Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

2020 Official Member Review: Exputt putting simulator

6 hours ago, cnosil said:

I like new toys!

To bad I have to go back to work and can’t really get it setup for a few more hours

IMG_0543.jpgIMG_0544.jpgIMG_0545.jpg

That's a great looking setup and I think I would have had a hard time not coming down with golf-itis and staying home. Glad to hear you did the responsible thing. It'll be interesting to hear how easy it was to set up and calibrate (if you have to). Have fun with it and I can't wait to hear more!

3 hours ago, goaliewales14 said:

I can't wait to follow along with this review!  I'll be curious what type of data you'll get out it in terms of your putter.  I wonder if you could almost do a putter fitting with it.  Also, does this allow you to compete with others?  Could all of you get online and have a putt off?

It is in my list of items to try;  Here is my current list of things to examine and experiment with🙂    Probably not legible,  but keep checking in and you will find out what all of this stuff says. 

image.png.aceb2924dfb26caf41c313f24dcadb67.png

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

My approach is a bit different. I control distance by length of stroke. I do think like swing to big toe, outside of back foot, hands to thigh, hands to outside of thigh. I calibrate the distance of those marks prior to the round.

I don’t think anyone is a 100% feel player, nor do I believe anyone is 100% mechanical. We all fall someplace within that spectrum.

My approach is more mechanical leaning, but still has a feel aspect for distances that aren’t in my stock measurements.

Oh I’m on the spectrum alright. :)

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Mine arrived tonight as well! My back hurts from putting so long! The cord wasn’t long enough for me to get it set-up in a comfortable spot, so I moved our bed just so I could straddle the corner and try out the EXPUTT. Both my 13 year old, and 9 year old came in to the bedroom to play as well. I went through all three modes and it was fun!!!! Tomorrow’s goal is to find a LONG cord!!!!

Here are some pics. I have my hand in one of the pics so you can gauge the size of the camera and stand.

6A6462DA-AE92-4BF0-A8E9-231B8F0B7545.jpeg

C28D80C0-A497-48F3-A369-E619A37D85C0.jpeg

D46A011C-B52D-4A92-B348-B69D6566D15F.jpeg

2AECF896-8553-49EA-AA97-C9B7A29C15B8.jpeg

242946DD-27AA-4958-8C0C-E7FDE8C2970C.jpeg

7E5B2BB1-DC2B-43E1-A2A3-D5706B54A864.jpeg

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Just an FYI - the testers received a really nice email from one of the co-founders of ExPutt .. offering their direct support with any questions .. seems like they're truly interested in what we're doing here (eg. vs simply passing out product just to get the name out there).

Thought that was pretty cool.

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Hooked mine up and putted for over an hour.

Same as CNosil, the cord is way too short for any TV we have in the house, so thankfully this was free and I’m not adding another $50-$60 to the purchase for a longer cord.

I also had issues when for periods of time the unit didn’t show putter path. 

When in game mode, and selecting the “?”And then the “H”, I never had anything change on screen with the H, and the putts didn’t read while ? was open. 
On the big side benders, with my putter turned 45*, it wouldn’t read the putt. I had to keep the putter face square, then putt way in-to-out/out-to-in which was not accurate putting at all.

Overall, VERY addicting. I’d love to see a drill set-up for improving my path and face angle at impact!!! Something with simulated pegged tees around my putter head where I could work on just takeaway and impact without caring about distance or holing anything.

Time to really read through the manual to better understand the “buttons” and options! Haahaha!!!!

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Can one of you guys grab a video of a putt and the info displayed on your screen?  Pretty please.

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

Can one of you guys grab a video of a putt and the info displayed on your screen?  Pretty please.

I’ll grab on tonight or on one of the breaks in my class this afternoon. if someone doesn’t beat me to it.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

22 minutes ago, JohnSmalls said:

Sorry, too busy putting 😉😆😜

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

I'm assuming how far the ball goes is how hard it hits the stopper at the end of the mat right?  Would putting the mat on different surfaces matter like if you use hardwood vs. carpet?

Driver: Callaway Rogue ST Max
3 Wood: Taylormade SIM
3 Utility Iron: Srixon U85
4i – 5i: Taylormade P790
6i – AW: Taylormade P770
SW: Taylormade MG3 TW Grind
LW: Taylormade Hi-Toe 3 Low Bounce
Putter: PXG Battle Ready One & Done

I'm impressed with how things look right out of the box. It seems to me it would be beneficial because it's fun and you end up practicing more often, so even if you don't hyper-analyze things, just the extra reps would help.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

37 minutes ago, goaliewales14 said:

I'm assuming how far the ball goes is how hard it hits the stopper at the end of the mat right?  Would putting the mat on different surfaces matter like if you use hardwood vs. carpet?

No the stopper is just that.  A foam sponge to stop the ball.  All the distance is calculated by the roll captured in the camera.  

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

40 minutes ago, goaliewales14 said:

Once I get to testing I do plan on putting the mat on multiple surfaces to see how it does - the floor in my living room is tile so I wonder if the grout gaps will have an impact on the system's ability to predict ball path. Unfortunately the arrival of the test units coincided with a wedding and a getaway with my wife, so the rest of the testers have a week-long headstart on me!

Driver - :cobra-small:Radspeed XB, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
3 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
5 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Fujikura Motore X F3 6-S
Utility - :mizuno-small: Pro 225 3i, Mitsubishi MMT 105S

Irons - :mizuno-small:Pro 225 4-5, 223 6-PW, KBS $-Taper 120
Wedges - :cobra-small:King Cobra Snakebite 52° & 58°, KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 S
Putter - :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Black Ten 35"
Ball - :callaway-small: Chrome Tour