How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

1 minute ago, GolfSpy_KFT said:

The most painful three putt was on the Par 3 6th when I got on the green but was a good 50+ feet away. Mishit the lag putt and left it way short, basically leading to another lag that I nearly made. Pin was reading 155, which is normally an 8 iron. I had left the 8 short earlier in the round and didn't want to miss again so went 7 and proceeded to absolutely flush it 170 yards to the back of the green 😂

At least it was a painful 3 putt bogey and not a double.  

Yeah, the one extra club and flushing it always hurts!  

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

16 minutes ago, Rob Person said:

Had an amazing afternoon/evening round of golf today after GC duties!

Had a buddy from traffic division start playing golf again after 12 years of not playing. He asked if we can squeeze 9 out after his shift., I was planning on a solo round anyway, so he showed up for a 330 tee time .  He brought his wife to ride along as well. After playing 9 in 1h25min, we decided to go for the next 9 holes as well. 7We had an absolute blast. Had some blowup holes on the front,  and stayed pretty even keeled on the back.

He shot a 51/45, I shot a 44/43. If it wasn't for a stupid lost OB ball, I could have gone down to as low as 85!

The few 3 putts I had was just to poor alignment on my part. Some days the art of reading a green is with me, sometimes it isnt!  Today was the ISN'T day!!! Anyway, it was refreshing to play with someone different for a change. 

Here is a photo dump. @GolfSpy_SHARK if you use any, you can tag @ rtjgolftrail with the # rtjhighlandoaks

20240508_094152.jpg

20240508_094204.jpg

20240508_163613.jpg

20240508_173204.jpg

20240508_173208.jpg

20240508_173809.jpg

20240508_173405.jpg

20240508_214616.jpg

20240508_214605.jpg

received_1020876416419881.jpeg

received_272469252523658.jpeg

Must be something in the water lately.. I've been throwing darts with my 8-pw and 5 hybrid for the past few weeks, 5,6,8 ft from the pin and still been 2+putting..157 par 3, was 4ft from an ace and still walked away with a par😑

:PXG:Bubba Ivy 

I'm attaining a handicap for the first time this year, I typically play 9 holes on a full-length course once a week, and a twilight round (usually 18) on a shorter course (par 63). I tend to score quite well on the long course (+4 to +6 for 9), but struggle to do so on the short one (sometimes 20 or more over). This was true again yesterday; 12-over for the front 9, but improved on the back (+3). I'm guessing this situation is highlighting some weaknesses in my game (iron play and short game form the rough), so I'm determined to keep at it and conquer (by my standards) that course!

Ping G425 Max Driver 

Ping G410 3-wood

Cleveland Halo XL 7-wood

Srixon Z585 (graphite shafts) 5-GW

Mizuno T20 54 degree (blue ion)

Mizuno T22 59 degree wedge (denim copper)

PXG Operator 2 mallet putter

Final score is still no bueno but was striking the ball more consistently . My biggest issue is that I was over shooting a lot (usual distances were out the window by 10+ yards), so GIR was non existent. I have to take away the positives: birdied the hardest rated hole on the course!

9 hours ago, Rob Person said:

Had an amazing afternoon/evening round of golf today after GC duties!

Had a buddy from traffic division start playing golf again after 12 years of not playing. He asked if we can squeeze 9 out after his shift., I was planning on a solo round anyway, so he showed up for a 330 tee time .  He brought his wife to ride along as well. After playing 9 in 1h25min, we decided to go for the next 9 holes as well. 7We had an absolute blast. Had some blowup holes on the front,  and stayed pretty even keeled on the back.

He shot a 51/45, I shot a 44/43. If it wasn't for a stupid lost OB ball, I could have gone down to as low as 85!

The few 3 putts I had was just to poor alignment on my part. Some days the art of reading a green is with me, sometimes it isnt!  Today was the ISN'T day!!! Anyway, it was refreshing to play with someone different for a change. 

Here is a photo dump. @GolfSpy_SHARK if you use any, you can tag @ rtjgolftrail with the # rtjhighlandoaks

20240508_094152.jpg

20240508_094204.jpg

20240508_163613.jpg

20240508_173204.jpg

20240508_173208.jpg

20240508_173809.jpg

20240508_173405.jpg

20240508_214616.jpg

20240508_214605.jpg

received_1020876416419881.jpeg

received_272469252523658.jpeg

hmm, golf and fun aren't supposed to mix, are they? looked like a great day...

committed to performance excellence

21 hours ago, injectedcutty said:

Anyways, I had all cylinders firing, was switching between a left dash ProV1x and Tour B RX, and officially fired of a -3 68, my lowest ever round, and first ever time in the 60's!!!!!!!! I'm 40, been playing since I was a kid and could never break 70. When I say the shot scope has helped I'm not joking. Being able to track my data the last year has been a real game changer! That being said, I'm sure next time I play I'll probably shoot a 90 or some s*** lol! That's it for now, y'all have a great day. I'm gonna bask in my glory haha!

Congrats on breaking 70! It's a great feeling. Keep up the good work.

Jacob

When I reserved the tee time a few days back, it had yesterday as the windiest day of the week. Tri-Mountain is usually pretty breezy in the afternoon anyway, but Weather Underground had it right. This was a bit more severe- not quite at a Bandon Dunes level, but still a two-club wind that had me hitting into bending flag poles all day. Managed it well at times, sometimes not-so-well. 8 GIR, but 5 of those were 40-50 foot "birdie" putts, and Tri Mountain's contoured greens were unkind at that distance...3-putts on the three that were over 50'.

This is what 86 at Tri Mountain looked like on this occasion. I'm content with that score, all things considered.

IMG_3667.jpg

No golf today, rain and a possible thunderstorm later. Tomorrow morning doesn't look any better, might be done till Monday league play. Playing 18 on Tuesday at a nice course and it's only 28.00 to ride. The front 9 is pretty docile but the back has 5 holes that will definitely get your attention. Play well everyone. 

Frank musolino 

Walked 18 holes this morning and getting more comfortable with my new T200 irons & SM10 Wedges 48, 54 & 58.  I like the Irons, with the exception of the PW, I'll explain later). The Iron & Wedge fittings were very good, the Nippon shafts are fantastic. My favorite club is now the 5 iron, which is a T350 - Titleist fitting Blends their T Series Irons and I can see why!  

Putting is still an issue, missing what I feel are too many 9 to 15 ft putts.  Misread mostly. Today was a little better with putting.  Did get a bit apprehensive on a couple of 20-25ft putts.  Then drained a 21-footer for birdie. 

Made some Wood & Rescue changes - I reset my Driver from 10 degrees to 9 degrees. The ball flight came down a bit, hitting drivers further, 10-15 yards. Solid into the wind.  Plus I changed out the shaft went with a 50-gram stiff shaft from old driver, and swapped it for the 60-gram shaft.  

Rescue clubs - the 19-degree TSr2 is set at 18 degrees with more of a draw bias & I changed my Callaway Apex 4 hybrid back to the standard 21 degrees from 22 degrees. 
Today's Results: 1 under 34 on the front with a bogey & 2 under 33 on the back, no bogeys for a 67. 

As for the PW - based on the results of the shots, I told the Club Pro today, who is on staff with Titleist, the PW is not bent properly, it's somewhere between standard and 2 degrees flat. My specs are for the lie to be 2 degrees upright, as all the new irons are to be bent.  I've hit 9 PW shots and 7 came out chunky with the toe digging in. 1 shot was ok & 1 shot was telling the club is not 2 degrees upright. Club Pro tested it and sure enough the Lie is Flat. It was driving me nuts! But now I think the problem might be solved. 

Titleist T200 Irons - 5i thru Gap Wedge - Stiff AMT Black

Callaway PARADYM X 9.0 with Hazrdous X Black 6.0 Stiff Shaft

Fairway Woods:  Callaway Maverick 3W & RazrX Black 5W - Stiff Flex

Rescue:  Apex 4 (22 degree )- Recoil 75H stiff flex 

Wedges: Titleist SM8 - 54 (D Grind) wedge flex; SM8 58(M grind) wedge flex

Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom X5.5

Ball: Titleist ProV1

Handicap: 0

Hoping to get out tomorrow after work if the rain isn’t torrential (I’ve played 5x this spring in pretty steady rain - you can only get SO wet - rain beyond that l doesn’t add much).  
Played terribly last Friday - same pattern as the previous two rounds: rush to the course with little to no warm up (except maybe 10 quick putts and a chip or two to judge the green speed) before we get called by the starter, struggle to get in tempo and find some touch, dig into a hole with a few bogeys and maybe a double from stiff incomplete swings, then somewhere around #5, 6, or 7, find a glimmer of my feels, make adjustments, make a few pars and if I’m lucky a birdie on #8 or 9, and by the time I’m getting in a groove and starting to make shots, it’s too dark to play anymore, usually by #12, even earlier if the course is packed.

starting to wonder if I would get more out of spending that same amount of time on the range and practice greens, so when I get to play on the weekends with a normal warm up, I’ll get more out of it.  Sometimes feels like these rushed around 12 holes are hurting more than helping.  But I’ll keep plugging away because even the bad days I still love this game!

Dan Yates, 55 year old trying to qualify for PA Senior Amateur in 2024; searching for some magic in my game again

I did not have the same game I had last week... and yet, I managed to scramble around and still found myself within striking distance of Par after the 13th hole.  Then I promptly forgot what I was doing and tripled the 14th and bogeyed the 15th.  Left my birdie putt in the jaws on 16 and made par, brushed the edge to save par on 17 and made bogey, finally lipping out my 17.5 foot hail mary birdie putt to stay under 80 and making par instead.  Another multi birdie day with, lots of up and downs, hit and miss driver play, and cagey approach to cover a shaky feeling iron swing.  Happy to have a good day when I wasn't feeling like my swing was at its best.

39/41 80

Driver

311062546_PXG_LogoSmall.jpg.1ff58b767d1fb1cdfeac9a387718766e.jpg  0311 Gen 5 -- Tensei CK Orange 60

Woods

PXG_Logo Small.jpg 0341 3W -- Tensei AV Raw Blue

Hybrids

image.png.374545efa45a29aed00287677e783604.png  0317X 2&4 -- Tensei AV Raw Blue 

Irons 

:srixon-small: ZX7 4/AW -- C-Taper Lite 110

Wedges

:mizuno-small:  T7 55º @55/7  -- TT DG Spinner

Putter

Test.png DF2.1 or Link.1 -- Accra

Ball

:srixon-small:  Zstar Diamond

On 5/8/2024 at 4:17 AM, Rob Person said:

That course is about 1.5 hours from me and heard good reviews about it.  We're you there through the thunder beach MC rally or after?

We came in to PCB on Sunday as the bikes were headed out. I didn't mind the bikers, but I don't care for the bike noise when I'm trying to relax.

This is really a working vaca for me, and I only took Tuesday off to go play 18 with my friend. Otherwise, I've been in meetings almost all day, every day. I spent a total of about 30 mins on the beach so far this week and now the weather is looking worse. Glad I got to play when I did!  

Driver: :cobra-small: Cobra RADSpeed XB 10.5° Motore X F3

Fairway: :cobra-small: Cobra 15.5° 3/F Baffler Rail F

Hybrid: :cobra-small: Cobra RAD Speed 21° 4 Hybrid

Cobra RAD Speed 24° 5 Hybrid 

Irons: :cobra-small: Cobra Aero Jet 5 - PW, GW

Wedges: :vokey-small: Spin Milled 56°, 60°

Putter: :odyssey-small: White Hot Stroke Lab OG #7

Bag: 1622150773421.jpg.867df9e5987ee9b79cc36f4c70090b01.jpg Big Max 14.0 Hybrid

Ball: :titleist-small: Titleist Velocity

Shoes: :footjoy-small: FJ Flex

Golf is so dang bipolar! Shot a record low yesterday, went out earlier to play a few holes behind the house. Went +3 on 4 holes lol! Dumb sport, can't wait to play again!

On another note, super stroke dropped this beaut earlier. Since I can't make it to Vahalla next week(regret not getting tickets), I ordered the grip. My Ping putter has a 23+yr old grip so it'll be a nice upgrade.

Screenshot_20240509_190330_Chrome.jpg

Scott J

PXG Driver, AP2 irons, Cleveland wedges and Odyssey white ice 2.0

On 5/6/2024 at 9:21 AM, MaxEntropy said:

@MattF, @DiscipleofPenick, @Mr_Theoo and I met at Deer Ridge Golf Course about halfway between Cleveland and Columbus. In my opinion, this is a hidden gem that I had never heard of until we started talking about playing there. It's kind of in the middle of nowhere. The elevation changes are really dramatic, making club selection tricky, even with Arccos giving us a "plays like" distance. There are a couple "gimicky" holes on the front, but in general, I really liked the course. The visuals were very deceptive, but I assume that had a lot to do with the number of uphill, downhill, and blind shots. The greens were also pretty tricky, so there were plenty of 3-putts from us. Below is a picture from the 8th tee - Arccos said it was ~150 feet down to the fairway. The pic doesn't really do it justice.

As far as the play, I started out really well with 3 straight pars (including the #1 handicap hole), then settled into what was more typical golf for me. Driver was not great most of the day - I think I was getting too steep and there were too many flares. Approach was its typical level of OK-ness with some really good shots and some tragic. I ended up with an 87 (my course HC from the tees we played was a 12). I want to play the course again - now that we've seen it and have a better idea of the visual tricks, I think we could do better, or at least would be able to pick better targets.

20240505_124515.jpg.6810e1da6361b3e06184dcdc7b3e4334.jpg

I shot a 94 with a bad ending. Pretty excited to get another shot at this course and to play more this season

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

50 minutes ago, injectedcutty said:

Golf is so dang bipolar! Shot a record low yesterday, went out earlier to play a few holes behind the house. Went +3 on 4 holes lol! Dumb sport, can't wait to play again!

On another note, super stroke dropped this beaut earlier. Since I can't make it to Vahalla next week(regret not getting tickets), I ordered the grip. My Ping putter has a 23+yr old grip so it'll be a nice upgrade.

Screenshot_20240509_190330_Chrome.jpg

golf is hard... for sure

committed to performance excellence

2 hours ago, TheOther1 said:

We came in to PCB on Sunday as the bikes were headed out. I didn't mind the bikers, but I don't care for the bike noise when I'm trying to relax.

This is really a working vaca for me, and I only took Tuesday off to go play 18 with my friend. Otherwise, I've been in meetings almost all day, every day. I spent a total of about 30 mins on the beach so far this week and now the weather is looking worse. Glad I got to play when I did!  

Next time you are over this way let me know

Maybe we Can get a round in somewhere. 

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

Vicariously living through all of you at the moment. We just had 7 inches of rain in one day and all the golf courses are flooded for the weekend. Of course, I had two tee times this week (today and Sunday) and now I have to move them. Hoping the courses dry out, but we have more rain next week.

Swing like you mean it