Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

College Football

fozcycle

There’s still a bunch of football left, and some really big games that will impact the final four, the real issue for the committee is Georgia and LSU at the moment, LSU has to play Alabama. Notes Dame I think throws the biggest wrench into the SEC domination. So you have Alabama, then Clemson, then ND, if the big ten champ has 1 loss whoever it is, they’re in. If bags loses to LSU or Auburn that could really make things difficult come selection time especially if Michigan and ND and Clemson win out. I don’t think Alabama will lose to anyone in the SEC this season so it won’t matter in that regard, if that happens all the other SEC teams will have 2 losses. It is going to be interesting g the next 4-5 weeks. 

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

20 minutes ago, Undershooter30 said:

What college team that has ever won or played for a title has lost by more than 20?

The answer is none. 

Don't have to look too far back. Georgia lost to Auburn by 23 last year and was runner-up in the Championship.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Official Review)

Those of you with teams in the  running for national recognition, I congratulate you and wish you all the enjoyment.   As for me, my season was made this weekend, the HOOS BEAT DUKE.    I am a happy camper and nothing is going to spoil it until basketball season.  

1 hour ago, fixyurdivot said:

Don't have to look too far back. Georgia lost to Auburn by 23 last year and was runner-up in the Championship.

Apologies! You are spot on. My stat was from last season when the argument was OSU getting in despite losing to Iowa by 31. I'll still stick with no title winner ever having a loss that bad though. Especially to an unranked opponent. 

Edit: I'll add that Georgia did at least lose to a decent Auburn team and blow them out later that same season. 

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

6 hours ago, Shankster said:

And counter myself with Holy Georgia Tech!

0 passing yards!!! And they beat VT, that’s got to be some sort of record.

I think I saw a week or 2 ago that Army won without attempting a pass. How crazy is that?! lol 

Boise State takes on Air Force tomorrow in Colorado. Always a fun match-up since their triple option attack has just given us fits in the past... Hope to see some sort of improvement with our terrible O-Line play that has been our biggest disappointment all year and has cost us our chance at a New-Year's 6 bid. Hope to win out and squeak into some crummy bowl somewhere though...

GO BRONCOS!!!

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

All these  top tier teams have padded schedules.They need instituting a rule for top tier teams.Every week should be a high end caliber top 25 matchups.If your outside the top 25 your schedule gets padded until you prove yourself.Would show who deserves being ranked highly each season 

21 hours ago, PING Apologist #9 said:

Boise State takes on Air Force tomorrow in Colorado. Always a fun match-up since their triple option attack has just given us fits in the past... Hope to see some sort of improvement with our terrible O-Line play that has been our biggest disappointment all year and has cost us our chance at a New-Year's 6 bid. Hope to win out and squeak into some crummy bowl somewhere though...

GO BRONCOS!!!

Ouch, this is another tough one for me.  Love the Broncos, but I'm an Air Force vet.  Really don't lose either way, so that's the upside.  Good luck and GO IRISH!

Man, Clemson is just destroying Florida State. 21-0 right before the half and they are threatening again. You are gonna see an empty stadium in the 2nd half and a bunch of PO'd Seminoles.

• :ping-small: G400 Driver
  • :callaway-small: XR 4 Fairway 16.5°
  • :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi Utility Iron - 21°
  • :ping-small: G Series 5-9 irons
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 46°, 50°, 54° & 58°
  • :taylormade-small: Ghost Spider S putter
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Laser Rangefinder
  • Garmin Approach S20 GPS

4 hours ago, GSwag said:

Man, Clemson is just destroying Florida State. 21-0 right before the half and they are threatening again. You are gonna see an empty stadium in the 2nd half and a bunch of PO'd Seminoles.

Yup.  It's been a tough year without many tomahawk chops. They still remain among my favorites.

I'm kicking back in my easy chair right now with a BIG grin on my face. 😁  It's going to be funnier than a baby piglet trying to score tit off a boar hawg when the SEC Championship game comes around.   Yep we'll be there when the dust settles. 😉  

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

I have a huge dilemma with college football as the season continues. If Michigan wins out they get in. My problem is I dispose the SEC and the love fest they receive, Alabama yes, Georgia, maybe, the others haven’t been good for a few years so LSU, no way. They will all in the end play each other so it may not matter. My real dilemma is ND. I live 20 minutes or so from that campus and cannot stand them, the problem is that if they lose it allows the committee to put 2 SEC teams in again, if they win out it essentially eliminates all but 1 sec team which is the way it should be, if you can t win your conference, you should have a chance to win the National title. Just My opinion. I just cannot hope for ND to win anymore games, but I also don’t want 2 SEC teams to get in. 

Some good contests today.  Watching UW lose to Cal - too funny.  The WSU vs. Stanford was a battle and the Cougars are playing with purpose.  Penn State pulled out a good victory against Iowa (Hawkeye's always show up). While my Lightening Bolts lost to Boise State, at least they made it a game.  And, last but not least, my beloved Notre Dame is 8-0.

SYRACUSE... BACK TO A BOWL GAME!!!!!

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

12 hours ago, robertson153 said:

Where ya at Fozz? What a thriller I just watched. My Cats came out victorious!!
Now to my good ol buddy down south OG, next week it’s on!!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Oh well be ready partner! 

GeorgiaBulldogs.jpg

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

I fully expect Georgia to get the customary SEC jump over Michigan today and the first CFP rankings.

No offense to your Bull Dogs OG. Great team, just don’t like the whole “SEC is the greatest thing since football started” crap every year.

Where ya at Fozz? What a thriller I just watched. My Cats came out victorious!!

Now to my good ol buddy down south OG, next week it’s on!!

Still recovering from the unbelievable finish! That was the worst/best game this year! Go Big Blue! Now Cats, back to Lex to get ready for the dawgs.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Cobra Connect Bag: Cobra F8 Driver(10.5*) 3-4W(14.5*) & 5-6W(18.5*)w/Mitsubishi Tensei ck Blue Regular; Cobra F8 3 Hybrid, 5 Hybrid & 6-PW, Gw(49*) SW(54*) LW(58*) all w/UST Mamiya Recoil 460 ES regular shafts. Lamkin Cobra Connect grips with Arccoss tracking sensors. Putter: Evnroll ER6 33”. Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat/Silver).

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

1 hour ago, robertson153 said:

I like it. I’m trying to get tickets, only a little over an hour away, but they’re hotter than a black vinyl seat on a hot summer day.

Blake

If I didn’t have tickets for northwestern - Nd this weekend. I would seriously consider coming down and seeing this matchup.Heck , maybe we could’ve had an impromptu golf spy outing in the morning or on Sunday . Nothing like big games in the SEC

Keep it in the short stuff

Man, lots of good games this Saturday.

Ok St over UT... That ending was classic UT arrogance with Hegar acting a complete fool.

Wazzup over Stanford... Love me some pirate.

Syracuse bowl eligible... Dino Babers is seriously underrated.

Kentucky over Mizzou... Wow what a final game winning drive.

And the best ending all weekend...
Freaking KANSAS over TCU with butt fumble 2.0. LOL I mean, this is great. Sure, my bears didn't show up in Morgantown but anytime a big program loses to Kansas... It warms the heart.

Cobra Connect 5 Competitor - Team Chad

• :cobra-small: King Radspeed 10.5* w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 60 6.5 tipped 1/2" - Peacoat/Red
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Big Tour 3 Wood w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5 Tipped 1/2"
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Tour 5 Wood w/ Motore X F1 70 X Flex 
  • :cobra-small: King Utility 4 21* w/ Tensei Pro White 100 X Flex
  • :cobra-small: King Tour MIM Copper Irons 5-G w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :cobra-small: King MIM Black Wedges 55* & 60* w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :taylormade-small: Spider SR
  • :titelist-small: Pro V1x Left Dash
  • Lefty

12 hours ago, txgolfjunkie said:

Syracuse bowl eligible... Dino Babers is seriously underrated.

The fun part about it TX is that this is fun to watch. We're like a Big XII offense in an ACC area. 7th nationally in PPG, and winning in fun ways. Sure, it makes the end of games really tense playing these close shootouts, but we're having a fun time in CNY for the first time in a long time.

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

On 10/27/2018 at 7:10 PM, Kor.A.Door said:

I have a huge dilemma with college football as the season continues. If Michigan wins out they get in. My problem is I dispose the SEC and the love fest they receive, Alabama yes, Georgia, maybe, the others haven’t been good for a few years so LSU, no way. They will all in the end play each other so it may not matter. My real dilemma is ND. I live 20 minutes or so from that campus and cannot stand them, the problem is that if they lose it allows the committee to put 2 SEC teams in again, if they win out it essentially eliminates all but 1 sec team which is the way it should be, if you can t win your conference, you should have a chance to win the National title. Just My opinion. I just cannot hope for ND to win anymore games, but I also don’t want 2 SEC teams to get in. 

I believe there are only 2 scenarios that the SEC gets 2 teams in the playoffs. And both would require ND losing. The first being LSU beating Alabama in a close game and then both teams winning out. The second being Alabama win out until the SEC title and UGA or Kentucky scraping by them narrowly. 
I don't see any other way it happens, and am not sure if even then they would get 2 in without multiple other things happening.

I think your dream scenario(however much you hate the idea of it) should be Bama winning out and ND looking terrible the rest of the year but also winning out. That would give ND the 4 seed against Bama's 1 and you can hope for a repeat of the 2012-13 title game.

10 minutes ago, Undershooter30 said:

I believe there are only 2 scenarios that the SEC gets 2 teams in the playoffs. And both would require ND losing. The first being LSU beating Alabama in a close game and then both teams winning out. The second being Alabama win out until the SEC title and UGA or Kentucky scraping by them narrowly. 
I don't see any other way it happens, and am not sure if even then they would get 2 in without multiple other things happening.

I think your dream scenario(however much you hate the idea of it) should be Bama winning out and ND looking terrible the rest of the year but also winning out. That would give ND the 4 seed against Bama's 1 and you can hope for a repeat of the 2012-13 title game.

I think it could be 1. Alabama 2. Clemson 3. ND 4. Michigan. Of course that would mean that Michigan would need to win out, but of those 4 teams I think Clemson and ND have the easiest road based on what is left of the schedule, Alabama does have some intriguing games left, but I dont see any of them beating them unless Alabama just has a horrible game. Michigan, of course would need to win out, and then win the big ten title. I think that spot will go to Ohio state or Michigan assuming that one or the other will only have 1 loss at the end. Oklahoma has a chance to get in, but I think 2 of the current top 5 teams (LSU and Alabama play each other so that’s 1 of the teams)  and Ohio state would need to have 2 losses for that to happen. Depending on how these last 4 weeks play out. It looks like the 4 teams will be pretty set from looks of it.