The Good Morning Thread

GolfSpy_APH

6 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

Good morning everyone! 

It's a later start to the morning for me, but isn't that what vacation is for? I was up late last night putting my wife's new desk together after playing 18 at Bear Trace. I'm ecstatic after my round where I shot my best score in a year (102) on a difficult course and being able to successfully navigate several sand shots around the green. If my driver would have been halfway decent, I could have broken 100.

Happy birthday to @JohnSmalls, @ParFore74x, and @TK_! I hope you fellas have a great one.

I have some errands to run today, we're donating my wife's old desk to ReStore where we bought it and heading to Walmart to return some C clamps. 

I hope y'all have a great day!

Congrats on the round!

TSR1, 9*, TPT Nitro 17 Lo

TSR1, 15*, TPT Power Range Fairway 17 Lo 

TSR2, Hybrid, 18*, TPT Power Range Hybrid 17 Lo

RBZ Tour4 Hybrid, 21.5*, S 

T-200, (2023), 5-PW,  SteelFiber, i95cw, S 

Vokey Design, 50,54,58, Dynamic Gold S200

Studio Select, Newport 1.5

ELIXR (2022), MaxFli Tour S (2024)

37 minutes ago, JFish350 said:

IF????? I was told it could come back for a week or two but will go away. I hope that the case. If I can play golf and be hurting 2. hrs later and get back to a working out on a normal schedule, I'll take it. I know I'm not 25, but I don't want to feel like I'm 90. 

Again I don't know how long you've had this problem. The longer you've had it, the longer it takes to get over it even with surgery.

Obsessed with chasing the dimpled orb.

More about me:  WITB type stuff

Fit For Golf tester 2024

50 minutes ago, ILMgolfnut said:

Again I don't know how long you've had this problem. The longer you've had it, the longer it takes to get over it even with surgery.

Ahhhh I see what you’re saying. It’s only been really bad for about year.  But have had issues for years. 

Sub 70 949 D 9* HZRUDS 60G 6.5 smoke RDX shaft. 

Sub 70 949X 4 wood ALDILA ABV 65-S shaft

Sub 70 699 Pro 4-AW 

Sub 70 3 utility 19*

Callaway 56 and 58 wedge. 

OG White Hot #1 putter

6 minutes ago, MattWillGolf said:

I've contemplated using the Pro V1 for some time. But given the level of my game and my penchant for the slice I have held off from taking the plunge. But my wife kindly gave me a dozen Pro V1s for Father's Day. I have since hit my longest drive of the season, 240 yards. And I noticed that my slices are anywhere near as "slicey". Instead of being deep in the trees and now between the fairway and the trees. This bears further watching as it could all be coincidental. 

I’m usually in the Srixon Q-Star Tour/TM Tour Response/Maxfli Tour/Wilson Triad range.  I need some launch help with driver and Pro V1x seems to give just a bit of that help.

Driver:  Ping G425 Max (10.5º; Regular )

Fwy:  Cobra King SZ (3; Regular); Ping G410 (5; Regular)

Hybrids: Ping G410 (22º and 26º; Regular)

Irons: Cleveland Launcher XL (6-U)

Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 (54º/12º), and Ping Glide 3.0 Eye2 (58º/8º)

Putter:  Ping Karsten Anser X

6 minutes ago, tdc1 said:

I’m usually in the Srixon Q-Star Tour/TM Tour Response/Maxfli Tour/Wilson Triad range.  I need some launch help with driver and Pro V1x seems to give just a bit of that help.

I don't need launch help with the driver. I was a challenge to my fitter. High launch with a slice. Which is how I ended up in an 8-degree set to 9-degrees which closes the face over a straight 9-degree driver.

image.png.ec65754993cb81a3d0a7d15c70ab8fd1.png  Anyday Maverick Black Ops 7-way

:PXG: 0311 Black Ops 8° w/Mitsubishi Diamana S+ 60

:PXG: 0311 XF 3 wood 16° w/Fujikura Motore X F3

:PXG:0211 Hybrid 3 19° w/Project X Even Flow Riptide

:ping-small: G410 Crossover 4 w/Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Blue 70

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym X 6 - GW w/True Temper Elevate MPH Official Forum Test

:vokey-small: SM9 54°/12° D and 58°/12° D w/KBS Tour 110

image.png.0f5b009ff3d83fdae5e2e361f9676226.png DF3 w/BGT Stability ONE Forum Test

:EVNROLL: ER11v 34”  Evnroll ER11v Official Forum Test

Shot Scope Pro LX+ Pro LX+ Official Forum Test

:OnCore: Elixr 

:Clicgear: 3.5+

9 hours ago, Jim Shaw said:

ok, good morning spy’s…

after much thought and help from my coach, and @Ricky Bobbyand @cnosil I have come to the conclusion that I have always had a “one piece” takeaway” that is the way I was taught in the 60’s and it has worked pretty well so far,

not sure what I did other than say don't go down the youtube rabbit hole (I sometimes need to listen to my own advice) You are obviously a great player and I just doubted you made a significant change to your swing to cause the shot issues or that you needed to make significant changes.   If I were guessing; and that is all I am doing,  it is probably an alignment or ball position issue;  something that has just crept out norm and isn't extremely noticeable.     Hoping you figure it out. 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Paradym AI Smoke Max HL  16.5* w/MCA TENSEI AV Series Blue
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

11 hours ago, Northern Monkey said:

My daughter lives in Inverness and reckons it’s virtually always raining

How does she understand anyone?? I used to work with two guys. One from Inverness and the other from Dornoch. Every day four of us would go for lunch. The two Scots, my boss who lived in Sunbury and me. One day my boss asked me if I understood anything the other guys were saying.  "Nope, might as well be sitting with the Algerians because they were speaking a language I could not fathom." My boss tells me that he thought I couldn't understand them because they were talking with me.  

We were doing a construction job for BP in Algeria at the time. 

Driver :taylormade-small: Sim Max2

Hybrids :ping-small: G430 2, 3, 4

Irons :srixon-small: ZX4 6-PW

Wedges :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 50, 54, 58

Putter :odyssey-small: 2Ball Ten ArmLock

Golf cart MGI Zip Navigator

:Arccos:

11 hours ago, Northern Monkey said:

My daughter lives in Inverness and reckons it’s virtually always raining

How does she understand anyone?? I used to work with two guys. One from Inverness and the other from Dornoch. Every day four of us would go for lunch. The two Scots, my boss who lived in Sunbury and me. One day my boss asked me if I understood anything the other guys were saying.  "Nope, might as well be sitting with the Algerians because they were speaking a language I could not fathom." My boss tells me that he thought I couldn't understand them because they were talking with me.  

We were doing a construction job for BP in Algeria at the time. 

Driver :taylormade-small: Sim Max2

Hybrids :ping-small: G430 2, 3, 4

Irons :srixon-small: ZX4 6-PW

Wedges :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 50, 54, 58

Putter :odyssey-small: 2Ball Ten ArmLock

Golf cart MGI Zip Navigator

:Arccos:

Has anyone been able to contact @Dead Solid Bogey ? It's been a week. I'm hoping he and the misses are ok.  Prayers forthcoming. 

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

7 minutes ago, Rob Person said:

Has anyone been able to contact @Dead Solid Bogey ? It's been a week. I'm hoping he and the misses are ok.  Prayers forthcoming. 

Asked this same question a little over a week ago... @Erin B pm'd @Dead Solid Bogey but has not heard back. Others advised that he had said something about traveling for work, so we all are in the same boat on this one...

TSR1, 9*, TPT Nitro 17 Lo

TSR1, 15*, TPT Power Range Fairway 17 Lo 

TSR2, Hybrid, 18*, TPT Power Range Hybrid 17 Lo

RBZ Tour4 Hybrid, 21.5*, S 

T-200, (2023), 5-PW,  SteelFiber, i95cw, S 

Vokey Design, 50,54,58, Dynamic Gold S200

Studio Select, Newport 1.5

ELIXR (2022), MaxFli Tour S (2024)