Wooooo Hoooo - 3 Rounds in 5 days

that is awesome! I've gone 7 days playing in a row. Many many many people said I was crazy for playing that much but my response was one day (hopefully not soon or ever) my body will not be able to play two days in a row. enjoy it while I can because some wish they could!

Driver: Taylormade Sim 2 Max

3 Wood: Callaway Epic Max

Driving Iron: Titleist u510

Hybrid: Taylormade Gapr

Irons: Taylormade P760

Wedges: Vokey Jet Black 52/56/60

Putter: Taylormade Spider X

Ball: ProV1x

congrats. Personally, I could not contemplate 5 rounds in 3 days like some buddies did on golf trips. 

3 Rounds in 5 days sounds like heaven to me!

SW: Cleveland CBX 2 56 degree, 12 bounce

GW:  Cleveland CBX 2 52 degree, 11 bounce

6 - 9 irons: Callaway RAZR X HL Irons,  True Temper M-10 XP steel shaft

5H Callaway RAZR X HL 27 degree, 60 lie, 38.75" length

4H: Taylormade 22 degree,   60.5 Lie    40.25" length

3W Callaway Diablo Octane 15 degree, 56 lie, 43"

Taylormade Rocketballz 10.5 degree 46"

Can't get a break, just when I was starting to get my new swing working  I accidentally shortened my R index finger by 4mm on a Mandolin. So no golf for me for at least 2-3 weeks. One of the most painful things I have ever experienced and do not recommend.

Callaway Epic Flash 9 Degree

Callaway Epic Flash 3 wood 15 Degree

Callaway Apex 21 Hybrid 19 Degree

Callaway Steelhead Pro 4-AW Irons

Cleveland 54 Degree Wedge Steel Shaft

Recoil Graphite Shafts in all Callaway

Cobra Vintage Series Stingray 40

Preferred ball - Seed 001

1 hour ago, Firebird said:

Can't get a break, just when I was starting to get my new swing working  I accidentally shortened my R index finger by 4mm on a Mandolin. So no golf for me for at least 2-3 weeks. One of the most painful things I have ever experienced and do not recommend.

So... two things to stay away from:

1. Mandolins
  2. Ladders

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

We watch a lot of Chopped, and it always terrifies me when chefs get out the mandoline and rush with it.  At the kitchen I used to work in, we had to wear a special cut-proof glove to use it.

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

On 11/5/2020 at 4:38 PM, Firebird said:

This would not have been possible a year ago as due to illness I would be in pain for 2-3 days after each round. Did not play great and it was quite hot on Tuesday 34C (94F) but it was still great to be able to play 3 rounds in such a short period. Mind you I was totally knackered Wednesday night. But now hopefully we will be able to continue to play and my golf fitness will improve.

Just saw this but I am pulling for you. I am going through bad injuries myself but did manage to play 2 9 hole rounds 2 days in a row with heavy steel shafted clubs

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

12 hours ago, Kenny B said:

1. Mandolins
  2. Ladders

You are damn skippy on the last one there Old Buddy. Now am I missing something here? A Mandolin is a little guitar looking thing which the string guys tell me is very difficult to play.

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

12 hours ago, HardcoreLooper said:

We watch a lot of Chopped, and it always terrifies me when chefs get out the mandoline and rush with it.  At the kitchen I used to work in, we had to wear a special cut-proof glove to use it.

Like I posted above you guys need to educate my ignorant country butt about that kind of Mandolin

G

14 hours ago, Firebird said:

I've nicked myself with a mandolin a number of time, but it was just skin. However, last November I did make my left thumb have a nice 45° angle on one side cutting sweet potato...it sucked.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

3 hours ago, BIG STU said:

Like I posted above you guys need to educate my ignorant country butt about that kind of Mandolin

image.png.7518a41088e5725a044b2f50c3eb8a7d.png

For people that don't want to use a basic knife.  Great for slicing lots of veggies all at once, as well as the occasional finger.  

I have found that by the time I get mine out and set up, use it, and wash it (I don't use the dishwasher), I can cut up veggies with a knife.  For a large gathering it might be useful, but for just the two of us... not so much.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

On 11/27/2020 at 10:24 PM, BIG STU said:

Just saw this but I am pulling for you. I am going through bad injuries myself but did manage to play 2 9 hole rounds 2 days in a row with heavy steel shafted clubs

Hope you recover quickly and soon.

On 11/27/2020 at 10:04 AM, Kenny B said:

image.png.7518a41088e5725a044b2f50c3eb8a7d.png

For people that don't want to use a basic knife.  Great for slicing lots of veggies all at once, as well as the occasional finger.  

I have found that by the time I get mine out and set up, use it, and wash it (I don't use the dishwasher), I can cut up veggies with a knife.  For a large gathering it might be useful, but for just the two of us... not so much.

Ok thanks--- I knew it must have been some kind of sophiscated kind of equipment---- Us rednecks a knife can be a multi use tool.

G

Ok thanks--- I knew it must have been some kind of sophiscated kind of equipment---- Us rednecks a knife can be a multi use tool.

Pocket knife, some duct tape and a few zip ties was all my old man even needed to fix jUst about anything. The fix was permanent but it lasted long enough to get the job done. Heck, I rode close to 1000 miles on my Harley with the carb held together with his “engineering”. He was like a redneck McGuyver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* Ltd. HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 TX

Fairway: :taylormade-small: BRNR Mini Driver Copper 13.5* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

:Arccos:

5 hours ago, Jmikecpa said:

Pocket knife, some duct tape and a few zip ties was all my old man even needed to fix jUst about anything. The fix was permanent but it lasted long enough to get the job done. Heck, I rode close to 1000 miles on my Harley with the carb held together with his “engineering”. He was like a redneck McGuyver.

You remember how the old Sportsters and Shovelheads how the carb was held on to the intake by basically hose clamps with rubber hose?  The carb literally fell off my Sportster 200 miles from home on a Sunday. Lucky for me there was a Advance store open. Had to buy a upper 1 piece radiator hose for a Chevrolet and cut the ends off and use 4 radiator clamps instead of the wide Harley clamps. But it got me home. Another old Harley trick for one with a generator if the voltage regulator goes out. It is the same GM/ Delco unit for any generator equipped GM product from 1948 to 1965. And I have disassembled and cleaned brushes on many a Harley generator side the road. Now the newer stuff if the stator and transistorized regulator goes out you are basically screwed unless you find a parts store and get a car battery and fasten it on the back. I did that on my 82 shovel to get it home from Gatlinburg one night. Note: My 76 Shovel I got rid of 5 years ago now still had the points ignition. I never converted it over because I know how to clean and gap points

G

You remember how the old Sportsters and Shovelheads how the carb was held on to the intake by basically hose clamps with rubber hose?  The carb literally fell off my Sportster 200 miles from home on a Sunday. Lucky for me there was a Advance store open. Had to buy a upper 1 piece radiator hose for a Chevrolet and cut the ends off and use 4 radiator clamps instead of the wide Harley clamps. But it got me home. Another old Harley trick for one with a generator if the voltage regulator goes out. It is the same GM/ Delco unit for any generator equipped GM product from 1948 to 1965. And I have disassembled and cleaned brushes on many a Harley generator side the road. Now the newer stuff if the stator and transistorized regulator goes out you are basically screwed unless you find a parts store and get a car battery and fasten it on the back. I did that on my 82 shovel to get it home from Gatlinburg one night. Note: My 76 Shovel I got rid of 5 years ago now still had the points ignition. I never converted it over because I know how to clean and gap points

You and my Old Man would have got along just fine. He had a lot of older bikes kicking around that he either repaired or restored but always rode them and rode them hard. After he passed we were down to two bikes, my 94 Fatboy and his 2009 Road King. I wish he hung into a few of the old Harleys and Indians he had for years. The 52 Chief that he restored was the best (and most demanding) bike I have ever been on.

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* Ltd. HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 TX

Fairway: :taylormade-small: BRNR Mini Driver Copper 13.5* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

:Arccos:

2 minutes ago, Jmikecpa said:

You and my Old Man would have got along just fine. He had a lot of older bikes kicking around that he either repaired or restored but always rode them and rode them hard. After he passed we were down to two bikes, my 94 Fatboy and his 2009 Road King. I wish he hung into a few of the old Harleys and Indians he had for years. The 52 Chief that he restored was the best (and most demanding) bike I have ever been on.

Yep those Indians were like the old Pan Heads and Knuckle Heads you better darn sure have the timing retarded before kick starting or you would get thrown over the handlebars with one heck of a Charlie Horse in your kicker leg. Stock those bikes had the timing adjuster on the handlebars by the throttle. Most older ones you had to reach down to the distributor on the side and manual adjust. I had a 65 Pan Head that had been modified and had a Magneto but you still had to manual adjust it. Was drizzling rain one day and I kicked it and went to manual adjust the Mag and it lit me up. 

G

Good news, the tip of my finger is almost grown back and I hope to start playing again on Saturday.

2 hours ago, Firebird said:

Good news, the tip of my finger is almost grown back and I hope to start playing again on Saturday.

You Aussies are a resourceful bunch being able to grow back what you cut off?!?!?!!!!    🤪

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

13 hours ago, Shapotomous said:

You Aussies are a resourceful bunch being able to grow back what you cut off?!?!?!!!!    🤪

You should see us after a few drinks down the pub!

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

22 hours ago, Shapotomous said:

Insulting sob😀, I am an Australian K1W1😝.

Edited by Firebird

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/26/2020 at 2:58 PM, Kenny B said:

1. Mandolins
  2. Ladders

I wish I would have seen this a week and a half ago!!!

I have been a paid handyman of late. I found myself on a 6' ladder painting a beam. As I was ascending the ladder it became unstable. I reached up to the beam and grabbed it as the ladder wobbled and finally gave way under my feet. There I was, hanging 9' from the ground with a ladder laying on the ground. The only option I had was to let go and free fall to the ground. I did not stick the landing very gracefully. I rolled on the ground. Luckily, the only thing hurt was my pride. Needless to say, I am a bit more careful on that ladder. 

Golf is simple - people are complicated.

5w Taylormade SLDR S 19* - 220yd, Ping G2 5-U - 190-105, Maltby M+ 54* & MG 60* - 95-75, Evnroll ER8, Titleist 816 H1 4h 21*, Maltby 4 Hybrid Iron 24* - 210-200, Callaway XR16 8* - 235 carry

886809507_image1(5).jpeg.56bc697c3b02b1fb00feb8d4b66389bc~2.jpeg

5 hours ago, Buffly said:

I wish I would have seen this a week and a half ago!!!

I have been a paid handyman of late. I found myself on a 6' ladder painting a beam. As I was ascending the ladder it became unstable. I reached up to the beam and grabbed it as the ladder wobbled and finally gave way under my feet. There I was, hanging 9' from the ground with a ladder laying on the ground. The only option I had was to let go and free fall to the ground. I did not stick the landing very gracefully. I rolled on the ground. Luckily, the only thing hurt was my pride. Needless to say, I am a bit more careful on that ladder. 

I know so many people that have fallen using ladders.  Fortunately, I haven't ... yet!  But 15 years ago I bought a very sturdy ladder that has been extremely useful.  However, at 73 I'm thinking that I can hire someone to do the climbing from now on.  I should sell the ladder so it's not tempting me to make a "quick climb" for a small job...  nah!!

Good and maybe good news with regard to my finger. Good news it that it is healing nicely, as the skin above the joint was starved of blood for a  short period the other layer went black and when the skin eventually peeled of the skin underneath was really tender and is still quite sensitive but is getting less and less every week. Since getting back  playing my handicap as dropped 2 strokes in 4 weeks. I used to enjoy being a bandit.😎

@Firebird
I grew up in a kitchen, and spent my 20’s as a line cook, and eventual head chef. 2 things I dreaded:

1) Steam burns: they’re the worst sort as it’s not immediately apparent how bad the burn is.

2) mandolin accidents: seen more than one set of fingers filleted and more than one cooks nickname become lefty

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver - Cobra LtDxLS

3 Wood - Ping g410 LST

2iron - Titleist U505

Irons - Ping i59

Wedges - Vokey Sm9

Putter - Mizuno Mcraft IV

On 11/5/2020 at 2:38 PM, Firebird said:

This would not have been possible a year ago as due to illness I would be in pain for 2-3 days after each round. Did not play great and it was quite hot on Tuesday 34C (94F) but it was still great to be able to play 3 rounds in such a short period. Mind you I was totally knackered Wednesday night. But now hopefully we will be able to continue to play and my golf fitness will improve.

Good for you!!!!, as I'm staring at snow and an email from our club stating that they will be closed until all snow comes off. Ahhh, winter in the Rockies.

Mizuno ST190, 9 degrees, Fujikura Ventus Black 6S

Mizuno ST190, 14 degrees, Fujikura Ventus Black 7S

Mizuno ST200 , 18 degrees, Fujikura Ventus Blue 7X

Miura CB 301, 4 iron, Fujikura Ventus 9x

Miura CB 301, 5-PW Nippon Modus 120S

Miura K Grind, 52, 54 and 58, Nippon Modus 130s  hand ground by Usher Golf

Miura KM 006 LH 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/5/2021 at 2:55 PM, BKordon said:

Good for you!!!!, as I'm staring at snow and an email from our club stating that they will be closed until all snow comes off. Ahhh, winter in the Rockies.

Never really thought about having to stop playing in winter because of snow. It would be really hard to find a white golf ball.

42 minutes ago, Firebird said:

Never really thought about having to stop playing in winter because of snow. It would be really hard to find a white golf ball.

That doesn't include not being able to feel your hands or feet or head. 

Mizuno ST190, 9 degrees, Fujikura Ventus Black 6S

Mizuno ST190, 14 degrees, Fujikura Ventus Black 7S

Mizuno ST200 , 18 degrees, Fujikura Ventus Blue 7X

Miura CB 301, 4 iron, Fujikura Ventus 9x

Miura CB 301, 5-PW Nippon Modus 120S

Miura K Grind, 52, 54 and 58, Nippon Modus 130s  hand ground by Usher Golf

Miura KM 006 LH