Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

What Golf Ball Are You Playing In 2024?

Going to play a mix of Vice Pro and Vice ProPlus.  Last year I tried the Maxfli ball and it was very good.  I sometimes will grab ProV1X's for tournament or interclub play, but Vice has proven to be a very good choice for me.  Will the Pro's while it is a bit cooler and then go to the ProPlus when it warms up.  

10 handicap 

I live in NC, golf as often as possible, play the Amateur Players Tour when I can 

I’ve jump around quite a bit in golf balls and it seems I always return to the ProV1.  I have many like new ProV’s going back to 2011 and though the ball may have “changed” or so they say every newer version is better than the last, I really can’t tell a difference in any of the year models.   Distance wise I don’t see any significant difference in any regulation ball out there.  

Callaway B21, Callaway Epic 3W, PXG Gen 4 irons, Odyssey Tank putter

When the season kicks off I will be trying the Snell MTB Prime. My wife gave me a dozen for Christmas. Last season I tried and liked the Wilson Triad and the TaylorMade Tour Response Stripe. 

:ping-small: CB-P226 Hoofer Cart Bag

:PXG: 0311 Black Ops 8° w/Mitsubishi Diamana S+ 60

:PXG: 0311 XF 3 wood 16° w/Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue

:PXG: 0211 19° Hybrid w/Project X Even Flow Riptide

:ping-small: G410 Crossover 4 w/Mitsubishi Tensei Blue

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym X 6 - GW w/True Temper Elevate MPH Official Forum Test

:vokey-small: SM9 54°/12° D and 58°/12° D w/KBS Tour 110

:EVNROLL: ER11v 34”  Evnroll ER11v Official Forum Test

Shot Scope Pro LX+ Pro LX+ Official Forum Test

:Snell:  MTB prime

:Clicgear: 3.5+

ProV1 unless the Whitebox and Callaway surprise me! 

Brandon Johnson, MBA
COO / Co-founder North American Golf Tour 

www.northamericangolftour.com

e: [email protected]

WITB: 

• D - Taylormade M1 w/ tensie pro orange 
  • 3w- Taylormade M1 w/ tensie pro orange 
  • 2i - Srixon 
  • 4- 5 Srixon 785 
  • 6- 9 Srixon z blades 
  • PW, GW, SW, LW Cleveland rtx 
  • true temper shafts in all of my irons 
  • putter - Odyssey #9

5 hours ago, LinksgolfFever said:

I made the switch to ODIN golf and the X1 version of their ball in December, and will be playing this ball in 2024.  I was very happy with the experience.  During the review @Jordan ODIN Golf was very involved following our posts and quick to respond for any questions.  See my full review here:

So great having ya in the crew!!

Co-founder @ ODIN Golf

[email protected]

Go Balls Out. Always!

android-chrome-192x192.png.040010f38f20daf1a4a36fb7cac0f7ac.png

I'll be sticking with my Vice Pro that I've been using for the last 4 or 5 years now. I always wait till they send me a code for free printing and then get my own graphic printed on them and buy 10 dozen at a time. Making them less expensive overall and they perform just as well as Pro V1's in my opinion. At least for my game they do and they are half the price!! A win-win for me. And since it's already printed with my graphic, then I don't have to worry about marking the ball.

Driver: Callaway Epic Speed 9* - Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 65, Stiff

3 Wood: Callaway Epic Flash 3 Wood 14* - Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 75, Stiff

Hybrids: Callaway Epic Flash #3 17* - Mitsubishi Tensei AV Silver 70, Stiff

Callaway Epic Flash #4 20* - Mitsubishi Tensei AV Silver 70, Stiff

Callaway Epic Flash #5 23* - Mitsubishi Tensei AV Silver 70, Stiff

Callaway Epic Flash #6 26* - Mitsubishi Tensei AV Silver 65, Regular

Irons: Ping G430, Red Dot, 7, 8, 9, W, 45.5*, 50*, ALTA CB BLACK, Regular

Wedges: Edison Forged - 55*, KBS PGI 80, Regular 2* Flat

Putter: Odyssey Toe Up #1, Ball: Vice Pro

warm days - Left dash

cold days - Pro V

Reside in Roseville, California

Driver: :srixon-small: ZX-5 MK2 LS. Riptide LX, TX (9.5 & 10.5)

3-Wood: :taylormade-small: Stealth (15*), Riptide X-Stiff

Hybrid: :ping-small: G400 2H 17 Deg,  Graphite Design Tour AD YSQ, X-stiff

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 921 HMP 4-GW, Proj X Lz

Wedge: :titelist-small: SM9 54 deg, 10 bounce, & SM9 58 deg, 8 bounce, DG TI S400 (courtesy of winning MGS Masters Pool!)

Flat Stick:  :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled #4

Well, I'll probably grab a dozen or so of the AVX when I can get them from my pro shop, since I really liked them when testing;  of course, I'll wait until I've tested these new Callaway balls to see what they are like.  Besides, I have a trunk full of Pro Vs that I have found on the course, so I don't think I'm going to run out anytime soon!

:Sub70:Driver : Sub70 839D

:Sub70:3 wood Sub 70 pro

:Sub70: Hybrid Sub 70 849 18*

:Sub70:Hybrid Sub 70 839 21*

:Sub70:Irons Sub 70 639 combo

:Sub70:Wedges Sub 70 659 approach 50*, 286 full face groove 54*

:seemore-small:Putter FGP

:titleist-small:Ball  Titleist AVX

Grips: Best Grips std leather

57 minutes ago, jamesstarns said:

I’ve jump around quite a bit in golf balls and it seems I always return to the ProV1.  I have many like new ProV’s going back to 2011 and though the ball may have “changed” or so they say every newer version is better than the last, I really can’t tell a difference in any of the year models.   Distance wise I don’t see any significant difference in any regulation ball out there.  

I read or saw a video somewhere that there was a test of the original Pro V1 and I think a 2020 model, somewhere around that year. There was a minimal difference in yardage but the original scuffed more.

Driver: Callaway Epic 9 degree, stiff (set at 10 degrees with the movable weight in the center}

FW: Callaway Epic 3,5, heaven wood w/ regular shaft (driver shaft in 3 wood, 3 wood shaft in 5 wood, 5 wood shaft in heaven wood, all three set at neutral plus 1 degree)

Hybrids: Callaway BB19 4,6,7 (4 set at neutral plus 1 degree and 6 and 7 set at neutral minus 1 degree for gapping purposes)

Irons: Callaway Rogue ST Max 8, 9, PW 

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM6 50,54,58

Ball: Titleist Pro V1, 1X, Vice Pro Plus or anything I find that day and try out for the fun of it (I haven't bought balls with my own money in at least 10 years)

I am playing the Callaway Hex Tour from FoundGolfballs.com. They offer balls that are a good value for me and they perform as expected for my level of play.

"It's only rock and roll...but I like it." - Mick Jagger

"It is not the will to win that matters-Everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters." - Paul "Bear" Bryant

"If anything is worth doing, it is worth doing with all your heart." - the Buddha

What's in the bag:

Driver Taylormade Qi10 Standard, 3W Callaway RazrFit Extreme, 5W - Cobra Fly Z XL, Wilson D9 4 hybrid, Heat II Single Length Irons 5-SW, Snake Eyes 60' LW

What's on my feet: Squarz/Under Armour Charged Draw 2

Bag Boy Quad XL Push Cart w/Bag Boy CB15 bag

Where I play:  Baja Country Club - Ensenada, Baja Califorinia, Mexico/Bajamar Oceanfront Golf Resort, Ensenada, Baja California, Mexico

Maxfli tour is my go to.  I haven't decided what version i'm sticking with of three versions the Tour S, Tour, or Tour X.  I am currently playing the Tour S in the colder weather.  I just shot my personal best of the year with it on Sunday 39-37 for a 76.

They are such a great value especially if you buy it 4 dozen at a time.  I was sure to go stock up as some as they signed Lexi as I am sure the price is headed up soon.

I absolutely love the looks I get when I announce what ball I am playing on the first tee.  The looks are priceless.  It's so strange how people don't know about this ball.

Edited by Rhinosparky
grammar

TaylorMade Tour Response is my primary ball.

MaxFli Tour is my 2nd.  

The TM balls can often be found on Ebay for a lot less usually.  Just have to be patient.  

Driver: Ping G425 Max 10.5 Fujikara Speeder NX 50r

#3, #5, #7 fairway woods 1 Iron Golf

5-LW irons 1 Iron Golf

Scotty Cameron Del Mar

Lefties Rule!

I figured this thread would get a few responses but my goodness you all killed it! Great feedback form all thanks!

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

Maxfli Tour X guy myself. However, I am intrigued by both the TP5x and Bridgestone balls that are coming out this year. Not sure what I am going to decide on yet...

DRIVER :titleist-small: TSR3 9* Ventus TR Blue TX 70g,

3 WOOD:titleist-small: TSR3 15* Ventus TR Red TX 80g,

5 WOOD :titleist-small: TSR3 18* Ventus Blue VC TX 90g

IRONS:srixon-small: ZX7 MKII (5, 6, & 7), Z Forged (8, 9, &PW)

WEDGES:vokey-small: SM9 50* D Grind, 54* D Grind, & 60* M Grind

PUTTER:taylormade-small: Spider Tour 36", SuperStroke ZENERGY XL TOUR 3.0+ w/50g counterbalance weight

BALL - Maxfli Tour X, :taylormade-small: TP5x, & :bridgestone-small: Tour B X (Testing)

Home Course: Snowflake Municipal 

Lobo.jpg

My cheap butt plays the special edition vice pro plus or pro and I always split 5 or 6 dozen with a couple buddies. 

I really like looking down at a fun golf ball knowing someone will be happy to find it in the deep rough or the woods when I get to lazy to go look for it. 

Everyone stinks, yes even the pros. Have fun 

Quite keen to give the new Callaway range a try and see how they perform

Driver - :cobra-small: King SZ 1w 7.5° w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 110MSI 60x

Woods - :cobra-small:King SZ Big Tour 3w 13.5° w/ Fujikura Pro 65, King SZ 5w 20° w/ Tensei CK White 70

Driving Iron - :cobra-small: King Utility 2i 16° w/ Project X Hzrdus Black 85

Irons - :callaway-small: Apex '24 Combo set - 4i Pro, 5i-8i CB, 9i-10i MB w/ KBS Tour V 120 X-Stiff

Wedges - :callaway-small: MD5 Jaws 52° - S 10° grind, 56° - C 8° grind, 60° - C 8° grind w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner Tour Issue 115

Putter(s) - :odyssey-small: :callaway-small: :scotty-small: :titleist-small: :ping-small:  :nike-small: :wilson-small: O-Works 2 Ball Black, Big Bertha Warbird, Special Select Squareback 2.0, Red X2, Bullseye Original Flange SC, Bullseye Standard Flange SC, OG Bronze Anser, Method Midnight 007, R.Mendralla 8802

Vice Pro Plus for me. I've committed myself to only play one ball this year (though I may change up the color sometimes, because why not?) I want to remove variables and the intersection of price and performance has been tough to beat.

TEE C722 9.5° Tensei AV RAW Blue 65 X

TEE C722 3 wood Tensei AV RAW Blue 75 X

3h Adams A4 Boxer hybrid

4-P PXG 0311T Gen 1

GW 52° PXG 0311

SW 56° PXG 0311

LW 60° PXG 0311

Putter Rife Abaco 

Ball: Vice Pro Plus

Started gaming the OnCore Elixir last season and still have a couple of dozen on the shelf to start the new season.

I plan to do some experimenting early in the season with the ODIN X1, Maxfli Tour, and the new Titleist AVX based on the testing and results experienced by our members. I have no issues with the OnCore, other than they don't have a method of tracking lost balls...😅, but always like to keep the options open for potential improvement. 

The new AVX has a lot to prove as it will be starting with a definite disadvantage due to price...☹️

TSR1, 9*, Fujikura Ventus Black, 6-S

TSR1, 15*, HZRDUS Black, 5.5 

TSR2, Hybrid, 18*, TPT HYBRID 17/Lo

RBZ Tour4 Hybrid, 21.5*, S 

T-200, (2023), 5-PW,  SteelFiber, i95cw, S 

Vokey Design, 50,54,58, Dynamic Gold S200

Studio Select, Newport 1.5

ELIXR (2022)

Volvik Vimax Soft in bright green. It replaced the Bridgestone e6 Soft in yellow two years ago which I played for about 3 or 4 years as a result of MGS's Find it/Cut it campaign. These two balls have similar compression and play similarly in my game, especially off the tee. (Age 67, driving about 210 to 230 yards.) Both have been dependable, meaning I almost never have hit a missed shot and thought it might be the fault of the ball. I like them both but lean towards the Volvik for the easier-to-spot color, and the slightly matted finish which is a bit grippier on the green. The matte doesn't seem to affect my putting.

Randjf

1 hour ago, panhndl said:

TaylorMade Tour Response is my primary ball.

MaxFli Tour is my 2nd.  

The TM balls can often be found on Ebay for a lot less usually.  Just have to be patient.  

I played the Taylormade Tour Response also until they kept jacking up the price.  Then went to the Maxfli.  

11 hours ago, Golf2Much said:

2023 was the year of testing new golf balls for me.  I was pretty loyal to Srixon QStar Tour balls for a while (plus whatever I found around the course).  I decided to test some direct to customer balls that had some ties with my past.  First, I tried the full set of OnCore balls (Avant 55, Elixr 2020, Elixr 2022 and Vero X1) as I was born, raised and had my career in Western New York.  Overall, I liked each of the balls.  Then I tried the Snell MTB Prime balls (caught a three dozen promotion with towel this summer).  Turns out Dean Snell graduated from the UMass Lowell Plastics Engineering program two years after I did, so I had to give my fellow River Hawk graduate a try.  They also performed well but scuffed pretty easily.  Finally, when MGS had their Maxfli ball promotion this fall, I jumped on purchasing two dozen Maxfli Tour S balls based on the forum's reviews and member comments.  Before the first shipment arrived, I already purchased two more dozen in yellow.  After I put them in play, I knew I found my new go to ball.  Over the next several months, I purchased six more dozen of the Tour S balls (a four dozen pack of white hidden behind the stack of balls and two dozen of custom logo balls with "Golf2Much MyGolfSpy" printed on them).

GolfBallStash.jpg.5d931dbec7f2041f96f03a744f0f6032.jpg  Golf2MuchBalls2.jpg.91211f76962a55253fb6c3f8bce421b2.jpg

As a result, I have several dozen ProV1's, OnCore, Srixon QStar Divides and Snell MTB Prime balls waiting patiently in case the Maxfli balls abandon me.  I'm not expecting that will happen.

Same🤣🤣🤣

IMG_2206.jpeg

Driver:   :callaway-logo-1:Rouge ST MAX LS, 10.5, stiff

:taylormade-small: BRNR MiniDriver, S-Flex

Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Rouge ST MAX 3 wood, stiff

Fairway:  :callaway-logo-1:Rouge ST MAX 3 hybrid, S-flex

Irons:   New Level 902 OS, 5-PW, S-Flex

Wedges: :taylormade-small: hi-toe 50, 54, 58,  DG S300 S-flex

Putter:  :EVNROLL: Zero

Ball: Srixon Q Star Tour/Z Star

Grips:  Golf Pride Z Grip midsize

13 hours ago, johngschulz said:

I usually play z-star, but got the deal for the Maxfli Tour ball (4dz for < $100) at the end of last year and will be giving those a go in 2024!

Just wanted to send you a welcome to the forum. Good luck to you in 2024. Oh yeah, if you don't like the Maxfli Tours let me know. I'll buy them from you. 🤑

D- Ping G 400 SFT

16*- Adams Tight Lie

19*- Adams Tight Lie

4H- Ping G 400

5-U- Ping G 400

SW- Nike

56*- Ping Glide 2

P- Sub70 004 Mallet