Testers Wanted: RUNNER Golf and Byrdie Golf Design ×

Hogan Launches Demo Program

From today's InBox -- very similar the Bridgestone's program.  Seems like a smart move as Hogan continues to inch forward...

Ben Hogan Golf Equipment Company Launches Club Demo Program 

FORT WORTH, Texas, January 3, 2018 -- Ben Hogan Golf Equipment Company, LLC, manufacturer of premium golf clubs and golf bags, announced today it has launched a Demo Program to allow golfers to try its premium line of golf clubs before they purchase.

"We understand that many players want to touch, feel, hold and, most importantly, hit new golf clubs before buying them," said Scott White, President and CEO, Ben Hogan Golf. "We are completely confident that when golfers compare Ben Hogan irons or hybrids to their current clubs, or other clubs they may be considering for purchase, they will prefer premium Ben Hogan products."

In recent months, the Company reorganized and implemented an innovative 'factory-direct' distribution and pricing strategy. The Company remains committed to producing the best-performing and best-feeling golf equipment in the world, and now sells Ben Hogan Golf Equipment direct-to-consumers exclusively online at www.benhogangolf.com. This distribution model allows the Company to offer serious, avid golfers the high-quality Ben Hogan products they have come to expect from the Company at factory-direct prices with no retail mark-up.

The Demo Program is simple and easy and provides golfers with the opportunity to try Ben Hogan products at no risk or obligation. The golfer can choose the model(s) and shaft they would like to try from the drop-down menus shown on the website. At this time, demo availability is limited to products with 'stock' lengths, lies and grip specifications.

The customer's credit card will be charged only $20.00 for round trip shipping, and a deposit will be held on the card until the clubs are returned. A pre-paid UPS Ground return label will be included in the box. The golfer has fourteen days from the date of order to try the clubs, then return them to the Ben Hogan Golf Equipment Company. Demo club availability will change on a daily basis.

According to White. "We know that serious, accomplished golfers understand technology and appreciate the performance of our award-winning clubs, and we are pleased to give them the ability to easily demo our clubs to determine which model works best for them. Unlike other scenarios where clubs are hit into nets or at a manufacturer-specific Demo Day, we want to give the golfer the ability to test our products at his/her leisure, at their own course or range. We want to make this process easy and minimize any stress like high-pressure salespeople and Tech Reps."

About Ben Hogan Golf Equipment Company

Ben Hogan Golf Equipment Company manufactures premium golf clubs and golf bags, and is committed to continue Ben Hogan's reputation of innovation, performance and classical designs. The company is based in Fort Worth, Texas, Ben Hogan's longtime home and the site of the original Company which opened in 1953. The Company offers their premium products online at www.benhogangolf.com exclusively. By eliminating the retail "middleman", the Company's cost structure is minimized and consumers are able to purchase high-quality golf equipment at factory-direct prices. To learn more about Ben Hogan Golf, please

visit www.benhogangolf.com.

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

This should go a long way with bringing in new customers. I like where they're going with this.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

This is great, it's really a low risk move for them I think.  I'd like to see more companies do it.  And while I realize 80% or more of the general golf population are perfectly fit into stock length and lie, selfishly i'd like to see the option for  a  longer more upright option.   I honestly don't know if I had irons that were too short for me and not enough upright, if I could judge them well enough to make a good decision. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

I like this....might give it a try.  20 bucks for 14 days seems very reasonable.

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, TM Sim2 19*, Cobra F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Cleveland HB Soft #1 w/UST
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

It's a great idea but it causes me to reflect on the Cobra thread. Why doesn't Cobra do better or Wilson for that matter or others like them?

Marketing including shelf position in stores and tour presence.

Hogan has a bit of an advantage because of the name but it remains to be seen if the change in pricing plus this new demo program are enough. How they get the word out will be the key.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

FYI, the Bridgestone testdrive program was discontinued a year ago with no indication that it would return.

True, but I think that was in conjunction with a several other major changes in Bridgestone's approach to marketing of it's clubs. 

They had this available two seasons ago .. maybe out had gotten dropped in the re-org?

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

is it a full set or just say 5,7 and Wedge or something limited.  I ask because, I would think form the retailer's perspective, I put my full product in your hands for you to use for 14 days or whatever time limit, the likelihood of you wanting to give them up--unless you absolutely hate them-- is pretty low.   And Since Hogan sells directly to the consumer, it could be looked at rent to buy or much like the days when a car dealer let you take a car home overnight for a test drive.  They knew that once your neighbors saw the car in your driveway, there would be an awfully lot of pressure on you to keep it as you want to impress the neighbors.  

I could be off in that thought, but just wondering. 

This is awesome!  about two years ago  I was interested (when the Ft Worth's came out) to try them- I ended up linking up with a regional Hogan rep, who met me at my course and we hit the range with several of the sticks.  Price was an issue back then (full set was around $1200 or more)- way out of my price range.  I ended up finding a set on EBay for about 800, and loved them, but were too unforgiving for my wayward swing ( too much work and not enough time to practice).  Sold them to a low 'cap friend of mine, but kept the TK wedges...

I like this process, and for those who will benefit from this, go for it- they are beautiful, great feeling clubs that harken back to the days when all the good sticks were forged blades...

What's in the bag?

Driver :callaway-small: Callaway Mavrik 105 set to 9.5, square, Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI 60G Stiff shaft
#3 Wood  :callaway-small: Callaway FT Tour 13 degree neutral setup, Fuijkara 370 Stiff Shaft
Hybrid  :cobra-small:  18 Degree King Cobra Baffler pro, Baffler Stiff shaft
4-PW :titelist-small: Titlest 714 AP2, Standard loft and lie, MGS S Shafts
:benhogan-small: 53, 57 degree loft Hogan Equalizer wedges
1962  :wilson_staff_small: Wilson "Sandy Andy" sand wedge with HUGE bounce!
Putter MLA Pro Classic
:titelist-small: Titlist ProV 1, ProV 1x

Currently Gaming "Costco Kirkland Signature Tour Performance" balls

They had this available two seasons ago .. maybe out had gotten dropped in the re-org?

Yes, they had the testing program, but (at least in our area)  it was managed by regional reps, who had the test clubs and would meet you at a facility of your choosing- now it is really direct to customer- cut out the middle man.

What's in the bag?

Driver :callaway-small: Callaway Mavrik 105 set to 9.5, square, Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI 60G Stiff shaft
#3 Wood  :callaway-small: Callaway FT Tour 13 degree neutral setup, Fuijkara 370 Stiff Shaft
Hybrid  :cobra-small:  18 Degree King Cobra Baffler pro, Baffler Stiff shaft
4-PW :titelist-small: Titlest 714 AP2, Standard loft and lie, MGS S Shafts
:benhogan-small: 53, 57 degree loft Hogan Equalizer wedges
1962  :wilson_staff_small: Wilson "Sandy Andy" sand wedge with HUGE bounce!
Putter MLA Pro Classic
:titelist-small: Titlist ProV 1, ProV 1x

Currently Gaming "Costco Kirkland Signature Tour Performance" balls

This is a fantastic idea on their part! I have been looking for a utility iron and now I can try one with a v sole like my Srixon's with almost nothing to lose. This is the only way I would ever try these intriguing clubs because I have to lay my hands on a club to make a decision.

:ping-small:                      400 Driver (8*)                      UST ATTAS Punch 6S

:cobra-small:               F6 Baffler (16*)                      Matrix Red Tie 65Q4

:titelist-small:                        816 H1 Hybrid (21*,23*)        Diamana S+ Blue 82 HY

:srixon-small:                        Z765 (5-PW) +2*                    Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw

:titelist-small:                        Vokey SM5 50.08F 54.10M   Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw

:callaway-small:                         PM Grind 60*                         Dynamic Gold S400

:ping-small:                      TR 1966 Anser 2

:srixon-small: Z Star ball        

:ping-small:  Pioneer Cart Bag

I like this....might give it a try. 20 bucks for 14 days seems very reasonable.

One caveat from Hogan's site: It's 14 days from the day your ORDER your demo, AND the club has to be back on its way to Hogan by the 14th day. So, maybe you get 10 days. Still a great deal/opportunity.

"Where'd it go?"  "Right in the Lumberyard..."

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2  0811 XF 10.5*  Graphite Design Tour AD DI-6x

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2 0211 15* 3W Mitsubishi Tensei Raw Blue 65-S
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 15*   Fairway UST ProForce V2 7F5 76g X-Flex

(These two are gonna fight it out in early "24 to see who stays in the bag...)

:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 19* & 22* Hybrid UST ProForce V2 90g X-Flex
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR HF-2 irons (5i - PW)  KBS Tour 130x

:cleveland-small: CBX Wedges (50, 54, 58)  TT Dynamic Gold 115 Wedge Shaft
MATI  Mamo Putter 33"  Super Stroke Football League 3.0 Slim
MX21TOURYLW_NOCOLOR_FRT.jpg.79e37b9c329b3d3a644cb61d2746a057.jpg

:ping-small: Hoofer Camo Stand Bag

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro Nexus Rangefinder

:PuttOut:FAN!

1711524086_TheGrintlogo_text_1.png.c1eb3f656b10191d1fc9a14a0fd77f95.png PRO Member

One caveat from Hogan's site: It's 14 days from the day your ORDER your demo, AND the club has to be back on its way to Hogan by the 14th day. So, maybe you get 10 days. Still a great deal/opportunity.

Good catch! Wonder what the penalty is for being late....

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, TM Sim2 19*, Cobra F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Cleveland HB Soft #1 w/UST
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

Test 6 and 9 irons, but 22° utilities... How would I determine what I want at the top end?

WITB: 

Adams 9064LS 9.5* (until I cracked the face)

Adams Super LS 17*

Adams XTD Ti 23*

Wilson Staff Ci7 4-PW

Adams wedges: 52/7 56/13 60/7

Wilson Staff Infinite Southside putter/Odyssey DualForce 660 putter

I have been playing the FT Worth irons for a couple weeks and they are great. I wish they made the FT Utility in an 18*. This is a very good plan and I can see it benefitting them immensely.  

Ping G410 LST 10.5 set -1* Flat Accra TZ5 65 M5

Callaway Epic Flash 15* set -1 Aldila ATX Blue 75TX

Ben Hogan FT Worth Hi 19* KBS Tour V X

Ben Hogan PTX Pro 4-P KBS Tour V X 2* Flat 4* loft increments

Hogan Equalizer 50* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 X 2* Flat

Hogan Equalizer 56* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 2* Flat

Hogan Equalizer 62* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 2* Flat

EVNROLL ER7 P2 Aware Tour
Scotty Cameron Newport2 Buttonback P2 Aware Tour Grip
Snell MTB-X

Their irons look gorgeous but just ordering something without trying it is never the right way to go. Once the weather gets better here I will have to take them up on this!

In my bag:

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: Rogue ST Triple Diamond LS 10.5* (set to 9.5) UST Lin-Q Gunmetal 6f5

Wood: :titleist-small: Tsi2 15* Project X RDX Black 70 6.5

Hybrids: :cobra-small: King Utility 19.5* Diamana Tensei White Pro 90TX

Irons: :cobra-small: Cobra King Tour MIM 4-PW Dynamic Gold 120 X100

Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 50*, 54*, 58* Tour Issue S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Nashville Z1C 34"

Ball: :titleist-small:  Pro V1x

• 2 weeks later...

Good catch! Wonder what the penalty is for being late....

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Probably... You bought 'em.

CG2 - have not looked at their (new) site but the old demo program was a fixed set of either 3 irons or 2 wedges .. no choice in lofts, no customizations .. only graphite or steel. Again, that was the old Hogan/old demo program.

Idea is you test the demo clubs .. it's either love 'em or hate 'em .. then, if it's love 'em, make "your" custom order.

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Hogan Golf might be on to something with this try before you buy gig. I hope it pays dividends for them .

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Archived