How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

1 minute ago, BallsLeon said:

Looking into new grips for everything but the putter. Having issues with the club slipping in my hands while on the course, and dealing with hand/finger pain the days after.

I think moving from a standard grip to a midsize or oversize could help alleviate some of that discomfort. Was also recommended the Winn Dri-Tac line to deal with the sweat. Need to go to Golf Galaxy this weekend and put my hands on some, but open to other suggestions as well.

I made the switch some years back from standard to midsize. I’ve also dabbled with oversized, as each manufacturer’s definition of midsize/oversized varies. For me a standard grip feels like I’m trying to strangle a pencil. Ultimately, it will boil down to comfort and preference for you and I would suggest you go with the one that feels the best.

That being said, for me the Winn Drytac felt spongy and felt a little slimy when they were wet.

WITB:

D: :ping-small: G430 Max 10k 10.5° turned down 1° flat :Fuji: Ventus TR Blue velocore  6x

3w::ping-small: 14.5° G425 Max Newton 6 dot

3h: :ping-small: G430 18° Tour 2.0/Stiff

7W: :callaway-small: 21° Rogue ST Max LinQ 7X

5i-PW:  :ping-small: Blueprint S 

48°: :vokey-small: SM-9 

54° & 58°: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper

P:   :L.A.B.: Link.1

Ball:  :vice: Pro Plus Drip

Bag:  Ghost MGS Anyday 14 way

"And so, we beat on, boats against the current, borne ceaselessly into the past." - Fitzgerald

” The woods are lovely, dark and deep,   

But I have promises to keep,   

And miles to go before I sleep,   

And miles to go before I sleep. - Frost

"That you are here—that life exists and identity,

That the powerful play goes on, and you may contribute a verse." - Whitman

11 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

Like $hat 😔.  42/44 in mens league today.  Started off on board the bogey train and burned edges of holes all day long. Drove the ball great except a HARD pull left on #6 par 4 that we think cleared a house and likely made the street... it was forged 😬.  First time I've been OB in well over 4 months of play.  I simply could not make anything outside 3 feet... and a couple inside that.  Add a handful of poor lag putts to the mix and it made for a frustrating round.

I'm probably my own worst coach but does anyone else just get a sense within the first few holes of play how things are going to go?  Still ended T13 (middle of the flight) but think I tend to get feeling negative on poor starts and it often stays with me... something to work on.

Pull left?  That's not the Push right shot I remember!  😂  I know the putting feeling, but that seems to only last for a round with me; back to normal next time, so I expect you will make a bunch today.

Yes, I used to get really down on myself if I bogey even one of the first two holes at my course as they are probably the two easiest holes for me and I knew that I could easily make a double on #3.  This year I must have changed my attitude, because it doesn't bother me anymore... ok, maybe a little.  I started looking at it as an opportunity for a rebound on the next hole, and I think that improved my focus on the next shot.  I'd like to think of it like the "bounce-back birdie" that pros do so often after making a bogey, but it's not so grandiose on my part.  Just making a par is fine with me.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Played an afternoon round at the course near my house. Since it was Hella Hot, there was not many people on the course and I was able to get thru in just 3 1/2 hours which was great.
Not a good front sloppy putting, but on the bag 9 started to get it together. 

First time trying out the Shot Scope X5 watch and tacking system, to my surprise it was pretty accurate and it picked up all of my shots without me having to tag it or make sure it saw it.
I used to use the GameGolf App when it first came out and that help me fine tune my yardages and seen where I was missing.

My game is trending in the right direction, its been has been pretty consistent scoring wise. Like everyone else there are some good with bad. 
Need to clean up those trouble some bad holes.

image.png.bef6ef054d54473e1adcecd18f83b248.png

Driver:   TaylorMade Qi10 MAX - 8.5 with Terra Forza White Shaft
3 -Wood Sub70 949x 3 Wood 15 with Hrdz RDX Black Stiff
5-Wood:  Sub70 949x 5 Wood with Hrdz RDX Black stiff
4-Hybrid: Sub70 949x 4 Hybrid with Project X 5.5 Hybrid Stiff
Irons: Mizuno Pro 225 - 6-PW , w/Nippon Modus 105 Stiff
Wedges: Sub70 TAIII w/Nippon Modus 105 Stiff - 50 ,56, 60
Putter: L.A.B Mezz1, 34 in
Balls: MaxFli Tour X, TaylorMade Tour Response, TaylorMade TPx 
GPS:   Shot Scope X5 with Tracking

TESTED: SUB70 949X 5 Wood
TESTED: NIPPO N.S. Regio Formula MB+ 65 Stiff.
TESTED: SkyCaddie LX5 GPS Watch
TESTED: Bag Boy ZFT Bag
TESTED: Terra Forza Shaft 

5 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Pull left?  That's not the Push right shot I remember!  😂  I know the putting feeling, but that seems to only last for a round with me; back to normal next time, so I expect you will make a bunch today.

Yes, I used to get really down on myself if I bogey even one of the first two holes at my course as they are probably the two easiest holes for me and I knew that I could easily make a double on #3.  This year I must have changed my attitude, because it doesn't bother me anymore... ok, maybe a little.  I started looking at it as an opportunity for a rebound on the next hole, and I think that improved my focus on the next shot.  I'd like to think of it like the "bounce-back birdie" that pros do so often after making a bogey, but it's not so grandiose on my part.  Just making a par is fine with me.

Yes, the right push has been purged from the bag.  I'm telling ya that fitter at PXG really gave me a mental image/swing thought that has been pure gold.  It helped so much I hosted him here for a round a few weeks ago as he'd never played any of our courses.

So today's round at Cimarron has already made me forget about yesterday's mess.  I shot a 39/39. The front included two wetted balls and a 50ish foot, goofy golf like putt for birdie on a par 5.  It was from off the green by about 6 feet, up a steep grade and over a ridge line that required it make an almost 90 degree turn down into the cup. The golf gods giveth and taketh away 😄.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Official Review)

17 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

I'm probably my own worst coach but does anyone else just get a sense within the first few holes of play how things are going to go?  Still ended T13 (middle of the flight) but think I tend to get feeling negative on poor starts and it often stays with me... something to work on.

Nope. I’ve had rounds where the first holes were great even the first 6 then the wheels fell off for a stretch and then turned it around to finish strong.

Also have have the front 9 go bad and play a lot better on the back 9. 

1 minute ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Nope. I’ve had rounds where the first holes were great even the first 6 then the wheels fell off for a stretch and then turned it around to finish strong.

Same as today I was two over after four. Missed a bunch of putts and then eagled number nine. Proceeded to shoot one under on the back. Never know in golf! 

Play like a champion today!

18 hours ago, Rickp said:

Well good news, bad news.  Driver decent, iron’s really good and putter horrendous.

Looks like we could start a club…

I left at least 3 out there today cuz I suck- .. now Chisag- I know, I Know, I know… but I did get a new putting Matt, and I try to get at least 30-50 putts a day on it, but I still cannot read a green to save your life. 

but with that, I still managed a 76, and retain my title of “if he could only putt”… I honestly do better at the one hander slaps as I walk by on really short ones. I seem to be the king of push or pull that putt … then when I putt it again for fun- I drill em… grrrrr maybe I’m the king of choke…

a testing request for a MGS somehow someday…

a magical green reading and auto- putter device- 

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

57 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

My norm is to go +5 right away, then go -1 or -2 the rest of the way- although- I did have a +1, and flooded that up with a +8 on the back the other day… yuckkk

14 minutes ago, Sluggo42 said:

Looks like we could start a club…

I left at least 3 out there today cuz I suck- .. now Chisag- I know, I Know, I know… but I did get a new putting Matt, and I try to get at least 30-50 putts a day on it, but I still cannot read a green to save your life. 

but with that, I still managed a 76, and retain my title of “if he could only putt”… I honestly do better at the one hander slaps as I walk by on really short ones. I seem to be the king of push or pull that putt … then when I putt it again for fun- I drill em… grrrrr maybe I’m the king of choke…

a testing request for a MGS somehow someday…

a magical green reading and auto- putter device- 

I’m in for the magical green reading device!  Maybe AI will eventually come up with something 😁

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

1 hour ago, fixyurdivot said:

Yes, the right push has been purged from the bag.  I'm telling ya that fitter at PXG really gave me a mental image/swing thought that has been pure gold.  It helped so much I hosted him here for a round a few weeks ago as he'd never played any of our courses.

So today's round at Cimarron has already made me forget about yesterday's mess.  I shot a 39/39. The front included two wetted balls and a 50ish foot, goofy golf like putt for birdie on a par 5.  It was from off the green by about 6 feet, up a steep grade and over a ridge line that required it make an almost 90 degree turn down into the cup. The golf gods giveth and taketh away 😄.

Nice rebound... another good example to all of us that when we post a bad round, it's only temporary and your typical game will return unless there are extenuating circumstances.  However, the older I get the more the circumstances are extenuating.  🤣

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Owen and I played the front nine at River Heights today.  I walked a couple of solo rounds recently and he decided to join me and do the same.  Probably a poor decision; it was sunny, warm, and super humid. 

We really enjoyed ourselves.  Took a little longer than usual, but we were in no rush and enjoyed the time.  We'll do it again.

Owen didn't keep score and I played terribly.  I shot a 56 (+20).  It was bad enough that when I hit a tee shot into the left bunker on a short par three, Owen looked at me and said it was the best shot I'd had on that hole in a while.  Sadly, he's right.  But next round, he'll be wrong.

Edited by JerryB

Cobra Aerojet Max driver

Cobra Aerojet Max 3 wood and 7 wood

Cobra Aerojet 4/5/6 hybrids

Cobra Aerojet 7-PW, GW

Cobra Snakebite 52° and 58° wedges

Cobra King Stingray 20 putter

First round in 10 days. After leaving Long Island and traveling back down to Myrtle was another good one. I shot 84 on the Norman Course at Barefoot.

I’m not going to complain about the score, but my putter is usually my most reliable club and today it was anything but. I missed a 6 foot par putt on #3 and it felt like I was leaving myself right around that same distance quite a bit, but not converting.

Ball striking was really good, and I’ll chalk up the putting to “one of those days”. It’s great to be healthy enough to play again, and all in all the golf gods seem to be cutting me some slack as I settle back into a routine.

Next up a scramble on Saturday. I usually do all I can to avoid playing in them, but somehow I got roped into playing this one. 🤷‍♂️

Driver:             G425 Max 10.5*

Fairway:         Stealth 3HL & 7W

Hybrids:         Stealth 22* & 25*

Irons:              JPX 923 HM 6-AW

Wedges:         SM9 54-10 & SM9 58-8M

Putters:          DF3 34”   

A bit late, but played in my League Wednesday.  Was feeling really good with the swing and putting.  Course was a little wet from the rain the previous day but was in fantastic condition. Had a birdie chance on the opening hole, a Par 5.  Stuck the approach to 4'.  Missed the dang putt🤦‍♂️. The next hole I hit a pretty solid drive which hit the cart path on the left side of the fairway and for once bounced forward leaving me ~65 yards to the pin. Proceeded to chunk the approach shot 😱. Pin placement was in the back middle on a slope and I didn't come close. Ended up 3 putting and taking a double bogey.  Needless to say the putter was just dull enough to miss a few more birdie and par saves the rest of the 9 hole round.

A few highlights:

- uphill par 3 stuck the approach to 3', actually made the putt, lol (won me a CTP and a skin)

-Drive on hole 5 was absolutely crushed so I had that ~65-70 yard pitch shot

-recovery chip shots (still had chances to make par)

- A downhill putt from ~13' to save bogey which I drained

Lowlights:

-bulky putter

- 65-70 yard pitch shots on wet fairways were not my friend (cost me two+ strokes)

-a few wayward approach shots put me in some awkward chip situations 

The last hole actually cost me from placing.  The only bad drive I hit all day and it went OB.  Had a low probability shot that I tried and didn't quite pull off.  Deep down I knew my chances had faded since I needed to hole out for par. Approach went a bit wider than I wanted and left me a long downhill putt.  Best feeling bogey in a while when I drained the 13'! Shot a 41. Maybe a new putter is needed, lol.

What's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1x / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: Titan Elite

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

Current MyGolfSpy Review - Precision Pro Titan Elite Rangefinder:

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/64979-testers-announced-precision-pro-titan-elite/?do=findComment&comment=1082733

After a couple of really good rounds I have now gone to the opposite end of the spectrum.  League round last night and shot 10 over for the 9 holes (3 doubles, 4 bogeys,  2 pars, no penalty strokes or pitch outs).  2 putted every hole but was never in one putt make-able range.   I fell like my putting has improved since I put the Taylormade back in the bag;  I may have cut it a little too short but it seems to be effective in the 5-12’ range and for speed control.  Almost every full swing shots were topped or thinned.   As I think back through my round I count 5 acceptably struck shots.       Gonna need to hit some balls prior to this weekends round.  

team lost 21-13 and with 3 weeks left in the season and a 4-8 record it doesn’t  look like we will make the playoffs.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Paradym AI Smoke Max HL  16.5* w/MCA TENSEI AV Series Blue
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   more-golf-logo.png Render w/VA Composites Baddazz 

Backup Putters:  Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe,  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I finally played this week and had two very different 9s.

Front: 44 (+8) with a 7 and 8 on par 5s, both from penalty strokes losing the ball. One hit the cart path and bounced into a marsh/pond and then other was a poor choice and hit the ball short into water. I drove the ball relatively okay and ended the front with 4 pars in a row to build the confidence.

Back: 37 (+1) with 8 pars and 1 bogey. I missed a birdie putt on 8 holes which I am conflicted about. I changed my aim to just get into the green rather than always aiming for the pin. I did this since I’ve been following a Twitter account (Lou Stagner) which has changed my mindset. I was 8/9 on GIR which felt good and minimized my mistakes.

Now I’m itching to get back out this weekend but the wife is out of town and I’ve got both kids so I’ll have to wait until Monday.

Driver: Nike Vapor Fly

5 Wood: Callaway X

Irons: 4i-PW-Nike Covert VRS X

Wedges:

• Mizuno MP-T5 51 degree
  • WinningWedge SW 55 degree

Putter: White Taylormade Corza Ghost Mallet

On 6/28/2023 at 9:18 PM, fixyurdivot said:

Like $hat 😔.  42/44 in mens league today.  Started off on board the bogey train and burned edges of holes all day long. Drove the ball great except a HARD pull left on #6 par 4 that we think cleared a house and likely made the street... it was forged 😬.  First time I've been OB in well over 4 months of play.  I simply could not make anything outside 3 feet... and a couple inside that.  Add a handful of poor lag putts to the mix and it made for a frustrating round.

I’m with you on the start.  This is a bit of a different take in the issue but illustrates the point in a different way.

The first 4 holes of my home course make or break the front 9 and the 18.  The handicap indexes are 4, 2, 8 and 6 respectively so those holes are the toughest on that 9.  In fact, two years ago our pro and club president proposed making those four holes the last four and actually changed the routing for about two weeks.  The thought was to toughen the closing holes and make tournaments etc more challenging.  Our 5th tee and number 1 tee are 75 yards from each other, so logistically it was not a hard thing to implement. The club members rebelled for a number of reasons and it didn’t last.  
If I can make it through those holes 1 over or better, I will be at or near par for the front and sail into # 10 with all the confidence in the world and will finish mid 70s no problem.

:titleist-small: 917D2 driver

:callaway-small: 3 wood

:titleist-small: TS2 19 degree and 21 degree hybrids

:PXG:0211 5-GW irons

:ping-small: Glide 56 and 60 degree wedges

:odyssey-small: EXO7 putter :garsen: MAX grip

:titleist-small: Pro V1

20 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Ah yes, the Dr. Jekyl & Mr. Hyde rounds... another of golfs unexplainable phenominas 🤪.  The adage that 90% of golf is played over the distance between one's ears sure seems to be the best explaination.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Official Review)

2 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

Ah yes, the Dr. Jekyl & Mr. Hyde rounds... another of golfs unexplainable phenominas 🤪.  The adage that 90% of golf is played over the distance between one's ears sure seems to be the best explaination.

Yup. I’ve had them on both spectrums good front and bad back, vice versa and even a split throughout the round. I remember coming into the club house and we are talking about the round and one of the guys in the group in front of me says man you must have went low today. You were on/around the green on the first 6 holes. The way the course is setup he couldn’t see a lot of the holes from 7-12. I told him not quite.

I was +1 for the first 6, 7 over for 7-11 and then finished +2.  He asked what happened and told him the evil twin took over for a bit 

Shot 90 on my first round with my "new swing" yesterday. This swing basically feels like trying to play a pushy/slinging draw on every single shot.

The objective is to drastically shallow my club path and avoid the possibility for any high, weak and uncontrollable slice (especially off the tee) which has costed me anywhere between 3 to 8 shots per round this year.

My course handicap is 10 so this round was not a good one per say, but I did hit more fairways and incurred less penalty stroke off the tee than I usually did since the beginning of the season which is a step in the right direction. However, I blatantly shanked 2 shots that ended up in hazards, with my irons, and went for 2 of the par 5s in 2 shots which was pretty bold considering my situation as it costed me another 2 penalty strokes. This aspect of my game game is usually my strength so it's definitely not usual, but I will gladly shoot between 90-100 for as long as it takes as long as I don't ever go back to my over-the-top/casting/slice-enthousiast swing.

FH: 6/14

GIR: 6/18

Putts: 34

6 penalty strokes

Edited by Shlax
Typos

D: Capturedcran2023-10-05105502.png.0ebce72d60b9ee4e1161e241fbbd9429.png Rogue ST Max LS 9° / Capturedcran2023-10-05105502.png.d0d357367dfa8603e4c4c28d6264026b.png Rogue White 130 MSI 70X

3W: Capturedcran2023-10-05105502.png.4a59074c9744cc7e092f2c36e18ab3de.png Sim Max 15° / Capturedcran2023-10-05105502.png.6803317b2b3571b718d8c629a4de5c56.png Ventus Blue FW 6S

3H: Capturedcran2023-10-05105502.png.6cb9c9932faadee028fda9a351832472.png TSi3 20° / True Temper Capturedcran2023-10-05105502.png.9a635b7848f15fd4613c0dfb4aad00e0.png Smoke Black RDX 6.0 80HYB

4i-PW: image.png.54cd730cdbf83f1301bb01ca97353cf9.png 01CB / Capturedcran2023-10-05111734.png.2d7f7e831dcd320c5c5d06d9d07a8556.png Tour 130X 2023 tester

52°-56°-60°: Capturedcran2023-10-05105502.png.4a59074c9744cc7e092f2c36e18ab3de.png Milled Grind 2 / True Temper Capturedcran2023-10-05111734.png.76d14504ff83a37b897afbd6c4a1f0e0.png S200

PCapturedcran2023-10-05105502.png.cf5a492ebe80529a929e3f89cb5060c7.png DFX 2-ball

Ball: Capturedcran2023-10-05105502.png.9ff2829469d46ce26b695253efbcd6a1.png Q-Star Tour & Z-Star and Capturedcran2023-10-05105502.png.4a59074c9744cc7e092f2c36e18ab3de.png TP5 & TP5x

Grips: D-3W: image.png.ec39cb9c1e60dc5987a37598700b82cc.png Z-Grip Cord / 3H-PW: Capturedcran2023-10-05105502.png.d618cbfa3b9983eb4bb68d740c266b8a.png Crossline 360 / Wedges: Capturedcran2023-10-05105502.png.d618cbfa3b9983eb4bb68d740c266b8a.png Genesis Crossline Cord

Bag: image.png.45e8d8c11fdf4042fc63eb6c5195276e.png Anyday Ronin 14 2024 tester

Stat tracking: image.png.d3672a19dde52cc71c030458c62e5421.png X5

On 6/29/2023 at 4:47 PM, Sluggo42 said:

.. a magical green reading and auto- putter device- 

Haha like Al Czervik's! 😄

tumblr_o909eg5qTB1qmob6ro1_400.gif.95273844222a41d3b75d8d13228bcc4d.gif

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym AI Smoke Max (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
3H...Cobra King Tec (MMT 70/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha '19 (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
SW, LW...Mizuno ES21 54-08, 60-06
Putter...
MLA Tour XDream or EvnRoll ER5
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric trolley.
Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour. Or Vice Pro Air. Or "found" Pro V1.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)
Other tests: MLA putter; Cleveland Hi Bore driver; Ben Hogan hybrids.

followthrough.jpg

2 minutes ago, cksurfdude said:

There it is👍

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Shot a 46 over a brutal nearly 3 hour round of just 9 holes. I knew I was coming in after a Friday league but they were running WAY behind. Got paired up with a father and son then joined by another single on 4. Overall driving was good with 58% FIR and the missed ones were all playable. Approaches are still a WIP - 0 GIR today. On the good side, most of my approaches were in “chip and a putt” territory. Just need to continue to work on aim and alignment to hit more greens. 

In my Big Max hybrid bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:wilson_staff_small: D200 6i-GW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:maxfli: Tour S

I played 9 today at Heart of America with my buddy, and an extremely drunk random.

Shot 32 through hole 6 which was feeling pretty good for me, but proceed to implode on the last 3 holes for a 60. Was feeling my woods but just struggling with narrow fairways and steep slopes. My approach game, which usually saves me, was no where to be found. I got smoked in the elbow by an errant approach shot from our drunk third on hole 6 so maybe I can blame that for the last three holes. 

Driver : :callaway-small:GBB Epic, 10.5° loft, autoFlex Dream7, SF405x flex (44.75")
3-Wood: :callaway-small:Rogue ST LS, 15° loft, MCA TENSEI AV Blue 65g, Reg flex (42.25", tipped 0.5")
3-Hybrid: :srixon-small: Z H85, 19° loft, :projectx: HZRDUS Black 85g, Reg flex
Irons: :titleist-small: T350 5i & T200 6i-GW, 23°-48° lofts, Nippon Modus3 120g, Stiff flex (+0.5”, 1° upright)
Wedges: :Sub70: JB Forged Raw 54° & 58° lofts, Nippon Modus3 120g, Reg flex (+0.5/0.25", 0.5° upright)
Putter: :cobra-small:King Vintage Sport 60, SteelFiber P125 shaft, :garsen:Quad Tour Taper grip (34")

On 6/28/2023 at 10:18 PM, fixyurdivot said:

I am the same. My front-nine is usually where I'll mess things up (slices OB, 3-putts, etc ). I often shoot 6-7 less strokes on the back-nine at my home course (and it's rated more difficult than the front). I'm used to it and for some reason, I can't seem to really turn things around after let's say 5 or 6 holes. It really takes the turn in order to get things going. I don't know. It must be mental that's for sure. Completing a nine feels like the page can then be turned and I can start over again.

I don't remember on which podcast or tournament broadcast I heard this but I wish that I could have Dustin Johnson's capacity of dealing with emotions during a round. He basically prepares for his next shot the same way whether it follows an eagle or a triple bogey. In reality, there is no point whatsoever in allowing our next shot to be impacted by the previous one but we can't help it.

Golf will be golf I guess.

D: Capturedcran2023-10-05105502.png.0ebce72d60b9ee4e1161e241fbbd9429.png Rogue ST Max LS 9° / Capturedcran2023-10-05105502.png.d0d357367dfa8603e4c4c28d6264026b.png Rogue White 130 MSI 70X

3W: Capturedcran2023-10-05105502.png.4a59074c9744cc7e092f2c36e18ab3de.png Sim Max 15° / Capturedcran2023-10-05105502.png.6803317b2b3571b718d8c629a4de5c56.png Ventus Blue FW 6S

3H: Capturedcran2023-10-05105502.png.6cb9c9932faadee028fda9a351832472.png TSi3 20° / True Temper Capturedcran2023-10-05105502.png.9a635b7848f15fd4613c0dfb4aad00e0.png Smoke Black RDX 6.0 80HYB

4i-PW: image.png.54cd730cdbf83f1301bb01ca97353cf9.png 01CB / Capturedcran2023-10-05111734.png.2d7f7e831dcd320c5c5d06d9d07a8556.png Tour 130X 2023 tester

52°-56°-60°: Capturedcran2023-10-05105502.png.4a59074c9744cc7e092f2c36e18ab3de.png Milled Grind 2 / True Temper Capturedcran2023-10-05111734.png.76d14504ff83a37b897afbd6c4a1f0e0.png S200

PCapturedcran2023-10-05105502.png.cf5a492ebe80529a929e3f89cb5060c7.png DFX 2-ball

Ball: Capturedcran2023-10-05105502.png.9ff2829469d46ce26b695253efbcd6a1.png Q-Star Tour & Z-Star and Capturedcran2023-10-05105502.png.4a59074c9744cc7e092f2c36e18ab3de.png TP5 & TP5x

Grips: D-3W: image.png.ec39cb9c1e60dc5987a37598700b82cc.png Z-Grip Cord / 3H-PW: Capturedcran2023-10-05105502.png.d618cbfa3b9983eb4bb68d740c266b8a.png Crossline 360 / Wedges: Capturedcran2023-10-05105502.png.d618cbfa3b9983eb4bb68d740c266b8a.png Genesis Crossline Cord

Bag: image.png.45e8d8c11fdf4042fc63eb6c5195276e.png Anyday Ronin 14 2024 tester

Stat tracking: image.png.d3672a19dde52cc71c030458c62e5421.png X5

So who is playing this weekend? 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

24 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Range on Sunday then 18 on Monday!!  Hope to beat my son but he’s been out a lot more than me and is really starting to stripe it. If he could putt he’d be dangerous.  How about you?

Lee Stanek

Driver: Taylormade.jpg.9d38498f8a6006a57c3d138bbf9964b9.jpg  SIM2 Max 9*

3,9 Woods:  Callaway.jpg.c961807c499184adde0c3ed28e3f228d.jpg S2H2 Big Bertha

4-9i,PW,SW Callaway.jpg.c961807c499184adde0c3ed28e3f228d.jpg  S2H2

GW Taylormade.jpg.9d38498f8a6006a57c3d138bbf9964b9.jpg MG3 52*

LW Adams GT2 Undercut 60*

Putter: Titleist.jpg.371c05d2e7430a89639ff5927b325962.jpg  Scotty Cameron Caliente

Ball: Play either Titleist.jpg.371c05d2e7430a89639ff5927b325962.jpg ProV1 or  

20 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

I’ve come to accept this and I think has actually helped my game.  No matter how good or bad I may be playing, I just take it one hole, one shot at a time and know that if I have a bad hole, the next has the opportunity to be good.  If I have a bad shot, a par 4 may now become a bogey  5 but can still be a par with an up/down opportunity. With my hdcp, bogey isn’t a killer.  I’ve played with some that get angry over a bad shot, then let the anger build with each ensuing bad shot.  

In fact, last Monday, first hole (rated #1), I hit a great tee shot.  laving 145, uphill to the green. I shanked it way right into trees/pine straw.  Punched out, then hit a wedge to 5’ then made the putt for bogey.  Second hole, easy par 4.  Again great drive leaving a PW approach, but ball below my feet.  Tried to compensate, but pushed right into green side bunker.  Bogey.  By the end of the round, recorded a 79, my 3rd time ever breaking 80. 

Edited by GaryF

:callaway-small: Driver: Fusion, 9 deg, UST Recoil 450 ES F3/2

:ping-small: 430 MAX 4w (5w head delofted 1* with 3w shaft), 7w, 5h w/ Alta CB Soft Regular shaft

:mizuno-small: JPX923 HM 6i - GW w/ UST Recoil 460 ESX F3

:cleveland-small: RTX6 52* and 56* with Recoil 760 ESX F2 

:odyssey-small: Versa DB DoubleWide 

:srixon-small:: Z-Star Tour

14 hours ago, cksurfdude said:

Where can I buy this magnificent creation???

3 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Definitely NOT me. I pity the players who face these 5 hour rounds, 

7 minutes ago, Sluggo42 said:

Definitely NOT me. I pity the players who face these 5 hour rounds, 

Yeah hard to get a tee time even at my private club! ..which seems to have gotten a lot more popular with golfers this year...

Gonna try tomorrow afternoon, anyway .. hoping we don't get rained out.

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym AI Smoke Max (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
3H...Cobra King Tec (MMT 70/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha '19 (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
SW, LW...Mizuno ES21 54-08, 60-06
Putter...
MLA Tour XDream or EvnRoll ER5
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric trolley.
Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour. Or Vice Pro Air. Or "found" Pro V1.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)
Other tests: MLA putter; Cleveland Hi Bore driver; Ben Hogan hybrids.

followthrough.jpg