Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Training Nets & Mats

TSauer

Looking to buy a net and possibly a hitting mat to get some extra practice in at home. Does anyone have recommendations on some decent priced nets?

I was looking at the SKLZ Quickster 8' x 8' but I've read about the net not holding up after a few hundred shots.

Do any of you have a net that has worked well and held up over lots of use?

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

Do you need a pop up net or do you have a place you can hang out and leave? Like in my garage my ceiling is tall so I put some hooks in my ceiling and bought a 12*12 outdoor leaf tarp , looks like a black thick screen and it's held up nicely cost me pennies

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

I'm actually also looking into a net and hitting mat. I was looking into the Izzo 7x7 net on Amazon for $50 with some decent reviews but that's about as far as I've gotten.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: 10.5* XR16 R Flex

Woods: :callaway-logo-1: Big Bertha V-Series 3 Wood R Flex

Hybrid: :titelist-small: 913H 21* R flex

Irons: :wilson_staff_small: C300 4-PW R Flex

Wedges: :titelist-small: SM5 50*, 54*, 58*

Putter: :cleveland-small: 2135 Cero 33" / :odyssey-small: EXO Seven S 33"

Do you need a pop up net or do you have a place you can hang out and leave? Like in my garage my ceiling is tall so I put some hooks in my ceiling and bought a 12*12 outdoor leaf tarp , looks like a black thick screen and it's held up nicely cost me pennies

Well, for right now a pop up. I will eventually be moving it to my shed/mancave once I get concrete poured in it. I never thought about hanging a tarp though, might have to look into that.

I'm actually also looking into a net and hitting mat. I was looking into the Izzo 7x7 net on Amazon for $50 with some decent reviews but that's about as far as I've gotten.

I think I looked at the one as well. I really want the Rukket Net, I've been reading it's one of the best pop ups, but it's also about $150. The SKLZ I was looking at earlier this evening is $85.

So many options.

Well, for right now a pop up. I will eventually be moving it to my shed/mancave once I get concrete poured in it. I never thought about hanging a tarp though, might have to look into that.

I think I looked at the one as well. I really want the Rukket Net, I've been reading it's one of the best pop ups, but it's also about $150. The SKLZ I was looking at earlier this evening is $85.

So many options.

Yeah when you make that move lmk I have a pretty cool set up I can show u,I like those Matt's that you can use your real tee on, I can't find the guy I got mine from on the bay but it will last you move the awesome for probs and tee shots

When it comes to nets and mats, you get what you paid for.

I have a few mats at home. The one I like is the fairway pro but you also needs another mat for your stance. I have a Swingbox which is pretty limited in terms of clubs selections, I can use 6i down to driver and it works very well. I catcher it high a few times and it was not good. At the time net return pro was also the choice, I made the wrong choice.

Check out Craigslist you'd be able to pick one up for the price of the cheap one. If you have the space and some patience you can find some good deals.

I have the SKLZ net and it's pretty good. Quick set-up and take down, but it's a little tight so most balls come back toward me on a bounce. They don't always get caught in the net.

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

I'd suggest the RealFeel mat, as it allows you to hit down on the ball without pain and it holds up well.

What's In the Bag

Driver - :callaway-small: GBB 

Hybrids  :cleveland-small: Halo XL Halo 18* & :cobra-small: T-Rail 20*

Irons  :cobra-small: T-Rail 2.0

Wedges :ping-small: 60* TS / SCOR 48* 53* 58*

Putter     :scotty-small:

Ball :callaway-logo-1:

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

I have a Real Feel  - Country Club Elite mat. It's a 5' x 5'. Here's a link.

http://www.realfeelgolfmats.com/

I've had it for 3 years I think. And.... I might be willing to sell it to one of you guys. It's in excellent condition and I also have the ball tray that sits beside it. These mats are the best you can find anywhere. That's why I bought it. Read up on the site and let me know if you're interested.

20170526_073222.jpg

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

I have a Real Feel - Country Club Elite mat. It's a 5' x 5'. Here's a link.

I've had it for 3 years I think. And.... I might be willing to sell it to one of you guys. It's in excellent condition and I also have the ball tray that sits beside it. These mats are the best you can find anywhere. That's why I bought it. Read up on the site and let me know if you're interested.

20170526_073222.jpg

Those looks like the range mats... Nice!

MDGolfHacker

What's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

I have the SKLZ net and it's pretty good. Quick set-up and take down, but it's a little tight so most balls come back toward me on a bounce. They don't always get caught in the net.

How long have you had it? Is it holding up well?

I have a Real Feel - Country Club Elite mat. It's a 5' x 5'. Here's a link.

attachicon.gif20170526_073222.jpg

Is that the $500 one?

Is that the $500 one?

That's the one. 5x5

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

The Rukket net is a well made net. Easy to set up and take down but definitely stake it down outdoors if it is at all windy. Just went to their website and noticed they are running a 15% off deal right now.

:cleveland-small: Launcher HB Driver 10.5* | :cleveland-small: Launcher HB 5W | :cleveland-small: Launcher HB 3H and 4H | :cleveland-small: Launcher CBX Irons 5-PW | :cleveland-small: CBX Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* | :cleveland-small: TFI 2135 Cero Putter | :srixon-small: Q Star Balls

How long have you had it? Is it holding up well?

Over a year. Yes, very well.

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

The Rukket net is a well made net. Easy to set up and take down but definitely stake it down outdoors if it is at all windy. Just went to their website and noticed they are running a 15% off deal right now.

This was the one I have been looking at for a little while now, just gotta tell myself it's worth the money.

So many options.

I've got a Rukket pop up. Great in the garage but a sloped yard and steady winds make it very hard to stake out. As far as wear and tear, it's been good. I never hit driver into it so factor that in. Get a good $$$ no bounce mat big enough to stand on.

This was the one I have been looking at for a little while now, just gotta tell myself it's worth the money.

I ultimately went with this one because it seemed durable and for the easy set up/take down since I can't leave it open anywhere. I have had it for over a year and am happy with it so far.

:cleveland-small: Launcher HB Driver 10.5* | :cleveland-small: Launcher HB 5W | :cleveland-small: Launcher HB 3H and 4H | :cleveland-small: Launcher CBX Irons 5-PW | :cleveland-small: CBX Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* | :cleveland-small: TFI 2135 Cero Putter | :srixon-small: Q Star Balls

This post got me interested. So I might vacuum it off and put it up in the classified soon. It's heavy so I'll have to look into shipping cost first.

It's a nice heavy duty mat that you can hit down and through without wrecking your wrists. I've had it several years and it's held up remarkably well both outdoor in the rain and under a protected patio. Mine shows little if any noticeable wear.

In the meantime send me a private message if interested.

This post got me interested. So I might vacuum it off and put it up in the classified soon. It's heavy so I'll have to look into shipping cost first.

It's a nice heavy duty mat that you can hit down and through without wrecking your wrists. I've had it several years and it's held up remarkably well both outdoor in the rain and under a protected patio. Mine shows little if any noticeable wear.

In the meantime send me a private message if interested.

I'd love to have one like that, but can't justify spending that much on a mat.. at least at the moment.

Archived