Testers Announced! Vokey SM10 Wedges! ×

How early do you show up for your tee time?

For 1 I wish people would show up much earlier then do. I work at a course and people all the time show up 10 minutes before there time. Then they rush the cashier to get them out so they can get on the tee. You should be there 30 min early at least to stretch and worm up. 

Teaching golf and working on the course in my local area. I have been working to help teach kids and adults to learn this game that we love so much. I really love seeing new golfers come out and get that hit out there and see ther expression on there face when it comes together.  

I am still playing with this. So far I have found out I do not play well fresh out of the car or even 10 mins out of the car. The best round I have ever played, I had a full blown range session before hand. lol but i think if i can hit a small bucket, 20 balls or so, is best for me. as long as i get another 20 mins on putting. So now i show up about 1 hour before the tee time. to warm up. 

Edited by Samuel09152

Samuel Hanvey 

59 minutes ago, StrokerAce said:

What kind of golfer are you? Do you like to warm up a lot, a little, none at all?

It seems to be a fine line
- too early and you can end up with a full blown range session where you're working on drills and end up in a poor mental state
- too late and you don't have enough time to get your mind and body ready to go

Are you someone who likes to have a full warm up (wedges/irons/woods/pitch/putt), just likes to chip and putt, walk straight to the first tee like a baus? something else?

I personally try to get there at least an hour before but not more than 90 minutes before since I end up hitting too many balls.

I'm only about 5-8 minutes from each of my home courses. So I will leave the house 1 hr before my tee time. Gives me time to get there, unload to the bag drop, change shoes, pay for my round, get loaded up, unpack what I need to, get a small bucket to warm up with, get some time on the putting green, then get to the first tee. It's not down to a science, yet. But I'm working on it. 🙂

In My Sun Mountain C-130 'merica Cart Bag:
Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth+ Rocket 3W, 13.5* turned down to 12.75*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 75g
Fairway: :Sub70: 949x 3w, 15*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 70g
Fairway: :Sub70: 949x 5w, 18*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX, 60g
Hybrid: :Sub70: 939x 4H (21*), Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Black, 90g
Irons: :Takomo: 101's, 5-PW, :truetemper: DG120 S300
Wedges: :Sub70: 286 @ 50*, JBFG @ 54* & 60*, :truetemper: DG120 S300
Putter: :Sub70: 002 Mid-Mallet @ 35", Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0, Desert Camo
Ball: :maxfli: Tour & Testing :OnCore: Vero X1
Technology: :ShotScope: H4 w/ Tags, Pro L2 Rangefinder

57 minutes ago, StrokerAce said:

What kind of golfer are you? Do you like to warm up a lot, a little, none at all?

It seems to be a fine line
- too early and you can end up with a full blown range session where you're working on drills and end up in a poor mental state
- too late and you don't have enough time to get your mind and body ready to go

Are you someone who likes to have a full warm up (wedges/irons/woods/pitch/putt), just likes to chip and putt, walk straight to the first tee like a baus? something else?

I personally try to get there at least an hour before but not more than 90 minutes before since I end up hitting too many balls.

If there is a practice range available, I will certainly use it prior to my round, and I will also hit some chips and pitches and a handful of bunker shots. Therefore, I show up at least an hour prior to my tee time.

If there is no range at the course, I still arrive about 40-45 minutes prior to my tee time so that I can hit some chips and do at least 10-15 minutes of putting before teeing off.

DR - Callaway Paradym AI Smoke TD, Newton Motion 4-Dot

4W - Callaway Paradym 3HL, Newton Motion Fairway shaft, 4-Dot

HYB - Paradym X 18*, HZRDUS Smoke Red 80S; Sub 70 949X 21*, same shaft

7W (if played) - Sub 70 849, ProForce Black 80-S

Irons - Callaway Paradym, HZRDUS Silver Gen 4, S-flex

Wedges - Edison 2.0, 53* and 57* (bent to 58*), KBS TGI 100

Putter - (currently in flux, but usually an Evnroll 8V

Ball - Maxfli Tour-X CG (2023)

Bags - Ghost Golf Maverick Black Ops

Cart - MotoCaddy M7 Remote (without the remote)

Spoiler

driver / off the tee is no longer a weakness for me!

I try to show up 1 hour before tee time on competitive days. I like to hit a few shots to get warmed up and chip/putt. I am changing my routine to chip/putt first, then warmup balls. 

I could play golf every day and learn something new each time.

Driver: Callaway Paradym TD 9* Driver-5 Dot Newton tipped 45” shaft

Ping 425-6 Dot Newton tipped 45" shaft

TaylorMade 11.5* Mini Driver-5 Dot Newton tipped 44” shaft 

Woods: Ping 425 Max 3-Stiff Steadfast Jupiter 1+ shaft

Hybrid: PXG 0317 17*-Stiff Steadfast Jupiter 1+ shaft

Irons: New Level 4-PW 902PD Irons 6.5 ProjectX IO shafts

Wedges: PXG 311 Gen 3 52-56 Xstiff KBS TourLite shafts

Putter: TaylorMade Truss Heal

PXG Bat Attack

Ping Anser

Ball: OnCore VeroX 

Titleist Pro V1X

Callaway Chrome TourX

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63746-motocaddy-m-series-carts-2024-forum-member-review/?do=findComment&comment=1042686

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63748-bridgestone-mindset-golf-ball-testing-sampling-and-shot-scope-ops/?do=findComment&comment=1046248

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/62621-forum-member-reviews-callaway-whitebox-testing/?do=findComment&comment=1020558

I usually show up an hour before. I have to stretch. 16 spinal surgeries will do that to ya. Then I hit balls to finish the warm-up followed by putting. Yes, I know...putting should be first according to my coach (Bobby Lopez, PGA) but I find this works for me.

"It's only rock and roll...but I like it." - Mick Jagger

"It is not the will to win that matters-Everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters." - Paul "Bear" Bryant

"If anything is worth doing, it is worth doing with all your heart." - the Buddha

What's in the bag:

Driver Taylormade Qi10 Standard, 3W Callaway RazrFit Extreme, 5W - Cobra Fly Z XL, Wilson D9 4 hybrid, Heat II Single Length Irons 5-SW, Snake Eyes 60' LW

What's on my feet: Squarz/Under Armour Charged Draw 2

Bag Boy Quad XL Push Cart w/Bag Boy CB15 bag

Where I play:  Baja Country Club - Ensenada, Baja Califorinia, Mexico/Bajamar Oceanfront Golf Resort, Ensenada, Baja California, Mexico

15 to 30 minutes. Not much for driving range before the round, but do putt, so I have an idea what the greens feel like, and limber up a bit. 

WITB... Callaway Epic Flash driver and 3 wood. 

Ben Hogan 3,4 hybrid. One swing one length irons, 5 -9. Cleveland CBX 50, 54, 58.

Cobra King Supernova with Bettinardi Lamkin Midsize Deep Etch 15" grip. 

I'm there usually a half hour or more early. I like to chip and putt before I play. Occasionally I'll hit some range balls if I have something to work on. Either way, don't like to be rushed and I just love being at the golf course in general.

D, 3W, 3H - Ping G 425 Irons - Mizuno SEL Tour 4-GW, Wedges Vokey S8 54° and 58°, Putter - Ping CA 70

I turn up most times an hour before my tee time, start with hitting a 5 iron so I stretch out a little being a longer club and will not go to other clubs until I hit it flush. Then I’ll go through evens or odds with my irons, my routine is pick a target and hit three shots in a row, they need to be accurate until I move on to next club. 
If I hit one or two or three and one is so far off I’ll start again until three dead on in a row. 
Then check score card for hole one and look at the flyover and play that with my clubs on the range. 
If that goes well play number two on the range: Do some putting for green speed and then hit the range again with balls left in basket for a quick warm up so I’m stretched out again.

If I do this I can eliminate excuses for bad play due to no warm up. 

Titleist TRS Driver, Titleist TSR 3 Wood, Titleist TRS 2 Hybrid, Titleist T300 irons, Vokey SM9 wedges 56 - 60, Scotty Cameron putter. 

Assuming I am not pressed for time (coming in quick after work or something) I try to do 45 mins early.  30 mins to loosen up and hit some balls, 10 mins of putting (maybe chipping) and 5 mins to spare anything unexpected (like purchasing beverages! haha)

-NS

If I can get there early, I will. I like to hit a small bucket to get warmed and practice some common shots. Also get a few driver swings before I get on stage. 

Then there are the days that I'm behind scheduled because of one of a list of reasons, and I show  up 10 minutes before and grip and rip it. 

Two sides to the same coin. 

WITB: 

Driver: Cobra Speedzone Extreme :cobra-small:

5W: Callaway Big Bertha B21 :callaway-small:

4H: Callaway Rogue ST :callaway-small:

5i-PW: Cobra Radspeed :cobra-small:

52°: Vokey BV52 :vokey-small:

56°: Cleveland CBX2 :cleveland-small:

Flat Stick: L.A.B Link 1 :L.A.B.:

I try to get to the course at least 30-minutes before my tee time so I can get in some putting, chipping and stretching. Also, if I get to the course much later than that, my tension level rises.

I very rarely warmup on the range. 

Ping G400 Max 10.5* - Kuro Kage HBP Black Gen 2, 44.5" length

Ping G425 SFT 5W (19*) - Alta CB Slate SR flex 

Ping G430 5H (26*), 6H (30*) and 7H (34*)- Alta CB 70 regular flex

Ping G710 8i-W - Recoil 80 F3 shaft (1)

Cleveland CBX4 50* and 58*, Smart Sole 4C - Recoil 95 F3 shaft

Odyssey Original 2-Ball White Hot counterbalanced (lead tape in the head, Super Stroke grip with 50-gram weight)

Other: Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear; Callaway Org 7 bag; Clicgear 3.5+

Currently doing a Member Review on Argolf's Pendragon XL Broomstick putter. 

Usually 5 min before tee time my cart partner will be waiting in the parking lot.  Doesn't affect my first hole too much though.  This year I will try to get there at least 45 min earlier to hit a small bucket of balls which comes with membership. I find putting green doesn't help with my feel for distance at all.

t

At least 30 mins before the tee time. It's enough time to pay, get to the tee, warm up on the putting/chipping green, and psych ones self up

Ryan Gardiner 

Driver: Wilson Deep Red Maxx

Woods: 3W Cobra speedzone

Hybrid: 4H Cobra Speedzone

Irons: Cobra King F8 5-9, PW, GW

Wedges: Rife RX7 60:8 & 56:12

Putter: Odyssey White Hot Pro Hammer

Typically, 30-35 minutes. I mostly play early morning back 9s so the range isn't open. But even if I'm playing later in the day, I get there about the same time before and I usually don't go to the range. The last 2 full rounds I played, I was coming straight from work so tried to maximize my work time and reduce the amount of leave I would have to take.

Driver: :callaway-small: Epic Max LS

3 Wood: :PXG: Gen 5 0311XF 

Hybrid: :PXG: Gen 5 0311 XF 22 degree

Irons: :PXG: 2022 XCOR2 0211 5-GW

Wedges: :taylormade-small: R Series 54° & 60°

Putter: :odyssey-small:

2023 Test: ⌚Garmin Approach S70 47mm

I try to get out of the house as quickly as possible LOL

I get there about 40 minutes before tee time which is enough time for a small bucket to warm up and some putting. I like to enjoy the day and not rush to the first tee.

Driver: Callaway Rogue ST R Flex

3 Wood: TaylorMade Razr

Hybrids: Callaway Rogue Max 3 - 5

Irons: TaylorMade M5

Wedges: TaylorMade Milled Grind 4 52, 54/Titleist Vokey M6 56

Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7

R.jpg

I'm starting to get in the habit of 30-45 minutes. Spend 10-15 minutes each on the Range, Chipping, and putting. That varies based on how I'm feeling, though. If my putting is dialed in, I might spend extra time chipping, etc.

Fore right!!!

I like to get there about an hour before. Gives me time to warm up, work through my clubs, usually all the odd numbered clubs rather than all of them, do some chipping and putting. I find I play much better when I follow this routine

Driver: IMG_5084.png.5fbbd783dcc8d621f65db4e523c4867a.png G430 Max

Fairway: IMG_5157.jpeg.41245fafb8773b507ee7f693ad6a2066.jpeg LTDx Max 3 wood

Hybrid: IMG_5083.jpeg.03d55f2ce7c7118771008ca6d79deff1.jpeg Mavrik 3 hybrid 

Irons: IMG_5083.jpeg.03d55f2ce7c7118771008ca6d79deff1.jpeg Mavrik  4-AW,

Wedges: IMG_5083.jpeg.03d55f2ce7c7118771008ca6d79deff1.jpeg Jaws MD5 50 and 56 wedges

Putter: IMG_5308.webp.c1f0b99088f53de60d3349e71f9c2844.webp Mallet

Ball: IMG_5083.jpeg.03d55f2ce7c7118771008ca6d79deff1.jpeg Chrome Soft

IMG_5085.jpeg

Depends on the round for me…league/tournament will get there an hour early to go to the range/practice green.

Regular round, 20 minutes to get checked in.

In my younger days I have run up to the first tee with shoes untied hitting the first shot…

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Driver

TaylorMade Stealth 3 wood

Titleist U510 Hybrid (3H)

TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB Irons

Vokey SM8 Wedges (52/56/60)

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

social golf-1 hour before

tournament golf 1-1/2 hours before depending on how familiar I am with the course.

social golf-, 5 shots with a PW, 5 shots with a 7 iron, 5 with 3 or 4 hybrid then 5 with the driver, then to the practice putting green, hit some push putts, then longer putts to get the speed of the greens

tournament golf- 10 bunker shots, 10 chips, alignment sticks for 6 push putts, then speed putts, range is about the same as social golf, then back to the putting green before tee off, depending if the practice putting green is close to the 1st. tee or not, I like to be at the 1st tee 10 minutes before my tee off.

Fun post, thanks for putting this up...

committed to performance excellence