Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

Played in an event with my father in law at his club over the weekend.  36 Saturday and 18 yesterday.  We finished 3rd in our flight.  Over all it was a good showing for us.  Still loving the Snell and Ft Worth Hi's.  I did get 2 new Cleveland wedges and will put those to the test tomorrow in my US Amateur qualifier.

Driver: Callaway Rogue 9*

FW: Sub 70 Pro 4 wood

Hybrid: Sub 70 949 Hybrid 19*

Irons:  Sub 70 

659 CB 4 - 6 Black

639 MB 7 - PW

Wedges: Sub 70

JB - 50* 54* & 60*

Putter: Odyssey White Hot #2
Ball: Titleist Pro-V1x
Handicap index:  +3.9

Instagram: joshandersongolf

Twitter: @jacustomgolf

Played in the Lions and Legends at the club yesterday. Basically a two day Ryder Cup style tournament where it's young guys against older guys. Couldn't play Saturday because we came back from vacation.

Front 9 was better ball my partner made a 5 footer on #9 to win 1 up. Back 9 was singles where you play against both of the other two guys. Shot 2 over on the back with three 3 putts and won both of my matches. Had to give one guy 1 stroke and the other guy 2 strokes.

Really happy considering I hadn't touched a club in a week and a half.

Also popped the question to my girlfriend while we were on vacation in Kiawah Island and she said yes. Overall it was a pretty good week.

Driver -  :taylormade-small: M1 9.5* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Fairway -   :taylormade-small: M1 5W 19* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Hybrids -   :ping-small: G25 4H 23*

Irons -  :mizuno-small: JPX 850 Forged 4-PW w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Wedges - :mizuno-small: S5 50*07, 54*12, 58*12 w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Putter - Oddyssey Metal-X #7 w/ SuperStroke Pistol GT 2.0

Played in the Lions and Legends at the club yesterday. Basically a two day Ryder Cup style tournament where it's young guys against older guys. Couldn't play Saturday because we came back from vacation.

Front 9 was better ball my partner made a 5 footer on #9 to win 1 up. Back 9 was singles where you play against both of the other two guys. Shot 2 over on the back with three 3 putts and won both of my matches. Had to give one guy 1 stroke and the other guy 2 strokes.

Also popped the question to my girlfriend while we were on vacation in Kiawah Island and she said yes. Overall it was a pretty good week.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!  The wins were nice too.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I'd say so. Congrats man!

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

Spoken like a true golfer:  Yeah, I hit this iron on the green, hit a long putt for par, and oh, yeah,  I got engaged too....

Congrats!!!!!!

There is no spoon.

WITB
TaylorMade M3
Callaway Diablo 15°
Callaway Diablo 18°
Callaway Steelhead XR Pro 4-W
Mizuno TP-4 50, 54, 58
TaylorMade Rossa Monza Spyder

Spoken like a true golfer:  Yeah, I hit this iron on the green, hit a long putt for par, and oh, yeah,  I got engaged too....

Congrats!!!!!!

I was thinking the same thing lol. 

Btw Jbill8802 how was Kiawah? That's definitely somewhere I wanna go!

I was thinking the same thing lol.

Btw Jbill8802 how was Kiawah? That's definitely somewhere I wanna go!

Awesome really enjoyed it. Definitely going back and bringing the the sticks next time.

Congrats on the engagement!!

I played the Pete Dye design, Kearney Hills, located in Lexington, KY. The course was in immaculate condition and the Bentgrass greens were very, very fast. I shot a 41/43...84......the white tees were listed at approx 6,400 yards, so we played 3 holes from the Red tees to shorten it up a bit.....about 250 yards off the scorecard. I lipped out 3 Birdie attempts and 3 Par attempts......Did I say the greens were fast? Whew! Nevertheless, we had a terrific time.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Shot 44 tonight and I'm extremely happy about it. No blow up holes, one double, 6 bogeys and 2 pars...one putt the 5 out of the first 6 holes.

I'm starting to strike the ball much better and as such I'm having to realign my distances, so some of the bogeys could turn into pars before too long. Great night all around

Shot 93 on my home course last night, best 18 score i've put up so far, and it was a consistent 46/47. This was with a few blowups including a 5 on a par 3 (which happens to be the easiest hole on the course). Managed to hit a few monster drives and keep the 3 putts to a minimum but it easily could have been a round in the 80s. wedge play is poor right now.

:taylormade-small: R15 10.5 aldila Rogue Silver 60S
:callaway-logo-1: XR 16 3W
:mizuno-small: JPX 825 3H 19°
:taylormade-small: RSi1 irons 4-AW
:callaway-logo-1: MD3 54°
:mizuno-small:  S5 58°
:cameron-small:  X7M

Shot 93 on my home course last night, best 18 score i've put up so far, and it was a consistent 46/47. This was with a few blowups including a 5 on a par 3 (which happens to be the easiest hole on the course). Managed to hit a few monster drives and keep the 3 putts to a minimum but it easily could have been a round in the 80s. wedge play is poor right now.

Good job!  Short game practice will do wonders for the score.  I know it's tough not to keep playing, but the more time you practice wedge play, the better your feel will become and that leads to better scores.  If it's possible, spend some time on the course just practicing shots from those locations where you usually end up and have problems.  When you start hitting good shots there, better shots will happen when you play.  A lesson or two from your pro on technique wouldn't hurt either.  Good luck!!  I will be looking for a round in the 80's from you in the next month!  ;)

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Good job!  Short game practice will do wonders for the score.  I know it's tough not to keep playing, but the more time you practice wedge play, the better your feel will become and that leads to better scores.  If it's possible, spend some time on the course just practicing shots from those locations where you usually end up and have problems.  When you start hitting good shots there, better shots will happen when you play.  A lesson or two from your pro on technique wouldn't hurt either.  Good luck!!  I will be looking for a round in the 80's from you in the next month!   ;)

Thanks! I did spend about 20 minutes after my last hole working on the 40-60 yard shot that really plagues me. I would have spent more time but daylight was gone. Trying to work on getting some check spin because I tend to go long on all wedge shots, full and partial. 2 Penalty strokes, a bonehead 4 putt and i'm right there. Hopefully that follows up this month!

Shot 38-35 73 in league this afternoon. Oddly enough it was not a great ball striking round but the short game was sick, 24 putts some good par saves, some because I chipped and pitched it so well. The highlight of that mess was 17 (my 8th). I pushed my drive, took an unplayer, made a great drop, rifled a 5 wood out of the trees to 126, yanked a 9 iron between traps in an impossible spot and lipped out my par pitch. I got up and down from everywhere.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Tale of two nines today. Played the front 9 from the tips with my buddy this afternoon and shot 41. Played the front 9 again in league from the white tees (we have black, blue, white) and shot 47. Stopped in and had a reuben in between and forgot how to play golf.

Have a scratch match play match tomorrow at 1 if the weather holds out. Will be getting there early to hit wedges, pitches, and chips.

Tale of two nines today. Played the front 9 from the tips with my buddy this afternoon and shot 41. Played the front 9 again in league from the white tees (we have black, blue, white) and shot 47. Stopped in and had a reuben in between and forgot how to play golf.

Have a scratch match play match tomorrow at 1 if the weather holds out. Will be getting there early to hit wedges, pitches, and chips.

Not all that unusual.  I play from our Blue tees, but have moved up to the Whites a couple of times, and it brings into play parts of the course that I don't normally see off the tee.  Couple with that playing from unfamiliar yardages, and I don't have the same confidence to pull off certain shots.  At my old course I would routinely move up, even to the forward tees occasionally just to change things up; hit different clubs off the tees.  It's actually kind of fun in that it seems like a completely different course.

I had a sucky round going today. A ball out on 4 and in the trees on 5. The came 6, a 155 yard par 3. Yep, an ace. My second, but the first ever on my home course.

Not a bad way to turn around a bad round.

I believe you owe all of us a cold one, CONGRATS!!!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I had a sucky round going today.  A ball out on 4 and in the trees on 5.  The came 6, a 155 yard par 3.   Yep, an ace.  My second, but the first ever on my home course.  

Congratulations!  I've also had two; one I saw, the other I didn't.  I like seeing them better.

Yep!  You owe us a cold one.  

That happens at our course all the time, some of the low cappers say that the hardest set of tees we have are the white tees, they will shoot 73 from the black tees (6900), and then shoot 82 from the white tees (5900),

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

What a week!  Congrats on the engagement.  Can't get much better.

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

I had a sucky round going today.  A ball out on 4 and in the trees on 5.  The came 6, a 155 yard par 3.   Yep, an ace.  My second, but the first ever on my home course.  

Well... that changed things in a hurry.  Sweetness!  

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

Played in my US Amateur qualifier yesterday.  Was one of the worst all around performances I have had in competition. I did not drive the ball well, did not hit green and when I did I 3 putted. (77-80) I did play with 2 very nice and good college golfers (they finished 1-2 and are moving on).   I know after yesterday that this is a young mans game.  In no way was the course too big, but the distance these kids hit the ball is unreal.  I knew I was in for good day of watching golf when on the 4th hole of our morning round I hit one 325 and was 30 yards behind them.  Just the speed that they carry thru impact is awesome.  But back to my poor day.  It wasn't the balls or the clubs it was just the lack of a consistent swing, and no touch putting.  My best shot was a 23* Ft Worth Hi on the par 3 7th.  Hit it into the wind (220 yds) to 10 ft and made the putt.  My wife caddied for me and asked on our 27th hole "why do you do this to yourself".  I asked her what she meant by it.  I had just hit a wedge from 104 yds in the fairway (425 yard hole) that had no chance of holding the green. The ball hit 10 ft short of the flag and went over.  (All of us in the group went over).  And she replied you hit a good shot and do not get rewarded, why play in this these conditions?  And my reply was I have no clue.  We came to the conclusion walking the last 9 that yes I am getting older and yes I am not as fast but I love the competition.  So from now on its just State Am's and State mid-ams where maybe the setups are not as tough.  It was a long day and but I had fun and got to see 2 very good golfers.  I also had a lot of fun with my wife.  She did her very best to try and get my game and swing where it needed to be.  Below are the stats and they are not good.

659 CB 4 - 6 Black

639 MB 7 - PW

JB - 50* 54* & 60*

Yeah but at least you tried and got a handle on where your game is at.  Your experience is exactly why the USGA added the mid-Am a number of years ago.  The regular US Am was being dominated by college kids who were likely to be on the tour in 4 or 5 years.  The mid-Am (I think that 25 is the cut off) is meant for guys who truly are amateurs.

Nice job making it through the 2 rounds without hurting anyone. 

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Played in my US Amateur qualifier yesterday.  Was one of the worst all around performances I have had in competition. I did not drive the ball well, did not hit green and when I did I 3 putted. (77-80) I did play with 2 very nice and good college golfers (they finished 1-2 and are moving on).   I know after yesterday that this is a young mans game.  In no way was the course too big, but the distance these kids hit the ball is unreal.  I knew I was in for good day of watching golf when on the 4th hole of our morning round I hit one 325 and was 30 yards behind them.  Just the speed that they carry thru impact is awesome.  But back to my poor day.  It wasn't the balls or the clubs it was just the lack of a consistent swing, and no touch putting.  My best shot was a 23* Ft Worth Hi on the par 3 7th.  Hit it into the wind (220 yds) to 10 ft and made the putt.  My wife caddied for me and asked on our 27th hole "why do you do this to yourself".  I asked her what she meant by it.  I had just hit a wedge from 104 yds in the fairway (425 yard hole) that had no chance of holding the green. The ball hit 10 ft short of the flag and went over.  (All of us in the group went over).  And she replied you hit a good shot and do not get rewarded, why play in this these conditions?  And my reply was I have no clue.  We came to the conclusion walking the last 9 that yes I am getting older and yes I am not as fast but I love the competition.  So from now on its just State Am's and State mid-ams where maybe the setups are not as tough.  It was a long day and but I had fun and got to see 2 very good golfers.  I also had a lot of fun with my wife.  She did her very best to try and get my game and swing where it needed to be.  Below are the stats and they are not good.

Well at least you got off to a decent start on #1! Good on ya for giving it a go!

Thanks guys.  It always stings a little when you do not play to your ability.  Just more reason to practice and come back next year. 

659 CB 4 - 6 Black

639 MB 7 - PW

JB - 50* 54* & 60*

Played my scratch match play match today. I'm currently at 9.2. Played against a 5.2 that's a past club champion that just doesn't get to play as often anymore.

Started off decent as we both made par on the first 4 holes. Lost #5 after a plugged bunker shot and #6 after a lost tee ball. I was 2 down after 9 he shot 38 and I shot 40.

On 10 he got up and down for par from 80 yards after a chunked second shot and I three jacked to hand him the hole. On 11 he failed to get out of the bunker and I was just short of the green. Shanked mine into the bunker and got stuck behind the lip. 4 down. Got it back to 3 on 12 then we just halved everything through 16 where he closed me out.

Didn't play great but didn't play terrible. Just didn't play well enough to beat a 5 today. Had a good time though.

Well....this was my first time playing since I had cataract surgery on Monday. I was like a kid in a candy store! Everything was so clear and bright! I didn't even care how I played.... it was just amazing to see the course in such detail and clarity. I shot +4 on the front 9. I'm usually really not happy with that, but.............. sometimes, ya gotta stop and smell the roses!

Put up a 45 tonight (21.9 trending handicap) in my doubles league, and cost my team a chance at an overall W. 3 3 putts in a row, one off of an eagle putt and the first putt on 2 of them were no more than 15 feet to start, so that hurt. Hit the driver and irons well and only had 1 blowup hole. I did win the long drive contest so there's that. Putter certainly let me down.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using MyGolfSpy mobile app