MrShowbiz999

Help Choosing Irons . . .

On ‎12‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 12:55 PM, blackngold_blood said:

I’m not sure your budget but check out @GolfSub70  They have amazing quality clubs at even better prices. The owner Jason goes above and beyond with customer service. 

I don't know where you are at in the process as I'm a bit late in the game.  If you were to call Jason and tell him about your game I willing be bet he could get you fit into a set of his clubs at a great price point (you'd be paying for new what you would pay for used.) 

If you went the used root I'd strongly suggest an older Ping G iron - G30 or plain G.  Use their online fitting and that should get you in the ball park. 

Good luck - let us know where you land.

• Like 3

Good morning All . . . 

Once again, thanks for your input to my decision process. Based on recommendation and cost, and the ability to actually get my hands on said club(s) to hit a bucket, I have opted to purchase the Tommy Armour Atomic MAX irons. I've read your feedback and researched all the ones you folks recommended, and the Atomic MAX faired best FOR ME. Again, I am an older beginner and I wanted a set of clubs that would be fairly forgiving and not break the bank at the moment. This set of irons includes the 4 - 9, PW, and AW, and with a Golf Galaxy discount promo applied to the overall cost, I was able to get a Tommy Armour Over N' Out Wedge for nearly $0.00, basically completing my iron set.

Again, thanks for your input, and I anxiously await Spring in NJ to take these out to the links.

Marty!

• Like 4

On ‎12‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 12:27 PM, MrShowbiz999 said:

I am a 58-year-old beginner golfer. For the holidays, my wife is buying me a new set of irons (!!!) and I am trying to chose between the Cobra Oversize 4-PW/GW set and Bombtech 3.0 iron set (4-PW). Does anyone have any experience with these sets? Are they good for adult beginners? Their price points right now on sale are low and comparable, so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, and happy holidays!

go P790 from TM...….you will love them

10 hours ago, MrShowbiz999 said:

Good morning All . . . 

Once again, thanks for your input to my decision process. Based on recommendation and cost, and the ability to actually get my hands on said club(s) to hit a bucket, I have opted to purchase the Tommy Armour Atomic MAX irons. I've read your feedback and researched all the ones you folks recommended, and the Atomic MAX faired best FOR ME. Again, I am an older beginner and I wanted a set of clubs that would be fairly forgiving and not break the bank at the moment. This set of irons includes the 4 - 9, PW, and AW, and with a Golf Galaxy discount promo applied to the overall cost, I was able to get a Tommy Armour Over N' Out Wedge for nearly $0.00, basically completing my iron set.

Again, thanks for your input, and I anxiously await Spring in NJ to take these out to the links.

Marty!

did u purchase these yet? if not let me know. I have something for you. a free set if you just review them. Tommy Armours.  trying to pay it forward

Edited by Tsecor
  • Like 1
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, MrShowbiz999 said:

Good morning All . . . 

Marty!

Congrats on your purchase!  Sounds like you found something that works best for you and was within your budget.  I love getting new irons - such an exciting time!

Can't wait to hear how you get along with them.  Please keep us up to date and jump in on the forum with any questions/comments/thoughts, etc. you might have.

21 hours ago, Tsecor said:

did u purchase these yet? if not let me know. I have something for you. a free set if you just review them. Tommy Armours.  trying to pay it forward

I'm in . . . please tell me more!

1 hour ago, MrShowbiz999 said:

I'm in . . . please tell me more!

see the testing section for the Tommy Armour Atomic Irons for details. If you want the Irons, ill send them to you if you get with the Admins of the site to set up a review. 

if you just want them to have, we can work something out very cheap. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tsecor said:

see the testing section for the Tommy Armour Atomic Irons for details. If you want the Irons, ill send them to you if you get with the Admins of the site to set up a review. 

if you just want them to have, we can work something out very cheap. 

Sorry, can't find what you are referring to. Can you please provide a link to the Tommy Armour Testing section?