Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

FIRST LOOK! - Ping G20 Hybrid

GolfSpy_X

• SPY VIP

The Ping G20 hybrid will be available in 17, 20, 23, 27 and 31 degree lofts. The TF 169H shaft will be available in L, Soft R, R, S and X flexes while the TFC 169H Tour is designed to produce a lower trajectory and is available in R, S and X flexes.

The Ping G20 hybrid will be released on August 15th.

g20-hybrid-launch.jpg

#TruthDigest

If its generally the same as the G10 it isn't quite as bad at address but these things are just so so awkward appearing from this photo angle. Any news if they are going to release an I20 model along with this?

Driver--Taylormade RBZ Tour 9* Aldila RIP Phenom 65s

Fairway Metal--Taylormade R11s 14* Aldila RIP Phenom 70s

Hybrid--Taylormade RBZ Tour 18.5* RE-AX 85 gram S

Irons--Nike Vr Pro-Combo 4-PW True Temper Dynamic Gold S300

Wedges--Nike SV Tour Forged 50*, 56*, 60* True Temper Dynamic Gold

Putter--Scotty Cameron California Del Mar

Ball--Taylormade Lethal

Grips--Lamkin R.E.L 3Gen (Woods-green, Irons-red, Wedges-white)

• 1 month later...

Just acquired a 23 degree G20 Hybrid with Ping Tour X-Stiff shaft. This is the most forgiving, easiest to hit hybrid, in fact could be the easiest club period I have ever hit. I have a very fast swing speed (greater than 110mph) and therefore am prone to some wild exaggeration. But this thing refuses to go anywhere but straight, just point and shoot. And for you people who think the offset could be a "hook machine"? Forget it, the only way this thing will go left is if you aim left :)

2011 TM Burner SuperFast TP 2.0 8.5 Degree, Aldila RIP Alpha 60 Extra Stiff 45 Inches

2010 Ping G15 4 Wood 17.0 Degree, Ping Tour Extra Stiff 43 Inches

2010 Ping G20 23.0 Degree Hybrid, Ping Tour Extra Stiff

Searching for Ping G20 20.0 Degree Hybrid, Ping Tour Extra Stiff

2010 TM R9 TP 5-AW, Stiff KBS Tour

2011 Titleist Vokey Spin Mill 56 and 60, non C-C.

Odyssey Black Putter #6

Thanks for the information.

:srixon-small:  ZX5 MKII LS 8.5

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 3 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 5 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 19.5 Hybrid 

:srixon-small: ZX5 MKll 5 / AW Dart stiff

:taylormade-small: MG3 black 52 9b 58 12b

:scotty-small:  7.5 Phantom 34”

:srixon-small: Z Star Diamond 2023

Ugly is ugly! All Ping hybrids (except Rapture V2) remind me of fried chicken.

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

Ugly is ugly! All Ping hybrids (except Rapture V2) remind me of fried chicken.

Oh my. Previously we had the G15 that looked like "a sore thumb". But now it goes even further with the G20, how can it remind you of fried chicken ? ;-)

By the way, I do like the taste of fried chicken. Almost as much as I like the distance and forgiveness of my G15 hybrid !

But I'm a bit weird, I like the "iron-like" hybrids. I had a Mizuno MX FliHi hybrid before my G15, which had similar shapes, but granted, looked a bit better.

I can't wait to try the G20 to see if it is any better than the G15, which I seriously doubt. I expect it to be only marginally better.

In custom James Stewart golfbag:
Ping Tour-S Rustique 60/TS & 55/13 / Ping CFS Stiff / Ping ID8
Ping i20 4-PW+UW / Ping CFS Stiff / Ping ID8
Ping G15 2H 17° & driver 9° / stiff aldila serrano / ping 703
Odyssey White Hot XG 2-Ball / 33" / 2°up
Srixon AD333 - Oakley Flack Jacket XLJ G30

Maybe I watched too many cartoons... that sore-thumb shape you mention reminds me of a chicken thigh! :D Yummy!

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

• 1 month later...

It has a lot of offset. Buyer will need to feel confortable with that. I don't want to say if it's right or wrong, it is just a spec of the hybrid.

Probably a really good tool for slicing players or player who don't care with the offset. I do admit that I am not a huge fan of offset, so it is not my type of hybrid. Usualy, ping shaft feel really sweet, even in x-stiff.

I'm curious to know if there will be a I20 line ?

• 3 weeks later...

Are these G20 Hybrids in for a review? I would love to read your thoughts on these. I hit these at a demo day and really liked them. I thought the offset would cause me to hit them left, but they just flew high and straight. It was hard to gauge distance, but it seemed on par with my Tour Edge XCG3 hybrids. But I am having a hard time keeping the Tour Edge's from hooking, so am looking at these Pings.

Driver: Callaway Optiforce 440 9.5* with Diamama Blue S+ 62g Stiff shaft

3 and 5 wood: Callaway Big Bertha with Fubuki Z65 Stiff

Hybrid: Wilson FG Tour 4 hybrid

Irons: 5 iron: Cleveland Altitude Stiff; 6 -PW Callaway Apex Pro, KBS Tour-V Stff

Wedges: 51*, 55* and 58* SCORE with Genius Stiff

I'm not sure if the G20 is going to get the Ultimate Review treatment, but it will be part of my ongoing PING thread within a month or two.

Thanks Matt - looking forward to reading your thoughts on the club.

I hit it great at a demo day with the Tour Stiff shaft. I stopped by Golfsmith the other night, and they only had the clubs with the normal Stiff shaft. All I could do was hit the ball way in on the heel (and I was hitting drivers just fine), and I actually shanked a couple. I haven't hit a shank in years, and thought it impossible with a hybrid! I think the normal shaft was too light for me, but I am now concerned with pulling the trigger on these. I need to hit them again with the Tour Stiff, but nobody around me carries them to demo.

Driver: Callaway Optiforce 440 9.5* with Diamama Blue S+ 62g Stiff shaft

3 and 5 wood: Callaway Big Bertha with Fubuki Z65 Stiff

Hybrid: Wilson FG Tour 4 hybrid

Irons: 5 iron: Cleveland Altitude Stiff; 6 -PW Callaway Apex Pro, KBS Tour-V Stff

Wedges: 51*, 55* and 58* SCORE with Genius Stiff

I tried out the G20 and it's performance was much like my current hybrid, however it felt more like an iron than any hybrid I've tried which all felt like choked down upright woods. I have no idea of why I felt this way and will need to go back and try the club again to at least see if it's a better feel for me. At the very least, this club might serve as a very kind Iron rather than as a short trouble wood.

Shambles

Archived