Undershooter

Skechers Golf Shoes Poor Quality?

I also have Skechers, but the Go Golf Drive 2 and I love them. I'm actually looking at getting a pair of Go Golf Drive 3 and Go Elite 3.

Hmmm, I must be the lucky one.

Seems I paid about $160a few years ago

Play 2-3 times a week, never had a problem other than needing to install new spikes a few times

Best golf shoes I ever had...

Wow, I own 2 pair and just love em. I walk 95% if the time. No squeaking , no leaking just like walking on a cloud

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

I have no clue. This is just my experience and what the pro told me. Maybe I got a lemon pair or something??? I'll say that they are very comfortable. Just don't hold up very well. Or at least this pair didn't.

I forgot to post pics last night but will today. Hopefully Skechers will send me some good news. I'm still waiting to hear back from them. 

• Like 1

I have no clue. This is just my experience and what the pro told me. Maybe I got a lemon pair or something??? I'll say that they are very comfortable. Just don't hold up very well. Or at least this pair didn't.

I forgot to post pics last night but will today. Hopefully Skechers will send me some good news. I'm still waiting to hear back from them. 

The SKECHERS warranty email you posted piqued my curiosity so I decided to do a little more digging on the quality assurance programs in place for US consumers. Search for "Skechers USA quality assurance" and it takes you to the company's indexed "Featured Support Category" landing page.

https://www.skechers.com/en-us/help-center

SKECHERS.com/returns is one of the first links you'll see - in essence it conveys that the company only accepts unworn products purchased within 45 days and they must have been purchased from the company website. So a US consumer with a defective shoe searches for "quality assurance" and is directed to the message (tough tiddlywinks unless you meet the ridiculous criteria above).

However, within the Help Center there is (and this is a telling distinction) an _unindexed_ quality assurance click through. From the Help Center landing page, select the "Product Information" link and then the "Quality Assurance" link. It takes you to a company posting dated JULY 31, 2018 (again telling that this US quality assurance program is less than a month old) that lists an address to send products (post 2015 date of manufacture) if you feel they are defective.

SKECHERS Consumer Returns

29800 Eucalyptus Ave

Rancho Belago, CA 92555

Absolutely no warranty timelines are implied and what may or may not be deemed a defect is at the discretion of the manufacturer. For as long as they've been doing business, they offered a 2 year warranty to consumers in other countries. Something makes me think the introduction of their golf shoe product line and subsequent waterproof claims set this whole US quality assurance train in motion. So I look at this two ways, 1: savvy golf consumers are starting to make some quality control noise 2: before July 31, 2018, the company was perfectly fine telling consumers with defective product to either take a hike or take it up with the retailer where they purchased.

OMG - over the past 10 min while I was composing this post, "July 31, 2018" has been removed from the Quality Assurance link (along with all the other posting dates of help center "Product Inoformation" topics). Really wishing I would have taken a screenshot while it was still there. MyGolfSpy moving the needle?

EDIT - they just put the product information post dates back up on the site... this is getting weird

• Like 1

I have about a dozen walking rounds in the original Go Golf Focus (collegiate version). They are lightweight, comfortable, super stable and have very little heel drop. I have a feeling the fabric inside the heel cup may start tearing soon but otherwise they are holding up well.

Re: waterproof warranty. I checked into it after my purchase and learned Skechers offers zero product warranties in the USA (Europe holds the manufacturer to a higher standard). I heard some rumors about Skechers introducing a 2 year waterproof warranty starting this year or next but their website still says only “unworn” products can be returned within 45 days. I was pretty disappointed to find out they didn't offer any quality assurance programs on a $150 shoe.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

My Skechers I bought about a month ago came with a 2 year warranty.  Looks like it applies to most all models.

Wow... If that's the case with these, then it'll be the first and last pair of skechers I ever buy. I've emailed them and am waiting to hear back. 

I'm hoping they cover it though bc I noticed the bottom question on my shoes' page was about the shoes leaking due to a tear and Skechers said they'd cover it. That's actually where I got the email address from. That question came from a guy in Cincy Ohio so maybe there's hope. I'll be sure to let you know what I find.

According to my warranty card, your shoes are covered.  Skechers should honor that.  If you want a copy of the card, I can send it.

• Like 1

My Skechers I bought about a month ago came with a 2 year warranty.  Looks like it applies to most all models.

According to my warranty card, your shoes are covered.  Skechers should honor that.  If you want a copy of the card, I can send it.

I checked the date of manufacture on mine and they meet the 2016 or later criteria. But they certainly did not include any sort of warranty registration information with my purchase. To the contrary, trying to locate any solid information the company has publicly disseminated re: product warranties has been a fruitless endeavor.

For posterity, it would probably be helpful to a whole bunch of people if you posted a copy of the blank warranty card within this thread.

I've had the same experience with Skechers.

What makes them particularly expensive is that you pay a double premium for the excellent comfort--substantial (albeit not radical) initial expense AND poor durability.

There's at least one disadvantage to all shoes.

Uggs slippers are both very comfortable and rather durable.

BUT, they're expensive and the soles are unexpectedly slippery.

As for golf, though, if I were still playing, I'd still miss "nails."

I asked the pro I bought them from and he said that personally he hasn't problems with them, but said that he has heard other members expressing issues with them. This worries me. These are $150 shoes and I guess I'm a cheap ass but that seems like a decent amount for a shoe that barely makes it 6 months. 

Have any of yall seen quality control issues with your pairs of Skechers? Or did I just get a lemon of a shoe? lol 

You sure as heck aren't being cheap, and less than 6 months on a shoe of that cost and they are falling apart would piss me off something fierce too.

I've got a pair of Skechers Go Golf Blade shoes that I got on clearance at Rock Bottom Golf.  I wear these fairly often and almost immediately I noticed that on the right shoe on the left side of the toe, where I shift my foot when swinging, there is now a small pocket where grass and dirt collect with every round.  Not a major deal breaker, but having grass and dirt stuck in your shoe every time you swing a club is sort of troublesome.  Also, and since I play early mornings, I tend to track a ton of grass and mud on my shoes, where I need to pound the crap out of them in the parking lot after a round to get some of it off.  I guess I pounded the souls of the shoes together too hard awhile ago, because one of the spikes flew off, and it's not like I can replace it, because the entire cavity of the spike area is gone and broken off.  That part I honestly can't even notice with it gone, so I just sort of shrug my shoulders at it.

Beyond those issues, I also noticed that Skechers golf shoes are at least a 1/2 size smaller than other brands.  I normally wear a size 9 1/2, but was trying on some other skechers golf shoes in the store the other day, and found myself going up to size 10, and even size 10 1/2 to find a comfortable fit.

I'm sort of on the fence regarding my next pair, and I was leaning towards dropping some more money on another pair of skechers with a better fit and quality, but now after reading this thread I will put all of that on pause until we get some results here.  My problem is that skechers are extremely comfortable, not only in golf shoes, but just in general, as I have like 4 regular pair of skechers shoes in the house, and I am definitely no fan of Footjoy, as the last pair of those I dropped $120 on (on sale no less) only to have the heel of that shoe rip the hell out of my socks.  It literally rips off little fragments of my socks as they stick to the heel insert of my footjoy shoes.

I may just have to suck it up and go with Ecco the next time around.  I bought one pair of the Freddie Couples style Ecco shoes about 4 years ago, and they are still going, even though I have put them through hell.  I just find that Ecco is really expensive, but perhaps if my first pair of Ecco I bought on clearance is any indication, you get what you pay for, and if I can find a style of Ecco that I really like, I may invest in them, and then I'll have a solid pair of comfortable golf shoes for many years, versus this utter nonsense of poor quality shoes that are hit and miss as to how long they will last.

• Like 1

$150 ain't cheap. Hell, I only buy closeouts and shoes on sale under $100 and they all last 2-3 seasons. Waterproof and the whole shebang.

Just like you, I play 2-3 times per week, and only walk.

So definitely falling apart after a few months is not excusable.

But all my shoes are Adidas.

• Like 2

Heh...are you sure the squeak is coming from the shoes and not just the "old guy" walking farts??? :P

That's my secret  ;)

• Like 1

I checked the date of manufacture on mine and they meet the 2016 or later criteria. But they certainly did not include any sort of warranty registration information with my purchase. To the contrary, trying to locate any solid information the company has publicly disseminated re: product warranties has been a fruitless endeavor.

For posterity, it would probably be helpful to a whole bunch of people if you posted a copy of the blank warranty card within this thread.

Sorry.  I haven't been on lately.  The warranty card is in my office.  I'll stop by there later today, snap and pic, and post.

• Like 2

I've been meaning to post this for over a month now.

I got my first pair of Skechers golf shoes at the beginning of this year. I've never particularly liked Skechers golf shoes looks but thought I'd give em a shot because they were supposed to be extremely comfortable (which they are).

I never thought I'd have to worry about the quality of the shoe though! Within a month the plastic was cracking on them. Now, nearly 8 months later they are about to fall apart. Is this normal???

I play a decent amount of golf but not that much. I probably average around 2 round a week riding (not walking). And I haven't even worn these shoes every time I've played. My last couple pair of Nikes lasted years and are still wearable. They definitely didn't start falling apart on me.

I asked the pro I bought them from and he said that personally he hasn't problems with them, but said that he has heard other members expressing issues with them. This worries me. These are $150 shoes and I guess I'm a cheap ass but that seems like a decent amount for a shoe that barely makes it 6 months.

Have any of yall seen quality control issues with your pairs of Skechers? Or did I just get a lemon of a shoe? lol

you ain't cheap my friend that's a good chunk of money. I've never been a big fan of Sketchers shoes in general but I know a few fellas who really enjoy them. Hope you get it worked out!

In the bag

Driver: Callaway Rogue Subzero 9.5 Stiff flex

3 wood: Callaway Rogue Subzero 15 degree

Hybrids: 17 degree titleist 816 h2

Irons: Ben Hogan Ptx 22-46 degree (4-pw)stiff flex standard lie

Wedges: Callaway Mac Daddy 4 50,54,58 degrees

Putter: Odyssey EXO seven

Gig'em Aggies!

• Like 1

Here is a copy of the Skechers Limited Waterproof Warranty

SkechersWarranty.jpg

• Like 2

Here is a copy of the Skechers Limited Waterproof Warranty

You're the man, Kenny - much appreciated!

• Like 2

Kenny could you please PM a pic of it! I can't find my box anywhere and so far have not gotten any response from Skechers. I'm starting to get worried on this one. 

Edit: Nevermind... I should have finished reading the whole thread of replies before posting  :lol:

Thanks Kenny!

• Like 1

Interesting... I have both the Canvas water resistant casual shoes, and the leather waterproof shoes

( both spikeless ) No issues, other than the canvas ones did develop a hole in the toe area at about 9 months.

They are without a doubt, for me, the most comfortable shoe out there now ( other than the TRUE's, which after I tore my plantar are no bueno for me.

• Like 1

Just a quick chime-in that I now only wear Skechers golf shoes and haven't had any issues to date. Hopefully OP gets a decent remedy.

Sorry to revive an old thread, I just wanted to let everyone know that I emailed the email on the card multiple times and never heard back over the last few months. 
I ended up calling the number listed today and left them my call back number. They called me back 5 min later and finally got the ball rolling. I have to email them pics of the shoes tonight. We'll see what they say. 

• Like 2