Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

SwingU Golf App - 2023 Forum Review

Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Follow testers main posts in the links below!

@tdc1 TESTING POST

@acatalano32 TESTING POST

@Bluesman57 TESTING POST

@MuniGolfer TESTING POST

@DeBartola_B TESTING POST

@Dave73nl TESTING POST

Community Call Live Q&A Video Link - July 6, 2023 - https://youtu.be/4msAyJau5Nw

Congrats to the testers! I'm very interested in how the app-based shot-tracking compares to existing hardware-based systems.

:callaway-small: Epic Flash

:cobra-small: King F8 3W

:callaway-small: Epic Flash Max 7W

:ping-small: G425 4i-PW

:cleveland-small: CBX2 50/54/58

:bettinardi-small: Inovai 6.0

:taylormade-small: Tour Response or :wilson_staff_small: Triad (both thanks to MGS testing) 

On 6/21/2023 at 2:11 AM, GolfSpy_APH said:

Testers Announced! 

image.pngPlease welcome and congratulate our testers!

@acatalano32

@Bluesman57

@MuniGolfer

@DeBartola_B

@B_R_A_D_Y

@Dave73nl

Congratulations Testers!!!   

I have been using SwingU app before it was SwingU and based on the phone's internal GPS system it is more screen time and brightness that uses battery power so make sure you have a backup power source to keep the screen up (will go to screen off power save if not touched for 10 minutes).

Looking forward to reading all about how others experience compares to my own!

Derek 🖌️ Verified Hack, ~21 handicap 🙂  Golf for exercise and peace of mind.  ⛳

|> Big Dogs: First Strike Rattlesnake (10)TeelessTM (13), Tommy Armour TA1 3h :1332069271_TommyArmour: (19)Ginty Trouble Club 1582792763_GintyLogo(4)35h.jpg.fc3c835085ee4b6630b4ac7543b068c3.jpg (29)

|> Blades: First StrikeTM DeliveranceTM 4(23) 5(26) 6(29) 7(33) 8(37) 9(41) P(45)  

|> Wedges: Worx 429668682_worx30.png.ecb184a97c8fb80112252b57c05f40c2.png (55)  Lovett 1857218720_LovetSandWedge2(2)30v.jpg.e22c477791c7dd1d962d07e9624df8cf.jpg (59) 

|> Flatstick: L.A.B. Golf DF2.1  ⛳ 2104071333_DrizzleStickLogo25.jpg.4a85e684857a33281ff6a12753532913.jpg  1935535164_ZeroFrictionLogo25.jpg.4af6ce349cb7b5117d2a8bb409c4b51f.jpg :OnCore: :footjoy-small:

⛳  :1590477705_SunMountain:C130 Supercharged 🌲  :Clicgear:3.5+  🌳  1197970276_COBALTicon15tall.jpg.92ebd5a63e6ab7d194096885e37eeb52.jpgQ6 Slope   🏌️‍♂️ SwingU2023logowhite30.jpg.238c607458394f36c7b0cd29738166fc.jpgPremium  

💻 1529843961_EPLogosm.jpg.3a2a74e3a5b6c64d4cdd1489a5d253b0.jpgMGS Logo  🌐 646255544_dghLogo30.jpg.9383a65e038b6a10ea92d0ada58bbc58.jpgBall mark   ⛳   IGBRC  International Golf Ball Rescue Commission / Founder

295785881_PGAHOPE_H_4Ch30.png.6317ecb613080e94b9fe996cd81462c1.png Graduate/Mentor     1698190715_StickHackLogo2021(3)20pixelstall.png.f28e1067b8bbf26fbd9d4c6c277f1a5d.png "The World's Greatest Golf Club Without The Course" Member #334 

2020 Official Tester - PuttUp mat logo_full_331d238c-3cab-4f84-ac72-d09e86f448c5_300x-12.png.8c8aee17ee565b3b96970802313957f9.png ⛳  2021 Official Tester - Inesis Waterproof Grip Golf Shoes :Inesis:

2022 Official Tester - L.A.B.Putters 1382751340_L.A.B.Golflogo30.jpg.c054d635e47d481685d732a542e111af.jpg  ⛳ 2023 Official Tester - Red Rooster Sussex Golf Glove  :redrooster:

2023 Official Tester - Lean Lock Putter LeanLockLogo.jpg.79bf29d6bf78b2208e2a58de63e92193.jpg  ⛳  2024 Official Tester - Callaway Smoke Driver :callaway-small:

It's all lies I tell you, everywhere the golf ball comes to rest! ⛳

Congratulations Testers!!⛳

Titleist T200 Irons - 5i thru Gap Wedge - Stiff AMT Black

Callaway PARADYM X 9.0 with Hazrdous X Black 6.0 Stiff Shaft

Fairway Woods:  Callaway Maverick 3W & RazrX Black 5W - Stiff Flex

Rescue:  Apex 4 (22 degree )- Recoil 75H stiff flex 

Wedges: Titleist SM8 - 54 (D Grind) wedge flex; SM8 58(M grind) wedge flex

Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom X5.5

Ball: Titleist ProV1

Handicap: 0

On 6/21/2023 at 8:21 AM, Tom the Golf Nut said:

I have received emails from them all the time with golf news and such. I was always interested in the app but never pulled the trigger. This will be interesting to follow along. 

FWIW, I previously used the SwingU app until I was told about 18Birdies, which I like much better. I've only used the free versions of both so I can't compare their relative merits on the paid-only features.

Congrats. to these testers, interested in seeing how this app may compare to other's currently available.

Driver & Fairway: :titleist-small: Titleist TSR3 10 degree - :Fuji: Ventus TR Blue & :titleist-small: TSR3 15 - :projectx: Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black 

Hybrid: :callaway-small: Callaway Apex UW 19 - :projectx: Hzrdus Smoke Black

Irons: :titleist-small: Titleist T200 3G (4) & T150 - (5-G) - :projectx: Project X LZ 

Wedges: :vokey-small: Vokey SM8 54, and 58

Putter: :cameron-small: Cameron Phantom X 7

Ball: :titleist-small: Pro V1 & :maxfli: Maxfli Tour

Hi all, my name is Chris Chaney and I'm the Product Marketing Manager at SwingU. We're excited to take part in this testing and looking forward to @acatalano32 @Bluesman57 @MuniGolfer @DeBartola_B @B_R_A_D_Y and @Dave73nl taking the Pro version of the app for a spin over the next few months.

Like many of you, I've been a fan of MGS for a while, and as a lurker on the forum since *checks profile* 2015, I know firsthand the value this site and these user reviews can offer. 

I've reached out to the testers already (check your email ), but I'm happy to chat, debate and share my own experience with our product here with all of you. Any questions I can answer, confusion I can clear up or suggestions I can take to our product and development team, I'm all ears.

We specifically asked for a wide range of handicappers, hardware users and those using our competitors' products to be included among our testers. Our goal is simple: we want to be the No. 1 golf GPS and game improvement app in the industry, which will allow us to help the most number of golfers play their best as quickly as possible. As such, we're open to comments and suggestions from all sides.

I'm looking forward to the conversation here, both publicly and privately, so don't hesitate to shoot me a PM or an @ in the forum. 

Talk soon,

Chris

Edited by Wrong_Fairway

Okayyy it works!!!

oeps…

Driver:           :PXG:0811 XF GEN4 10,5 Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Blue 60 regular shaft.

Hybrids:        :cobra-small:  FLY-Z 3/4/5 , VLCT ALTUS R-flex 75gr. shaft.

Irons:             :cobra-small:  Speedzone One Length Irons 5-GW - KBS Tour 90 Regular shaft.

Wedges:        ST8TS Tour T Wedges 52-56-60 + 1,5cm KBS regular shaft.

Putter:            MLA Tour XDream 'Black Edition' Superstroke 3.0 slim (standard 34")

Ball's:             :honma: D1 and TW-X for the moment till i can find a better deal 😉

Rangefinder:  Garmin Fenix 6X Pro, ZIYOUHU Chinese laser, Garmin Approach X40., SwingU app.

Privileged to been testing the MLA Tour XDream BLACK EDITION SuperStroke 3.0 slim AND SwingU app for MyGolfSpy!

@Wrong_FairwayCan we enter our existing GHIN index rather than having SwingU calculate handicap based on 3+ rounds?

:ping-small: G430 Max HL Max Driver

:ping-small: G430 Max HL 5- and 7-Woods

:ping-small: G430 Max  HL 4-Hybrid

:titleist-small: T300 6-GW Irons

:ping-small: Glide 3.0 52 and 58 degree Wedges

:titleist-small: Vokey SM9 56 degree Sand Wedge

:bettinardi-small: BB-8W Putter

:titleist-small: ProV1x Balls

Semper ubi, sub ubi.

16 hours ago, Wrong_Fairway said:

Hi all, my name is Chris Chaney and I'm the Product Marketing Manager at SwingU. We're excited to take part in this testing and looking forward to @acatalano32 @Bluesman57 @MuniGolfer @DeBartola_B @B_R_A_D_Y and @Dave73nl taking the Pro version of the app for a spin over the next few months.

Like many of you, I've been a fan of MGS for a while, and as a lurker on the forum since *checks profile* 2015, I know firsthand the value this site and these user reviews can offer. 

I've reached out to the testers already (check your email ), but I'm happy to chat, debate and share my own experience with our product here with all of you. Any questions I can answer, confusion I can clear up or suggestions I can take to our product and development team, I'm all ears.

We specifically asked for a wide range of handicappers, hardware users and those using our competitors' products to be included among our testers. Our goal is simple: we want to be the No. 1 golf GPS and game improvement app in the industry, which will allow us to help the most number of golfers play their best as quickly as possible. As such, we're open to comments and suggestions from all sides.

I'm looking forward to the conversation here, both publicly and privately, so don't hesitate to shoot me a PM or an @ in the forum. 

Talk soon,

Chris

Always makes such a big difference when the companies get involved in testing. Adds a whole other element and excitement to the testing opportunities.

Thanks for reaching out and we are very excited to see how this fairs for all our testers!

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

1 hour ago, Bluesman57 said:

@Wrong_FairwayCan we enter our existing GHIN index rather than having SwingU calculate handicap based on 3+ rounds?

Yes, you can set your handicap index for a round in the Play Golf screen. Under your name, you can select tees and course handicap, and the app will keep track of strokes for you.

Unfortunately, at this time, the USGA isn't too keen on other handicap options, so they don't allow the apps to talk to each via API or the like, but manual handicap entry is always an option.

For me, as both a SwingU user and someone needing a GHIN handicap for club/amateur competitions, it's basically the exact same handicap number output once you've coordinated the rounds played/entered. The USGA/GHIN has those trademarks/copyrights, etc. but they can't block a simple math equation from being used.

I simply enter a score into GHIN. SwingU has all the traditional stats GHIN has + strokes gained.

16 hours ago, Dave73nl said:

Okayyy it works!!!

oeps…

Looks good Dave.

For you - and other users here - I should point out that as we all know, courses all over the place are being renovated, restored, renamed, tee changes, handicap changes - you name it.

With that in mind, we are happy to update courses that you see discrepancies on in the system.

If you notice any issues like previously stated, or a course you're playing simply isn't in the system, you can alert me (I can middleman it between the customer service team) or you can contact [email protected] and they'll adjust to the latest / most accurate version of the course.

Like several others here, I’ll be very interested in this review…I am looking for a GPS and Strokes Gained solution.  

Congrats testers; looking forward to following along.

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 5-6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: Sri-Hot 5K Triple Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!  :honma:

Click here for my Arccos Caddie Bundle Official Review!   :Arccos:

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1:

I put in a few rounds from this weekend to get used to the interface and watched the certification videos SwingU had on YouTube. So far, I like the decisions they have made as far as what to track. However, I find some of the logging confusing. The videos cleared it up, for the most part, but it’s not the most intuitive. You have to make some decisions that you question. Also, I find it interesting that the strokes gained tracking is not enabled automatically when you have a pro account. I would think that would be the whole reason someone would upgrade from the free version, but maybe they have a reason. I am most interested to see if it speeds up my logging on the course. Hopefully I will find out this next week. I will definitely be trying out the drills for my practice this week.

Edited by MuniGolfer
Forgot something

Driver: Ping G425 LST, Otto Phlex UST MP5 or GD AD-TP 6X

3 Wood: Nike Covert Tour (@16 deg), Fujikura Motore Speeder

5 Wood: Nike Covert Tour (@20 deg), Fujikura Motore Speeder 

4i Hybrid: Titleist 913h (@24 deg), Diamana Blue Board hybrid

Irons: Taylormade P790 (5-6) & P770 (7-AW), KBS C-Taper 130x (Soft-stepped 1x)

Wedges: Taylormade MG3 TW grind 56 (@55) & 60, KBS C-Taper 130x (Soft-stepped 2x)

Putter: Sacks Parente 91 aka "The Duke", 34 inches

Ball: Taylormade TP5

14 hours ago, Wrong_Fairway said:

Looks good Dave.

For you - and other users here - I should point out that as we all know, courses all over the place are being renovated, restored, renamed, tee changes, handicap changes - you name it.

With that in mind, we are happy to update courses that you see discrepancies on in the system.

If you notice any issues like previously stated, or a course you're playing simply isn't in the system, you can alert me (I can middleman it between the customer service team) or you can contact [email protected] and they'll adjust to the latest / most accurate version of the course.

I have noticed the par 3 course (aka the pasture) at Timpanogos Golf Club in Provo, Utah is using the old layout from quite a few years ago. Looks like they got the name change and the championship updates, but not the par 3. It’s not the biggest deal, just being a little short track, but I was excited that your app even had it at all, as most other apps haven’t bothered.

Wedges: Taylormade MG3 TW grind 56 (@55) & 60, KBS C-Taper 130x (Soft-stepped 2x)

18 hours ago, MuniGolfer said:

I put in a few rounds from this weekend to get used to the interface and watched the certification videos SwingU had on YouTube. So far, I like the decisions they have made as far as what to track. However, I find some of the logging confusing. The videos cleared it up, for the most part, but it’s not the most intuitive. You have to make some decisions that you question. Also, I find it interesting that the strokes gained tracking is not enabled automatically when you have a pro account. I would think that would be the whole reason someone would upgrade from the free version, but maybe they have a reason. I am most interested to see if it speeds up my logging on the course. Hopefully I will find out this next week. I will definitely be trying out the drills for my practice this week.

Good call out on some of the data entry. I'll admit there's a relatively small learning curve, and once you put in a round or two, it becomes more second nature, but I'm happy to hop on a community call / whatever you'd like to go over a few things.

Our Chief Data Officer has his reasonings for the decisions made, which can be spelled out better via the aforementioned community call, but by and large, the thesis of the system is the most simple data entry possible without cutting corners. 

Let me know if you'd be interested in putting together a call that I can answer any questions you may have or shoot me a PM. 

• GolfSpy_APH changed the title to 2023 Forum Member Test: SwingU Golf App

Had an unfortunate injury to one of the testers... However fear not we have another great member to step up!

Please welcome and congratulate @tdc1!

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

Congrats @tdc1!

WITB:

D: :taylormade-small: QI-10 core 9* Ventus Blue TR Velocore 6x

3w: :taylormade-small: Brnr mini driver 13.5 S

3h: :ping-small: G430 19° Tour 2/Stiff

7W: :callaway-small: 21° Rogue ST Max LinQ 7X

5i-6i:  :srixon-small: ZX5 MKII Project X 6.0

7i-PW: :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII Project X 6.0

50°, 54° & 58°:   :ping-small: Glide Forged Pro

P:   :odyssey-small: White Hot Versa DW

Ball:  :bridgestone-small: Tour BX mindset

Bag:  Ghost MGS Anyday 14 way

"And so, we beat on, boats against the current, borne ceaselessly into the past." - Fitzgerald

” The woods are lovely, dark and deep,   

But I have promises to keep,   

And miles to go before I sleep,   

And miles to go before I sleep. - Frost

"That you are here—that life exists and identity,

That the powerful play goes on, and you may contribute a verse." - Whitman

Sorry to hear that, but welcome @tdc1

Introduction

Hello Forum Members and fellow SwingU testers!

I know I’m a late addition to the test panel but I’m very excited to be doing my first official MSG test!  Thanks to SwingU and MSG for the opportunity.

My name is Tim, I’m a retired 72-year old who first took up the game at age 40, and live in Mt. Pleasant, MI (a.k.a., the middle of the Mitten).  My current index is 14.8 (under a soft cap) but working back toward my low of 12.  I hope.  I play lots of 9-hole rounds with my also-retired friends but make sure to get in at least one 18-hole round a week.  The majority of my rounds (9- and 18-hole) are walking, and during the off season (before April 1 and after October 31) I carry/play a half set of clubs.

My history with golf “technology” is pretty limited.  In 2019 I got a set of name brand sensors when I got new clubs from my wife as a retirement gift.  I found them to be very inconvenient to use and inconsistent in recording data, and abandoned them when the free trial expired.  Until 2021 I was a find-the-sprinkler-head-and-step-it-off kind of guy for getting yardages but I got a GPS watch (Shot Scope G3) early in the season which I very much enjoy.  In 2022 I began training to become a course rater with Golf Association of Michigan (GAM); one of GAM’s requirements for raters is a laser rangefinder so I got a Nikon Coolshot 50i — another great purchase.  I very briefly (2-3 rounds?) toyed with a free GPS app for my phone but, again, found it to be less useful than the hassle.  I’m hoping that my experience with the SwingU app will be just the opposite.

I have been entering my scores for GHIN using the hole-by-hole with stats option.  I cringe at the number of times I have to enter “Missed Short” under GIR.  I “know” that a significant proportion of those are due to missing the fairway (left or right) and not having a clear shot at the green.  I also “know” that I’m pretty good from 100 yards and in.  SwingU’s stats package should be able to quickly determine whether or not I “know” my game.  Kinda scary but also exciting.

I had hoped to go out for a quick 9-hole test earlier today but with Air Quality index hovering close to 200 thanks to the fires in Quebec I opted to stay indoors.  (I would include some snarky comment about Canadians at this point but my mother’s side of the family is all from Nova Scotia so the cousins wouldn’t appreciate it.). I have an early 18 scheduled for tomorrow and the forecast is for much more breathable air so I’ll give SwingU (and myself) a workout in the morning.

Again, thanks to SwingU and MGS!

Final Review!

Driver:  Ping G425 Max (10.5º; Regular )

Fwy:  Cobra King SZ (3; Regular); Ping G410 (5; Regular)

Hybrids: Ping G410 (22º and 26º; Regular)

Irons: Cleveland Launcher XL (6-U)

Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 (54º/12º), and Ping Glide 3.0 Eye2 (58º/8º)

Putter:  Ping Karsten Anser X

First Thoughts

@Bluesman57 has posted some very nice screenshots of how the pages of the app display for play so I won't duplicate them.  (I'm only mildly upset that I couldn't do a nice unboxing series of pictures or video but I'm sure everyone is familiar with the App Store or Google Play.)  Download and setup were quite simple and the assist from @Wrong_Fairway in upgrading went quickly and smoothly.  (Thanks, Chris.)

For today's round I forgot to complete one important step before starting play so I did not get to collect the data that will go towards the shots gained stats.  My fault, not the app's.

I found the GPS yardages to coincide with those on my ShotScope G3; I liked the overhead view of the hole being played; entering data into the scorecard was simple and easy; and, tracking shot length was a breeze (except when I forgot to end tracking an individual shot and had a 180 yd. lob wedge BUT deleting the shot was also very simple).

Post-round I got an e-mail reminding me that I could login to the SwingU site and review my stats. 

This was when I began to question whether or not I was ready to be a tester.  I mean, it is one thing to to see your driving stats as they appear on GHIN:

Screenshot2023-06-29at5_58_45PM.png.cf53c64ac82cb54192eae1899ca0f586.png

But it is quite another to see them as they appear on SwingU:

IMG_0136.jpeg.7662cb72effddf19706bb872b3033310.jpeg

I look at GHIN and say:  Hmmm, need some work there, buddy.  I look and SwingU and say:  Holy Camoly, did you hit anyone?  🙃

All kidding aside, I'm looking forward to using the app again tomorrow, and this time with all the features engaged.

P.S.  I have a couple of questions for @Wrong_Fairway.  Would you prefer I ask them here of send you an e-mail?

Driver:  Ping G425 Max (10.5º; Regular )

Fwy:  Cobra King SZ (3; Regular); Ping G410 (5; Regular)

Hybrids: Ping G410 (22º and 26º; Regular)

Irons: Cleveland Launcher XL (6-U)

Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 (54º/12º), and Ping Glide 3.0 Eye2 (58º/8º)

Putter:  Ping Karsten Anser X

6 hours ago, acatalano32 said:

Played my first round with the app, it was awesome. Using the Apple Watch with the app was awesome, loved being able to track shots and keep score from the watch as well as the phone. Seeing front middle and back yardages were spot on. IMG_2517.jpeg.535fd1666685cc3028486488c948f1b5.jpeg

Can you (or @Wrong_Fairway) tell us what additional features having an Apple watch bring to the on-course experience of using the SwingU app?  Thanks.

Semper ubi, sub ubi.

13 minutes ago, Bluesman57 said:

Can you (or @Wrong_Fairway) tell us what additional features having an Apple watch bring to the on-course experience of using the SwingU app?  Thanks.

From my round today, it gives you front middle back yardage. It also allows you to track shots from your where you are standing and you can leave the phone in your cart or bag. You can enter your score at the end of each hole with your watch as well. 
The way I used it was, I got a line for my tee shot using the apps satellite to see how far trouble was and where I needed to aim. Then I would use the watch to get front middle back yardage. Sometimes using the phone to see the “plays like” number. I only used my range finder 3 times today, shot 76, definitely not a bad round but could have been better. 
I hope this helped a little, I will focus more on the watch features next time I’m out. 

8 hours ago, acatalano32 said:

From my round today, it gives you front middle back yardage. It also allows you to track shots from your where you are standing and you can leave the phone in your cart or bag. You can enter your score at the end of each hole with your watch as well. 
The way I used it was, I got a line for my tee shot using the apps satellite to see how far trouble was and where I needed to aim. Then I would use the watch to get front middle back yardage. Sometimes using the phone to see the “plays like” number. I only used my range finder 3 times today, shot 76, definitely not a bad round but could have been better. 
I hope this helped a little, I will focus more on the watch features next time I’m out. 

Thank you!  Sounds great if you already have an Apple watch (what is it with the iOS bias with golf software anyway?).  But especially since I already have a GPS watch, I'm not going to buy another to trial SwingU.  I would love not having to use my (Android😆) phone during a round, but I assume that one still has to do so in order to collect strokes gained data.

Semper ubi, sub ubi.

Hey spies,

I tried the free version of this app and actually liked it very much, and also the extension to my iWatch.. I really liked the tracking feature.

what I didn’t like was the instability and freezing up endlessly. It became so bad that I actually quit the app mid-round. I’m just wondering if that was happening due to the endless “commercials” asking you to upgrade to the paid version.

my question is: are you having any trouble with the app freezing up? This glitch keeps me from giving serious consideration about upgrading, which is kind of ironic, if the freeze happens due to its own commercials haha.

anyways, keep posting guys, it’s a very interesting app

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

39 minutes ago, Sluggo42 said:

Hey spies,

I tried the free version of this app and actually liked it very much, and also the extension to my iWatch.. I really liked the tracking feature.

what I didn’t like was the instability and freezing up endlessly. It became so bad that I actually quit the app mid-round. I’m just wondering if that was happening due to the endless “commercials” asking you to upgrade to the paid version.

my question is: are you having any trouble with the app freezing up? This glitch keeps me from giving serious consideration about upgrading, which is kind of ironic, if the freeze happens due to its own commercials haha.

anyways, keep posting guys, it’s a very interesting app

I didn’t have any issues with it freezing, my tracking on the watch would freeze be slow some times but I played a course out in the country where service wasn’t the best. The way I’m going to use it is, my phone will act as the yardage book showing an overview of the hole to see any trouble and yardages to the trouble. The watch will be for pretty much everything else.

9 hours ago, acatalano32 said:

I didn’t have any issues with it freezing, my tracking on the watch would freeze be slow some times but I played a course out in the country where service wasn’t the best. The way I’m going to use it is, my phone will act as the yardage book showing an overview of the hole to see any trouble and yardages to the trouble. The watch will be for pretty much everything else.

So you *are* able to input all the data necessary for strokes gained as in the screen shot below directly from the watch? 

Screenshot_20230629_154354_SwingU.jpg.fcf5489a2178ef2faa46c47287b735ef.jpg

Semper ubi, sub ubi.

8 hours ago, Bluesman57 said:

So you *are* able to input all the data necessary for strokes gained as in the screen shot below directly from the watch? 

Screenshot_20230629_154354_SwingU.jpg

I can’t see the photo you posted, but you are able to post fairway or not/ which way you missed the fairway. You can enter score and number of putts. I believe that feature appears when you get on the green. 

5 minutes ago, acatalano32 said:

I can’t see the photo you posted, but you are able to post fairway or not/ which way you missed the fairway. You can enter score and number of putts. I believe that feature appears when you get on the green. 

Thanks.  It seems that direct access to the app from a phone is necessary for strokes gained analysis. 

Semper ubi, sub ubi.