Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

The Good Morning Thread

GolfSpy_APH

Good, well afternoon I guess Spies. Yeah, I'm a little late getting my 'ola out to everyone. I was on the road at 8am this morning and didn't get to the hotel here in Atlanta till around 1pm. Then I popped into the data center and checked on a few things. Then off to Chick-fil-A for a late lunch. Oh, so good! I haven't had it in over a year and I had to get some today. It was only 2 blocks from the data center. I have a feeling I'll be eating lunch there each day I'm here, and probably some dinners too. 🙂

Everyone have a fantastic Friday Eve!!

In My Sun Mountain C-130 'merica Cart Bag:
Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth+ Rocket 3W, 13.5* turned down to 12.75*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 75g
Fairway: :Sub70: 949x 3w, 15*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 70g
Fairway: :Sub70: 949x 5w, 18*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX, 60g
Hybrid: :Sub70: 939x 4H (21*), Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Black, 90g
Irons: :Takomo: 101's, 5-PW, :truetemper: DG120 S300
Wedges: :Sub70: 286 @ 50*, JBFG @ 54* & 60*, :truetemper: DG120 S300
Putter: :Sub70: 002 Mid-Mallet @ 35", Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0, Desert Camo
Ball: :maxfli: Tour & Testing :OnCore: Vero X1
Technology: :ShotScope: H4 w/ Tags, Pro L2 Rangefinder

7 hours ago, Cfhandyman said:

@Jim Shaw I’m Guilty as charged. If I asked about launch angles, most of my buddies would ask what have I been smoking or drinking when at the end of the day, we’re just trying to get the ball as close to the hole as possible. As you, @cnosil and others have eloquently pointed out, technique and varying how you deliver the club to the ball plays a very large role.  You can manipulate launch by varying technique and even then you still have to execute. I fall into one of the small (very) groups that uses the available launch monitor data with lots of practice to try and improve my game and hope to become more consistent. It’s the science guy in me trying to understand the numbers. Which leads to rabbit hole number 2, chasing the numbers.  Also, guilty as charged. 

So, I appreciate your patience in that I’ve fallen, but can’t get up. 
image.jpeg.c564aba4065fa75556d58daa9c439b26.jpeg

I'm right there with you @Cfhandyman and for some strange reason the hole continues to get deeper.  🥴

TSR1, 9*, Fujikura Ventus Black, 6-S

TSR1, 15*, HZRDUS Black, 5.5 

TSR2, Hybrid, 18*, TPT HYBRID 17/Lo

RBZ Tour4 Hybrid, 21.5*, S 

T-200, (2023), 5-PW,  SteelFiber, i95cw, S 

Vokey Design, 50,54,58, Dynamic Gold S200

Studio Select, Newport 1.5

ELIXR (2022)

1 hour ago, cksurfdude said:

Oh heck yeah love love love early 50s styles - all that metal in all those extra big rounded curves and all that unnecessary bright chrome... 😁 There was that one Caddy in there that for me was "the show stopper"!

And I think your last statement was directed at @cnosil, not me - he just suffered through a major surgery and is now recovering .. and WILL BE (or else gawdammit! 😉 ) rebuilding his strength and his game going into May!!!

A few years ago had the left hip replaced and later found out the right leg was then slightly shorter. Had a 2mm heel lft on that side but this new chiro switched me to 5mm .. and I feel like that's really helping.

Was curious about that also. My best guess = you touch those big buttons with the butt of your club to control or select options in the sim (ie don't need to use a keyboard or mouse, or touchscreen or whatever other input device is being used).

Yes  Chuck, @cksurfdude it was meant for Chris, @cnosil .

Difficult for me to post from my phone, hoping to get internet restrictions lifted at work so I could use computer again.

Either way you have it figured out, and looking forward to meeting in person in May.

Scores won’t matter with the fun factor it should turnout to be.

Driver & Fairway: :titleist-small: Titleist TSR3 10 degree - :Fuji: Ventus TR Blue & :titleist-small: TSR3 15 - :projectx: Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black 

Hybrid: :callaway-small: Callaway Apex UW 19 - :projectx: Hzrdus Smoke Black

Irons: :titleist-small: Titleist T200 3G (4) & T150 - (5-G) - :projectx: Project X LZ 

Wedges: :vokey-small: Vokey SM8 54, and 58

Putter: :cameron-small: Cameron Phantom X 7

Ball: :titleist-small: Pro V1 & :maxfli: Maxfli Tour

2 hours ago, ILMgolfnut said:

First step: Got the Garmin out and charging. Because the charging cord is only about a foot long, the bathroom sink was the only place I could find close enough to an outlet.

Second step: Paired the Garmin with my phone using the Garmin Golf app. Which should allow me to use it outside this afternoon if I wished.

PXL_20240208_175643690_MP.jpg.bb450c6de977e34582074efb2351321a.jpg

Nothing like taking expensive electronics and putting them right next to a water source. I know for fact a mishap would occur if that were me. They don’t call me schleprock for noth’in.

-ZoonORama (Keith)

• Irons:  :Takomo: 101T (4-PW)
  • Wedges:  :Takomo: Skyforger 52, 56, 60
  • Driver:  :callaway-small: Mavrik 9 degree (S/D)
  • Woods: :callaway-small: Mavrik 3 (15 degree), Mavrik 5 (18 degree)
  • Putter:  :odyssey-small:  Ai-ONE Milled 6 T DB
  • Balls:    :maxfli: Tour / Tour X
  • Rapsodo MLM
  • Garmin S42 Watch

Just now, ZoonORama said:

Nothing like taking expensive electronics and putting them right next to a water source.

I think I can manage not to wash my hands or brush my teeth this afternoon.

Obsessed with chasing the dimpled orb.

More about me:  WITB type stuff

Fit For Golf tester 2024

6 hours ago, ZoonORama said:

Today is National Boy Scouts Day. For those that didn’t have the opportunity to grow up camping or cutting yourself with a pocket knife, you don’t know what you were missing. I think we need more of this type of outdoor activity for our young ones. That, and more golf camps. Give them something physical to do other than stare at a tiny screen.

I was a Boy Scout!!  Went camping every summer (and one winter in the snow); cut myself with a pocket knife, and look how I turned out... sitting here looking at a tiny screen and typing this.  🤣

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

2 hours ago, cksurfdude said:

A few years ago had the left hip replaced and later found out the right leg was then slightly shorter. Had a 2mm heel lft on that side but this new chiro switched me to 5mm .. and I feel like that's really helping.

That's nothing!!  When I was 10 years old, I broke my right ankle.  My right leg has been 1/2" short ever since.  Last year I put a 1/2" lift in the heel of my golf shoes and my sneakers.  I think it has helped my low back pain.  Maybe I should have done it 30 years ago and I would have a better golf swing now!! 😆

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

2 hours ago, johngschulz said:

I did it. Used the air compressor method for the first time on a set. I decided to used one of each color pure grips since I got them during the going out of biz sale.IMG_9010.jpeg.c2da2830bdd962385d6b810d9c02bc74.jpeg

I'm loving how the colors pop off the screen. Very nice 👌🏽 

WITB

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Qi10 Max

Hybrid: 🐏 FX Max 5h

5i-9i: 🐏 FX Max 10

Wedges: :titleist-small: 48°, 52°, 56°

Putter:  :cleveland-small: HB Soft 14

Ball: :odin: