Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

Got out for a round before work this morning and could not be more pleased with where my game is at early in the season. Played a local course near my house and shot 38-33 for a one under 71. On a whim I picked up a Razrfit Xtreme with and 'ilima and this thing is a fairway finding machine. Capped my round with a 50 footer for birdie that was quite a nice gift from the golf Gods.

Nice

My buddy has one of those bad boys. I hit it a few times, very nice club.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Played late yesterday afternoon at my home course walked 18. I was fortunate enough to be invited to play with some pretty accomplished players. One is the director of golf for the group of courses that my course is in. The other one is a little older than me but is a hell of a player. He has won quite a few State Amateur senior tournaments and the Mayor's Cup in Myrtle Beach 2 or 3 times. The other gentleman I met for the first time he was from Chicago but is moving here and he is a good player. All these guys could play. I kept my ego in check and played my game (which is good for me) I did not have my A game but probably my B game but I hung in with them. The Am champ only beat me by a couple and I barely edged the other 2 by a stroke or so. Like I said I did not have my A game but shot 75. This is the first time in years I had to knuckle down and play with some great players.But I stuck to my game and used my brain and not my balls. The Am champ is older than me and was out driving me 10 yds or so but I kept my ego in check and did not try to out drive him all day. I did let it out on the last hole and blew it past them in the fairway. Missed one fairway all day with the driver but it was only in the light rough. Pretty good day for me mentally

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

Couldn't hit a barn from the inside. But sank everything I looked at. Go figure. At least my putting is better....

There is no spoon.

WITB
TaylorMade M3
Callaway Diablo 15°
Callaway Diablo 18°
Callaway Steelhead XR Pro 4-W
Mizuno TP-4 50, 54, 58
TaylorMade Rossa Monza Spyder

Freaking hammered my driver all day long. Now if I could figure out how to chip and putt with it I'd be golden

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

Freaking hammered my driver all day long. Now if I could figure out how to chip and putt with it I'd be golden

:)

I was wondering what kind of shape your courses were in. Seems like everyone I've played lately has been in the worst shape ever. Even the greens at world wood were only passable.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

5 rounds in the books since wednesday... Striking the ball well, though after the long Minnesota winter I'm finding my putting is sad. Shot what was a mostly solidly struck 87 today at ASU Karsten course, with 37 putts... yeah, that's right. 37. The number of birdies that I turned into bogies was disgusting. As far as I'm concerned, playing the same ball through 18 holes is exciting enough.

Driver: TaylorMade R9 9.5* with a Diamana Kai'li 70 S shaft

Fairway: TaylorMade R9 TP 13* with Graphite Design Tour AD YSQ-st X flex

UtilityWilson Staff FYbrid 19.5* Aldila RIP Sigma Stiff

Irons: Wilson Staff FG Tour V2 KBS Tour X flex 4-pw (soft-stepped)

Wedges: Wilson Staff FG Tour TC 50* (standard grind, bent to 51*) TT DG Spinner, 56* and 60* (tour grinds, bent to 55* and 59*) Dynamic Gold Wedge flex

Putter: Yes! Abbie Tour Forged Pro Series 33" 

Ball: Wilson Staff FG Tour, Maxfli U4

Bag: Wilson Staff NeXus 100th Anniversary carry bag

Backup Irons: Wilson Staff FG-17 Tour Blades with TT Dynamic Stiff 3-PW

Backup Utility: Mizuno MP-H4 2 iron TT Dynamic Gold R300

Backup Putter: Pro Gear CG 100 33" (Pro Gear is what turned into Yes!)

Played 9 Thursday walking in a 30mph wind. After that I can say I have no concerns with playing the SLDR in the wind. Shot 41, one double and no birdies. Played 27 Friday and have no idea what I shot but my swing tweaks are starting to feel good and I was striking the ball great.

I REALLY need to work on wedges though. I missed the green 3 times from inside 30yds with my 58, and once was about 10yds. Putting was actually pretty good. Only one three putt due to a short push, but for the most part the new putter goes exactly where I was aiming.

Overall a promising start to the season and I'm just happy to be able to post in this thread again!

Oh, and like Paul I consider it a victory that I made it through all 36 holes with the same ball :)

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

Finally! Got my initial two rounds of the season in on Friday and Saturday.

Friday was good. Sunny and 60º. Played pretty darn well. 38-38-76. New driver, new hybrid, irons I hadn't touched for a couple seasons, and new wedges, so really good all things considered. 3 birdies on the day (reached two par 5's in two for eagle opps/easy birdies.)

Saturday was cooler; 50º. Little tired/sore from the maiden voyage the previous day. Hit it pretty good again, but missed by a few feet here and there that cost me. 40-39-79. Made birdie on 18 anyway to keep it in the 70's.

Good start to the season, and my home course came through the winter really nicely with great greens. Should be a good season!

"Glute Activator"

*Please accept my contributions of participation and intellectual property sharing as substitute for monetary renumeration.

I was wondering what kind of shape your courses were in. Seems like everyone I've played lately has been in the worst shape ever. Even the greens at world wood were only passable.

My home course is in lousy condition. Our greens are newish... 2nd year and are in good healthy shape at the moment. The rest of the course tees and fairways are awful. The guys that bought the course/club 2 years ago don't have much of a clue to be honest. We're in a severe drought also and that doesn't help. But.. we have water and a new RO system that treats the water. I think more than anything is they don't really have the money to operate a golf course properly nor do they have the right people. I just found out yesterday that they don't even own equipment to areify* the fairways!! :angry:

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Greens were bumpy but that's not why I didn't play well. I got the driver dialed in and now the chipping and putting have gone to crap.

In The Bag

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

Finally had a local course open, briefly since we're back n the low 40s again (that's HIGH temps, below freezing at night...). Managed to get in 27 holes at the 9 hole in the city park and really pleased with where I'm at for this point of the season - 44 - 45 - 44 over 3 days. The course is still in pretty rough shape.

I'm the newest member of my local country club, now that I don't commute to work everyday. They finally opened Friday (with restrictions and a lot of ground under repair) but I only had a chance to use the range, so far.

It looks like we may get some golf weather again late next week. All the courses around here need some extended warm weather and TLC!

What's In the Bag

Driver - :callaway-small: GBB 

Hybrids  :cleveland-small: Halo XL Halo 18* & :cobra-small: T-Rail 20*

Irons  :cobra-small: T-Rail 2.0

Wedges :ping-small: 60* TS / SCOR 48* 53* 58*

Putter     :scotty-small:

Ball :callaway-logo-1:

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

Lions and Tigers and Bears.... oh my! LOL.... I haven't shot a round this bad in a long time. There was nothing that worked today. I couldn't buy a par. Three good (in my opinion) tee shots. Everything else was just horrendous! I shot 91! I haven't done that in a very long time. I hope to not do it again for an even longer time...lol. Sometimes this game just lets you know that it owns you, not the other way around. I had a great time playing with my future son in law and my brother and a buddy. At least I remembered how to drink beer!

The game will ALWAYS own us! ;)

What's In the Bag

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

Greens were bumpy but that's not why I didn't play well. I got the driver dialed in and now the chipping and putting have gone to crap.

Me too.  I've always thought that if I could keep the ball in play off the tee consistently that I'd be scoring many, many strokes lower.  With the swing changes to combat the OTT, last four rounds have been my best off the tee in my history by several magnitudes (only one penalty shot) and only bad drives were ones that found fairway traps.  Yet, like you, the rest of the game has gone in the crapper.  

Nonchalant putts count the same as chalant putts.

In my Ogio Ozone XX Cart Stand Bag:

Ping G400 10.5 Deg Driver, stock Stiff shaft
TM Rocketballz 19 Deg 5 Wood, stock Matrix Osik Stiff shaft
TM Rocketballz Stage 2 21 Deg Tour 4 Hybrid, Rocketfuel 80h Stiff shaft 

Callaway Apex CF 16 Irons, 4-P, Stiff Shafts

Scor 48 and 55 degree wedges.  
Renegar 60 Deg Steel Shaft Lob Wedge

TM Ghost Spider Si 38" Counterbalanced Putter

Goofy game isn't it? I did it too. Been hitting it great, but poor chipping and horrendous putting. Finally got the putter going, and my ball striking fell off. Typical....

There is no spoon.

WITB
TaylorMade M3
Callaway Diablo 15°
Callaway Diablo 18°
Mizuno TP-4 50, 54, 58

Me too.  I've always thought that if I could keep the ball in play off the tee consistently that I'd be scoring many, many strokes lower.  With the swing changes to combat the OTT, last four rounds have been my best off the tee in my history by several magnitudes (only one penalty shot) and only bad drives were ones that found fairway traps.  Yet, like you, the rest of the game has gone in the crapper.  

Well, I've slowed the swing down (at least that's what it feels like, I've really just focused on smooth to the top and starting down and accelerating throughout the swing).  I hit a lot of really crisp iron shots too, unfortunately, the swing being what it is, I'm hitting the ball further because I'm hitting it so crisp by slowing everything down some.  And that's where the putting and chipping woes come in.  I had 5 or 6 shots from 50-75 yards because I drove the ball so well (missed 1 FWY).  I crapped the bed on all of them but 1.

In The Bag

I'd love to know what kind of shape Jax's courses are in - something about this winter, our courses are in the worst shape ever, normally they are perfect this time of the year and then at the end of April they get turned over for the summer -

At any rate in regards to Rookies last comment - I do anything I can to avoid the distance range that you mentioned, it's just too tough to work on, if I had time that would be another story but you know we all have day jobs, and families and such - hit hybrid off the tee and leave the 50-75 yarders to the guys who make their living at it. :)

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

The 50-75 yard shots are my bread and butter. If you notice, most ranges have 55 gallon drums or buckets at 50 and 75 yards, and I practice those a lot. For me, it's a half swing with a sw to the 75, and a half swing with the lw to the 50.

That said, I still prefer to be in full swing pw range.

There is no spoon.

WITB
TaylorMade M3
Callaway Diablo 15°
Callaway Diablo 18°
Mizuno TP-4 50, 54, 58

I can sympathize.  After almost two weeks off, I finally got out last night. After a winter of tinkering, coaching, and struggling with a lot of little things, the last month has seen most of those changes start come together.  I find myself getting off the tee better than ever. My irons are more accurate than ever.  My wedges are coming together.  Even my putting seems to be rounding into form, but I still have a specific range that I just do not want to be in.  50-65 yards.  The infamous chunk zone. 

Last night, I hit 80% of the fairways, needed 36 putts ( left several short on recently aerated greens ), but man did I struggle in the chunk zone, which I spent a lot of shots in, because I am  getting off the tee so well right now.  Quite frustrating to have a 55yard 2nd and end up with bogey.

Dru - Owner, President & Janitor, Druware Software Designs

RH 13.1 Handicap in soggy Georgia 

WITB
* 1W 10.5* @ PXG 0211 ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff )
* 3W PXG 0211 ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff ) 
* 5W 18* Tailor-made AeroBurner ( Stock Stiff )
* 7W  Sub70 949x ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff )
* 5i-PW @ PXG 0211 ( Gen 1 )
* 52 @ Hogan Equalizer
* 56 @ Sub70 
* 60 @ Hogan Equalizer
* Carbon Ringo 1/4
* Vice Pro Plus

Tee'd off at 31° and finished at 35°, it was a bit chilly out today.

Tee'd off at 31° and finished at 35°, it was a bit chilly out today.

Celsius?

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Celsius?

Man I wish, but that's golf in MN

I'd love to know what kind of shape Jax's courses are in - something about this winter, our courses are in the worst shape ever, normally they are perfect this time of the year and then at the end of April they get turned over for the summer -

At any rate in regards to Rookies last comment - I do anything I can to avoid the distance range that you mentioned, it's just too tough to work on, if I had time that would be another story but you know we all have day jobs, and families and such - hit hybrid off the tee and leave the 50-75 yarders to the guys who make their living at it. :)

Ours have generally been pretty good overall.  We've been playing all around because our course is not in good condition, looks like a bulldozer went wild on it (oh, wait, bulldozers have gone wild on it):

Greens+Mix.jpg

There's not been a lot of lush growth because of the cool weather (relatively speaking, considering the poor guys up north), so the fairways are firm and tight.  But the greens have been quite good.  One course, St Johns G&CC has had fantastic greens all winter, very, very fast and true.  Supposedly they've not been cutting them as much and instead are rolling them several times a week.  

Me, its the 20 to 40 yd shots that have been destroying me over the last three weeks (plus the putting).  Will be giving it another shot tomorrow.  Another cool day in the 60s.  

Nonchalant putts count the same as chalant putts.

In my Ogio Ozone XX Cart Stand Bag:

Ping G400 10.5 Deg Driver, stock Stiff shaft
TM Rocketballz 19 Deg 5 Wood, stock Matrix Osik Stiff shaft
TM Rocketballz Stage 2 21 Deg Tour 4 Hybrid, Rocketfuel 80h Stiff shaft 

Callaway Apex CF 16 Irons, 4-P, Stiff Shafts

Scor 48 and 55 degree wedges.  
Renegar 60 Deg Steel Shaft Lob Wedge

TM Ghost Spider Si 38" Counterbalanced Putter

I may be heading up your way the end of next week. I'll let you know.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

I'm at the point I won't care how I play, once I'm actually able to play again...  Snow again yesterday during return of cold weather this week.  It's supposed to start warming up this weekend, but I'd really expected to play more than 27 holes by now. :mad:

What's In the Bag

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

last Sunday I was invited to play with some of the guys i have met out at the club, we were playing partners, we got to hole 11, straight par 4, 350 ish, uphill, this is the longest 350 hole you will ever play, it plays more like 390-400 depending on wind, anyway, my partner pull hooked into the woods 80 yards from the tee, so from the tee, i am pretty much on my own so i played 3 wood from the tee, i pulled it slightly to the right, and i got lucky, it landed in the new pine straw, which kept it from going into the woods, and it about a foot from a tree, being a lefty i had no shot, so i told the guys, that they would get to see the upside down 8 iron played righty, from 150 out, i put it 10 yards from the green pitched it on to about 8 feet and made the par putt to tie the hole, i love making up shots like that, and yes i do occasionally practice hitting that shot, if you would like to try it, the 8 iron is the best club to do it with, and play it to slice.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

Those are fun. I actually have a place in my bag for a club. Thinking about grabbing a left handed iron for just those occasions. And of course, practicing it. Can't imagine the looks I'd get on the range when I turn around and hit it lefty....

There is no spoon.

WITB
TaylorMade M3
Callaway Diablo 15°
Callaway Diablo 18°
Mizuno TP-4 50, 54, 58

Those are fun. I actually have a place in my bag for a club. Thinking about grabbing a left handed iron for just those occasions. And of course, practicing it. Can't imagine the looks I'd get on the range when I turn around and hit it lefty....

i turns more heads when you flip over the righty club and play the shot, i can hit the upside down 8 about 140, i can also play a pretty good wedge shot that way, i can play a 52* as a 100 yard club if i ad to, and i would play it just like i would play a normal 56, again just aiming to the left as the loft of the club will put some serious spin for a slice. it fun to goof around ike that sometimes.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

Played yesterday in prep for the event we always have on Good Friday. I started it 12 years ago with 12 guys. We're at 50 now.

Anyway I jammed my wrist yesterday on a root and it still hurt like hell this morning when I got up. Taped it up and played anyway today. Least I bought my points quota down but the wrist hurts even more.

In The Bag

Played yesterday in prep for the event we always have on Good Friday. I started it 12 years ago with 12 guys. We're at 50 now.

Anyway I jammed my wrist yesterday on a root and it still hurt like hell this morning when I got up. Taped it up and played anyway today. Least I bought my points quota down but the wrist hurts even more.

Did you get done before the rain rolled in?  I got out and played this morning.  The front was good before the drizzle set in, but on the back I was really struggling with distances and greens as the moisture was so variable that some greens played almost dry and others played like they were soaked.

Dru - Owner, President & Janitor, Druware Software Designs

RH 13.1 Handicap in soggy Georgia 

WITB
* 1W 10.5* @ PXG 0211 ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff )
* 3W PXG 0211 ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff ) 
* 5W 18* Tailor-made AeroBurner ( Stock Stiff )
* 7W  Sub70 949x ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff )
* 5i-PW @ PXG 0211 ( Gen 1 )
* 52 @ Hogan Equalizer
* 56 @ Sub70 
* 60 @ Hogan Equalizer
* Carbon Ringo 1/4
* Vice Pro Plus