When Do You Normally Golf? (Times/Days)

GolfSpy_APH

Early early early or evening sunset. No in between. I love being first off as much as I enjoy playing as the sun sets. 

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

The Ancient Agers depleted corp still gets priority tee-times during the week. We usually follow the expected temperature of the week.. So Tee times from anywhere from 7:00AM to 10:00 AM. Sans weekend tournaments, the weekend money game is at 11.30AM on both Saturday and Sunday. There is also Drink & Drive Tuesdays or Thursdays at 5:45 PM during early spring through late fall. 

Work during the week and get off at 1:oo of Friday's so sometimes will get 9 in on Friday afternoon after my hour commute. Our group plays Saturday mornings and try to get the first tee time of the day. With a group of five we can finish in 3 to 3.5 hours.

Dons Pic.jpg

Don Hilton

I like real early as in sunrise when weather is hot (or twilight) to miss the crowds and not have the heat.

Weekends tend to be wide open depending on opportunity and who I am playing with!

Callaway  Driver

Mizuno JPX Irons

Ping Putter w/ modified grip

image.png

I walk a twilight 9 once per week and will get in 18 a few times per month. Sometimes it's on the weekend, and I'll occasionally be able to fit in a weekday 18 depending on my work schedule. 

In my Big Max hybrid bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:wilson_staff_small: D7 6i-GW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact

am playing within 30 minutes of the first tee-time(either side of the first time), I get in 1-2 rounds a week before work during the week and 2-3 rounds on the weekend.    
play gets too slow later in the day and I play much better when I’m not waiting around…..

B_LinksGolf "Any day golfing is better than a day in the office"

What's in the Bag:

Driver: Callaway Rogue ST 3diamond LS: Tensei raw blue 65g stiff

3w/5w: Callaway Rogue ST LS: Tensei raw blue 65g stiff

4i-6i: Callaway '24 Apex CB/Modus 3 130 X-stiff

7i-10i: Callaway '24 Apex MB/Modus 3 130 X-stiff

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw (matte black) 50ºs-grind/54ºs-grind/58ºz-grind

Putter: Callaway AI-one Jailbird mini DB 35"

I usually play two -three times a week. Our men’s assn. Has weekly tournaments on Thursdays at 1:00 and Saturdays at 8:00 am.

I also play in a bi-weekly scramble held Wednesday mornings

I will be going out Mondays each week once I get back into retirement

Senior Citizen (67 yes old)

love to golf

Im a mornings golfer, usually by myself, but on the rare occasion Ill get paired with randoms. Ill play any day that lets me.  I like to be the first one off. There is just something special about your ball cutting threw the dew on a fairway or green. I also play fast so not having anyone in front of me I can usually get 18 in about and hour and a half. 

Driver-Titleist TSR3

3 Wood-Titleist Tsi3 

7 Wood-Callaway GBB II ( Yes, the 2002 model)

4 Iron-T200

5-P-PXG 0317st

Wedges SM9-50,54,58

Putter-Lab b.2

My golf has evolved over the last two years.  After moving from being a full-time Caregiver for my wife to being semi-retired I've almost completely given up weekend golf.  It's too crowded and expensive.  

With one set of friends, we're on the tee box just after noon on weekdays.  With the other, it's late afternoons trying to dodge leagues at local public courses.  

Driver; Callaway RAZR Fit

Fairway and hybrids: Callaway X2 Pro

Irons: Mizuno JPX 825

Wedges: Mizuno JPX 825 Pro

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

I like late afternoons on workdays to work on my game and mid-morning rounds on the weekends with family and friends.

TaylorMade woods, Callaway irons and wedges, and an Odyssey putter

Now that I’m retired. I enjoy golf during the week and in the morning. 

image.png.ec65754993cb81a3d0a7d15c70ab8fd1.png  Anyday Maverick Black Ops 7-way

:PXG: 0311 Black Ops 8° w/Mitsubishi Diamana S+ 60

:PXG: 0311 XF 3 wood 16° w/Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym X 5 - GW w/True Temper Elevate MPH Official Forum Test

:vokey-small: SM9 54°/12° D and 58°/12° D w/KBS Tour 110

image.png.0f5b009ff3d83fdae5e2e361f9676226.png DF3 w/BGT Stability ONE Forum Test

:EVNROLL: ER11v 34”  Evnroll ER11v Official Forum Test

Shot Scope Pro LX+ Pro LX+ Official Forum Test

:OnCore: Elixr 

:Clicgear: 3.5+

I play in the late morning to early afternoon.   Not a fan of dew because I like to walk if I can .  Warmer temps don't bother me even though I live in Scottsdale .  In the summer an afternoon round takes only 3 hours .

Srixon Irons

Cobra Driver

Volkey Wedges

Evenroll putter 

3 hole in ones so far ( Ohio, Hawaii, Australia )

Got spoiled & play in the AM with a bunch of retired guys. We are the first group off, all walkers. These guys come to play golf and walk 18 holes in less than 3 1/2 hrs. 

Titleist T200 Irons - 5i thru Gap Wedge - Stiff AMT Black

Callaway PARADYM X 9.0 with Hazrdous X Black 6.0 Stiff Shaft

Fairway Woods:  Callaway Maverick 3W & RazrX Black 5W - Stiff Flex

Rescue:  Apex 4 (22 degree )- Recoil 75H stiff flex 

Wedges: Titleist SM8 - 54 (D Grind) wedge flex; SM8 58(M grind) wedge flex

Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom X5.5

Ball: Titleist ProV1

Handicap: 0

I love twilight golf!

I am fortunate enough to live in a small town where the course isn't crazy busy and only a couple minutes from my house. Therefore, I always play a couple days in the evenings throughout the week. There is something about hitting balls until the sun sets that just feels right... it could be that I am not a morning person lol.

On the weekends, I'll go up both days a lot of times... sometimes to play, other times just to hit balls. If we travel to play on either of those days, we usually book something early in the day.

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

On the weekends I prefer to play in the mornings. Cooler weather and in my experience better behaved random pairings. However, my playing partner does not care for getting up early so it's always a struggle haha.

Also like to get in 9 holes after work when sunlight allows, no set days of the week just whenever we can.

Driver : :callaway-small:Rogue ST Max LS, 10.5° loft, MCA TENSEI AV White 65g, Stiff flex (45")
3-Wood: :callaway-small:Rogue ST LS, 15° loft, MCA TENSEI AV Blue 65g, Reg flex (42.25", tipped 0.5")
3-Utility: :Sub70:699 Pro V2 Utility Satin, 18° loft, :projectx:HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 80g, 6.0 flex
Irons: :titleist-small:T200 6i-GW, 27°-48° lofts, Nippon Modus3 120g, Stiff flex (+0.5”, 1° upright)
Wedges: Indi FLX S-Grind, 52°/56°/60° lofts, Dynamic Gold Spinner 115g, Wedge flex
Putter: :cobra-small:King Vintage Sport 60, SteelFiber P125 shaft (34"), :garsen:Quad Tour Taper grip
Bag: :cobra-small:Ultralight Pro, Ski Patrol/Black
Push Cart: :BagBoy:Nitron, Black/Red
Rangefinder: Bushnell Tour V5 Shift
2023 MGS Forum Review: Sugar Golf Balls (Final Review Posted)
2023 MGS Forum Review: Sycamore 009 Mini Putter (Final Review Posted)
2024 Unofficial Review: The "Putting Thing" by WhyGolf

-TJ

1 minute ago, tdroma98 said:

Got spoiled & play in the AM with a bunch of retired guys. We are the first group off, all walkers. These guys come to play golf and walk 18 holes in less than 3 1/2 hrs. 

I have started playing in the last group of the Ancient Agers… We call it the IR group ( those getting off injured reserve or those already on it ). This group average age is 77… We play at a much slower pace. Have to hunt balls on every hole. Everyone is in a riding cart… Still takes over 4 hours for a round. Can’t use the trick of waiting until everyone drives a cart from the tee and take the one that is left as with other groups. Most of us are confused on finding our respective carts. We still lose time sorting out whose cart is whose on most tee boxes😏🥴😳

I get at least one round in on Sunday morning with my dad and 1-2 of our local friends if they're available. If they're not, then its just dad and I with 2 others that get added.

I'm hoping to find a 9 hole evening league here to jump into after work, if one has openings and fits my schedule. If I can't get into one, I'll just start planning 9 holes on my own on a particular day and do that each week going forward.

The goal is a minimum of 27 holes per week of play along with practice.

In My Sun Mountain C-130 'merica Cart Bag:
Driver: :taylormade-small: BRNR Mini Driver, 11.5*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX, 60g
Fairway: :Sub70: 949x 3w, 15*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 70g
Fairway: :Sub70: 949x 5w, 18*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 70g
Hybrid: :Sub70: 939x 4H (21*), Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Black, 90g
Irons: :Takomo: 101's, 5-PW, :truetemper: DG120 S300
Wedges: :Sub70: 286 @ 50*, JBFG @ 54* & 60*, :truetemper: DG120 S300
Putter: :Sub70: 002 Mid-Mallet @ 35", Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0, Desert Camo
Ball: :maxfli: Tour & Testing :OnCore: Vero X1
Technology: :ShotScope: H4 w/ Tags, Pro L2 Rangefinder

I'll usually try and walk 9 holes first thing in the morning (WI weather allowing) before work during the week. On weekends I'll try and get out whenever I'm able. Nothing beats getting out first thing in the morning though and golfing while the sun's coming up. 

• Driver  - :PXG: 0811X 9 degree w/ Aldila NXT-GEN MLT 65 X-Stiff Green
  • 3 Wood:titleist-small:Pro Trajectory 980F 13-degree
  • Irons -  :PXG:0211 XCOR2 4-GW
  • Wedge:cleveland-small: Copper Tour Action 60-degree
  • Putter:Sub70: 008 Mallet
  • Balls -  :Snell: & :vice:

I normally play 9 holes every Sunday morning. We try to play 18 at least once every few weeks.

PXG 0211 12° driver w/Project X Cypher R flex  shaft
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411.jpg KE4 TC 16° 4 wood w/Kuro Kage Black 60g shaft

post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411.jpg KE4 TC HyWay 21° utilitywood w/Maltby MPF shaft
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411.jpg KE4 TC 22° 4 hybrid w/UST Proforce V2 Black shaft

post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411.jpg KE4 TC 25° 5 hybrid w/Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue shaft

Lazrus 27° 6 hybrid w/Lazrus  graphite shaft
PXG 0211DC irons 7-PW w/Project X Cypher graphite shafts

:cleveland-small: CBX2 50° wedge

post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411.jpg M-Series+ 56° wedge w/UST Recoil 660 graphite shaft
:wilson_staff_small: Infinite Bean putter

Like several have mentioned before, I'm retired, so don't have to play on weekends......I don't want to clog things up for the working guys!   We play Tuesdays and Thursdays around 8:00, walking.   The Tuesday group is a travel group (about an hour away is our longest trip).   Thursdays are at the "home course" only about 15 minutes from home.  Start by 8....finish by noon....we beat the crowds and beat the heat, and I still have the afternoon to accomplish any chores my wife may have dreamed up for me to do.....!!!

Edited by Fatshot

Driver:  Ping G, 12*, Senior Flex

Woods:  Orlimar Trimetal +, 20* and 26*  /Taylormade 300 Series 23* 

Hybrid:  Maltby STi, 24*

Irons:  Maltby PTM, 6-PW

Wedges:  Indi SuperGap 49*  Maltby M-Series 54* and 58*

Putter:  Maltby PTM-5 mallet

Right now I am definitely in early morning mode for golf and most extracurricular activities in general. Taking classes and doing homework on weeknights has me on a really weird sleep schedule that has me wide awake in the morning. Also, I do enjoy having the course to myself to try different approaches and such. 

WITB

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Qi10 Max

Hybrid: 🐏 FX Max 5h

5i-9i: 🐏 FX Max 10

Wedges: :titleist-small: 48°, 52°, 56°

Putter:  :cleveland-small: HB Soft 14

Ball: :odin:

When weather and daylight allows:

Weekend mornings for 9 holes at my local town muni with tee times 0830-0930. Occasional Sunday afternoon rounds (18 holes).

Weekdays after work, so late afternoon/ early evening starts. Mostly 9-holes, but some 18s depending on time and family demands. Thursday evening league matches when that is running. I  coach kids' soccer too, so that takes up some evening and weekend time and reduces golf time for some of the year.

2024 WITB:

:ping-small: G430 LST 9* (set at 10*) w. Mitsubishi Kai'Li White 60X

:titleist-small:TSR2 15* w. Mitsubishi Tensei White 75X

:taylormade-small:Stealth+ 3H (@18.5* flat) w. :projectx: Hzrdus Smoke RDX Red 80/6.5

:callaway-small:Rogue ST Max 21* 7-wood w. Mitsubishi Tensei Blue stiff/ or/ :titleist-small:TSR2 21* 7-wood w. Mitsubishi Tensei White 75X

:taylormade-small: 5i-9i: '19 P790; P- '23 P7MC w. :kbs: Tour C-Taper Lite 115X

:taylormade-small: 50/09 MG3; 56/12 MG3TW

:vokey-small:SM9 60/04L

Putter- :odyssey-small: Toulon Design Memphis, 2019 model [Backup: Sik DW C 2.0]

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5x/ TP5xPix ;  :callaway-small: Chrome Tour [see ball test link below] (also testing :bridgestone-small: Tour BX Mindset)

Other: :Arccos:. Gogogo Sport V-Pro rangefinder. :taylormade-small: Select Plus stand bag. :BagBoy: Nitron push cart.

I am retired so, I can make my own schedule. I play most of my golf in on one of our three courses. We have a Monday money game that includes various handicaps and weekly games. Example today we are playing 54 and we have five groups. Wednesday is the Men’s Club, if I choose to play. Unfortunately the Men’s Club rounds are usually slow and there are a bunch of sandbaggers. So, I usually only play with them occasionally. Thursday is the same guys as the Monday group run by a different member. Friday is a higher stakes game. The Friday group is all five handicaps and below. This is a very competitive group. Saturday we have a four man group that plays a money game. We have two single digit handicappers and two twelve handicappers. It’s usually a fun, but competitive group. Occasionally I play in a Sunday group that is all four handicappers and below. So, another very competitive group. So, in a nut shell there is an opportunity to play six days a week in a money game. 

Play like a champion today!

I manage a large golf group and we play every Saturday morning unless the weather doesn't cooperate. Once in a while I can get a day off from work to play during the week but that is few and far between. Then, there are 8 of us who have gone on a planned golf trip the last 3 years so we've been doing the RTJ trail in Alabama. This year will be the third year we've gone and after this years trip we will have played every course on the trail. Otherwise I hit the simulator at PGASS as I bought a membership there to start improving my game with my new irons I just got. I want to get more consistent with my game and only playing once a week is hard to maintain my 13 handicap. So I started hitting the simulator more to get in some practice after work.

Driver: Callaway Epic Speed 9* - Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 65, Stiff

3 Wood: Callaway Epic Flash 3 Wood 14* - Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 75, Stiff

Hybrids: Callaway Epic Flash #3 17* - Mitsubishi Tensei AV Silver 70, Stiff

Callaway Epic Flash #4 20* - Mitsubishi Tensei AV Silver 70, Stiff

Callaway Epic Flash #5 23* - Mitsubishi Tensei AV Silver 70, Stiff

Callaway Epic Flash #6 26* - Mitsubishi Tensei AV Silver 65, Regular

Irons: Ping G430, Red Dot, 7, 8, 9, W, 45.5*, 50*, ALTA CB BLACK, Regular

Wedges: Edison Forged - 55*, KBS PGI 80, Regular 2* Flat

Putter: Odyssey Toe Up #1, Ball: Vice Pro

I'm retired so I play in the morning between 8-9 if possible.  I find the game is quicker the earlier you tee off. I play every day I can. 

Paradym X Driver 10.5*

Paradym X 5 & 7 woods

Paradym X 4 & 5 Hybrids

Paradym X irons 6-AW

Cleveland CBG wedges 50, 54 & 58*

Odyssey Versa Sabre tooth putter.

I'm retired so I can play anytime but all of my golf buddies are still working.  One of my golf buddies is a pilot so we occasionally throw in a Tuesday or Thursday afternoon when he's not flying.  

We have a standing group that plays Wednesdays @ 11:30 ish, Fridays @ 11:30 ish, Saturdays @ 8:20 and Sundays @ 7:30.  The Wednesday group is just a foursome but Friday, Saturday & Sunday is usually 12-20 ish players.  We have to use an app for signups so we know who's coming.  We searched around and found one that also reads your current index, applies strokes to whatever game we play, has a live leaderboard and calculates the payouts.  

image.png.4818ede7e80f31645e620c4feb4b67bf.png Ping G430 Max 10k 10.5º Driver - Ventus TR Red 5-S

default_srixon-small.jpg.7ede661a77d554fa61d2d5496acf44db.jpgSrixon ZX5 MKII 15º 3 Wood

default_srixon-small.jpg.7ede661a77d554fa61d2d5496acf44db.jpg Srixon ZX5 MKII 3 & 4 hybrids

default_srixon-small.jpg.7ede661a77d554fa61d2d5496acf44db.jpg Srixon ZX4 MKII 5-AW Irons

default_cleveland-small.jpg.e4cb38d3900b8ee03ebe0e9f1cd9dbc3.jpg Cleveland RTX 5 54º and 60º wedges

default_cleveland-small.jpg.e4cb38d3900b8ee03ebe0e9f1cd9dbc3.jpg Cleveland Frontline Elite Elevado putter

default_srixon-small.jpg.7ede661a77d554fa61d2d5496acf44db.jpg Srixon Z-Star Diamond or Z-Star XV