MmmmmmBuddy

How'd you play?

1 hour ago, chisag said:

1224084543_Boulder1.jpg.ba0e1ed1d96d8e76b0a25a560c8fabcd.jpg

698331864_Boulder2.jpg.33c3ee3eb4c3ad7e4de6d0461e6d772f.jpg

Awesome, incredibly beautiful place! Is that a home overlooking the green in the 2nd photo?

... Yup. The Boulders is the name of the course. I will say after the first 6 holes, the boulders never come into play. But those first 6 holes are just jaw dropping. 

• Like 3

Was able to get out twice this week; first scores I’ve posted since November. (Work & weather, don’t @ me...) Scoring was trash, but at least during the second round I started to feel like I was hitting some shots. Photo is from The Plantation Course, Edisto Island, SCIMG_6223.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 5

I can't believe it has taken until May 4th but I can finally post my 1st round of the year! It was a chilly 43* on the 1st tee but the course was empty!IMG_20190504_071307773_HDR.jpeg
Didn't take long to find a groove with the ST190. Not completely disappointed in a 42 front 9 and a 40 on the back for the 1st time out. It was pretty obvious after looking over the round where I can improve the most.

I hit 7 of 14 fairways. My misses weren't far off and all were playable.

I hit 8 of 18 greens but I was never more than 10 yards off with the ones I missed.

I had 33 putts which is not what I like to see. I only made 2 putts over 2ft and they were only 5 footers. I 3 putted 4 holes. I don't know what it was but the minute I put the putter in my hands it felt weird and off. Almost foreign to me. Everything seemed different from the balance to the weight. I couldn't get comfortable at all.

If I can clean up the lag putting and the GIR, I think a sub 80 average for the year is definitely in reach.

Maybe I need some new irons and a putter! Just got to figure out how to convince SWMBO that it is the right move!!

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 9

Not well but it was four hours outdoors in only moderate rain so I will take it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 6

Posted (edited)

I had a strange round today. I started out with a par 5, in a greenside bunker in 2, chunked it, chipped up, and 3-putted for a smooth double. Next hole, I striped a drive, hit a wedge to 5 feet and missed the putt. Then I skulled a 7-iron into a bunker, left the first shot in the bunker, chunked the next one out, and got up and down for another double. Then came the triple- 🤦‍♂️, tee shot in the woods, punch out, pull a 8 iron into the woods, chip over the green, chip up and two putt. Bogeyed the next to be 8-over after 5. Well, I played the last 13  in even to card a smooth 44-36-80 (+8). I don't really know what to think, I'm pretty happy with my turn-around and finish, (-2 in the last 3), but I just know it could have been so much lower, if I could have started better. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Edited by GB13
  • Like 8

Puked out a 95 in sloppy conditions. Lost 2 balls due to plugging and not finding them. And to top it off, the rough was close to or over 4"...but I was on the course, so there's that.

• Like 7

Humbling game today- played with our resident pro who hit the ball the way only pro's can. He has played in over 60 European tour events so he can play, but it was a different class of strike and course management. He 'easily' shot 4 under.

I learned/picked up loads of good course management info and a few good tips to improve my inconsistent scrapping around lol

Apart from his long game being on a different dimension to ours, his short game was exceptional, deadly chips and only 26 putts.

It's another world and a game most of us are not familiar with.

Just thought I'd share even though it's not about my game today.

• Like 7

Got back from a beautiful AM round with some real positive thoughts.My lowest round this year of 86 (44-42).Just swinging my swing is working well this season.Not spectacular results off the tee or approach shots.But nice to know the ball will curve left to right most of the time.Really have a strong feeling about this season.

Happy Cinco De Mayo 

• Like 9

Played only my 3 rd round of the year yesterday and shot an 82... missed every birdie chance I had which was frustrating cause they were all within 10-12 ft

• Like 4

Played with @Mr_Theoo today near Columbus. Pretty sloppy in spots with brutal, thick rough. Had a great time but didn't keep score, but I do know I strung together 4 or 5 pars and hit the ball pretty well. We played NorthStar Golf Club and I can't wait to get back there when it is dry - I thought it was a very nice course.

20190505_160159.thumb.jpg.b35bc71c0cefac71ae3ece7239e77b7b.jpg

• Like 8

Was supposed to play this afternoon but it was pouring at our scheduled tee time.

So we sat on my friend’s porch and had a cigar and a cocktail. The rain stopped, course was wet, we were game so we each grabbed 1 ball and a 7 iron - the goal - keep your ball. First hole 160 over water - 1st guy out.

2nd hole was a straight away 400 yard par 4 that I hit a full 7 - chipped the next shot to a bit short of the 150 - hit 7 on and 3 putted with it.

Next hole was 180 carry over a pond - I chipped around the pond - my opponent was not as successful - :)

• Like 6
  • Love 1

45:45

First time playing the course. Should’ve shot low 80s but made a few dumb mistakes. Driving 3.5 hours and walking out onto course with no warm up will do that, I guess.

IMG_2613.PNG

• Like 4

2 hours ago, MaxEntropy said:

Played with @Mr_Theoo today near Columbus. Pretty sloppy in spots with brutal, thick rough. Had a great time but didn't keep score, but I do know I strung together 4 or 5 pars and hit the ball pretty well. We played NorthStar Golf Club and I can't wait to get back there when it is dry - I thought it was a very nice course.

20190505_160159.thumb.jpg.b35bc71c0cefac71ae3ece7239e77b7b.jpg

Thanks again for making the trip down. Sorry it wasn’t drier but it was still great fun

• Like 4

2 hours ago, revkev said:

The rain stopped, course was wet, we were game so we each grabbed 1 ball and a 7 iron - the goal - keep your ball. First hole 160 over water - 1st guy out.

2nd hole was a straight away 400 yard par 4 that I hit a full 7 - chipped the next shot to a bit short of the 150 - hit 7 on and 3 putted with it.

Next hole was 180 carry over a pond - I chipped around the pond - my opponent was not as successful - 🙂

... Well played Rev. Pulled a David Simms on him huh?  I hope you like children, old people and dawgs. 😉

• Like 2

My game is in such a shambles. Brilliant for me for a few holes then head scratchers leaving me frazzled. Im blaming it on lack of range time. 1st  tourny of the year next week on a what is supposed to be tough course that I havent played before. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

93 (45/48) with 35 putts at Waikele Country Club. I haven't played there in over a year so I had to jog my memory a bit during the round. I did some good things, but also did some idiotic things. Despite the less than favorable shots, it was a beautiful day out so there's always that to fall back on 🤙🏽

• Like 5

93 (45/48) with 35 putts at Waikele Country Club. I haven't played there in over a year so I had to jog my memory a bit during the round. I did some good things, but also did some idiotic things. Despite the less than favorable shots, it was a beautiful day out so there's always that to fall back on 
Waikele is tough man, especially if there's a breeze, plays pretty long on those ones that are into the wind!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, yungkory said:

Waikele is tough man, especially if there's a breeze, plays pretty long on those ones that are into the wind!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

No doubt! The twilight rate is only $45 and it starts at 1 PM so I'll be playing there a lot more from here on out!

• Like 1