Testers Wanted! T Squared Putters ×
2024 PGA Contest by MyClubFitter and My Golf Spy ×

The Good Morning Thread

GolfSpy_APH

Good Morning everyone!  Up at 4:45am... not sure why except it's become routine over the years.  Our tee time is 9:50 and it's raining; rained all night.  It looks like it might let up soon and it's 47º but could get to 60º.  The golf cart cover comes out today!  Only 10 days left for GHIN in our area.

Enjoy your weekend and play well!  

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

3 hours ago, jdparker said:

Happy Saturday morning!  Have a full day ahead.  Smoking a rack of ribs for the wife's friend who just had a baby so we are making a dinner for them.  Finish building my son's bed frame.  I built the fort section yesterday but still need to build stairs and add a few boards so we can put siding up.  Taking the family to lunch and then golf this afternoon with my group.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Read this and made me feel already worn out.. Multitasking is made for you  young people. Me; I am just saying the appropriate;  “ Yes, dear; No, dear; Whatever you say dear “ to get safely out of the house. 

27 minutes ago, Dead Solid Bogey said:

Read this and made me feel already worn out.. Multitasking is made for you  young people. Me; I am just saying the appropriate;  “ Yes, dear; No, dear; Whatever you say dear “ to get safely out of the house. 

I blame it on the ADHD.... and it prevents the chance of additional chores from the wifey if I stay busy. 😆

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

Happy weekend morning!

Turning into mild temps here, with only a light overcast; hopefully tomorrow is similar as that is golf day .. today is lunch with the soon to be son-in-law and my wife is almost bouncing off the walls with excitement!!

@MattWillGolf I literally feel for you... My old pooch (at the way upper end in age for his breed) had a series of "episodes" which have been managed with a combo of meds and a bunch of supplements, including cbd. Enjoy him while you have him...

You and other pet people know one of the endearing things about old dogs is they don't know they're old, they still think they're puppies!!

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

1 hour ago, Kenny B said:

Our tee time is 9:50 and it's raining; rained all night.  It looks like it might let up soon and it's 47º but could get to 60º.

... I feel bad for you guys in colder climates. 🥶  Going to be 91* for my round today, then 90's* the next three days. With low humidity I find 80*-90* to be great golf weather. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... AutoFlex Dream 7 SF405
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        G430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 4-9i ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small:     MG3 46*/50*/54* MG4 58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:          :taylormade-small:     '24 TP5x 

1 hour ago, Kenny B said:

Good Morning everyone!  Up at 4:45am... not sure why except it's become routine over the years.  Our tee time is 9:50 and it's raining; rained all night.  It looks like it might let up soon and it's 47º but could get to 60º.  The golf cart cover comes out today!  Only 10 days left for GHIN in our area.

Enjoy your weekend and play well!  

UPDATE:  I finished making breakfast for my wife and I and the downpour started... loud pelting the aluminum patio roof.  Almost quit, but there is another wave coming around 10am until 2pm.  My wife canceled today's round, and I thought I was the wishy, washy one that doesn't need to play in rain. I don't mind a little drizzle, which is what we usually get.  At least I wasn't the first to cry UNCLE.  😂

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

16 minutes ago, chisag said:

... I feel bad for you guys in colder climates. 🥶  Going to be 91* for my round today, then 90's* the next three days. With low humidity I find 80*-90* to be great golf weather. 

Ahh, this is when you really "shine" pun intended... I will be hanging on every "winter" post from you @chisag... enjoy the beautiful weather and those extra 20 yds. of roll off the tee, I had a couple of drives back up on my yesterday lol

committed to performance excellence

Nice day here in The Villages , no golf today , football watching and mowing my neighbors lawn ( wonderful widow that has a bad leg so gotta take care of her chores for her , so y’all enjoy , be blessed and think of others until later 

Ping driver 

ping fairway

tour edge irons 

Cleveland wedges

Scotty mallet

35 minutes ago, chisag said:

I'm right there with you on that.  Have enjoyed the color change photos but its a high of 77 today and should be low 70's when I tee off this afternoon.

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

23 minutes ago, Jim Shaw said:

Ahh, this is when you really "shine" pun intended... I will be hanging on every "winter" post from you @chisag... enjoy the beautiful weather and those extra 20 yds. of roll off the tee, I had a couple of drives back up on my yesterday lol

... 👍 Those extra 20 yds will be coming in another month or so. Right now we are just out of overfeeding and they water the crap out of the fairways and greens, so there is always a good chance of a plugged drive as well as an iron just short of the green. Not complaining as it is necessary and the warm weather means I can play most every day. I will try and keep up some posts and pictures during the winter for my snowbound spies. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... AutoFlex Dream 7 SF405
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        G430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 4-9i ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small:     MG3 46*/50*/54* MG4 58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:          :taylormade-small:     '24 TP5x 

6 minutes ago, chisag said:

... 👍 Those extra 20 yds will be coming in another month or so. Right now we are just out of overfeeding and they water the crap out of the fairways and greens, so there is always a good chance of a plugged drive as well as an iron just short of the green. Not complaining as it is necessary and the warm weather means I can play most every day. I will try and keep up some posts and pictures during the winter for my snowbound spies. 

awsome, enjoy...

committed to performance excellence

Saturday morning and torn between getting fired up for the tournament today and wanting to stay home break out the new toys and give them ago. Tee time should be in the warmer 70’s with a high in the 80’s. 
    UPDATE: Shot the same as today’s temperature high. Flight wise in a fight for best gross… The boys with the double digit handicap’s brought their A game today…. Net score wise I am looking up at quite a few ahead of me on that score board. 
    Headed back to the house to try out the new toys out  in the back yard. 
  @MattWillGolf hope the pup is better.

May your Saturday be fun. May your football team win or at least cover😏🥴
May golf make you smile. 
     Remember for those that have to.. Fall back an hour tonight. Don’t need to show up THAT early for tomorrow’s tee time. 

@MattWillGolf, I hate hearing that about your pooch. I hate seeing animals go through something like that. Our dachshund occasionally has seizures and I feel so bad for her. Hopefully he'll be back to normal soon and won't have another one for a while. 

Edited by sirchunksalot

1 hour ago, sirchunksalot said:

@MattWillGolf, I hate hearing that about your pooch. I hate seeing animals go through something like that. Our dachshund occasionally has seizures and I feel so bad for her. Hopefully he'll be back to normal soon and won't have another one for a while. 

Thanks so much. He had a good day today. My wife and I did yard work today and he was outside with us. He got to see all of his neighborhood friends and was very happy. He gets very vocal when he sees his friends. It always brings a smile to everyone. 

image.png.ec65754993cb81a3d0a7d15c70ab8fd1.png  Anyday Maverick Black Ops 7-way

:PXG: 0311 Black Ops 8° w/Mitsubishi Diamana S+ 60

:PXG: 0311 XF 3 wood 16° w/Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue

:PXG: 0211 19° Hybrid w/Project X Even Flow Riptide

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym X 5 - GW w/True Temper Elevate MPH Official Forum Test

:vokey-small: SM9 54°/12° D and 58°/12° D w/KBS Tour 110

image.png.0f5b009ff3d83fdae5e2e361f9676226.png DF3 w/BGT Stability ONE Forum Test

:EVNROLL: ER11v 34”  Evnroll ER11v Official Forum Test

Shot Scope Pro LX+ Pro LX+ Official Forum Test

:Snell:  MTB prime

:Clicgear: 3.5+

20 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

Good morning spies!

I'm just getting the day started with some coffee and snuggle time with the dogs. We had a fun night just getting out and running around for a bit them bringing home dinner from Cheddar's. 

@CFreddie it looks like you had a great time on your buddies trip and thanks for all the wonderful photos. Tobacco Road is one of those bucket list courses for me as it looks to be stunning. I'd probably shoot 200 around there, but I'd like to find out differently.

I'm not going to get into much today after a six day work week, family time is #1 on my agenda. 

I hope each of you have a great Sunday!

Honestly, Tobacco Road was best my day of golf this weekend. Most of the greens are designed to funnel good shots, and we had a ton of close misses. It also helps to play a second time - it’s VERY confusing at first around!

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge/Testing Bag (Link Here)

Driver: image.png.ca83f4e6716da9276cf90826f633daca.png Paradym with Ventus TR Blue 60 Stiff

Fairways:  image.png.c4f821ba6925e5e146c31600685bf103.png Aerojet Max 3W & 7W with Hzrdus Smoke Blue RDX 70 Stiff

Hybrid:  image.png.c21137d282a252fb544e47aceb520176.png King TEC 5H with KBS PGI 95 Stiff

Irons:  image.png.6621a18e06b1717c1f774c4a561fd7d8.png Forged TEC 5-GW with KBS Tour Lite Stiff

Wedges:  image.png.ca83f4e6716da9276cf90826f633daca.png Jaws Raw Plasma 54 & 58

Putter:  image.png.c8e6824d2c38fa85d20ca21913fbb2b1.pngPhantom X 5.5

Ball: 2023 Maxfli Tour

Other Reviews:

Callaway Paradym

Titleist White Box Testing (2023)

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5