Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

New MannKrafted SpiderRock goes out, today

golfluvzme

A few months ago, I had a request for a specific head shape modification on a MannKrafted original head. It was thinning the stock blade a bit and extending the pintail. Head in hand I headed for the shop. I do all of my shaping by had, be it in a vertical mill, on the grinding wheels, cutting wheels or belt sander. This was a shape I had done, a few times and I felt confident in doing it right...........without measuring or marking..........oops. I knew as soon as I looked at the head from above, I had thinned it beyond what had been done, before. It was cool, but not what the customer had requested. That customer got a new head, shaped in the way that he originally ordered, and the SpiderRock was born, in the thinner shaping.

The SpiderRock got some great comments from posters on several sites and the original is now in a putter test in SoCal, up against the big boys. In response to the pictures of that one that were posted, customer "BK" said he had to have one. The only change he really wanted to make was the hosel. The first one had been a standard plumbers neck and he wanted his to look a little different, so a mid-slant was the ticket.

I have posted a few pictures as the putter progressed, and today, it is shipping out to his vacation spot in LaQuinta, CA. He'll have his new flat stick for a few rounds on some of the nicest courses in SoCal.

The finish is a new Hot Black/Blue Oxide that is done right here in good ole Phoenix, AZ. I found the shop by total accident and their work is first rate.

Check out the pictures and feel free to comment at any time.

Thanks again,

LaMont in AZ

MannKrafted GolfWorks

Sunset Beach's Custom Garage Guy, ;-)

2010_02200012.jpg

2010_02200016.jpg

2010_02200022.jpg

2010_02200026.jpg

Extending the length of the pintail landing area for the new hosel.

2010_01140010.jpg

2010_01140016.jpg

New look on the face, a 8-pass milling pattern.

2010_02210017.jpg

Test fit the MidSlant neck, before it becomes permanent.

2010_02240024.jpg

2010_02240026.jpg

2010_02240029.jpg

Here she is, all finished up. Stamping, welding and finishing all done right here, in Arizona.

2010_04040013.jpg

2010_04040015.jpg

2010_04040016.jpg

Thanks for taking the time to check out my post. The customer is fired up to have this one in his hands and I cannot wait to here how she performs.

Have an awesome week!

LaMont in AZ

MannKrafted GolfWorks

SSB's Custom Garage Guy, ;)

Thats a great looking putter.

Titleist 905R 9.5* w/ RIP Beta 60x

Adams 4060 16* w/ Matrix F7M2s

Maltby KE4 Tour 19* w/ AXE Xcaliber Tour Hybrid TS

Adams CB1 3-PW w/ KBS Tour S Hardstepped 1x

Scratch 8620 DS TNC grind 53* & DS EGG grind 58* w/ Dynamic Gold S300

Ping Redwood D66 w/ KBS Tour Black Nickel

I just got an email from the gentleman who received his putter, while on vacation.

Here is the text:

LaMont:

Just off the Nicklaus tournament course.

28 putts!! Inside 8 feet pure money and sank 3 or 4 25+ footers.

Awesome putter......looks clean at address...great feel and starts to roll straight off the face. Earned a long stay in the bag.....beating out Camerons, Bettinardis and Pirettis.

Thanks again. Keep me in mind if you have any new ideas or designs.

Can't buy good news like that, eh?

Thanks again,

LaMont in AZ

Archived