Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

The Good Morning Thread

GolfSpy_APH

41 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Good morning all! 

We have another forum staff article that can use a little community love! For those DIY guys let us know if you want to see more of these!

https://mygolfspy.com/news-opinion/how-to-regrip-a-golf-club/

Check it out!

Personally I am up to date with club building as I had a basement business in the 90's building knock off golf clubs but I think these are good for even me as there are always new ways to do things and more efficient ways. I believe many MGS readers would like this. 

committed to performance excellence

10 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Maybe I am just at an age where boring and predictable is a welcomed reality.  

many many times my playing partners say to me "doesnt it get boring being down the middle?" I have been playing boring golf most of my life. 

36 minutes ago, Jim Shaw said:

Personally I am up to date with club building as I had a basement business in the 90's building knock off golf clubs but I think these are good for even me as there are always new ways to do things and more efficient ways. I believe many MGS readers would like this. 

While I am not DIYer.. I do seem to specialize in damaging, wearing out, and occasionally breaking a club.. So I will be interested in seeing what it takes for others to repair/fix my mishaps 

43 minutes ago, Jim Shaw said:

many many times my playing partners say to me "doesnt it get boring being down the middle?" I have been playing boring golf most of my life. 

Some day when I grow up I want to play "boring golf" Haha. Will rejoice in the day when that happens. Sounds like fairway(check), GIR(check), 2-putt par(check, check). Please, let's make this a reality!

Driver: Titleist TSR3 9* | H2 track setting | C4 hosel setting | Fujikura Ventus TR Black 6X

3 wood: Titleist TSi3 15* | T track setting | B4 hosel setting | Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 7X

5 wood: Titleist TSR2 18* | C4 hosel setting | Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 8S

Hybrid: Titleist TSR2 21* | B1 hosel setting | Fujikura Ventus HB Blue 9X

Irons: Titleist T100 Black | 5-P | True Temper AMT Tour White X100

Wedges: Vokey SM9 Jet Black | 50.08F, 54.12D, 58.08M | True Temper AMT Tour White S300

Putter: Scotty Cameron Champions Choice Button Back Newport 2.5+

14 minutes ago, Dead Solid Bogey said:

Yes but… Your cost per stroke goes way up and you miss the adrenaline rush of possibly being on and seeing a part of the golf course, no one else has seen since it was built. 
  SOURCE: I am a member of the Lewis &  Clark Golf Course Expedition Community. 

on the rare occasion when I visit that part of the golf course, I do the boring thing and punch out lol

25 minutes ago, Jnoble89 said:

Good Monday morning fellow spies! Still riding high after Green Bay's win over KC last night. I dislike nothing more than the fact that the poor calls/no calls on the final drive of the game will undoubtedly dominate the conversation as it takes away from what was an absolutely awesome battle between a surging team in the Packers and a regularly great team in KC. What a treat it was to watch (at least, for me 😄) Jordan Love and Patrick Mahomes battle for four quarters.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Totally agree. Terrible personal foul call and even worse no call on the PI left me shaking my head. 

Driver:  cobralogo.png.60692cdc05482efd83e68664e010b95f.png Aerojet LS, Ventus Blue Shaft - 6S
4 Wood:  callaway.png.e65d398fb0327017a369499fc6126064.png Rogue ST Max 16.5, Tensei White Shaft - 7S
Utility Iron: mizunopro.png.90cc4fb9895830e28063d9a5be416145.png Fli Hi 3-iron, HAZARDOUS Smoke Black Shaft - S
Irons:  mizuno.png.f0e7b21135cb6273b3c1430866904467.png JPX 921 Tour 4-P, Project X Shafts - Stiff 125g
Wedges: cleveland.png.f21f4d2361520fdf1bbd9d515a2f11e6.png 52º, 56º, 60º
Putter:  odyssey.png.58c727e37eb7efda62bce4f7b8881bd9.png Ai-One 7 T CH, 34"
Preferred Ball: srixon.png.f177578dda27a20ef80a0a8b1ae96e3b.png Z-Star Diamond
Pushcart: bagboy.jpg.0dda53b5175958e1b5686f22b90af744.jpg Nitron
Rangefinder: bushnell.jpg.c51debd06066fa243dea7f14d69a8dba.jpg Tour V5 Shift

5 minutes ago, Preeway said:

Totally agree. Terrible personal foul call and even worse no call on the PI left me shaking my head. 

I am pretty convinced the no call on P.I. was a "make up" call. I know that the NFL and officials will not acknowledge that those "exist" but that was clear interference and with the position the officials are in they had to see it. I feel like if the game isn't on the line they call it which is bogus, and I am saying that as a Packers fan. Packers benefitted from that just like the Chiefs benefitted from the unnecessary roughness and the clock stoppage. Officials for sure needed to be better.

Driver: :titleist-small: TSi3 9* Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

Fairways: :cobra-small: Aerojet Max 3W & 7W MCA Kai'Li White 60 Stiff

Hybrid: :cobra-small: King TEC 3H MCA MMT 85g Stiff

Irons: :cobra-small: Aerojet 6-GW KBS $-taper Lite Stiff

Wedges: :cobra-small: Snakebite Black 52/56/60 Hi-Rev 2.0 Black Stiff

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2.0

Ball: :maxfli: Tour X :titleist-small: ProV1x

#LeftyGang

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge (link here)

Unofficial FootJoy Hyperflex BOA 2023 Review

Unofficial Flightscope Mevo Review

1 hour ago, sirchunksalot said:

Must be nice to sleep in. 🤣

Funny guy. But I’m in Florida now and you’re not! LOL

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

4 hours ago, EasyPutter said:

Good morning MGSpies on an it couldn't be a more different and unpredictable Monday than I could imagine. Heading to NC to get what family support can be given for younger brother who's had a major medical event and needs someone to help my nephews get things sorted out with their father. Too soon for prognosis, will try to check in as I usually do but these are exceptional times and work must yield when such distance is involved.  Keeping it real though, I did throw the clubs in the vehicle because any opportunity, there's golf weather down there. On my way with several hours left in the journey. 

Hope golf is a part of your day ⛳

Prayers for your brother and your family. 🙏 

:titleist-small: TSi3 10° w/ Mitsubishi Tensei 1K Black 65g

:titleist-small: TS2 15° 3W w/ Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0 70g

:titleist-small: 818 H1 21° Hybrid w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 70g

:mizuno-small: MP-18 MMC 2 iron w/ KBS Tour C-Taper S 120g

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 HM 5-GW w/ Project X LZ 5.5 115g

:Sub70: JB Forged 54° & 58° w/ Project X LZ 6.0 120g

:EVNROLL: EV5.3 Black

46 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

Good Morning everyone!  Oops!  Just past noon!  Back from my visit to the Ortho doc about my right knee.  New X-rays taken and it's a little worse than two years ago, but they thought I could put off replacement until next November.  The kneecap is bone-on-bone.  It's stable side-to-side so I can get by with a neoprene brace, and if it flares up again, I can get a shot.  No real sharp pain, just more of an ache now.  Playing golf yesterday was OK, except I had a little trouble putting a tee in the ground and getting the ball out of the cup.  Fortunately, my wife did that most of the time.

@EasyPutter Safe travels and prayers going out to you and your family.

Raining again today.  I wish those guys in Seattle would stop sending their weather this way... I'm talking to you @No3PuttLaLa!!  We have a tee time tomorrow!!

I'm glad to hear that you call out the replacement off until November and hopefully the brace will help alleviate the pain.

@EasyPutter, I'm sorry to hear about your brother. You guys are in my thoughts and prayers. 

Prayers for all of you @EasyPutter

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

5 minutes ago, Josh Parker said:

Happy Tuesday!

Had a good evening yesterday with family and friends going to the annual Christmas tree lighting and made some chili that turned out great.  

Busy morning but hoping to hit the course this afternoon.

Have a great day!

Surely it was a true excellent Texas Chili and not beef and bean soup,🤠😉