Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

2020 Official Member Review: Exputt putting simulator

3 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

Great videos @cnosil! It looks like something you could get lost in and spends a LOT of time doing. How many different green setups does the Exputt come loaded with? 

P.S. With calves like that, I expect you to putt like Phil. 

I'm sure as we get into the challenge mode you'll get a great answer to your question.   But a cliff note answer is.  
Challenge Mode.  See my screen shot above with the score of 162.

You putt from 3 different locations on a each hole 1-9.   Anywhere from 10 feet to 40 plus feet.  You get 3 chances from each spot to either make the putt or have it conceded, inside 3 feet.  

Alot more to come on that mode.  I see jt potentially being the most used mode.  Although Play is very fun as well.  

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

1 minute ago, cnosil said:

I don't know,  I tried the play mode but I am loving practice mode.  Been working on 20 feet and in;  straight putt which works on distance control and face angle at impact.  Will probably replace my ruler and gates.  Switched TVs as well.  Went from my big screen to a 30 inch.   I wanted to watch some of the golf so I had to bring down another set to practice while I watch. 

DSCN2541.JPG.64e5cd8506407cc2eb5be0022f5c36d7.JPG

Well playing with yourself is not as fun as playing with someone else 😉

The great thing about EXPutt is it has many different aspects.  Unlike a driver where all we won't to know is does it hit it far and straight.  

So we won't to try to keep this review as easy as possible for you all to understand the different elements of it.   

So starting next week we'll be tackleing the three modes individually.  And focusing on them on at a time.  Now we may stray a time or two but will make sure each mode gets its own full review. 

In the meantime feel free to ask questions about the setup initial thoughts etc.  

Fortunately between my wife's three kids there are extra large screen TVs sitting collecting dust in our basement, so I was able to carve out a putting area with its own monitor! .. ie. not shared in a family room .. so the 4ft supplied cord is plenty for my setup.

Possibly future versions of the cam hardware may incorporate WiFi and maybe Bluetooth?

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

This definitely looks like fun but I could see where you could go down a “rabbit hole” with all the data provided. I can’t wait to see if this device actually translates to fewer putts on the course.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

1 hour ago, TBT said:

I can’t wait to see if this device actually translates to fewer putts on the course.

You and me both, bruthah!

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

25 minutes ago, cksurfdude said:

You and me both, bruthah!

I think we all are!

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

3 hours ago, cnosil said:

As @Golfspy_CG2 indicated above,  there is a lot to this training aid and based on comments in the tester private messages we are all going in different directions so some level or organization was needed.   Were starting with initial setup and operation.   I posted a video a little back that showed how quickly this can be setup.  It is basically plug in the camera,  roll out the mat and turn it on.  You move the mat or adjust the camera height to sync the mat with the camera.     Here are a few photos to show a little but more about setup and the equipment.  

Connecting the Camera:  There are 2 cables to plug in.  An HDMI cable and a power cable.  

DSCN2546.JPG.ee3f1ebc63be1e2cd268156a47d90309.JPG

I am sure people are curious about the mat.  it is 40" x 12" so it doesn't require much space.   The mat is about 1/4" thick and a rubbery type material.  As you can see in the picture,  it does pick up cat hair.   You will need a fairly level surface;  my room slants a little and the ball does roll a bit.  The ball hits into a spongy type material which acts a silencer when the ball impacts.

DSCN2542.JPG.027164e2c95bef20c9d0ff00397287a6.JPGDSCN2543.JPG.906f81c98816530026e87740ee6d4bbb.JPG

Once you power on the system boots up (about 20-30 second) and then you are prompted to verify the that the mat has been recognized.  If you have lighting issues,  the system will display a message in the blue box on the right.  

DSCN2544.JPG.d4a0b5347fa22faae8f8c1bd28fafb85.JPG

From a settings perspective you can control background music (music and nature sounds),  automatic power off, size of the hole (2 sizes regulation and  5.9"),, distance (meter, yards, feet), and player dexterity.  

DSCN2545.JPG.07f2696e613efb75d6018cde9413183f.JPG

From out of the box to practicing your putt you are only looking at about 5 minutes.   

Well I read the instructions pamphlet so it wasa total of about 20 minutes for me 😁

Great job on the pics and setup process. 

10 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Well I read the instructions pamphlet so it wasa total of about 20 minutes for me 😁

Great job on the pics and setup process. 

I followed typical the stupid male model and just started plugging things in.  Instruction Manuals are a last resort....I have now entered instruction manual mode to learn more about how the product actually works.  

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

This thing is way too addicting and informational......Doing some putter testing 🙂

On 7/16/2020 at 2:06 PM, cnosil said:

Uploaded a couple of videos to youtube to show time to setup and a putt to show what is captured.   Sorry for the quality and lack of editing;  I set it up really quickly during a break in a class I am taking

Setup

Putt Capture (at least I made the putt !)

Initial thoughts are  I really think it will help someone’s putting

My negatives at this point are:

• The micro HDMI cable. I have a ton of HMDI cables but if I need more distance it means I have to buy another cable or adapter.
  • Lighting requirements. The room I will be using this in isn’t very bright but what I would consider adequate. Going to have to move in some additional lamps to use this in the evening. I had many putts where the path wasn’t displayed and at this point I am assuming that is a lighting issue.  We even saw this during my setup video.
  • On my TV the edges of the screen are cut off and I am missing some of the data. I am going to try some more tv/monitors to see if I have the same problem or try and see if I can tweak some tv settings.  Here is a large picture that shows the slight loss of information on the left and right. 

DSCN2537.JPG.2f6f7707bf9ede9a2d9bc18d18a84a4b.JPG

• Wish there was last network capability so we could play against each other.

Other than potential lighting issues and the some of the screen being cutoff it seems like a great product.

Lots if thinks I want to experiment with but initial impression is that this will be something I use long term.

Thank you!  I’m afraid I’m going to like this system more than you guys by the time you finish the test 😂.  

How easy is it to switch dexterity mid practice/game?

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

26 minutes ago, JohnSmalls said:

How easy is it to switch dexterity mid practice/game?

To switch dexterity,   you have to go back to the settings menu which requires you to exit the mode you are playing.  When setting up for a game with multiple players it asks what each players dexterity.  

DSCN2545.JPG.07f2696e613efb75d6018cde9413183f.JPG

The guys have been a bit quiet in this thread the past couple days at my request. 

This product is unlike anything we have tested before and has several different modes.  I  want to make sure each one gets a full review and you  all get a clear understanding of everything it does without us jumping from mode to mode.

So to recap there are 3 modes:

• Practice
  • Challenge
  • Play 9

Starting tomorrow and through next week the testers will be focusing primarily on Practice mode. This is the mode that you guys who geek out on path/clubface/speed roatation etc will geek out on.

They will also be participating in a challnge against each other for the week.

Whichever tester has the most putts in one session,  will win a price.   We'll make it interactice for you all as well.  Guess which tesster wil have the most putts in one session and list him and the number of putts you think he will have.  One note, Gaviniski will be on a preplaneed trip so he may not have a chane to get in on this contest.  

7 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

The guys have been a bit quiet in this thread the past couple days at my request. 

This product is unlike anything we have tested before and has several different modes.  I  want to make sure each one gets a full review and you  all get a clear understanding of everything it does without us jumping from mode to mode.

• Practice
  • Challenge
  • Play 9

Starting tomorrow and through next week the testers will be focusing primarily on Practice mode. This is the mode that you guys who geek out on path/clubface/speed roatation etc will geek out on.

Whichever tester has the most putts in one session,  will win a price.   We'll make it interactice for you all as well.  Guess which tesster wil have the most putts in one session and list him and the number of putts you think he will have.  One note, Gaviniski will be on a preplaneed trip so he may not have a chane to get in on this contest.  

This will be great! Can’t wait to see some competition in this

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

18 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

• Practice
  • Challenge
  • Play 9

How many attempts will each tester get to try to make during this session? 

23 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

How many attempts will each tester get to try to make during this session? 

The challenge isn't for putts made, but putts attempted. So basically who is going to grind out the longest practice session attempting the exact same putt over and over 😂

Driver - :cobra-small:Radspeed XB, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
3 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
5 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Fujikura Motore X F3 6-S
Utility - :mizuno-small: Pro 225 3i, Mitsubishi MMT 105S

Irons - :mizuno-small:Pro 225 4-5, 223 6-PW, KBS $-Taper 120
Wedges - :cobra-small:King Cobra Snakebite 52° & 58°, KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 S
Putter - :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Black Ten 35"
Ball - :callaway-small: Chrome Tour