Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Opinions Needed! Sun Day Red

Hello All!

My first rule of purchasing any clothing and especially golf attire is two fold: 1. I only buy clothing that is aesthetically pleasing to my eye & 2.  Regardless how much I like the item(s)  I have to be able to justify the cost.  I myself like others have stated, tend to purchase off season and on sale items for a fraction of normal retail prices.  

With that said, I do enjoy high quality items, just at discounted prices.  I am not necessarily a "brand" shopper as it's my need at the time, what I find that appeals to me, and how much I'm willing to spend on the item(s) that dictates my shopping experiences more than any particular brands.  

Regarding Tiger's line, I have no real interest in intentionally purchasing anything, but I'm not opposed to it if I find something that meets my criteria.   

PXG Gen1 Tour 0311 Irons 4-PW

Ping G425 LST 9 Degree Driver

Ping G410 LST 14.5 Degree 3 Wood

Exotics EX9 18 Degree Hybrid

Titleist Vokey SM9 Wedges - 52, 56, 60 Degrees

Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Putter

Titleist ProV1x Ball #14 

Unfortunately, the logo looks like a broken back to me (or a poorly fused vertebrae). As I have gotten older, I find I just want simple clothes that are made well with almost no logo or branding on them. My days of wanting to look like a tour pro with all their NASCAR logos are waaaaay behind me. Maybe I have gotten boring but I prefer something that is a solid color that fits well and is well made over something loud or with a huge logo. I like the Holderness & Bourne stuff these days, this is about as WILD as I will get...

image.png.496f4ba5e2ecda29ed63af3a73171ac8.png

:mizuno-small: STZ 230 9.5* ➖ PinHawk SLF 16* ➖ :mizuno-small: STZ 230 Hybrid 21.25* ➖ MALTBY TS1-IM 5-GW ➖ :benhogan-small: Equalizer II 54* ➖ :ping-small: Glide 4.0 (S) 58* ➖ L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 
Maxfli Tour X Official Review -- https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63068-testers-announced-maxfli-tour-x-golf-balls-with-max-align-technology/?do=findComment&comment=1021832

Honestly I'm underwhelmed. The golf attire market is saturated right now with hundreds of premium brands that all perform and have close to the same feel. I feel like Tiger and Sun Day Red took a swing and missed. The logo looks like a fish skeleton, and the clothing is just another "premium" brand in the same market space. I also don't know why there are three words in the name; It's over thought and unnecessary. I love Tiger and think it'll be a long time before anyone eclipses him in the course, but he signed a turd deal here that doesn't really differentiate from the other brands in the market, unless you count the sh**ty logo, then yeah - it's different. Just not in way that will make a bunch of money.

Titleist TSR3 // Tensei 1K Black 65g

Titleist TSR3 3W 15* // HZRDOUS Black 70g

Titleist U505 2i // HZRDOUS Black 85g

Taylormade P770 4-PW // Nippon NS Pro Modus 3 105g

Callaway JAWS MD5 50*

Callaway JAWS Raw 54* / 58*

Taylormade Spider GTX Single Bend Splitback / Ping Zing 2

Titleist ProV1 // Srixon Z-Star XV (Depending on how much money I want to lose any given swing)

1 hour ago, StrokerAce said:

kinda like a left handed golfer!  🤣

Go Team Lefty!  🙃

• Driver - Cobra LTDx Max
  • 3W - Callaway Paradym
  • 3h/4h - Callaway BB19
  • 5h - TM Stealth
  • 6i-P - Wilson D9 CB
  • 52* - Cobra SB Black
  • 56* - Callaway JAWS MD5
  • 60* - Mizuno T22 C-Grind
  • Putter - Cleveland HB 11 Soft Mallet 34"

I Love Tiger, has provided many years of great golf to watch.  But I have no interest in the clothing line, nor buying what I am sure will be another money grab with over priced/over valued products.  The logo looks like a minimalist version of LaCoste take out the alligator and replace it with a tiger....  Not a big fan of the celebrity/athlete/star haberdashery movement.  Glad to see people branch out and do new things, but I prefer to buy clothes that don't have a 500% markup because it has someone's name on it, or sponsored by them.  Save money, play more golf....

B_LinksGolf "Any day golfing is better than a day in the office"

What's in the Bag:

Driver: Callaway Rogue ST 3diamond LS: Tensei raw blue 65g stiff

3w/5w: Callaway Rogue ST LS: Tensei raw blue 65g stiff

4i-6i: Callaway '24 Apex CB/Modus 3 130 X-stiff

7i-10i: Callaway '24 Apex MB/Modus 3 130 X-stiff

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw (matte black) 50ºs-grind/54ºs-grind/58ºz-grind

Putter: Callaway AI-one Jailbird mini DB 35"

I expected more.  The line is very underwhelming 

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha Fusion

3wood: Titleist 917F

5 wood: Titleist 917F

irons Titleist T350 5-pe

hybrids Taylormade 4 

wedges: Titleist SM8 50/54/58

putter: Scotty Cameron Newport slotback

I find the logo (logos in general)  off putting, and so the clothes follow suit. Why use a jumble of bones that is unreadable from 10 feet. Folks unaware of Tiger, not who he is but his brand, will never figure it out.

I will pay for quality but these come across as rushed China made items. The sweater he wore at the Genesis looked so thin and cheap while being ill fitting (why extra long are length then roll it up) it just came across as ugly.   I have 30 year old cashmere sweaters that look new but were made by a quality clothier, and paid the price for them, and guaranteed you can’t read a newspaper through them!

The shoes look decent but look no where near the “big ticket” shoe of the old school leather sole shoe. The tops seem nice but like they just glued on a Sketchers bottom to it.
I don’t think Foot Joy or Ecco are too afraid.

Quality isn’t cheap and cheap quality is,,,,,,,,,,,,just cheap.

“Adventure Before Dementia “

PING G425 4-UW/SW Black Dot +1” Alta CB RFlex / ChipR

PING G410 Plus DRIVER 10.5* / 3W 14*/ 5W 17.5* / 3hyb. 19* / 9W 22*

PING Putter Custom PLD 4J Prototype / 1968 Anser / Odyssey TriHot #3

VICE Pro Soft Lime Green / Bridgestone RX - TreoSoft

39 minutes ago, SliceBoss said:

Go Team Lefty!  🙃

Don't get me wrong - I'm jealous! I wish I could play left handed. As someone who is right handed it seems like it would be easier since a lot of golf is flexing your lead/low hand.

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

Now, @GolfSpy_APH ,  if you are asking as TM is looking for testers of the new line?  That would definitely change a few minds i think...😆 

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

1 minute ago, Rob Person said:

Now, @GolfSpy_APH ,  if you are asking as TM is looking for testers of the new line?  That would definitely change a few minds i think...😆 

I think TM will do just fine promoting the product without our help for testers.

On the flip side we have so many tests I don't know where to fit them!?

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

Why launch in May when it was introduced in February? By May have people all ready purchased golf clothing for the season? Seems likely, because items sell out quick. Besides it will probably be middle of June before you see something that is ordered. Who knows how it will go-because it is Tiger’s brand it will likely be successful. However be nice to see more of the apparel. As for the logo, it’s fine with me. I like the idea of the 15 majors incorporated in the logo.  Just my thoughts. Would like to see it available earlier. 

Edited by DEck39
Punctuation

PING G400 Max / Accra Fx 2.0

Callaway ROGUE 5W / Accra Fx 2.0

TaylorMade 2009 Hybrids

Mizuno 900 JPX Hot Metal w / XP 95

Mizuno S5 Wedges

Odyssey 2-Ball Putter

Bridgestone RXS Ball

Vessel Stand Bag

I was more excited to see some of the lifestyle clothes vs the golf apparel from TW's brand. The blacked out hoodie in the release caught my eye but my guess is these will fetch premium pricing because of the hype and paying over $75-$85 is out of the question

Current WITB:

Driver:                      image.png.ad4d66f798557c86ee934344d1a24ed2.png       Paradym 10.5 Ventus Black 6S

Fairway:                   image.png.3077938d887c52577470dba42554f0aa.png     ST-Z 230 3-Wood (15°) HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0 60 Official Test

Hybrid:                    image.png.a874a9a429fd132acae64968308d6a89.png     ST-Z 230 Hybrid (19°) Ventus Blue HB-8 Official Test

Irons:                       image.png.a874a9a429fd132acae64968308d6a89.png     MP-18 MMC (4-9)

Wedges:     image.png.8641af187e8958a5ff8c3c2146b1fc7c.png  Vokey SM8 (46.10F, 50.12F, 54.14F, 58.12D)

Putter:                image.png.a85c45cc6c173613e90f345a17c689b4.png      Select Squareback 2 34.5 Ping Corded 88G PP58 grip double taped

Ball:                       image.png.c4e52864bdd9535caa79ae03a9376870.png        Pro-V1 (currently testing the Callaway Chrome Soft X LS Triple Track)

Reviews:

2023 Red Rooster Sussex Glove Official Forum Test

2023 Mizuno Long Game Official Forum Test

Tiger has not signed any other PGA Tour players to wear his brand. WHY?  Is he so narcissistic that he thinks only he is needed to rep the brand?   When he's not on the course, nobody sees his gear.   He's gotta sign some younger, up-and-comers.  

WITB:

Titelist TSI2, 50R Ventus Blue, Sub70 749 4, 7 wood, 5 hybrid, Sub 70 699 5-W, (or Tirelist AP1), Ping Tour 54°, 60°, Odyssey #1 White Hot putter, Srixon Q Star Tour.  

The logo is ok. The name is as dumb as it gets.. it will probably sell “ok”..

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple diamond 10.5 Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood ; Callaway Paradym triple diamond 15 degree, Ventus black TR 7x

Apex UW 19 degree, Ventus black TR 8x

Utility Iron: Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility, Ventus blue HB 90X

Irons: Callaway Apex MB 5-PW, KBS $ taper 130x

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw 50, 54, 58, KBS $ taper 130x

Putter: Wilson Staff TM22, hand torched, KBS cutter putter shaft, Super stroke Pistol GT 1.0

Nothing overly new or innovative about the brand - I saw someone compare it to a mix of Slazenger and Greg Norman's shark and can't stop seeing it now! There have also been plenty of rumours that Tiger only played recently to get the brand out there further hence why he looked so creaky. All in all I feel it's a waste for him and what he has built. 

Love the guy, don't love the clothes especially at that price.

D - Callaway X 416

3 Hybrid - Mizuno JPX850

Irons - Mizuno MPH4 5-PW

54deg Vokey SM7

50deg & 58 deg Cleveland RTX Zipcore Full-Face

P - Odyssey Tank 2 ball  

2 hours ago, TimmyD001 said:

Tiger has not signed any other PGA Tour players to wear his brand. WHY?  Is he so narcissistic that he thinks only he is needed to rep the brand?   When he's not on the course, nobody sees his gear.   He's gotta sign some younger, up-and-comers.  

Still trying to find that blog I read. But it mentioned him gearing towards youth players.

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Missed this survey but my quick read through the comments says most are a bit underwhelmed.  It took me a second to decipher the pictograph but, in all honesty, I don't think it's too bad.  Never was a swoosh fan, so-so on the TW initials, but I could see this catching on.  

Several made refernce to this being a bad take on the Norman "shark" logo.  That one is easy to make the connection and this one takes just a little effort... but maybe that's a good thing?

image.png.b80f11b100be0560cdb3814ef82d71a2.png

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Official Review)

I guess I’m too late for the survey, but I think the logo and the line are pretty underwhelming.  If Tiger was really serious about creating a real clothing line he would have partnered with a clothing designer.  Clearly his brand name in golf merits a premier product.

:titelist-small:  TSR 3   9.0  GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:titelist-small:  TSi 3  15.0 GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:titelist-small: TS3  21 Hybrid Tensei AV Blue 65 HY Stiff

:titelist-small: U-510 19 Utility Iron HZDUS Smoke Black 6.0 Stiff

:Takomo:  5-PW 101T Irons - KBS Tour Lite Stiff - Official Tester 2023

:vokey-small: Vokey SM9 52 F - 12 Nippon NS Pro 950 Stiff

:vokey-small: Vokey Forged 56 M - 10  DG S200

:taylormade-small: MG3 60 - 12 NS Modus3 Tour 105 Stiff

image.gif.2bc8a27613a423a3721fd3b955802132.gif  Scotty Special Select - Squareback 2 - 35”  / Super Stroke Slim 3.0

:srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

:titelist-small: Players 4 bag  image.png.939559f85230fe16347ecf2765438915.png    :redrooster:

:Arccos: Official Tester - 2021 & Loyal MCC Plus 4 Sensor User

I think it will take a while to catch on…Tiger/Nike/TW were such an icon for so long…for me, I’m not really a fan.

I typically try to find deals on apparel with my typical go-tos being Under Armour/Oakley/Izod/Adidas…but will purchase others.

Name/logo alone, I don’t think I would buy.

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Driver

TaylorMade Stealth 3 wood

Titleist U510 Hybrid (3H)

TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB Irons

Vokey SM8 Wedges (52/56/60)

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

The polos absolutely kill me with the logo being off to the right. Other than that it’s starting to grow on me. Especially the sweaters and pullovers. I just slowly have to burn the slazenger logo out of my brain.

WITB

D-Taylormade Qi10 Max

Irons- Ping i530 5-U

Wedges- MD5 Jaws

Putter- Special Select Newport

Related article I saw this morning…

https://amp.nine.com.au/article/c0bbb555-c99d-4ae7-8392-401a3542301c

Edited by TJ Hall

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Driver

TaylorMade Stealth 3 wood

Titleist U510 Hybrid (3H)

TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB Irons

Vokey SM8 Wedges (52/56/60)

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

I was excited to see what was next for Tiger and was highly disappointed. The brand, logo, designs, all missed the mark. Not by great lengths across the board, but a miss nonetheless. The slightly eschew logo on the polo is just awful. I would love to know their thoughts on that move.  

Go Blue! Hail to the victors!

On 2/21/2024 at 6:02 AM, "Mr. 72" said:

Is there an official explanation why Sunday is two words?

The logo smells of a now older guy trying to stay relevant with a younger generation. 

TaylorMade chief executive David Abeles said at the launch the choice of three words was deliberate. He said 'Sun' as an ode to the weather a golfer desires, 'Day' because golf can be played any day of the week, and 'Red' for Tiger's Sunday attire.

👆 this sounds like a lawyer wrote it...

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

1 hour ago, TJ Hall said:

I'm sure there will be a few more jumping into this legal side soon enough.  But personally I think there's enough distinction between them to have it not move forward

Edited by Rob Person

it... just... SUCK'S!

And I really love Tiger, the red Sunday thing he did and Nike but this will NEVER find a way into my house for sure... All the marketing stuff really sounds like they have no f*cking idea of what people wan't and like...

Driver:           :PXG:0811 XF GEN4 10,5 Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Blue 60 regular shaft.

Hybrids:        :cobra-small:  FLY-Z 3/4/5 , VLCT ALTUS R-flex 75gr. shaft.

Irons:             :cobra-small:  Speedzone One Length Irons 5-GW - KBS Tour 90 Regular shaft.

Wedges:        ST8TS Tour T Wedges 52-56-60 + 1,5cm KBS regular shaft.

Putter:            MLA Tour XDream 'Black Edition' Superstroke 3.0 slim (standard 34")

Ball's:             :honma: D1 and TW-X for the moment till i can find a better deal 😉

Rangefinder:  Garmin Fenix 6X Pro, ZIYOUHU Chinese laser, Garmin Approach X40., SwingU app.

Privileged to been testing the MLA Tour XDream BLACK EDITION SuperStroke 3.0 slim AND SwingU app for MyGolfSpy!