BirdieBoyz2

What is everyones favorite new irons?

I’m pretty happy with my Sub 70 739 irons I recently purchased. They compared well with any of the major OEM game improvement iron. Quality stuff, custom built, excellent service and very affordable. They are new company. They have irons for all skill levels. There is a pretty big thread on them that’s what got me interested. Check out they’re website.

• Like 2

I just got the Cobra F9 One Length irons a couple of months ago and so far I am enjoying them.  Fairly easy for this inconsistent hacker to hit and I have played my two best games ever  with them.

No, I took them off and regripped with mid-size Golf Pride CP2 Pros. I use Shotscope for my shot tracking. The connect grips weren't bad by any means, but the CP2's just feel really good to me.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

Liking the JPX919 Forged.   Although I have yet to play a round with them.   

That'll be corrected later today. 

• Like 1

Ping Blueprint - I have literally alternated between Pin irons of one sort or another - I started with a used set of Ping Eye's (not 2's) - and blades my entire golfing "career." I have played blades longer than anything but it seems like I always go back to some set of Ping's. When these came out I literally told me wife "They've made these for me - now I never have to leave Ping!"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

So many good irons out now. Jeez, to pick one, I’d have to hit some sets! In the one fitting earlier this year I really liked all of the Mizunos in the 919 range. The TaylorMade P760s are nice, Ping i500, Ping iBlade, Sub70 MB+ are a really nice blade with forgiveness built-in. Just a TON of nice ones out there. I’m interested in trying the new Titleist T 100/200/300 at some point as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

Sub 70 has a very easy demo program to use. $20 and they’ll send you 6 and a 9 to use for a couple of weeks.

• Like 1

Opposite sides of the spectrum. Miura is on that ultra premium, tight tolerance Japanese forgings side. Sub70 is more of a budget brand. A full set of Miura irons is in the $2000+ range. Sub70 are all less than a $600.

What about Miura or Sub 70

Sent from my Pixel 2 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I have a feeling the Wilson Staff CB’s that are a future release will be mine.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BirdieBoyz2 said:

What about Miura or Sub 70

3 hours ago, FrogginBullfish said:

Opposite sides of the spectrum. Miura is on that ultra premium, tight tolerance Japanese forgings side. Sub70 is more of a budget brand. A full set of Miura irons is in the $2000+ range. Sub70 are all less than a $600.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Exactly. With that said miura irons are worth every penny. Love my cb 301

The hogan ptx -pro’s are really nice too. Priced right.

sub 70’s aren’t expensive, they just feel like they are

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Shankster said:

I have a feeling the Wilson Staff CB’s that are a future release will be mine.

👀

I would like to try the Tmag CGB Irons.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Just a guess. The V6’s are due for an update. If I were Wilson, I would make them look similar to the driving irons that G. Wood had for The Open.

Similar shape to the Blades would be
  • Like 2

I see some votes for the sub70 irons which I think are nice. For me, the srixon irons are always on the definitely look at list.

• Like 3

There are far too many great looking options available to say without hitting them. I was pretty critical of them at first, but If I were buying I'd seriously have to look at almost everything in the Titleist lineup. I'd also have to look at at least 3 iron models in Ping's lineup, 2 in Mizuno's, and 2 or 3 in Callaway's. Ultimately, I'm sure I'd wind up with some sort of combo set of one of these brands, but I have no idea what that would actually look like.

• Like 1

Of the irons I've had over the past 10 years, which include Titleist AP2's, Callaway Apex Pro Forged and now the Mizuno 18 SC, the mizunos are far and away the best feeling irons I've had.  I've always been a good iron player, but am now around 13 GIR per round and playing some of my best golf.  

I also second the Srixon pick.  They are extremely underrated and keep in mind they tend to have a bit lower spin, but longer distance than some of the others I've tried.  I've never been a fan of Taylormade irons, but I think there game improvement irons are better than there players irons.  

Titeliest is always a solid pick for any club in my opinion. You may not get the fastest or top result, but you are likely to get a top 3/4 club out of it and have nice results.  I just found some 718 AP1's for a buddy that were slightly used and found them for $380 from 4 - AW.

• Like 3