stiff shaft. Knowing these two factors, I continued to swing, I was too giddy not to. My first hit was a warmup, just trying to make contact, slow swing speed, but the ping off the driver face was music to my ears. It sounded like a nice little snare drum, not to loud but just enough to allow you to know that the ball was hit.  The ball was a straighter path with a baby fade. Distance was shorter but considerably good given the factors. I continued to hit 10 more, trying to get faster with each swing. The fill was leathery smooth, and it was so fluent radiating up the shaft into my hands. It was not to shaky or bouncy. It was exactly what you want to feel. I purposely used the last ten to mix the up the misses, wishing my misses where like Woods or Bird hitting free throws, but my misses are exactly that, bad misses. I hit 5 off the toe, and they felt toey. Those balls had better shapes then I expected but the sound was very clunky to me. The next 5 I worked off the heel, and those were all over the place. The feel was terrible of the heel, but to me that is good because of the instant feedback. Overall, I give my initial first swings an 8/10, but think the driver will get better as I use a shaft better fit for my game and have time to really work the ball while swinging freely with speed. 

Driverheadcovers.jpg.8c0fb68b6de186867f65f95009ba6a1a.jpg

BothDrivers.jpg.08909c7442c3b9497c343e24ae491119.jpg

driverheadshapes.jpg.8ef345b463c4276e3ae12f35d8e0e4d2.jpg

Yestrerday,12/14/2023, I decided to play 9 holes (best 9 holes I've ever played). Again, the Paradym driver performed better than I expected given the shaft issue at this time. I hit 4/7 fairways (have not done that ever), in which I contribute to the forgiveness of the driver. My longest drive of the day was 245, which makes me think with a shaft for my swing speed I will gain yardage. I played a lot more draws then normal, with one bad slice. I tell you something, this thing is awesome! I am looking forward to more practice and swings with this bad boy.   

I plan on getting swing videos and more pictures as we go through this process, but first to get a shaft that fits my game. 

Just an update, I have a different shaft coming that fits my swing speed. I will also test the Stiff Shaft versus a Xstiff shaft in this test. So, hold on tight! 

As I wait on the other shaft, I wanted to give an update. 

I played a round with the with xstiff shaft yesterday. The shaft I used was the was a 43" 75-gram Xstiff Tensei shaft. Even though with this shaft being heavy and a lot for me to swing, I'm starting to fall in love with it. I have found myself losing distance (due to not being able to whip it) but gaining accuracy, and pairing that with this forgiving Paradym Driver head, I am falling in love. I hit quite a few off centers, but constantly found that the ball was not moving with slices or hooks that I am used to seeing with the SIM Max D series. I was able to work it a little with some fades and draws to get where I needed and hit a couple bombs that gave everyone in the group a run for the money. Best drive yesterday was 260 with a roll out to 285 (this is probably the longest drive I have hit in 6 months), and it came out left with a baby fade, and landed in the middle of the fairway 115 yards from the pin. The more I hit this driver, the more impressed I am. 2nd round score is 10/10 (even with the xstiff shaft) because it performed better than expected given the shaft is still an xstiff. 

Sample Numbers from the Range:

First, I want to say it is cold outside in AL today, but still got to the range for some work. With the Paradym, both shafts are 43" and the Sim Max has a 45" driver. This will change the speed of the. I did a sample size of 5 swings with each shaft/driver head. So, you will see Paradym twice, one shaft is a Stiff Speeder 60g and the other is a XStiff Tensei 75g. The numbers surprised me and honestly really confused. I can say without any doubt I am more consistent with the Paradym and gain anywhere from 4-6 yards. I'm more confused than anything by the numbers because to me, I should have been able to get more yardage with the stiff shaft. I just feel like somehting is off but the Paradym Performed as it should. Here are the numbers with pictures of where I hit the ball on the face:

Paradym Speedster Stiff 60g:

Paradym_Stiffshaft.jpg.e9d8221aec5668377e33054101ec4f92.jpg

SimMax D Kuro Kage Stiff 60g:

SimMax_stiffshaft.jpg.6dc33ea349980e4538972271e0f600a1.jpg

Paradym Tensei XStiff 75g:

Paradym_ExtraStiffshaft.jpg.f915cf65e2cf16711cac5d2dc78ac8d7.jpg

The Numbers:

Drivernumbers.PNG.0c53d8aa8d9aacaf8dad1075866c36ab.PNG

All I know for certain given the numbers I got; I need a driver lesson! 

Update before getting back to the schedule:

As I was testing, I decided to go to my local Dick's Sporting Goods store (about an hour away) to see if they could help me find a shaft that would fit better. I got to swing 4 or 5 different shafts and finally decided on the Tensei Blue stiff 60g shaft, but as the fitter was removing the head and the washer feel into it. Something that could happen to anyone. He called Callaway and they sent us a new one. Now this usually would not have taken so long but we had an ICE storm in N. Alabama, and everything closed for about a week or so. They called last Thursday and let me know it came back in! I was super excited, I got my new shaft (cut to 44"), new grip, and now a brand new Paradym Head! I cannot wait until tonight to hit this bad boy to continue this review! it was already doing so well! Thank yall for y'alls patience.  

BACK AT IT AGAIN:

So... Let me just say the range has never felt so strange but so good, with that said you can guess how the driver really felt. See I can work on my irons in my garage with a my indoor hitting area, but there isn't enough room for me to use the driver or woods. So, getting out there today was very important for me, I needed to see how the Paradym was going to feel, and get back to knowing and feeling the club was important. A lot of mishits and not very many when the way I wanted but I started to get straighten out towards the end. The ones out the center felt like butter being sliced with a warm knife while the ones off the heel and toe were noticeable. My best one of the days according to a buddy's launch monitor was that it carried 265 and rolled outed to 285 (this is quite possibly one longest carries I have ever had). My average carry today was 220 which I will take, with only one or two being unplayable from my eyes, sorry for not having the printed numbers or shot tracer on here. I will work to get that from my buddy. Today range session with the feel of the Paradym, I give an 8/10. 

I do plan on playing tomorrow and Sunday with some buddies, so we should have more on here come Sunday! 

Saturday and Sunday range and course action:

I finally had some decent weather on Saturday, so I decided let’s get to the range and bomb some drives, give the Paradym and Tensei Blue stiff 60g shaft combo a ride. So, let’s start off with what was the bad, I cut shaft to 44" and it took a while to get the timing right. In fact, the whole range session... When I did catch it clean, I noticed I was leaving it open and swiping at it. It almost seemed like a missile 230 yards right or the flight would be high and then die because of spin. I ended up changing the head to 8 degrees and on draw basis to see if I could close the face to help and lower spin numbers. That seemed to help. This was no fault of the Paradym’ s, mainly from not swinging the big stick regularly and getting use to things again.

These are some numbers I ended up getting a couple days later:

Paradymnumbers.png.d1df5ce80759c5c72f9e205ff7dfbb41.png

So, lets fast forward to Sunday, on the way to the course I put on the "Little Red Book" for some insight on my mental checklist for the swing (I go to this when I need to refocus my swing). Pulling up to the course, I realized no driving range. OH NO! First tee pulled the ball to the right landed 150 yards in the rough next to the cart path on 9. From there on, I had one of the best driving days ever. I averaged 235 carries rolling out to 250ish into wind. I hit over 50% of the fairways which is amazing for me, and the ones I missed where not missed by much! This Paradym played so much better than my Sim Max, the confidence I got from looking at the club behind the ball was amazing! I always felt like, I was in striking distance! I give the Paradym in play on Sunday a 10/10.

Work and weather get in the way:

Yesterday’s round as well as Monday’s, this was the driver was my only saving grace. I truly believe it came from the confidence I have with this weapon in hand. With that said, I did have some bad shots with it that just sounded dead maybe after hearing my buddies hit their TS2 and M6 drivers. I did not pick up on that before either. Very interesting, and it did not bother me like it does some people. Just thought I would point it out. but I do know that I out drove both which I had not done previously.

Overall, On-Course:

After the privilege of being able to play this driver for multiple rounds now, I can say that it is truly a weapon for me. I have been able to increase my fairways found off the tee by 50% which has allowed my total yards off the average to increase as well. The look, the feel, and the shape all give confidence that I need when playing for fun, a quick match, or in a serious competition. The driver itself has deliver some great feedback when I do not strike it in the center of the face, but delivered enough forgiveness that the ball was still playable. This use to be a problem for me. The more I play with the shorter shaft and the Paradym combo, the more I love it. The more it feels like home…. I mean it found a home lol 😊 It just feels like it should. This was an easy 20 out of 20 for me!

The Good, The Bad, The In-between:

The Good is really good, I love this driver. It is a major step up from my previous driver. The Paradym delivers in every way it was promised for me. It is longer, more forgiving, and faster for me then the previous driver I had. It has been everything and then some for me. I also love the colorway! The blue with gold accents was nicely done by Callaway!

The Bad- only one thing comes to mind- the headcover!!! I absolutely wish they would have done something different with that head cover, but then what would people complain about right?

The in-Between- As you read my review it took some time for me to really get use to playing the Paradym, I unfairly blamed it at first and I say that because I now reflect on it and realize I also change the length of shaft as well. That can be a major change. I did both at once. So, this review started off kind harsh, but in the end fell in love with both. I

18 out of 20 ( -1 for the head cover, -1 for having the warmup period)

Play or Trade:

Hard choice here…. NOT!! This Paradym has found a home, it currently sits as the only club not on the chopping block in the bag. With the confidence that it gives me on the tee box, it is a no brainer for it to be played! I can safely say that it really has helped my game and I have the stats to prove it if you ever want to see my Power BI reports (Yes, I am that kind of nerd that has reports trying see my growth in the game lol).  20 out of 20!

My Conclusion and Final Score:

If you do not want to read anything else, please read this. The Paradym driver has been everything it was promised to me. I needed an upgrade in the driver portion of my bag and the Paradym did just that. It gives me confidence from the shape, style, and looks. It gave me better numbers when it came to ball speed, distance, and dispersion. The sound and feel were not loved by all, but it loved by me. If you are in search of a new driver and want a year-old model, give the Callaway Paradym Model a try!

Overall Score is 97 out of 100.

Thank You all again for this oppurinity! I loved it! 

UPDATE 3/26/2024:

As I am getting ready for the first big tournament of the season, a two man 4 ball, I have been at the range and at the course quite a bit. This Paradym has been locked and loaded almost every time (only except one Friday 9 hole practice, which was more me then the club). I have been able to constantly been able to put together some of my lowest scores in the past year, which I am attruibuting to this club because of the confidence I get on the tee box and distance/accuracy I have gained since using the Paradym. I soon will get a X5 Shot Scope Watch with data parameters, and will be able to prove it as well. Thank you again MGS! 

Update 4/5/2024

These past 2-3 weeks have been tough. While I have P-Avg on ShotScope of 249, I can not find a fairway. I am finding myself in bad bad bad spots off the tee! Gotta fix this, have been hitting the range and will figure it all out soon! 

Sim Max _ stiff shaft.jpg

Edited by Samuel09152
UPDATING!!

Samuel Hanvey 

Please all welcome and congratulate @Samuel09152 for being the next Callaway Paradym Driver Tester!

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

Congrats @Samuel09152!

Looking forward to seeing your results and if the Paradym works for you.

4 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Please all welcome and congratulate @Samuel09152 for being the next Callaway Paradym Driver Tester!

Congrats @Samuel09152, we look forward to your test of this driver, will it be good enough to create a “Paradym” shift in your long game?  

WITB? Ping G400 SFT w/Aldila Mamba shaft R flex; Ping G410 3w; Ping G400 3h(19), 4h(22), 5h(26); TaylorMade SLDR 5i (interchanges w/5h)-PW -stock graphite shafts Rflex; INDI FLX-S wedges (50, 54, 58) w/Recoil graphite shafts -Rflex and Odyssey AI-One 7T BD Milled (aka Millie), ball choice tends to be Pro-V1 or simliar 3pc urethane balls. 

Congrats! Interested to see how the Paradym fits you.

Driver: Ping G425 LST, Otto Phlex UST MP5 or GD AD-TP 6X

3 Wood: Nike Covert Tour (@16 deg), Fujikura Motore Speeder

5 Wood: Nike Covert Tour (@20 deg), Fujikura Motore Speeder 

4i Hybrid: Titleist 913h (@24 deg), Diamana Blue Board hybrid

Irons: Taylormade P790 (5-6) & P770 (7-AW), KBS C-Taper 130x (Soft-stepped 1x)

Wedges: Taylormade MG3 TW grind 56 (@55) & 60, KBS C-Taper 130x (Soft-stepped 2x)

Putter: Sacks Parente 91 aka "The Duke", 34 inches

Ball: Taylormade TP5

Congrats @Samuel09152! Have fun!

WITB:

D: :taylormade-small: QI-10 core 9* Ventus Blue TR Velocore 6x

3w: :taylormade-small: Brnr mini driver 13.5 S

3h: :ping-small: G430 19° Tour 2/Stiff

7W: :callaway-small: 21° Rogue ST Max LinQ 7X

5i-6i:  :srixon-small: ZX5 MKII Project X 6.0

7i-PW: :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII Project X 6.0

50°, 54° & 58°:   :ping-small: Glide Forged Pro

P:   :odyssey-small: White Hot Versa DW

Ball:  :bridgestone-small: Tour BX mindset

Bag:  Ghost MGS Anyday 14 way

"And so, we beat on, boats against the current, borne ceaselessly into the past." - Fitzgerald

” The woods are lovely, dark and deep,   

But I have promises to keep,   

And miles to go before I sleep,   

And miles to go before I sleep. - Frost

"That you are here—that life exists and identity,

That the powerful play goes on, and you may contribute a verse." - Whitman

6 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Thank yall for this opportunity! Can’t wait to be swinging the Paradym! 

Samuel Hanvey 

8 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Good luck @Samuel09152! I hope it works well for you and we get yet another quality review.

In My Sun Mountain C-130 'merica Cart Bag:
Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth+ Rocket 3W, 13.5* turned down to 12.75*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 75g
Fairway: :Sub70: 949x 3w, 15*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 70g
Fairway: :Sub70: 949x 5w, 18*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX, 60g
Hybrid: :Sub70: 939x 4H (21*), Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Black, 90g
Irons: :Takomo: 101's, 5-PW, :truetemper: DG120 S300
Wedges: :Sub70: 286 @ 50*, JBFG @ 54* & 60*, :truetemper: DG120 S300
Putter: :Sub70: 002 Mid-Mallet @ 35", Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0, Desert Camo
Ball: :maxfli: Tour & Testing :OnCore: Vero X1
Technology: :ShotScope: H4 w/ Tags, Pro L2 Rangefinder

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, CFreddie said:

Hey MGS - I just received my Paradym in the mail and thought I'd post a "mini-review" in this thread!  Some background - I won a SM contest over the holidays (thanks Pete Pappas on X) and was able to select any model / shaft / grip combination in the Paradym stable.  

Introduction: Please see link in signature to my intro on the 2023 Cobra Challenge 🙂 

Given I'm pretty happy with my Cobra Aerojet, this meant the Paradym has a stiff challenge ahead.  Regardless, I'm pretty pumped to try out this club, based on the pretty positive reviews in this thread (great job again @cksurfdude, @Invader Zim 315, @StrokerAce, @Samuel09152, and @azstu324!)

Fitting: First things first - I needed to try out different models and shaft options, so after calling around, I went with a local Edwin Watts, as they had all three models, and a pretty wide selection of stock & custom shafts.

Unfortunately, I didn't snap any pictures (I was too excited), but the results were pretty impressive.  I started out with the Paradym X at 10.5*, which I've read is the most "forgiving" and probably the closest to my current gamer (AJ Max).   Starting with two stock options (Hzrdus Silver & Ventus Blue Non-Velocore), I immediately noticed some positive trends in spin & dispersion, but nothing really different from my gamer with ONE exception - the X accentuated my draw, my natural shot shape, too much and nearly all of my shots were offline (without adjusting my aim direction).  Knowing the X is draw-biased, this wasn't surprising, but it was interesting to see just how much it affected my "good" shots. 

Moving on to the standard Paradym, my fitter made a couple distinct adjustments - first off, he put me in a 9* head, suggesting that it might help a bit more with spin & launch angle (most of my drivers in my AJ are pretty high as is) and he moved the heel weight to the "fade" position on the back of the club (note - the weight rail is only on the standard Paradym).  In addition, my feedback on shaft feel was that both options felt a bit "muted", and I generally prefer a shaft with a bit more feel / snappiness.  With this, he put me in the standard Ventus Blue (w/ Velocore) to try.  Within 1-2 shots, I knew I was getting closer to ideal - spin & launch were much more favorable (low 2000s and launching at 12*) and I was achieving even better carry distance (averaging 10ish yards more than my AJ Max).  In addition, my dispersion was MUCH better with the weight adjustment, hitting a very minimal baby draw each and every time.  

However, before I packed it in, my fitter suggested trying out the "TR" version of the Ventus Blue, saying it would give a bit more "snappiness" in the middle of the shaft.  After switching out, he was right (again) as the feel was more than ideal, without sacrificing any of the gains seen in the original VB.  

Note - I had the opportunity to try out the Triple Diamond version, but knowing my proclivity for sub-par ball striking (at times), I decided it was worth to get a little bit more forgiveness and stay with the standard Paradym.  

All-in-all, my final build specs were as follows:

- Paradym at 9* (neutral collar)

- Ventus TR Blue 6S

- GP Tour Velvet Mid-Size (no wraps)

Unboxing: After a short wait (10 days), it has arrived!!!  Based on the previous reviews, I was bracing for a damaged box, but it looks like everything arrived intact!

Some initial thoughts:

- I agree with the other testers...the headcover must go.  Its just a bit too much for my liking, but thats an easy switch out

- While most drivers are adjustable, its a bit strange that Callaway doesn't include an adjustment tool (especially for a $500+ club).  

- Regardless of these two knocks, the club is absolutely beautiful - Callaway knocked it out of the park with the colorway and design.  

Thats all for now - I'll plan to update this post after I get to the range and do a side by side comparison with my AJ.  

Thanks!

IMG_4536.jpeg

IMG_4537.jpeg

IMG_4538.jpeg

IMG_4535.jpeg

IMG_4539.jpeg

What a win!  Looking forward to hearing what you think!  I have the TD with Velocore Blue 6s 

1 minute ago, Josh Parker said:

What a win!  Looking forward to hearing what you think!  I have the TD with Velocore Blue 6s 

Awesome - really excited to put this side by side on the range!

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge/Testing Bag (Link Here)

Driver: image.png.ca83f4e6716da9276cf90826f633daca.png Paradym with Ventus TR Blue 60 Stiff

Fairways:  image.png.c4f821ba6925e5e146c31600685bf103.png Aerojet Max 3W & 7W with Hzrdus Smoke Blue RDX 70 Stiff

Hybrid:  image.png.c21137d282a252fb544e47aceb520176.png King TEC 5H with KBS PGI 95 Stiff

Irons:  image.png.6621a18e06b1717c1f774c4a561fd7d8.png Forged TEC 5-GW with KBS Tour Lite Stiff

Wedges:  image.png.ca83f4e6716da9276cf90826f633daca.png Jaws Raw Plasma 54 & 58

Putter:  image.png.c8e6824d2c38fa85d20ca21913fbb2b1.pngPhantom X 5.5

Ball: 2023 Maxfli Tour

Other Reviews:

Callaway Paradym

Titleist White Box Testing (2023)

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

48 minutes ago, CFreddie said:

Hey MGS - I just received my Paradym in the mail and thought I'd post a "mini-review" in this thread!  Some background - I won a SM contest over the holidays (thanks Pete Pappas on X) and was able to select any model / shaft / grip combination in the Paradym stable.  

Introduction: Please see link in signature to my intro on the 2023 Cobra Challenge 🙂 

Given I'm pretty happy with my Cobra Aerojet, this meant the Paradym has a stiff challenge ahead.  Regardless, I'm pretty pumped to try out this club, based on the pretty positive reviews in this thread (great job again @cksurfdude, @Invader Zim 315, @StrokerAce, @Samuel09152, and @azstu324!)

Fitting: First things first - I needed to try out different models and shaft options, so after calling around, I went with a local Edwin Watts, as they had all three models, and a pretty wide selection of stock & custom shafts.

Unfortunately, I didn't snap any pictures (I was too excited), but the results were pretty impressive.  I started out with the Paradym X at 10.5*, which I've read is the most "forgiving" and probably the closest to my current gamer (AJ Max).   Starting with two stock options (Hzrdus Silver & Ventus Blue Non-Velocore), I immediately noticed some positive trends in spin & dispersion, but nothing really different from my gamer with ONE exception - the X accentuated my draw, my natural shot shape, too much and nearly all of my shots were offline (without adjusting my aim direction).  Knowing the X is draw-biased, this wasn't surprising, but it was interesting to see just how much it affected my "good" shots. 

Moving on to the standard Paradym, my fitter made a couple distinct adjustments - first off, he put me in a 9* head, suggesting that it might help a bit more with spin & launch angle (most of my drivers in my AJ are pretty high as is) and he moved the heel weight to the "fade" position on the back of the club (note - the weight rail is only on the standard Paradym).  In addition, my feedback on shaft feel was that both options felt a bit "muted", and I generally prefer a shaft with a bit more feel / snappiness.  With this, he put me in the standard Ventus Blue (w/ Velocore) to try.  Within 1-2 shots, I knew I was getting closer to ideal - spin & launch were much more favorable (low 2000s and launching at 12*) and I was achieving even better carry distance (averaging 10ish yards more than my AJ Max).  In addition, my dispersion was MUCH better with the weight adjustment, hitting a very minimal baby draw each and every time.  

However, before I packed it in, my fitter suggested trying out the "TR" version of the Ventus Blue, saying it would give a bit more "snappiness" in the middle of the shaft.  After switching out, he was right (again) as the feel was more than ideal, without sacrificing any of the gains seen in the original VB.  

Note - I had the opportunity to try out the Triple Diamond version, but knowing my proclivity for sub-par ball striking (at times), I decided it was worth to get a little bit more forgiveness and stay with the standard Paradym.  

- Ventus TR Blue 6S

Unboxing: After a short wait (10 days), it has arrived!!!  Based on the previous reviews, I was bracing for a damaged box, but it looks like everything arrived intact!

Some initial thoughts:

- I agree with the other testers...the headcover must go.  Its just a bit too much for my liking, but thats an easy switch out

- While most drivers are adjustable, its a bit strange that Callaway doesn't include an adjustment tool (especially for a $500+ club).  

- Regardless of these two knocks, the club is absolutely beautiful - Callaway knocked it out of the park with the colorway and design.  

Thats all for now - I'll plan to update this post after I get to the range and do a side by side comparison with my AJ.  

Thanks!

IMG_4536.jpeg

IMG_4537.jpeg

IMG_4538.jpeg

IMG_4535.jpeg

IMG_4539.jpeg

Dude, so sick!!!! The pgapappas giveaways were crazy awesome. 

Driver: :titleist-small: TSi3 9* Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

Fairways: :cobra-small: Aerojet Max 3W & 7W MCA Kai'Li White 60 Stiff

Hybrid: :cobra-small: King TEC 3H MCA MMT 85g Stiff

Irons: :cobra-small: Aerojet 6-GW KBS $-taper Lite Stiff

Wedges: :cobra-small: Snakebite Black 52/56/60 Hi-Rev 2.0 Black Stiff

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2.0

Ball: :maxfli: Tour X :titleist-small: ProV1x

#LeftyGang

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge (link here)

Unofficial FootJoy Hyperflex BOA 2023 Review

Unofficial Flightscope Mevo Review

1 hour ago, CFreddie said:

- Ventus TR Blue 6S

Some initial thoughts:

Thanks!

IMG_4536.jpeg

IMG_4537.jpeg

IMG_4538.jpeg

IMG_4535.jpeg

IMG_4539.jpeg

Congratulations fellow spy!!

I can wait to read what your feedback is on that club as I am a BIG (well Im short 😂) of Callaway

9 hours ago, CFreddie said:

- Ventus TR Blue 6S

Some initial thoughts:

Thanks!

IMG_4536.jpeg

IMG_4537.jpeg

IMG_4538.jpeg

IMG_4535.jpeg

IMG_4539.jpeg

Worth the review even if it is just for the shaft!

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)