Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Aerotech steelfiber shafts

808nation

Has anyone used the Aerotech Steelfiber shafted irons? How do they perfom and how do they feel? Thinking about getting some for my Taylormade psi irons.

Sent from MyGolfSpy mobile

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 shaft

FW Wood:   :cobra-small:  F9 wood 14.5* 

Hybrids:  :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max 3 Hybrid & :nike-small: Vapor Flex 4 hybrid  

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z565 - 7 thru PW & ZU85 - 5 thru 6 with Recoil ZT9 F4 shafts                                            

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: RTX4 52*, 56*, 60* 

Putter:  Scotty Cameron M2 Newport

Ball:  :Snell: Black & :titelist-small: Pro V1

Bag: 2018 MyGolfSpy stand Bag & 2021 Greenside Golf stand bag

They are awesome. Be careful though they tend to be stronger than indicated. R is stronger than R for sure. I have some 85's kicking around.

Sent from my VS986 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

One of the most consistent shafts with super tight dispersion that I've found, period. Add in the best vibration reduction capabilities on the market and you have a shaft that fits everyone from the 30 year old 3 handicapper to Mr Havenkamp at the club. I am Not playing them right now, but have in the past and they're fantastic. The key is finding one in the correct weight range and then flex. I don't think they play stiffer than c tapers or project X or any of the others, just different. Snedeker and Kuch play the 95 stiff, so don't be surprised if you end up lighter/softer than anticipated. The bones of the shaft is graphite but then it has 50+ miles of Steelfiber material wrapped around each individual shaft!

Was wondering about these... thx for that info.

Like the feel of graphite but like more the performance of steel - these may be a future splurge.

Somewhere someone had posted a link - I'll have to search and add it to this post, I guess - to a shaft calculator to find the flex code based on your inputs - do you think that would work for these?

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

I played them in my last set and really enjoyed them. They feel a little stouter than most graphite shafts and give you a tight dispersion. I don't know if they play firmer than the listed flex or just feel firmer. I was using the i110 in X-Stiff and didn't have any issues.

Titleist TS3 9.5* w/Accra TZ5 65 X-Stiff
Titleist TS3 15* w/Fujikura Ventus 7X
Callaway Apex19 Hybrid 20* w/Accra TZ5 95X
Callaway Apex19 Hybrid 23* w/Accra TZ5 95X
Titleist 718 CB 5 iron w/KBS $Taper X-Stiff
Titleist 718 MB 6-PW w/KBS $Taper X-Stiff
Titleist SM7 Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* w/KBS $Taper X-Stiff
Bettinardi Queen B 10 34.5"
Titleist Pro V1 or Snell MTB-X

I have played the SF shafts in my last three iron sets and liked them so much have them in my hybrids.  One of the best things about SF is the weight variance.  If you are coming from a steel shaft and want the feel of the steel weight you may opt for a heavier stick.  If you are like me, a bit longer of tooth, you may want a lighter piece.  Currently there are three weights in my bag, light for the hybrids, a bit heavier for the irons and heavier still for the wedges.  Mine are cut with less tip removed for the irons to get a soft regular.  Just make sure you are going to a real fitter who will test you, let you hit and play various weights and stiffness and who will actually do the install when you have made the decision on which you want.  There is nothing like actually hitting a sample and testing on a flight monitor.  DO NOT trust anyone who does not offer the above recommendations.  Your truck mechanic can put together a golf club, but you wouldn't use it on a golf course.  

I have the AeroTech Steel Fiber shafts in all my Wishon irons. They are the first an only "graphite" type shafts I've ever played in irons. Mine are all i80-R. I can't really speak to any technical performance data other than to say these shafts combined with my custom fit Wishon 771csi irons have been been a game changer for me. Apprenti says they produce a tight shot dispersion. I say maybe so. My shot pattern is defiantly and noticeably tighter since I purchased my irons. However, I think that's due as much to my club model, build... and the shafts combined. I don't think the shafts alone have done that for me. My irons and the components that make up each club work in unison. Yes, the AeroTech shafts are very good. I'd recommend them to anyone as long as you have them fit to your swing and particular iron model.

FYI: Interestingly... just yesterday I received a new wedge. My fitter made me a Wishon PCF MicroTour-C 60* w/AeroTech i80-R shaft. I'll be putting it to good use later today. After I unpacked the wedge I looked into the box and pulled out some paperwork. There I found an Invoice from AeroTech to my fitter for some iron shafts he'd ordered back in October 2015. The single price excluding any shipping charges were $29.50 each for the i95-R taper tip.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Agree, they do play stiffer than other shafts. I typically play a x100 or KBS X and a fitter put me in a Aerotech S. It's a great shaft and the dispersion was nice, too.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• SPY VIP

Has anyone used the Aerotech Steelfiber shafted irons? How do they perfom and how do they feel? Thinking about getting some for my Taylormade psi irons.

We are getting ready to do a test just for this.  

Steel

Hybrid

Graphite

Same head.

#TruthDigest

We are getting ready to do a test just for this.

Steel

Hybrid

Graphite

Same head.

Oh boy! This gets me very excited, can hardly wait to read about these different shafts. I've been thinking really hard about switching to Steel Fibers because of the great reviews, but I need to know if it will make any difference at all to justify the cost. I currently play KBS C Taper 105 stiff shafts in my Psi irons and they feel good.

WITB:

Hybrids:  :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max 3 Hybrid & :nike-small: Vapor Flex 4 hybrid  

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z565 - 7 thru PW & ZU85 - 5 thru 6 with Recoil ZT9 F4 shafts                                            

Oh boy! This gets me very excited, can hardly wait to read about these different shafts. I've been thinking really hard about switching to Steel Fibers because of the great reviews, but I need to know if it will make any difference at all to justify the cost. I currently play KBS C Taper 105 stiff shafts in my Psi irons and they feel good.

Why not go for a fitting? You can hit all the shafts on the same head to see what works best, even if it is your current model, at least you'd have peace of mind knowing that shaft is the best for you.

Yeah, I tried finding fitters for Steelfiber shafts but not to many around where I live, and the PGA Superstore does not carry them. I have tried many other shafts but always get the same or similar results so I wanted to try these out and was interested because of the reviews and feedback from my fellow spies and on the web. I appreciate the advise though.

WITB:

I must say that the adila rogue shafts in my current irons remind me of my steel fibers in regards to feel and ball flight.

Sent from my VS986 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Archived