GolfSpy Stroker

2020 Official Member Review: Exputt putting simulator

Our Sponsors

4 hours ago, cksurfdude said:

Have not looked at it yet, but maybe as a "workaround" you could go into Play mode and have Player 1 with one putter and Player 2 with the other..??

Not sure what stats they give you at the end for each player, but presumably there is at least #/% putts made by each?

Yeah, Play Mode does't keep the stats like Practice mode does.  You just putt on that hole and move on. 

4 hours ago, cnosil said:

Haven’t used play mode at all, but I recall reading that each players putts are different to avoid learning the line from a previous player.

Yes Also! What this guy said 🙂

• Like 5

:callaway-logo-1:  MAVRIK Sub Zero 9.0 Adilia MSI 60S

:ping-small:  G410 FW 5, 7 Alta CB R flex 

:ping-small: G410 Hybrid 26 degree Alta CB R Flex

:callaway-logo-1: MAVRIK 5-A Nippon Modus 105 S 

:callaway-logo-1: MD5 Jaws 54.10 and 58.12 

:scotty-small:  Phantom 5.5   35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

1 hour ago, yungkory said:

Dang I was gonna go with @cksurfdude and add 1 putt to what CG2 did, but I missed the boat I guess, and definitely underestimated the amount haha

Maybe @gavinski91 is really sandbagging us all.  Maybe he's not really on vacation with his wife, but locked up in his man cave and going to hit us with a 1,800 output or something! 

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

..slowing down .. but I've set a target...

• Like 5

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
..Tour Edge Exotics EXS 3W/HL (17*) and EXS 7W (Tensei CK Blue)
..Callaway Big Bertha 4H (Recoil ZTR) and/or Callaway XR 4H (Project X SD)
..PXG 0211 6i-GW (Mitsubishi MMT) 
..Cleveland CBX2 54 (Rotex graphite) and Callaway X-Jaws 60 (TT-DG S300)
..Evnroll ER5 (33", 385g)
..all in a Datrek Hybrid bag on a Bag Boy Quad XL push cart.

Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator

..slowing down .. but I've set a target...

The question is whether I or anyone else can reach that 400 yard target with a 100 mph swing.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* with UST Proforce V2
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :srixon-small: 765 6-AW with KBS Tour shafts
Wedge:  :cleveland-small: 588 54-14, 58-12
Putter:  :odyssey-small: Ten S      Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330,   :EVNROLL: ER2.2,  

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Have any of you tested multiple putters yet on the exputt to see how your gamer stacks up to the backups?  From what I read so far, the camera is just analyzing path  / speed but no putter club head data (ie launch / face impact).  

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, bvmagic said:

Have any of you tested multiple putters yet on the exputt to see how your gamer stacks up to the backups?  From what I read so far, the camera is just analyzing path  / speed but no putter club head data (ie launch / face impact).  

I haven't tested them at the same time. Meaning yesterday I used my Scotty Cameron 5.5 for the entire session.  Previously I have used my Spider X.  One thing I may do during this weeks Practice Mode is do a 50 putt session with the SC, end that one save all the stats, then immediately do one with my Spider X and see how the data differs. 

In addition to the ball speed--immediately after impact, and the putter path, it also measures face angle at impact.  Both of those are illustrated in two places in the screen shot I provided.  Right below the practice time and number of putts, then again in the lower right hand corner they are presented as numbers.  

• Like 8

4 hours ago, bvmagic said:

I haven't yet,  but it is part of my plan to run through all of my putters.  Partially to compare how they work and partially because they are different colors and I want to see how well the system handles the colors and inserts.     

the system provided ball speed/distance, path, face angle at impact, and launch direction.  

• Like 5

Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Putter:  :odyssey-small: Ten S      Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330,   :EVNROLL: ER2.2,  

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

12 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Well,  I am sure one of the questions on everyone's mind is does the ExPutt practice translate to the course.   Here are some initial thoughts on my on course putting over my normal weekend round and 9 hole league round.  Right now my summary would be that I am in the middle of taking lessons and some things with my putting just aren't working right but I am trying to get through them.  My typical struggle is longer putts 30'+ and leaving the ball short and over those 27 holes I have had a few putts greater than 30'.   With the Exputt I have been practicing using a green speed of 9 which seems to translate pretty well on the practice green.  Today I was rolling all kinds of long breaking putts within 3 feet of the hole.  Unfortunately I haven't been able to get that to translate to the course.  Over those 27 holes I have had 9 putts of 27' or more and have 3 putted 6 of them.  While that sounds horrible, I am still encouraged because the putts are going past the hole by 5 or more feet and most have been downhill.   The reason that I feel like I am in the middle of lessons is because I am training new distance feels which has impacted tempo and stroke.  Right now I am optimistic that the distance putting will get better.    Another think that I want to do is go measure the practice greens on a few local courses to see what speed they are rolling.   

Obviously,  we are just at the beginning of this experiment so come back for more updates.  

Great recap. Can’t wait to see if there are some results down the road

• Like 5

Check out my reviews

:ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

:taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:titelist-small: TS2 9.5 - Project X HZRDUS Smoke

:taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:adams-small: 2H VST - Super Idea S Matrix Kujoh S-Flex

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ 

:titelist-small: 52, 56, 60 SM7 - Nippon Modus 125

:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W

:titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

I did an analysis as well on Sunday when I had the EXPUTT set-up in our front “living room”. Taking a look at my graphs, I have quite a bit of fluctuation in some. With this mode running in practice, it can be saved, and then stats change with each subsequent round. Really cool! By-the-way, I sent my stats to the guys at SeeMore to see if the think any tweaks to my putter could improve the numbers. We’ll see!

9217C90F-010F-4181-81BC-6F4A8F0C39C5.jpeg

181A02E3-3704-4784-8A6F-6F5043C4725A.jpeg

D859F776-1C52-4F59-BA55-16787573D7C2.jpeg

AFADA31C-B9FA-4539-86FE-8AEBDC3FF953.jpeg

15C39B24-A248-4C65-9318-B352917A9059.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Love 1

Driver: :honma: TR20 460, :Fuji: Ventus Black 70X

Fwy: :titelist-small: TS3, 15*, Veylix Rome 888 X

Hybrid: :callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro, 20*, :Fuji: Rombax 8D07HB TM27 X

Irons: :honma:TR20 Tour P 4/5, Tour V 6-10, Dynamic Gold X100

Wedges: Vega VW-06 50*/54*/58*, Dynamic Gold S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Platinum M5 HT Mallet, 36"

5 hours ago, bvmagic said:

I haven’t because the ONLY other putter I have is my Dad’s old Anser from the 70s, which is significantly lighter than my SeeMore. I tried the Anser on-course earlier this year, and it’s just not playable on the greens I play. I’ll give it a go on the EXPUTT, but I only think it will do well on the shorter putts.

• Like 4

Driver: :honma: TR20 460, :Fuji: Ventus Black 70X

Fwy: :titelist-small: TS3, 15*, Veylix Rome 888 X

Hybrid: :callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro, 20*, :Fuji: Rombax 8D07HB TM27 X

Irons: :honma:TR20 Tour P 4/5, Tour V 6-10, Dynamic Gold X100

Wedges: Vega VW-06 50*/54*/58*, Dynamic Gold S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Platinum M5 HT Mallet, 36"

42 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Well,  I am sure one of the questions on everyone's mind is does the ExPutt practice translate to the course.   Here are some initial thoughts on my on course putting over my normal weekend round and 9 hole league round.  Right now my summary would be that I am in the middle of taking lessons and some things with my putting just aren't working right but I am trying to get through them.  My typical struggle is longer putts 30'+ and leaving the ball short and over those 27 holes I have had a few putts greater than 30'.   With the Exputt I have been practicing using a green speed of 9 which seems to translate pretty well on the practice green.  Today I was rolling all kinds of long breaking putts within 3 feet of the hole.  Unfortunately I haven't been able to get that to translate to the course.  Over those 27 holes I have had 9 putts of 27' or more and have 3 putted 6 of them.  While that sounds horrible, I am still encouraged because the putts are going past the hole by 5 or more feet and most have been downhill.   The reason that I feel like I am in the middle of lessons is because I am training new distance feels which has impacted tempo and stroke.  Right now I am optimistic that the distance putting will get better.    Another think that I want to do is go measure the practice greens on a few local courses to see what speed they are rolling.   

Obviously,  we are just at the beginning of this experiment so come back for more updates.  

This is promising. I had wondered how that would work since, obviously, there's only a few feet of mat to use. This thing is looking like it might be something I have to try. Maybe I'll Homer Simpson someone and "gift" it to them in the hopes that they'll let me use it hehe.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Driver: :taylormade-small: SIM Max 10.5 Fujikura Ventus Blue 6S

3w/5w: :callaway-small: XR16 Fujikura Speeder Evo 565 S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX 4 50.10 | 54.10 | 60.09 Nippon Modus 115 Wedge

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER5 BGT Stability Tour

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B XS

Just now, yungkory said:

This is promising. I had wondered how that would work since, obviously, there's only a few feet of mat to use. This thing is looking like it might be something I have to try. Maybe I'll Homer Simpson someone and "gift" it to them in the hopes that they'll let me use it hehe.

The mat never really concerned me since most of my at home practice is withing that distance anyway (yardstick, and gates for startline).   The whole concept just makes sense;  the camera measures that roll on the mat and calculates speed, direction, watches the putter and captures path.  It really is just a big math problem;  I'll post some more about that later.  

• Like 7

It looks really cool! So don’t my have to calibrate the camera to a line on the mat or something? I mean if the camera is angled incorrectly, wouldn’t it throw the readings off?

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 3

Instagram:  @_chasing_scratch

YouTube: Chasing Scratch

Facebook:  Chasing Scratch

:SuperSpeed: Training

Pre training max driver speed: 124mph

Current: 130mph

WITB:

Driver: :ping-small: G400 LST 8.5* with HZRDUS SMOKE 6.5 70g 

Woods: :taylormade-small: 2007 Burner TP 3 wood and 5 wood

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z765 4-PW (1 degree flat) with KBS $-130 shafts

Wedges:  Vokey SM7 50/12/F, 54/10/S and 58/12/D

Putter:  :ping-small: Sigma 2 Tyne 4, 32.5", 1* loft

Ball:  :srixon-small: Z-Star XV

13 minutes ago, ChasingScratch said:

It looks really cool! So don’t my have to calibrate the camera to a line on the mat or something? I mean if the camera is angled incorrectly, wouldn’t it throw the readings off?

During setup of the mat and camera the user manual give you dimensions for min/max height of camera plus horizontal distance of mat based on the cam's height; note these ranges have some latitude.

Then when you turn on the camera you can pan and tilt until the mat looks "square" to you .. then when everything looks good the system will search for the mat and give you on-screen directions if you need to adjust anything. 

Each time you turn on the system/camera it will perform the search to make sure it can properly see the whole mat.

I have it all in a fixed location in the basement, so the physical setup is constant and each time I turn on the cam it finds the mat.

In another step of testing I plan to compare the ExPutt numbers to ones generated by Blast Motion Golf.

• Like 7
  • Love 1

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
..Tour Edge Exotics EXS 3W/HL (17*) and EXS 7W (Tensei CK Blue)
..Callaway Big Bertha 4H (Recoil ZTR) and/or Callaway XR 4H (Project X SD)
..PXG 0211 6i-GW (Mitsubishi MMT) 
..Cleveland CBX2 54 (Rotex graphite) and Callaway X-Jaws 60 (TT-DG S300)
..Evnroll ER5 (33", 385g)
..all in a Datrek Hybrid bag on a Bag Boy Quad XL push cart.

Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Adding to the above comment above. Even if you don’t leave it setup all the time; I don’t, you can be up and running in minutes.
  • Like 6

5 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Adding to the above comment above. Even if you don’t leave it setup all the time; I don’t, you can be up and running in minutes.

I think you mean you can be up and running in minutes.  I know mine is and I take it down each time as it's in a high traffic area. 

• Like 4