Testers Announced! Stix Golf Sets ×

MYGOLFSPY FORUM MEMBER MATCH PLAY EVENT

Message added by GolfSpy TCB,

image.png     

Match Play Sign Up  

166 members have voted

1. 1. Please Enter Me in the MGS Forum Member Match Play - I understand I will be required to play and post one round per week for 4 or 5 weeks starting September 1st.

• Yes, I would like to play in the Match Play
    • No, I am not able to play, but will watch the results and root on my fellow MGS Members
  2. 2. Please Consider Me for a Team Captain (I understand that I will be responsible to select my team participants and ensure all 2 Person teams are submitted to the Tournament Committee each week - I also understand that Teams are limited and I may not be chosen as Captain).

• Yes, I would like to be considered as a Captain
    • No, I would llke to participate as a player only
    • No, I'm not able to participate in the Match Play Event.

1 minute ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

This sounds like fun but September is a busy “work” travel month. Three of the four weeks I’m on the road. Lots of customer golf tournaments but they are all scramble format so I couldn’t use any scores. But let me dig deeper into the schedules if I’m home on weekends or have a practice round before a tournament I might be able to join in.

Hope you can work it out Tom.. would love to have you in the field. 

• Titleist TSR3 9* (A2 setting) Driver - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Titleist TSR2+ 3 Wood - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • Titleist Vokey SM9 50-08, 54-10 & 58-08
  • Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 2.5
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

Will have to look at my sept schedule.  @GolfSpy BOS, @GolfSpy TCB if we have a week where we can’t get a full 18 hole round in, can we combine two 9-holers? GHIN gives a course hdcp for each of our courses tees as well as front and back 9 handicaps.

Edited by GaryF

:callaway-small: Driver: Fusion, 9 deg, UST Recoil 450 ES F3/2

:ping-small: 430 MAX 4w (5w head delofted 1* with 3w shaft), 7w, 5h w/ Alta CB Soft Regular shaft

:mizuno-small: JPX923 HM 6i - GW w/ UST Recoil 460 ESX F3

:cleveland-small: RTX6 52* and 56* with Recoil 760 ESX F2 

:odyssey-small: Versa DB DoubleWide 

:srixon-small:: Z-Star Tour

11 minutes ago, GaryF said:

Will have to look at my sept schedule.  @GolfSpy BOS, if we have a week where we can’t get a full 18 hole round in, can we combine two 9-holers? GHIN gives a course hdcp for each of our courses tees as well as front and back 9 handicaps.

This is my question as well. Can there be a 9 hole format? I THINK I could get 18 in with combined rounds or normal, but not 100% sure. 

Driver: :titleist-small: TSi3 9* Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

Fairways: :cobra-small: Aerojet Max 3W & 7W MCA Kai'Li White 60 Stiff

Hybrid: :cobra-small: King TEC 3H MCA MMT 85g Stiff

Irons: :cobra-small: Aerojet 6-GW KBS $-taper Lite Stiff

Wedges: :cobra-small: Snakebite Black 52/56/60 Hi-Rev 2.0 Black Stiff

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2.0

Ball: :maxfli: Tour X :titleist-small: ProV1x

#LeftyGang

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge (link here)

Unofficial FootJoy Hyperflex BOA 2023 Review

Unofficial Flightscope Mevo Review

15 minutes ago, Jnoble89 said:

This is my question as well. Can there be a 9 hole format? I THINK I could get 18 in with combined rounds or normal, but not 100% sure. 

An app like GHIN will combine 2 consecutive 9 hole rounds into a single scorecard.  If they allow this I would think we’d submit a photo of the combined (18 hole) scorecard so they can figure out the net score unless they have an app (Golf Genius?), spreadsheet or online entry template that computes a hole-by-hole net score based on the players CHDCP.

Edited by GaryF

:ping-small: 430 MAX 4w (5w head delofted 1* with 3w shaft), 7w, 5h w/ Alta CB Soft Regular shaft

41 minutes ago, GaryF said:

An app like GHIN will combine 2 consecutive 9 hole rounds into a single scorecard.  If they allow this I would think we’d submit a photo of the combined (18 hole) scorecard so they can figure out the net score unless they have an app (Golf Genius?), spreadsheet or online entry template that computes a hole-by-hole net score based on the players CHDCP.

I think we can work with that.   Given the time of year, some courses will be closing down nine holes to aerate greens or prepare for dare I say it fall and winter (which means snow for some and tourists for others).  So, we could run into situations of having to play the same nine twice or two nines on different days.  Since our course aerates four times during the summer,  when we play the same nine twice, the recalculated 18-hole rating and slope changes and will be higher or lower depending on which side we double up on.  As long as the GHIN can give us an accurate 18 hole course handicap for the combined two nine holes we should be alright.  

In the end, we want to have fun with this tournament and be as inclusive as we can.   

Ping G430 Max driver 10.5 degrees with an Alta Quick45 gram senior shaft
Callaway Epic 3 wood, Project X Evenflow Green 45 gram senior shaft  
Callaway GBB Epic Heavenwood, with a Mitsubishi Diamana 50 gram senior shaft
Ping G 20.5 degree 7 wood, with a stock Alta 65 gram senior shaft
Ping G 26 degree hybrid, stock Alta 65 gram senior shaft
Callaway Paradym X irons, 7-AW with Aldila Ascent Blue 50 graphite shafts
Edison wedges:  50, 55 and 60 degree, KBS Tour Graphite A flex shafts
Putters:  L.A.B. Direct Force 2.1 putter, 34.5" long, 67 degrees lie

2022 MGS Tester:  Shot Scope Pro XL+ with H4  

9 minutes ago, Golf2Much said:

I think we can work with that.   Given the time of year, some courses will be closing down nine holes to aerate greens or prepare for dare I say it fall and winter (which means snow for some and tourists for others).  So, we could run into situations of having to play the same nine twice or two nines on different days.  Since our course aerates four times during the summer,  when we play the same nine twice, the recalculated 18-hole rating and slope changes and will be higher or lower depending on which side we double up on.  As long as the GHIN can give us an accurate 18 hole course handicap for the combined two nine holes we should be alright.  

In the end, we want to have fun with this tournament and be as inclusive as we can.   

One of our courses here has 3 par 5s and 2 par 3s on the front par37), and 2 par 5s and 3 par 3s on the back (par 35). When we play, we almost always start on the front and don’t have a choice.  As long as they only care about the net score for each hole, it shouldn’t matter.  It would certainly make it easier if we have that flexibility.  Our weather in GA starts to ease up in sept but beginning of the month is still pretty hot.  Playing 18 right now can be brutal. 

I haven't answered the poll yet, but this sounds like fun!

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Test Currently In ProgressFit For Golf 2.0

Sounds like a great time!

Driver: ping.png.e3ed5628ca52a8b2c125dee1b870da4f.png g410 (Mitsubishi Tensei Orange 65g) | Mini Driver: TaylorMade BRNR Mini Copper (Kai’Li Blue 70g) | 3 Wood: 70-707561_cobra-logo-png-transparent-cobra-golf-logo-vector.png-removebg-preview.png.b72d599215d4665a747b0adcf37e74ae.png LTDx (Project X HZRDUS Smoke IM10) | Utility Iron: Sub70 699 v2 Utility (20° Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 90g)) | pxg.png.1f27c0c70c160b03f2f988ce62043156.png XCOR2 0211 5-GW (DG Tour Series S300) | Wedges (52, 56, 60): mizuno2.png.a20033d8eca70bb4ac47d0bc51dfd514.png T22 Blue Ion (DG  Tour Series S400) | Putter: Myproject-12.png.a10a6f62037a1d622840ac8f721d759f.png Versa Double-Wide Blade (Stroke Lab shaft) | Ball: mizuno2.png.a20033d8eca70bb4ac47d0bc51dfd514.png RB Tour X

Baseball player turned golf addict. 

Cool, I have a round a week already scheduled for September.  Let's go!

• Driver - Ping G400 9°, Project-X Evenflow Black 6.0S 65 gr. 
  • FW - TM M3 3-wood 15°, Project-X HZRDUS Red 6.0 75 gr. mid-spin
  • Hybrid - TM M4 19°, Project-X Evenflow Black 6.0S 85 gr. HY 
  • Irons - TM P790, 3-PW, Oban CT-115, PXG 311 P Gen 6
  • Wedges - Mizuno T20 Ion blue 52/9 & 56/14, N.S. Pro Modus3 S-flex
  • Putter - Evnroll ER2 Garsen Max grip
  • Getting a grip - oversize Winn DryTacs and Bionic gloves
  • Ball - ProV1, AVX, Maxfli Tour, PXG
  • Bag(s)/cart - Vessel Player III Rovic RV1S and Alphard V2

Calling all lefties! My plan is to make an all lefty squad. If you want to join or be one then I'll take the first 4 that tag me!

@TSauer @Jnoble89 and others? 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

Ok Team BNG(name to be determined) is open for business. Trade happy fantasy sports guys/gals are a welcome site but I’m not gonna discriminate. Be sure to fill out the poll and send me a pm.  

What is in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS Pros 4-PW with Steelfiber I95s 

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge shaft

Putters: :L.A.B.: Mezz.1 34” 69* lie

:EVNROLL: EV5.1 black 33.5” 69* lie

Ok, I'm in. What else do I have to do with my time?  😀

:Sub70:Driver : Sub70 839D

:Sub70:3 wood Sub 70 pro

:Sub70: Hybrid Sub 70 849 18*

:Sub70:Hybrid Sub 70 839 21*

:Sub70:Irons Sub 70 639 combo

:Sub70:Wedges Sub 70 659 approach 50*, 286 full face groove 54*

:seemore-small:Putter FGP

:titleist-small:Ball  Titleist AVX

Grips: Best Grips std leather

2 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Calling all lefties! My plan is to make an all lefty squad. If you want to join or be one then I'll take the first 4 that tag me!

@GolfSpy_APH I am in! #LeftyGang

#LeftyGang

23 hours ago, GolfSpy TCB said:

Make sure to complete the poll at the top of the page so I don't miss you when we start building teams 🙂 

So you are going to build teams by blind draw or some random scenario? or are we going to need try to team up? As much as I love to pick a partner sometimes, I find the blind draw partnering to be a fun way to mix things up and keep everyone guessing. This could be interesting. Especially with everyone playing different courses. Great idea folks. 

• Driver - Ping G400 9°, Project-X Evenflow Black 6.0S 65 gr. 
  • FW - TM M3 3-wood 15°, Project-X HZRDUS Red 6.0 75 gr. mid-spin
  • Hybrid - TM M4 19°, Project-X Evenflow Black 6.0S 85 gr. HY 
  • Irons - TM P790, 3-PW, Oban CT-115, PXG 311 P Gen 6
  • Wedges - Mizuno T20 Ion blue 52/9 & 56/14, N.S. Pro Modus3 S-flex
  • Putter - Evnroll ER2 Garsen Max grip
  • Getting a grip - oversize Winn DryTacs and Bionic gloves
  • Ball - ProV1, AVX, Maxfli Tour, PXG
  • Bag(s)/cart - Vessel Player III Rovic RV1S and Alphard V2

2 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

I won’t be able to play after the second week of September. I’ll be out of commission for a little bit, or I’d join you guys! I hope you end up getting a group of all lefties though, I’ll be cheering you on from the sideline! 

#LeftyGang

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

Sorry everyone, I was ignoring my duties as VCT Commish for a few hours while playing a poor round of golf earlier today (soon to be posted in this week's VCT).  

I'll see if I can clarify a few of the questions:

• 9 hole rounds are ok, as mentioned... the course handicap rules apply for the 9 hole score AND you will need to play both of the 9 hole rounds in the same week.  We are setting this up to be a weekly match, so we need to have the final 18 hole scores in for each week.  
  • As you can see above... some of the Forum Staff are already reaching out to build their teams.  I mentioned in the flyer that we are intending to have two divisions... one division will be 5 teams Captained by Forum Staff.  The other Division will be 5 Member Captains (to be determined)

Based on the poll, we have 36 players already signed up.  If we stay with 2 divisions with 5 teams, each with 4 players... that is 40 players... so we are almost there... but if the numbers exceed 40... We'll see what we can do to ensure everyone can participate in the match play event. 

Member captains will need to be selected by drawing since it appears we have interest in more than 5 (Non-forum staff).  I want to give everyone a chance to see the announcement, so I will wait until Monday to select the other 5 Captains.  Then everyone can start building their teams either by reaching out directly to the players on the "participate" list, or just posting an open call to join your team here in the thread.  

Hope that helps clarify. 

Let me know if you have questions... @Golf2Much and I want to make sure we have all the "what-if" questions addressed before we start play... it will be wild and crazy with all the scores coming in!!

• Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

3 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Allow me to suggest you name yourselves "Team Sinister". The word "sinister" is from latin, and means left-handed. It got the modern meaning from the old superstition that left handers were, well, sinister!

Moose, my cat, is Siamese

Will you need to play the same course each week or does it matter? I manage a large golf group here in the Sarasota area and we rotate to different courses each week. So, in theory I could potentially play 4 or 5 different courses during this match play event. It sounds like a fun way to get people interacting more.

Driver: Callaway Epic Speed 9* - Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 65, Stiff

3 Wood: Callaway Epic Flash 3 Wood 14* - Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 75, Stiff

Hybrids: Callaway Epic Flash #3 17* - Mitsubishi Tensei AV Silver 70, Stiff

Callaway Epic Flash #4 20* - Mitsubishi Tensei AV Silver 70, Stiff

Callaway Epic Flash #5 23* - Mitsubishi Tensei AV Silver 70, Stiff

Callaway Epic Flash #6 26* - Mitsubishi Tensei AV Silver 65, Regular

Irons: Ping G430, Red Dot, 7, 8, 9, W, 45.5*, 50*, ALTA CB BLACK, Regular

Wedges: Edison Forged - 55*, KBS PGI 80, Regular 2* Flat

Putter: Odyssey Toe Up #1, Ball: Vice Pro

20 minutes ago, MC3157 said:

Will you need to play the same course each week or does it matter? I manage a large golf group here in the Sarasota area and we rotate to different courses each week. So, in theory I could potentially play 4 or 5 different courses during this match play event. It sounds like a fun way to get people interacting more.

Different courses from week to week are ok 🙂

• Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

4 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

You can’t win on the wrong side of the ball!!! Ha ha

Play like a champion today!

Calling all captains (and potential captains come Monday).  I'm available to be drafted.  Unless we have a hurricane in the next five weeks, we should have hot, but playable weather.  My scores have turned the corner a bit over the last week or so and I'm getting used to the Paradym X irons that I reviewed earlier this year.  I've played in both the previous two tournaments (Turkey Shoot last fall and Two Ball Championship this past March), so I have some experience in these virtual tournaments.  

Best of all, I play three times a week, so I can offer up my best round of the week for the team!

So, when the captains begin the draft process, think of me and give me a call.  I won't let you down!

I feel so cheap with all of this self-promotion!

Ping G430 Max driver 10.5 degrees with an Alta Quick45 gram senior shaft
Callaway Epic 3 wood, Project X Evenflow Green 45 gram senior shaft  
Callaway GBB Epic Heavenwood, with a Mitsubishi Diamana 50 gram senior shaft
Ping G 20.5 degree 7 wood, with a stock Alta 65 gram senior shaft
Ping G 26 degree hybrid, stock Alta 65 gram senior shaft
Callaway Paradym X irons, 7-AW with Aldila Ascent Blue 50 graphite shafts
Edison wedges:  50, 55 and 60 degree, KBS Tour Graphite A flex shafts
Putters:  L.A.B. Direct Force 2.1 putter, 34.5" long, 67 degrees lie

2022 MGS Tester:  Shot Scope Pro XL+ with H4  

23 hours ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

This sounds like fun but September is a busy “work” travel month. Three of the four weeks I’m on the road. Lots of customer golf tournaments but they are all scramble format so I couldn’t use any scores. But let me dig deeper into the schedules if I’m home on weekends or have a practice round before a tournament I might be able to join in.

I got it all worked out. I’m in.

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

7 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Need a fourth?

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

I hate that I can't make this event, it sounds like a fun time. I'm still healing from an injury and am about to go crazy because I can't play golf right now. 

I will be following along and after the teams are posted up, I'll find one to root for and try to support you guys. 

Thanks to @GolfSpy TCB for setting this up and I hope y'all play well. 

3 hours ago, Javs said:

You can’t win on the wrong side of the ball!!! Ha ha

Might wanna check the final standings in the Cobra Challenge and then re-visit your comment 😜 haha!

#LeftyGang

Never done this before with you guys, but excited to get started!

Driver: Ping G430 Max 10K 9º | Ping Tour 2.0 Black 75S

Fairway Wood: Ping G430 Max 3W 15º | Ping Tour 2.0 Chrome 75S

Hybrids: Ping G425 Max 3H 19º | Tensei Orange 80S & Ping 4i iCrossover 22.5° | Ping Tour 2.0 Chrome 85S

Irons: Mizuno JPX921 Forged (5-GW) | Dynamic Gold 120 S300

Wedges: Ping s159 54º & 58º | PING Z-Z115

Putter: TaylorMade Spider Tour

Ball: ProV1x

Sounds like a great time!

Driver: Mizuno STZ, HZRDUS Smoke Green 60S, 9.5 Degree 

3 Wood:  Taylormade M2 (2019)

Hybrids:  Callaway Epic Super Hybrid 21 degree, Mizuno JPX Fli-Hi 4

Irons:  Adams XTD (Looking to upgrade!)

Wedges:  Taylormade Milled Grind

Putter:  Odyssey #7

Ball: Vice Pro Plus, Taylormade Tp5x, Kirkland 

Push Cart Mafia - Clicgear 4.0  (See more here)