Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

*Special Announcement* - End of Season 2 Tournament Event

As of now, I'm in. 

Driver: Callaway Rogue ST Max D, 9.0 Degrees

Fairway Wood: Adams Speedline, 15 Degrees

Driving Iron: Mizuno MP-H5 2-Iron 18 Degrees

Irons: Cobra LTDx, 5-GW

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM9 (50, 54 bent to 55, 60)

Putter: LeanLock APA Model Blade/Yes Marilyn C-Groove

Currently Reviewing: Byrdie Golf Design

Past Reviews: Titleist White Box and Lean Lock Putter

On 2/11/2024 at 3:50 PM, GolfSpy_BEN said:

@RoverRick @Javs @Randall Robbins @J7Hawkins @LinksgolfFever @buckpillar @Cfhandyman @warrenator8 @EMacK1961 @TylorJudd @vandyland @GolfSpy_KFT @rkj427 @CB Lobo 4 Life @Mr. Mushball @MC3157 @Josh Parker @EasyPutter @Bohnson @CudaKota66 @Siamese Moose @fozcycle @USMCSnyper @GolfSpy_APH @Placasse61 @invee123 @tommyb1683 @fredsharky @GolfSpy SAM

Hello All, 

Congratulations on your stellar play this season! As the golfers that currently comprise the top 32 of the Season 2 VCT Standings, @Golf2Much and I would like to cordially invite you to participate in the end of season tournament. Please see below for details, but one bit of housekeeping before we go any further. To be included in this event, you must post in this thread that you are in. You will have until Sunday, February 18th 12:00 pm EST to post that you are playing, otherwise your spot will be filled. Here are the preliminary details:

image.png

The top 32 golfers of the Season 2 VCT will be paired up into four flights.  So, in the A Flight, the number one seed would be paired with the number 32 seed as team one and so forth. Each of the first four top VCT winners will be in separate brackets.  The remaining slots in each flight are filled accordingly.  In week one, the four teams in each flight would play two-person best ball against each other.  The lowest score would be crowned the flight winner.  Week two would see A flight winner play the D flight winner and B flight winner play the C flight winner.  Again, two-man best ball.  The MGS Cup Winner would pit the two winners from week two against one another.   

The tournament will begin the week of March 18th and will run for 3 weeks. Because weather can be hit or miss this time of year for a large swath of the country, we will continue to accept SIM rounds, under the normal proviso that they are played without a course handicap. 

For those not listed above, but interested in participating, once the deadline has passed and we know how many spots need to be filled, we will put a call out to fill those spots. 

I'm unable to participate this year due to conflicting work schedule. Really disappointed that I'm missing the Championship, play well all .

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

[email protected]

3 minutes ago, buckpillar said:

@Javs How's the new putter working out?

I have become more comfortable each round. I see a really low round coming once I am fully accustomed to it. It is easy to line up and the putts come off the face nice and consistent. Very easy to control speed with this putter. 

Play like a champion today!

On 2/14/2024 at 6:31 PM, Golf2Much said:

NCAA Basketball Finals game is on April 8th when the MSG Cup champion will be crowned!   What else happens on April 8th?  How about the start of Masters week (tournament runs April 11th through 14th) AND the preparation for VCT season three!!  It's great when a plan all comes together!   The next couple of months should be something special!

Going to have to get my last round in by April 5th.  I leave for Dallas on the 6th to get set up to be in the shadow on the 8th.  Just one more thing going on that day.

Driver - PXG GEN5 0311FX 9°+1° flat - ProjectX Cypher 40 5.5 trimmed to 44"
Wood - PXG GEN5 0311FX 4-wood flat - ProjectX Cypher 50 5.5 
Hybrid - PXG 0211 22° flat - ProjectX Cypher 50 5.5  and Adams Idea 5HY - 39" Fubuki z60 Hy Flex-R shaft
Irons - 5-PW Callaway Rouge ST Max w / ProjectX Tour Flighted 105 steel shafts
Wedges - Kirkland Signature G/S/L
Putter - Kirkland Signature KS1   Wilson Brass Tech BT-2 with Garsen ULTIMATE grip

Balls - Titelist Pro V1 (PROTO 388) and Pro V1x (PROTO 348 test balls from current '22 ball test.

RH player shooting ~112 in Portland, Oregon.  New to the game and improving every week!

@Mr. Mushball, should not be a problem.  If you are on one of the two teams that make it to the finals the week of April 1st, you can complete your round anytime prior to the 7th.  So you should be good.

Ping G430 Max driver 10.5 degrees with an Alta Quick45 gram senior shaft
Callaway Epic 3 wood, Project X Evenflow Green 45 gram senior shaft  
Callaway GBB Epic Heavenwood, with a Mitsubishi Diamana 50 gram senior shaft
Ping G 20.5 degree 7 wood, with a stock Alta 65 gram senior shaft
Ping G 26 degree hybrid, stock Alta 65 gram senior shaft
Callaway Paradym X irons, 7-AW with Aldila Ascent Blue 50 graphite shafts
Edison wedges:  50, 55 and 60 degree, KBS Tour Graphite A flex shafts
Putters:  L.A.B. Direct Force 2.1 putter, 34.5" long, 67 degrees lie

2022 MGS Tester:  Shot Scope Pro XL+ with H4  

I was certain a month ago, I was going to fall into second place and Javs was going to take it. Physically, I was struggling and thought it was all downhill. Remarkably, I began drinking only water, and it has been a miracle drug. I have steadily improved physically and golf-wise. Sunday was crazy good. I dropped 2 strokes and hope to drop 2 more on Wednesday. I may even go play tomorrow. 

Congrats @Javs. Those 2 weeks in December may have done you in.  

:ping-small: G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small: G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small: G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:ping-small: G425 4H on :kbs: TGH 80S 

:ping-small: i525 5-U on :kbs: TGI 90S 

:titleist-small: SM8 54 & 60 on :kbs: Wedge 

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

3 minutes ago, RoverRick said:

I was certain a month ago, I was going to fall into second place and Javs was going to take it. Physically, I was struggling and thought it was all downhill. Remarkably, I began drinking only water, and it has been a miracle drug. I have steadily improved physically and golf-wise. Sunday was crazy good. I dropped 2 strokes and hope to drop 2 more on Wednesday. I may even go play tomorrow. 

Congrats @Javs. Those 2 weeks in December may have done you in.  

Guess the vacation made the difference or the fact that I am scratch to minus and have little room for error. Anyways well done. 

Play like a champion today!

49 minutes ago, GolfSpy_BEN said:

With 1 week left to play here is a look at the current top 40:

image.png

image.png

The race for the top seed is done and dusted. There is no mathematical way for @Javs to catch @RoverRick

The battle for the last few spots is much tighter, but also a little anti-climatic, as we have folks that aren't able to participate so pretty much those that have expressed an interest in playing will likely get a spot. Next Monday evening, the bracket will be released and pairings will be announced!

Is there league play this week? Haven’t seen a new link posted. 

Driver:  cobralogo.png.60692cdc05482efd83e68664e010b95f.png Aerojet LS, Ventus Blue Shaft - 6S
4 Wood:  callaway.png.e65d398fb0327017a369499fc6126064.png Rogue ST Max 16.5, Tensei White Shaft - 7S
Utility Iron: mizunopro.png.90cc4fb9895830e28063d9a5be416145.png Fli Hi 3-iron, HAZARDOUS Smoke Black Shaft - S
Irons:  mizuno.png.f0e7b21135cb6273b3c1430866904467.png JPX 921 Tour 4-P, Project X Shafts - Stiff 125g
Wedges: cleveland.png.f21f4d2361520fdf1bbd9d515a2f11e6.png 52º, 56º, 60º
Putter:  odyssey.png.58c727e37eb7efda62bce4f7b8881bd9.png Ai-One 7 T CH, 34"
Preferred Ball: srixon.png.f177578dda27a20ef80a0a8b1ae96e3b.png Z-Star Diamond
Pushcart: bagboy.jpg.0dda53b5175958e1b5686f22b90af744.jpg Nitron
Rangefinder: bushnell.jpg.c51debd06066fa243dea7f14d69a8dba.jpg Tour V5 Shift

16 minutes ago, Preeway said:

Is there league play this week? Haven’t seen a new link posted. 

It’s there, under week 48. There will be a week between the end of week 48 and the beginning of the tournament, so we’re cooking up a special 1 week only thing, details to come tomorrow, courtesy of an idea @Tom the Golf Nutthree out tonight

WITB:

D: :taylormade-small: QI-10 core 9* Ventus Blue TR Velocore 6x

3w: :taylormade-small: Brnr mini driver 13.5 S

3h: :ping-small: G430 19° Tour 2/Stiff

7W: :callaway-small: 21° Rogue ST Max LinQ 7X

5i-6i:  :srixon-small: ZX5 MKII Project X 6.0

7i-PW: :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII Project X 6.0

50°, 54° & 58°:   :ping-small: Glide Forged Pro

P:   :odyssey-small: White Hot Versa DW

Ball:  :bridgestone-small: Tour BX mindset

Bag:  Ghost MGS Anyday 14 way

"And so, we beat on, boats against the current, borne ceaselessly into the past." - Fitzgerald

” The woods are lovely, dark and deep,   

But I have promises to keep,   

And miles to go before I sleep,   

And miles to go before I sleep. - Frost

"That you are here—that life exists and identity,

That the powerful play goes on, and you may contribute a verse." - Whitman

16 minutes ago, GolfSpy_BEN said:

It’s there, under week 48. There will be a week between the end of week 48 and the beginning of the tournament, so we’re cooking up a special 1 week only thing, details to come tomorrow, courtesy of an idea @Tom the Golf Nutthree out tonight

Thanks. Just missed it. 

Driver:  cobralogo.png.60692cdc05482efd83e68664e010b95f.png Aerojet LS, Ventus Blue Shaft - 6S
4 Wood:  callaway.png.e65d398fb0327017a369499fc6126064.png Rogue ST Max 16.5, Tensei White Shaft - 7S
Utility Iron: mizunopro.png.90cc4fb9895830e28063d9a5be416145.png Fli Hi 3-iron, HAZARDOUS Smoke Black Shaft - S
Irons:  mizuno.png.f0e7b21135cb6273b3c1430866904467.png JPX 921 Tour 4-P, Project X Shafts - Stiff 125g
Wedges: cleveland.png.f21f4d2361520fdf1bbd9d515a2f11e6.png 52º, 56º, 60º
Putter:  odyssey.png.58c727e37eb7efda62bce4f7b8881bd9.png Ai-One 7 T CH, 34"
Preferred Ball: srixon.png.f177578dda27a20ef80a0a8b1ae96e3b.png Z-Star Diamond
Pushcart: bagboy.jpg.0dda53b5175958e1b5686f22b90af744.jpg Nitron
Rangefinder: bushnell.jpg.c51debd06066fa243dea7f14d69a8dba.jpg Tour V5 Shift

Ok pressure is on - I'm close! I gotta find time to get a round or two in this week. Hopefully, I can keep my rhythm going from my last few rounds. Good luck in the final stretch everyone!

• Callaway Rouge ST Max LS 9* Driver w/ Mitsubishi Tensei Shaft 
  • Callaway Rouge ST Max 3W w/ Mitsubishi Tensei Shaft 
  • Callaway Mavrik 4Hy
  • Mizuno JPX 923 Forged 5-AW
  • TaylorMade Hi-Toe RAW 54-10 & 58-10 
  • L.A.B. MEZZ. 1 w/ ACCRA x L.A.B. Shaft (RIP: TaylorMade TP Hydro Blast Bandon 3)
  • Titleist Pro V1x

Apps/Systems I use:

Tests:

13 hours ago, GolfSpy_BEN said:

All the twist and turns!  Love it!

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

10 hours ago, snicerz said:

Ok pressure is on - I'm close! I gotta find time to get a round or two in this week. Hopefully, I can keep my rhythm going from my last few rounds. Good luck in the final stretch everyone!

Hmm, seems that there's an error in the ordering on the spreadsheet.  Snickerz should be up at #28.

Driver - PXG GEN5 0311FX 9°+1° flat - ProjectX Cypher 40 5.5 trimmed to 44"
Wood - PXG GEN5 0311FX 4-wood flat - ProjectX Cypher 50 5.5 
Hybrid - PXG 0211 22° flat - ProjectX Cypher 50 5.5  and Adams Idea 5HY - 39" Fubuki z60 Hy Flex-R shaft
Irons - 5-PW Callaway Rouge ST Max w / ProjectX Tour Flighted 105 steel shafts
Wedges - Kirkland Signature G/S/L
Putter - Kirkland Signature KS1   Wilson Brass Tech BT-2 with Garsen ULTIMATE grip

Balls - Titelist Pro V1 (PROTO 388) and Pro V1x (PROTO 348 test balls from current '22 ball test.

RH player shooting ~112 in Portland, Oregon.  New to the game and improving every week!

1 hour ago, Mr. Mushball said:

Hmm, seems that there's an error in the ordering on the spreadsheet.  Snickerz should be up at #28.

Wow I didn't even notice that! I still need to be defensive and smart though to try to make the cut.

• Callaway Rouge ST Max LS 9* Driver w/ Mitsubishi Tensei Shaft 
  • Callaway Rouge ST Max 3W w/ Mitsubishi Tensei Shaft 
  • Callaway Mavrik 4Hy
  • Mizuno JPX 923 Forged 5-AW
  • TaylorMade Hi-Toe RAW 54-10 & 58-10 
  • L.A.B. MEZZ. 1 w/ ACCRA x L.A.B. Shaft (RIP: TaylorMade TP Hydro Blast Bandon 3)
  • Titleist Pro V1x

Apps/Systems I use:

Tests:

1 hour ago, Mr. Mushball said:

That is odd. I didn’t notice it when I was putting it together last night, so I’ll take a look this evening. 

WITB:

"And so, we beat on, boats against the current, borne ceaselessly into the past." - Fitzgerald

I'm pulling for my two previous MGS tournament playing partners @daviddvm and @snicerz!  Fingers crossed!  Who knows, we might be paired again when all the dust settles.

I'll try to play my way in or be a subtitute!

:cobra-small: SpeedZone Pars and Stripes 9.5* Driver 14gm weight in back, VENTUS Blue 6-R set to +1* draw.

:cobra-small: 14.5* Fairway,  18.5* Fairway, 22.5* Fairway.  All with Tensei CK Blue R set to +1* draw.

:titleist-small:  816H1 27* Hybrid w/ Diamana Blue Board 70 HY Stiff Shaft

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 5 + 6   KBS Tour 80 R

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 7, 8, 9  KBS Tour 90 R                                     

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE P, G, S  KBS Wedge

:cobra-small: King Black ONE 60*  VO8*      True Temper Dynamic Gold Black

Lamkin Crossline Cord Connect Black Mid-size plus 2 wraps

:cameron-small:  Special Select Newport 2  34" :scotty-small: Matador grip               :Arccos:                                                                                                                                                               

:titleist-small:  -ProV1x  Align XL  

All in a :cobra-small:  Masters Staff Bag  or  SpeedZone stand bag

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4  The ONLY One Length Contestant!

Tested :bridgestone-small: Prototype Balls       Tour B RXS                Tested:image.png.8e77a45b1fe8c9cfb7c2a61386f855a5.pngBlack Cat irons 5 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Graphite Regular +0.5" 1* upright                

BirdieBall Outdoor Putting Green                                 

As @Mr. Mushball so astutely pointed out, the point totals were correct, but somehow @snicerz was listed below were he should have been. 

Here is the corrected 20-40:

image.png

@daviddvm, a round posted this week ought to do it.

WITB:

1 hour ago, Javs said:

Update that new putter is fantastic. Along with doing putting drills for three weeks!

That’s awesome! Glad it worked out for you. I love mine, won’t change or give it up for anything else. Happy putting!

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

[email protected]

For those on the bubble of getting into the MGS Cup finale, time is ticking away.  Get that great final round in and secure your spot in the season ending tournament.  

The year-end MGS Cup VCT Championship field is set!  This two-person, best ball event will officially begin on March 11th.  

image.png.83c4eff7f1c2af93dc1a8e7045d1b4c7.png

The first week the four teams in each flight will fight it out with the lowest best ball score to move on in the tournament.  I case of ties (and it has happened), we'll match cards to determine winner.   In week two, the A flight and D flight winners as well as the B flight and D flight winners will face off to see who makes it to the finals.  

When you submit scores, we need where you played, which tees you played from, your course handicap from those tees, and hole by hole handicap for the course and hole scores so the best ball between you and your partner can be determined.  This can be via an electronic representation or a picture of your scorecard.   Like in the weekly VCT tournaments, you have a week (Monday through Sunday) to play and post your score.  Commissioner @GolfSpy_BEN will likely have other rules or procedures, which will be posted prior to the start of play.

Now, who's in which flight?  Who am I paired with?  The Seeding Show will start on this thread at 6pm EST today.  Like the NCAA Selection Sunday broadcast, teams will be disclosed by region (or in this case flights).  We'll start at 6pm and disclose each flight in 10 minute increments.  By 6:30 pm, all the flights will be disclosed.  Feel free to trash talk along the way!

Until 6:00PM!

Representing Flight A includes the following teams:

image.png.cee8b60e16739ef849f6d905030557b7.png

It includes the VCT Season 2 champion RoverRick.  With two forum moderators in this group, there may be some internal reveries to contend with. 

Flight A also includes @daviddvm who made a late charge to make it into the top 32!  He was my partner in the Two Ball Championship in early 2023.  Too bad he's going down early!