Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Official MyGolfSpy/Cobra Connect Driver Challenge Thread

@TBT, you got any pictures of your F7 with the Elements Chrome? I'm wanting to see what that combo looks like.

I think Tim has the plus version.

Here's a couple pics of the F7 with the same shaft.  I also got the Elements Chrome shaft...

Chrome shaft looks really good with the silver head.

IMG_20170803_124134977_HDR.jpg

IMG_20170803_124149612_HDR.jpg

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Tim has the plus version.

Here's a couple pics of the F7 with the same shaft. I also got the Elements Chrome shaft...

Chrome shaft looks really good with the silver head.

attachicon.gifIMG_20170803_124134977_HDR.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_20170803_124149612_HDR.jpg

Sick! I have the F7+, but in black. I'm thinking this shaft would be a nice addition to it. Now if only I knew if it would be a good fit for me haha

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

Does anyone feel like the grip in their driver is extra large?  Mine is significantly larger than what I have in my gamer and I'm wondering if I got the wrong size grip or if it is just large due to the Connect thing...

Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X

Sick! I have the F7+, but in black. I'm thinking this shaft would be a nice addition to it. Now if only I knew if it would be a good fit for me haha

That black head with the chrome shaft would look prettttttty sweeeeeet !!

Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X

Does anyone feel like the grip in their driver is extra large? Mine is significantly larger than what I have in my gamer and I'm wondering if I got the wrong size grip or if it is just large due to the Connect thing...

Hey man.

To answer an earlier post, think another shaft would fix you. Just like a doctor, get a 2nd opinion.

As for the grip. Feels the opposite. I wanted a midsize with extra tape.

Feels like a standard grip in my hands though.

Tazz

Grip n Rip it

Grip n Rip it

Chicks dig the LONG ball

In my :callaway-small: staff bag

:cobra-small: King F7+ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro White 60 - Graphite Tour X-Stiff

:755178188_TourEdge:  CBX 13.5 3 Wood

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Atomic Irons 4-AW (reviewing)

:cleveland-small: CG16 Satin 52*

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 56* and 60*

Sentio Sierra 101-M Putter

Proud tester of the Tommy Armour ATOMIC Irons 

Hey man.

To answer an earlier post, think another shaft would fix you. Just like a doctor, get a 2nd opinion.

As for the grip. Feels the opposite. I wanted a midsize with extra tape.

Feels like a standard grip in my hands though.

Tazz

Grip n Rip it

Haha... we should swap shafts!  :lol:

Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X

IMG_3267.JPG

Here's my F7+ with the Chrome shaft not the best pic but it gives you a general idea

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

attachicon.gifIMG_3267.JPG

Here's my F7+ with the Chrome shaft not the best pic but it gives you a general idea

Looks sweet man!

Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X

Looks sweet man!

Just realized that's before I took off the sticker on the shaft...I'll get better pics tomorrow

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

Just realized that's before I took off the sticker on the shaft...I'll get better pics tomorrow

Haha I was wondering what that was.

hey guys.... just returned from another round with my King Cobra F7 driver and I think I have enough rounds/range time with it to give a fair assessment.
There's both good and bad.

In case you didn't know we could either choose the regular F7 or the F7+.  I wasn't sure what the difference was but I looked online and thought the F7 might be a better fit for me.  When I went to do my fitting the fitter put me into the F7 with the Mamiya Elements Chrome stiff shaft.  I hit both and thought - at the time - that when looking down at the regular F7 I felt more confident.

I'm now starting to regret that decision.

You'll notice that a lot (if not all) of these guys hitting bombs are using the plus model.  
Don't get me wrong, the F7 is a great driver and it is pretty consistent, but I think that you pay for that consistency with reduced distance.

A few drivers ago (haha) I had the Bio Cell+ driver.  I really didn't have too much issue getting up in the 260/270 range with that and hit a couple of them 290+.  With this F7, no matter what I do I can't get it out there that far.  My best swing - perfect grip, setup, center face contact - and I was only able to get it out there 270.  I think that is the max that I can do with this.  I have a 915 D2 that was my gamer before I got the F7 and my golf partner for the league I'm in commented that he didn't think I hit this new driver as far.

I really wish I went with the plus model; don't get me wrong, I enjoy getting into or close to the fairway but it'd be nice to crank one out there once in a while and with the regular F7 I just don't think that's possible.

The good part is that it is pretty forgiving - heel, toe, high on the face, low on the face - you're usually going to get pretty much the same shot.  

At the end of the day I think the regular F7 is more or less a 'vanilla' driver.  It's like vanilla ice cream - it gets the job done but for some reason you feel like you might be missing out on something like chocolate sauce or sprinkles or hot fudge...

I'll bring my gamer along with me next time and do some closer comparisons but as of now I'm lukewarm on the F7; maybe if I had the plus it'd be a different story.

BTW - I can probably get my fairway percentage up but I've been trying to really test the driver and crank it out there and I can see now that it's a lost cause.

I just looked through the postings on page 1 and 2 of the thread and I think I might be the only one that got the regular F7.  Hopefully my feedback will help you guys if you are looking at this driver and trying to decide between the regular F7 and the plus.

Call me crazy but... It sounds like you picked the right driver. To begin with, if you are actually hitting the ball 270, that is more than enough distance. The average driving distance for the PGA tour this year is 292.  A consistent 270, in reality, puts you in the top 10% of all adult male golfers for driving distance. Trackman did a big study a while back and that's what the numbers say.

So, if you actually hit it 270 and you can put it in the fairway consistently, congrats! You are on par with the bottom third of the PGA tour! Now, can a smaller head give you an extra 5-10 yards? Probably. Will it be less consistent, resulting in bigger misses? Yes. Does 5-10 yards matter if you already hit it 270? Not really. Think about your average par 4. It plays around 400 yards, yes? So, you hit it 270, in the fairway and you have a nice full swing with a pitching wedge for a GIR. Now, say you hit it 280, leaving 120. Did that really help you score better? Maybe you're hitting a gap wedge instead? I don't get it man. I would take 270 all day if I could get 80% FIR!

Driver:  :ping-small:  G 10.5* W/Tour Stiff 65g Ping Shaft   

Fairway Woods:  :cobra-small:  Cobra F6 13.5*, F6 Baffler 16*  

Irons: Split Set-  :ping-small: i200 3i - 7i ,  :benhogan-small: Ft Worth 15s, 8 (36), 9 (40), PW (44) 

Wedges: :benhogan-small:  TK, 52* & 56*

Putter:  :ping-small: Sigma G Kushin 

Bag:  :ping-small: Hoofer 5way

Balls:  :taylormade-small: TP5/X

Agreed I will take accuracy over distance every time.

Call me crazy but... It sounds like you picked the right driver. To begin with, if you are actually hitting the ball 270, that is more than enough distance. The average driving distance for the PGA tour this year is 292.  A consistent 270, in reality, puts you in the top 10% of all adult male golfers for driving distance. Trackman did a big study a while back and that's what the numbers say.

So, if you actually hit it 270 and you can put it in the fairway consistently, congrats! You are on par with the bottom third of the PGA tour! Now, can a smaller head give you an extra 5-10 yards? Probably. Will it be less consistent, resulting in bigger misses? Yes. Does 5-10 yards matter if you already hit it 270? Not really. Think about your average par 4. It plays around 400 yards, yes? So, you hit it 270, in the fairway and you have a nice full swing with a pitching wedge for a GIR. Now, say you hit it 280, leaving 120. Did that really help you score better? Maybe you're hitting a gap wedge instead? I don't get it man. I would take 270 all day if I could get 80% FIR!

Yeah... I hear ya... if I could hit it middle of the fairway 270 every time I wouldn't be here.  :lol:

Maybe I didn't do a good job explaining it... my longest straightest most perfect shot went 276.  my average shot goes around 240.  I get a couple out 250 plus; a couple out 220+; and a couple out 230+

I've been fairly consistent about getting in the fairway or close - actually surprised myself on a couple shots(!) but, for example these were my drives last time out - 205 (FIR), 194 (FIR), 210 (FIR), 256 (FIR), 255, 207, 260(FIR), 209(FIR), 207(FIR)

As you can see I've got quite a few "short" shots that I really thought went much farther.

I just think that with the "plus" I could get that extra 10-15 yards AND still be in the fairway on a regular basis.

Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X

Congrats TBT and ACE / great job!

I'm SO glad I hit both clubs before choosing. I would have chosen the F7 based on specs and descriptions.

But as my fitter said - "you don't look comfortable over the ball with that club (F7)". The face almost looked open to me at address. Big head yeah but weird to my eye.

The F7+ I instantly hit better. I asked my fitter - wait I'm a 13 handicap - isn't this engineered for the better player? That's basically just Cobra marketing came the response.

I think I'm actually preferring this club to my M2. (It may be going on eBay soon) maybe my swing has improved but it's more down the middle consistent. Maybe it's the elements chrome shaft. In any event I'd say my driving is better.

I'm not hitting bombs but topping at 265 for me is good. I still lift a touch on take away and that drains some power.

I'm not gaming the M2 for the duration of this contest. I suppose I'll try it again just to confirm my suspicions that I'm better with the $250 Cobra. Try it out...

Congrats TBT and ACE / great job!

I'm SO glad I hit both clubs before choosing. I would have chosen the F7 based on specs and descriptions.

But as my fitter said - "you don't look comfortable over the ball with that club (F7)". The face almost looked open to me at address. Big head yeah but weird to my eye.

The F7+ I instantly hit better. I asked my fitter - wait I'm a 13 handicap - isn't this engineered for the better player? That's basically just Cobra marketing came the response.

I think I'm actually preferring this club to my M2. (It may be going on eBay soon) maybe my swing has improved but it's more down the middle consistent. Maybe it's the elements chrome shaft. In any event I'd say my driving is better.

I'm not hitting bombs but topping at 265 for me is good. I still lift a touch on take away and that drains some power.

I'm not gaming the M2 for the duration of this contest. I suppose I'll try it again just to confirm my suspicions that I'm better with the $250 Cobra. Try it out...

I said the exact same thing when I was looking at the F7 and F7+. I thought there was no way the F7+ would be suitable for my game, but I also didn't like the gloss of the F7. Luckily I was informed that the + version was actually a lot more forgiving than one might think.

On the topic of forgiveness, thought I'd show off this big ol' miss! Haha!

I played 27 today. Hit a bunch of balls with my 7 iron and a training aid I'm using (The HANGER) after my first 18. Started to sprinkle so I said screw it and went to the first tee.

First swing was soooo far off the toe and the result was a nice 5 yard draw that still got out there, 280 carry. Considering I hit some good shots that go 280, I feel like this is a testament to the F7+.

On another note: One thing I don't understand about Arccos and the differences in some of my drives. I'm pretty consistent with my driver. I hit the sweet spot more than I don't. My ball flight is always pretty similar. But one drive on Arccos goes 300. The next goes 265, but yet I'm on a 440y par 4 that is dead straight and I'm in the middle of the fairway 130y out to the middle of the green.

Anyone else having those big disparities between actual yardage on course and what Cobra CONNECT says? IMG_3093.PNGIMG_3082.JPG

@BryanGolf

Cobra F7+ w/Project X HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5

Cobra F7 3 Wood w/Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro White 80TX
TaylorMade M2 5 Wood w/Graphite Design DI 8X
TaylorMade UDI 3 Iron w/Project X HZRDUS Black 105g 6.5
TaylorMade P770 4 Iron, P750 5-PW w/True Temper DGTI X100
TaylorMade Milled Grind SB 54w/DGTI S400
​Titleist Vokey SM6 60* M Grind w/DGTI S400
TaylorMade Spider Tour Blue

On another note: One thing I don't understand about Arccos and the differences in some of my drives. I'm pretty consistent with my driver. I hit the sweet spot more than I don't. My ball flight is always pretty similar. But one drive on Arccos goes 300. The next goes 265, but yet I'm on a 440y par 4 that is dead straight and I'm in the middle of the fairway 130y out to the middle of the green.

Anyone else having those big disparities between actual yardage on course and what Cobra CONNECT says? attachicon.gifIMG_3093.PNGattachicon.gifIMG_3082.JPG

I have wondered this same thing. I use the first gen Arccos set on all my clubs, and I have second guessed some of the distances it has given me. But, I don't really have anything to compare it against.

I played 27 today. Hit a bunch of balls with my 7 iron and a training aid I'm using (The HANGER) after my first 18. Started to sprinkle so I said screw it and went to the first tee.

First swing was soooo far off the toe and the result was a nice 5 yard draw that still got out there, 280 carry. Considering I hit some good shots that go 280, I feel like this is a testament to the F7+.

Anyone else having those big disparities between actual yardage on course and what Cobra CONNECT says? attachicon.gifIMG_3093.PNGattachicon.gifIMG_3082.JPG

I have wondered this same thing. I use the first gen Arccos set on all my clubs, and I have second guessed some of the distances it has given me. But, I don't really have anything to compare it against.

Think because it is a GPS based system. The better your phone gps is and the better your signal is will result in good or bad numbers.

BigTazz

Chicks dig the LONG ball!

Follow me and #TeamLexi

#J_Wurz

#EthanSterlingPrice

#strokerAce

during the #CobraConnectChallenge

Twitter:  @bigtazzGOLF

Instagram: bigtazzgolf

Facebook: steve.rayburn

#PowerToThePlayer  #CobraConnectMGS

Grip n Rip it

Chicks dig the LONG ball

:cobra-small: King F7+ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro White 60 - Graphite Tour X-Stiff

It's funny you should say that.... I don't check my phone very much during the round other than to make sure that the app is still running, but when I look back and review the round some of the yardages is has recorded for me seem really low - especially when I know I hit it better than what it shows.  207?  C'mon... I hit my hybrid that far.  

I'll need to pay closer attention to this as I go along and compare it with what my watch says.

Another thing that seems a little off is when your are still on the fairway but very close to the rough the app doesn't show it as a fairway hit.  I realize it's GPS and it isn't super accurate but these things make a difference...

Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X

It's funny you should say that.... I don't check my phone very much during the round other than to make sure that the app is still running, but when I look back and review the round some of the yardages is has recorded for me seem really low - especially when I know I hit it better than what it shows. 207? C'mon... I hit my hybrid that far.

I'll need to pay closer attention to this as I go along and compare it with what my watch says.

Another thing that seems a little off is when your are still on the fairway but very close to the rough the app doesn't show it as a fairway hit. I realize it's GPS and it isn't super accurate but these things make a difference...

You can edit that! Click EDIT. Then click the ⬅️⬆️➡️ signs to adjust! It for sure goes both ways on that. But it's an easy fix.

@BryanGolf

Cobra F7+ w/Project X HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5

Cobra F7 3 Wood w/Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro White 80TX
TaylorMade M2 5 Wood w/Graphite Design DI 8X
TaylorMade UDI 3 Iron w/Project X HZRDUS Black 105g 6.5
TaylorMade P770 4 Iron, P750 5-PW w/True Temper DGTI X100
TaylorMade Milled Grind SB 54w/DGTI S400
​Titleist Vokey SM6 60* M Grind w/DGTI S400
TaylorMade Spider Tour Blue

You can edit that! Click EDIT. Then click the ⬅️⬆️➡️ signs to adjust! It for sure goes both ways on that. But it's an easy fix.

Thanks!  I'll have to check that out.  I think I'll write my drive distance/FIR on the scorecard and compare it after the round to see how accurate the app is.

Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X

Thanks! I'll have to check that out. I think I'll write my drive distance/FIR on the scorecard and compare it after the round to see how accurate the app is.

That would be a great back check on the accuracy of the tech. I know the review for these has already been done but the more data points the better.

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

You definitely have to hit edit on occasion. And check the phone to make sure it's on the right hole and says "ready for drive". Also I've had the app hear a hit of someone playing with me and it set the drive distance at his ball. I hit edit and set it at mine. You can't enlarge the screen for extra placement accuracy but you can move the drive icon to the blue circle ( where you're standing) and get it pretty damn close.

App not perfect with the vagaries of gps signal strength but it's pretty good.

I have a Garmin S60 that i compare the yardage too and they seem to be using the same GPS as 9/10 times it's on point. I will say though that the iPhone is more accurate than the android. I've only been using the iphone app since the first trial week I had the club. 

I've used edit a few times to get a more accurate spot than what the app is telling me, but only on my home course because I know that course so well and can remember my shots through the round. 

The only issues I've been having is it detecting the 2nd shot consistently and also getting back into "Ready For Drive" mode after a par 3. Other than that I can say it's been more accurate than GameGolf so far. 

Twitter: @bobbyburdette

Instagram: bobbyburdette

I have one of those Sky Caddie "Linx" GPS watches. It pairs with my iPhone. I have noticed that if I just use the app, the yardage is approximately +/-4yds, just the watch and I'm +/-2yds and when they are linked together, I'm always within 1yd. I have benchmarked it with on course markers and laser distance measurement.

One key I have found to improve accuracy in all situations is to wait longer. If you have time to stop and wait for a minute, the GPS will become more accurate. 

Driver:  :ping-small:  G 10.5* W/Tour Stiff 65g Ping Shaft   

Fairway Woods:  :cobra-small:  Cobra F6 13.5*, F6 Baffler 16*  

Irons: Split Set-  :ping-small: i200 3i - 7i ,  :benhogan-small: Ft Worth 15s, 8 (36), 9 (40), PW (44) 

Wedges: :benhogan-small:  TK, 52* & 56*

Putter:  :ping-small: Sigma G Kushin 

Bag:  :ping-small: Hoofer 5way

Balls:  :taylormade-small: TP5/X

Not the best week for playing. Weather just wasn't in my favor.

Did get some garage time and able to keep getting swings into the net.

Supposed to play this weekend but I'm thinking I'll need my flippers instead of footjoys. Good luck to those this week.

#TexasStrong

#HoustonStrong

bc9469f83b18e8c49f17463b4220ea93.jpg

BigTazz

Follow me and #TeamLexi

#J_Wurz

#EthanSterlingPrice

#strokerAce

Twitter: @bigtazzGOLF

#PowerToThePlayer #CobraConnectMGS

Grip n Rip it

Chicks dig the LONG ball

How's everyone liking their F7/F7+ compare to their previous gamer?

How's everyone liking their F7/F7+ compare to their previous gamer?

Love mine more and more with each swing.

I will say that for me, it isn't a driver you can just take out of the box and start hitting bombs.

You do have to tweak it and that takes time and patience.

Once you do though, it's like " a tuning fork goes off in your loins. Such a pure feeling is the well-struck golf shot."

BigTazz

Follow me and #TeamLexi

#J_Wurz

#EthanSterlingPrice

#strokerAce

Twitter:  @bigtazzGOLF

#PowerToThePlayer  #CobraConnectMGS

Grip n Rip it

Chicks dig the LONG ball

Love mine more and more with each swing.

I will say that for me, it isn't a driver you can just take out of the box and start hitting bombs.

You do have to tweak it and that takes time and patience.

Once you do though, it's like " a tuning fork goes off in your loins. Such a pure feeling is the well-struck golf shot."

BigTazz

Follow me and #TeamLexi

#J_Wurz

#EthanSterlingPrice

#strokerAce

Twitter: @bigtazzGOLF

#PowerToThePlayer #CobraConnectMGS

Haha I have the F7+ and I have yet to find the proper tweaking for my game. So yeah, I agree with you on that.

What tweaking have you done with yours?

Archived