Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

2018 X Forged irons

Puttingmatt

Where are your photos ???

Let's see.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Personally I have not tried them. Now I have seen them and at address they look like the 2013 X forged in my signature. Now some guys I trust over on WRX have tried them and compared them to the 2013 X and the 2009 X. They say they hit every bit as good. One told me personally that since I have my 2013 X forged he would not trade up for a set of the 2018 if he was me. Everything I have read seems positive

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

Hi Stu, I have enjoyed your posts on wrx about blades. I have the X Forged 13's for southern golf, and just recently purchased the X Forged 18's for home. But will not be able to play these until I get to warmer weather after the holidays, They feel great on the range, seem to flight easily. But still waiting to put them into play.

I'm sure they perform just fine, but I find them terribly unattractive and verging on cheap looking.

I have never really liked the look of any X forged offering to be honest, strictly from a back of the club perspective.

Bag: Bennington Quiet Organizer 9-Lite (link)

Cart: :Clicgear: 3.5+

Driver:  :cobra-small:  F9 speedback, Accra iWood

Woods:  Sonartec GS Tour 14*, Fujikura Six S
DI:  :titelist-small:  T-MB 2 iron, KBS Tour-V 120 X,
Irons: :Miura: PP-9003SN 4-GW, Nippon 1150GH Stiff
Wedges: :Miura: 1957 K-grind SW, LW, Nippon 1150GH Stiff
Putter: :odyssey-small: EXO Indianapolis (link)
Ball: :Snell: MTB

I've hit them during my lessons. For me they're on the top of my list to try during my next fitting.

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

Interested to hear about these irons.  They look really good to me.  

Driver - Ping G410 Plus 10.5 - Ping Tour 65 Stiff

4 Wood - Callaway Rogue - Project X Evenflow blue 6.0

Hybrids - Titleist 818 H2 -  3(c-1) and 4(c-4) - Tensei CK Blue 70 stiff

Irons - Callaway Apex  CF 16 5-AW - True Temper XP 95 Steel Stiff

Wedges - Ping Glide 54 SS, 58 TS

Putter - Edel e1 Torque balanced

Indianapolis

5.5 Index

Hi Stu, I have enjoyed your posts on wrx about blades. I have the X Forged 13's for southern golf, and just recently purchased the X Forged 18's for home. But will not be able to play these until I get to warmer weather after the holidays, They feel great on the range, seem to flight easily. But still waiting to put them into play.

Trust me those 2013 X forged are the closest thing to blades I have ever hit in the CB line. This may seem funny to some blasphemous to others but the feel is like a set of MP 33 blades to me. 

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

I'm sure they perform just fine, but I find them terribly unattractive and verging on cheap looking.

I have never really liked the look of any X forged offering to be honest, strictly from a back of the club perspective.

I tended to agree at first but I have played mine a lot during the last year. I will be the first to tell you I do not use iron covers and play the ball down quite a bit. Mine are starting to loose the luster shiny look and getting bag chatter. So they are starting to look used

G

Archived